PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Strike

Wolfbutter
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
My teachers are going on strike for two weeks! Alright! But, they gave us a ton of work to do over the break. Like, tons of packets and everything. I thought this was odd, because they are taking away our Spring Break anyway to make up for the last days. But my question is, do I have to do the work they gave me? Should I? I think if the teachers are proposing a strike, it's not really fair to dump it on the students. Also, my school website says the work can be considered optional, but my teachers say they will collect it for a grade. What should I do?

nieh
01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
They're going on strike over spring break?

edit: Sorry, I misunderstood that. I'd say you should do it. Even if it's optional, it could easily be stuff you don't want to not learn.

ninthlayer
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
h8 teh teechers

You're a faggot. Do your fucking homework.

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Man, if you don't do your homework, they are gonna screw you up in a really uncomfortable place. Better do it. And hate them, if you want. Our teachers also striked. Those in my school are VERRY lame, and I have a good judge, cause my mum is a teacher.

wheelchairman
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
it's up to you man. If you don't care about your grades (or can get good grades without doing the homework) then I personally wouldn't do it. But if you do care about your grades, then you're a raging homosexual.

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Do the homework. Just do it at your own pace.

Wolfbutter
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
They're going on strike over spring break?

edit: Sorry, I misunderstood that. I'd say you should do it. Even if it's optional, it could easily be stuff you don't want to not learn.

But that's the part I don't get; we're not learning anything new with this. And even then, it wouldn't make sense; why would they take away out Spring Break if they didn't want us to learn new things? Why make us do it ourselves when they are already taking away more days to do it.

h8 teh teechers

You're a faggot. Do your fucking homework.

Dude, all of your posts are the fucking same. Just shut the hell up. Why are you so mean? Do you think you're cool, or funny or something?

But if you do care about your grades, then you're a raging homosexual.

Really? How so?

Funny thing is, we don't know when this strike is going to end. It might be two weeks, it might be two days, nobody is really sure. So, I have a massive pile of stuff I need to get done, and I'm not sure if I should wait or do it immediately. But I will do some of it. The uncertainty of it all bugs me. But thanks for the advice.

Tomboy Powerhead
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
If you are till 10th grade I can help you with the HW :D

ninthlayer
01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Dude, all of your posts are the fucking same. Just shut the hell up. Why are you so mean? Do you think you're cool, or funny or something?
I walk around with an erection 24/7 so yeah, I think I'm pretty cool. But go ahead and keep complaining about your petty problems, it's cute in that stereotypical teen rebellion way.

Camel Filters
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I remember when I was in school. Teachers had a strike every year that lasted 3 months from June - Augest.

Jakebert
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Teacher's strike? Now we'll never get new episodes of The Office.

Splinter[PI]
01-31-2008, 07:32 AM
do all of your classmates have the same HW? If so, ask them to separate it into parts and every1 finishes off his part. collect every part, rewrite it a bit and have nice holidays...

ps: maaaaan your lucky... strike over spring break...