PDA

View Full Version : Sayings/phrases/quotes I never want to hear again.

Jakebert
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
"Why don't they just let the rabbit have his Trix! It's such bullshit!"
"They have BET, but I'll bet if you had WET, it'd be called racist!!!"
"Did you know that Coca-Cola used to have COCAINE in it?!?!?!"
"If there's only one girl Smurf, where are all the kids coming from?!?!"

More to come.

JohnnyNemesis
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM

I almost got fired from my job for threatening to strangle someone who said this.

Seriously.

coke_a_holic
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM
"STOP SENDING ME JETMAN INVITES!!!!"
<every single "witty" t-shirt. I CAN ONLY PLEASE ONE PERSON A DAY, TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY LOL>
Anything pertaining to Chocolate Rain. Seriously, the kids in my high school have just found out about this and are making me go crazy.

JohnnyNemesis
01-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I CAN ONLY PLEASE ONE PERSON A DAY, TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY

Fucking goddamned motherfucking hell shit crap fuck someone just kill me end my godforsaken life.

sKratch
01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
You just got that shirt didn't you?

T-6005
01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
"Did you know that Coca-Cola used to have COCAINE in it?!?!?!"

This one's annoying, but the confusion is understandable since it has always used coca leaves.

JohnnyNemesis
01-31-2008, 09:09 PM
You just got that shirt didn't you?

dhjhssssl DIE

Jakebert
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
The only reason is really bugs me is because it's been so clearly debunked that I don't get why people still believe it.

WebDudette
01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Does 'I could care less.' count? I know there are many more I just can't think at this moment.

Wolfbutter
01-31-2008, 09:29 PM
The only reason is really bugs me is because it's been so clearly debunked that I don't get why people still believe it.

Coca-Cola did used to contain cocaine.

Endymion
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
this douche i know always wears this shirt that says "here i am, now what are your other two wishes?" and i consistently feel like castrating him when he wears it.

Jakebert
01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
u laugh at me cause im different i laugh at u cause ur all teh samez.

TBD
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
im not racist i hate everyone equally

GBH2
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
argh! those god awful t-shirts

wanna know how to keep an idiot busy (see back of shirt)
wanna know how to keep an idiot busy (see front of shirt)

KILL ME NOW

T-6005
01-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, let's all complain about the world, please.

Sidewinder
01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
I bet you were an ugly baby. (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23421)

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
about a skin-wannabe from my class, said by a jerk called Todor, but it was fun:

-When Ruslan (the wannabe) hears Hitler he gets erected!

And it was said loud in the history class, where the teacher is... omfg! :D And the worst - I sit next to this idiot... such a shame, despite it was fun, actually :D

Or about Todor in the spanish class, said by Anton (kinda gay-wannabe xD):

- You got such an oily ass, man...

:nocomment!:

By me in a boring class to the one, sitting next to me (Velko), with the usuall tone, like 'We have chemistry next class, don't we?' :

- You wanna fart, don't you? - no relation with anything, continuing drawing on my notebook...
And you know that in those classes it's loudy, so it was, but I was just saying that and it became so quiet... even the teacher laughed a lot, but you should've seen this. :nocomment!: x 2

Or I was in recess, we were talking about lack of money, so I told the guys I roam with:

- I GOT AN IDEA! Ye be the hos an' I be the pimp. - 154 cm... :angel: :rolleyes:

0r4ng3
02-01-2008, 01:25 AM
"Why play Guitar Hero? Real guitar is so much better."

Excuse me while I punch you in the face. With my real guitar.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Hahaha, good one. X-cuzed ;)

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2008, 04:08 AM
"You know, smoking's like, really bad for you" or some variation thereof. I know ffs!

Anything to do with Chuck Norris. It was funny in a previous life, kiddies. Move on.

batfish
02-01-2008, 04:10 AM
On my boss' coffee cup:
"You don't have to be mad to work here but it helps!!"

On various aprons:
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Sidewinder
02-01-2008, 05:05 AM
"You know, smoking's like, really bad for you" or some variation thereof. I know ffs!

So is leaving your e-friends behind for long periods of time.

:mad:

Apathy
02-01-2008, 05:35 AM
On a cold day outside: "So much for Global Warming! LOL! moar liek Global COOLING! LOLOLOLLO"

Jakebert
02-01-2008, 06:27 AM
On a cold day outside: "So much for Global Warming! LOL! moar liek Global COOLING! LOLOLOLLO"

I can't believe I forgot that one.

Nina
02-01-2008, 07:14 AM
A T-Shirt that says "I am schizophrenic", and on the back it says "Me too".
I just think it's lame.

I'm not fond of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" because I have difficulties believing it. But I dont go apeshit when people say it or anything.

Jakebert's "u laugh at me cause im different i laugh at u cause ur all teh samez." is really really annoying to me, too. Ur not alone brothah.

I cant think of more right now.

Andy
02-01-2008, 07:32 AM
The use of the words, "I'm mad/crazy, I am!" when someone believes themself to be particularly funny.

Oh and any saying/phrase/quote taken from a popular television programme so it could be used as a cover for ones own lack of imagination.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Oh, my Anarcy, I've forgotten this one: shik, shak, shok - repeated all over again, senceless, stupid and boys say it always when they think they said sth really cool. Or this :
- OH MY GOD!
- Speak, My child.

wheelchairman
02-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh, my Anarcy,

I hate this phrase.

mrconeman
02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
"A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Become a member if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH !!!!!

"I like every kind of music, from Led Zeppelin to Black Sabbath!"

AEFSIEHFSURGSJR"EQI&#163;HERI&#163;J

There are many many many extremely infuriating ones that you find on girls myspaces/bebo, that are just so fucking ridiculous that it makes me want to cry. Usually about relationships, some shitty catchphrase that makes absolutely no sense, but they think it's so awesome because it's empowering in some way, when really they just look like a fucking idiot.

Autonomist
02-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Similarly,

Rap = retards attempting poetry, LOL!

You can't spell crap without rap.

R.A.F.E. = Receives Anal from Elderly!

Andy
02-01-2008, 08:52 AM

Agreedagreedagreedagreed

H1T_That
02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
it fucking annoys me when someone says "i like all kinds of music"

to which someone replies "which death metal bands you into?"

to which they reply "eurgh, not that shouty stuff"

or some variation thereof.

I also fucking hatehatehate when people class themselves as random. Fucking faggots.

Harnum
02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
The use of "STUPID DUMBSHIT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!" on this boards as an insult is definately at the top of the list. People have to understand that it's not a great burn/insult or anything. Just STOP IT.

Anything to do with Chuck Norris. It was funny in a previous life, kiddies. Move on.
Holy shit you're back? Where were you!?

HornyPope
02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
The global warming saying annoyed me the most. We had really cold couple of weeks in January (i think) and I run into like five idiots during that span who said "lol so much for global warming, right?"

And I hate the Barack Obama bandwaggon. People make him out to be this saint and savior for America. Ok, so you like his policy and/or his image, good for you, but what the fuck do you know about the man?

Andy
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
And I hate the Barack Obama bandwaggon. People make him out to be this saint and savior for America. Ok, so you like his policy and/or his image, good for you, but what the fuck do you know about the man?

I think he looks a bit like a raisin.

Sunny
02-01-2008, 10:04 AM
ahahh i'm with vlad on this one. "LOL SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING" every time the temperature drops.

"real women have curves!@!@!" (curves do not equal fat rolls, ladies)

"why can't we have WET or white history month!" - worth repeating. so much h8.

"lolol feminists just need to get laid"

"u think u know but u have no idea!!!!" - ya, no, i think i do. DUMB ASS.

"drugs r bad mmkay"

"if u dont eat meat u wont have any energy!"

"i'm not racist my good friend is black!"

when people say "oh my goddess".

"the voices in my head told me to do it"

"can't sleep clowns will eat me"

anything relating to clowns, sporks, pirates, cheese. you're not "random". you're fucking STUPID.

also, when people say something is "zen". omfg. i kill u. i kill u so hard.

and tons of tshirts that make me want to punch people right in the goddamn face.

Andy
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
A couple of people have noted the exceptionally annoying trend of calling stuff "random".

"What are you doing here? Random!"

"Look what I found. How random!"

"He's well random, it's hilarious!"

"I love that show, it's so random."

Etc.

HornyPope
02-01-2008, 10:13 AM

You forgot:

Feminists are fucking ugly.

Feminists are dykes.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Sunny
02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
:D

those belong right with "she's not really a lesbian, she just hasn't been with a real man yet!"

Andy
02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
"It's a sequel, so it's not even worth watching."

"The remake was shite compared to the original."

mrconeman
02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
anything relating to clowns, sporks, pirates, cheese. you're not "random". you're fucking STUPID.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes 40 million times yes.
yes.

yes.

Andy
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
"It's not America, it's the United States!"

Endymion
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
usians have big, sensitive clitorises.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2008, 10:42 AM
^Actually, I'd love to hear that one more often.

Andy
02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Watching 24, I've come to realise just how annoying it is when people abbreviate Bullshit to B.S. "That's B.S!"

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
yeah, bs is really easier to type than B.S. :D

0r4ng3
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Now I'm sad because most of the stuff in this thread makes up about 75% of everything I say.

H1T_That
02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
The book was so much better than the movie

I also agree on this.

Why can't people realise a movie BASED on something will hardly's ever be better then the thing it was originally based on.

Jakebert
02-01-2008, 11:34 AM
ahahh i'm with vlad on this one. "LOL SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING" every time the temperature drops.

"real women have curves!@!@!" (curves do not equal fat rolls, ladies)

"u think u know but u have no idea!!!!" - ya, no, i think i do. DUMB ASS.

"drugs r bad mmkay"

"if u dont eat meat u wont have any energy!"

"i'm not racist my good friend is black!"

"the voices in my head told me to do it"

"can't sleep clowns will eat me"

also, when people say something is "zen". omfg. i kill u. i kill u so hard.

and tons of tshirts that make me want to punch people right in the goddamn face.

Aww, your list is better than mine.

Watching 24, I've come to realise just how annoying it is when people abbreviate Bullshit to B.S. "That's B.S!"

Jack Bauer refuses to waste time!

Andy
02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Jack Bauer refuses to waste time!

I love you for that. You are now my favourite.

T-6005
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
The beginning of Season 5 made me too sad. I can't watch 24 the same way anymore.

Andy
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm about 2/3 through Season 4. I feel bad, because I'm nowhere near as gripped as I was this far through Season 3.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh, that about 'the voices told me to do it' is really annoying! But once sounded funny. When I said: 'OMFG, I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD!!! - few secounds pause - oh...that was just my mp3-player. :whew: ' my friends really thought I'm crackin' up. And wanted to kill me later because of the stress, and they would... if they weren't rolling on the floor, I guess. :D Still, once a joke is cool, but everytime.. you just can get sick and from the smartest one.

Jakebert
02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
lol, i luv high school!!!!!

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I hate it, but music, drinking, smoking and staring at the boys make it a bit better :D

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh, I forgot, at girls too :D

killer_queen
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Any sentence that is followed up with "I'm a man, it's in my nature!".

And I'm all with Sunny on the "real women have curves" thing. No one cares if you have extra few pounds but do you have to insult thin women to make yourself feel better? Ugh.

Meiko
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sick of this:

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

BREAK
02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
And I hate the Barack Obama bandwaggon. People make him out to be this saint and savior for America. Ok, so you like his policy and/or his image

I must've missed something. Is there actually any other reason to vote for a candidate? I didn't realize Americans were expected to vote for people they'd done extensive research on, I could've sworn the point was to elect someone whose image you'd hope would cast the country into a more positive light.

Unless you're referring to people who mindlessly snap-to and fall in line supporting a candidate because it's fashionable, which is annoying no matter who it is.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Hahahaha. LOL. Btw, the funny thing is that before some of those jokes become popular, they were kinda fun. But when you see them EVERYWHERE it's gettin' too much. Bunny sux. He steals from BUGS, he's my idol! :D :lol:

Jebus
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
When will America open their eyes?
When will America wake up?
When will America see the truth? etc etc
_____ 2008!
Faux news, M$

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh noez, skinny women have it soooooo bad.

Homer
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
"9/11" .

Sunny
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh noez, skinny women have it soooooo bad.

that's not quite the point, is it? honestly, i don't think anyone here is denying that there is such a thing as thin priviledge; however, trying to empower one group by putting down another is hardly "empowerment". in fact, it reeks of divisive bullshit.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Is it really putting anyone down, though? Like, do you really take the "real" part in the phrase seriously? If so, honest mistake on my part + apologies from me. But it all just seems so harmless, and I can't imagine even being annoyed with all that privilege I'd have. It'd be more like "heh. right. I'll go back to getting any man I want now, kthx"

HornyPope
02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I must've missed something. Is there actually any other reason to vote for a candidate? I didn't realize Americans were expected to vote for people they'd done extensive research on, I could've sworn the point was to elect someone whose image you'd hope would cast the country into a more positive light.

You can vote based on whatever the hell you want as far as i'm concerned, but I'm annoyed at the qualities people ascribe to a personality they never met or did the slightest research on. "Aww, but he looks like such a great man".

Vera
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Besides, "real women have curves" is not being all "omg skinny bitches shud just eat more!", it's more like "Hmm, most women are not Keira Knightley's** size nor should they strive to be Keira Knightley's size".

I mean, I do get your point (to hear "gain some weight!" can be as annoying and offensive as to hear "lose some weight!") but I really don't hear that sort of a sizist implication in the phrase.

** Insert your favourite (naturally or unnaturally) skinny starlet.

coke_a_holic
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
also:

1. The use of "sketch" as an adjective bothers me. It sounds so forced when people say it; it has literally pried itself into the vocabulary of my high school.

2. ANYTHING pertaining to South Park, specifically the Manbearpig episode, which effectively ruined the entire show for me. HEY GUYTH IM THUPERTHERIAL!

3. Any lame 4chan internet memes coming direct from the keyboards of assholes to the mouths of other assholes who think the /b/ mentality works anywhere but on the internet. No, you are not lulzy. LOL EPIC FAIL.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I was just about go off on a huge rant about the word "sketch". Weird.

Wolfbutter
02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Following on what coke_a_holic said, but more. Anybody who quotes from any movie, show or anything is annoying. It hardly works out of context, and it is always unfunny. Fuck everything.

Vera
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Following on what coke_a_holic said, but more. Anybody who quotes from any movie, show or anything is annoying. It hardly works out of context, and it is always unfunny. Fuck everything.

Read: I don't understand even the most obvious pop culture quotes and when people quote them, regardless of context, I feel a little stupid. :(

WebDudette
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Woldbutter just doesn't know how to properly apply a Fresh Prince reference.

BREAK
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
You can vote based on whatever the hell you want as far as i'm concerned, but I'm annoyed at the qualities people ascribe to a personality they never met or did the slightest research on. "Aww, but he looks like such a great man".

I agree that's annoying, but when the electorate is so uninformed that a good number of full-grown voting age people can't even name the frontrunners, what can you expect? Anyway our politics are such a dog and pony show, you can hardly fault people for taking only the shallowest of interest in them.

Mota Boy
02-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Is it really putting anyone down, though? Like, do you really take the "real" part in the phrase seriously? If so, honest mistake on my part + apologies from me. But it all just seems so harmless, and I can't imagine even being annoyed with all that privilege I'd have. It'd be more like "heh. right. I'll go back to getting any man I want now, kthx"For me though, it's silly because unlike skin color, gender, sexual orientation, etc. weight is something you can DO something about. Yes, yes - different people have different metabolisms, it's easier for some than others, but ultimately it does come down to the fact that your weight is within your control, and that being overweight is unhealthy. To me, claiming that fat people are an unpriviledged class of people is similar to claiming ugly people are also a class, or annoying people, or social retards, or any other socially marginalized group. Being overweight is unhealthy, plain and simple, and more often than not "Real women have curves" and other such phrases are used by obese people in denial.

Put down the damn sandwich, go for a jog and then you yourself can go about getting any man you want. The whole "don't discriminate against the fat" thing annoys me. (And yeah, I know there are layers to the whole thing, and some people like others who are overweight, but I think that more often than not, fat empowerment is unhealthy and the negative aspects outweigh the positive... err, no pun intended)

Oh, and though Wolfbutter pointed it out already - coke (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp) really did used to have cocaine in it.

Personally, I'm mostly annoyed with any group thinking that it has a monopoly on the "truth" and that people from other groups (cliques, cultures, classes, subculturs, religions, poltiical parties) are either stupid or, worse, assholes. The overascribing of evil intent is one of the biggest problems I'm having with human beings lately (still, on the whole, humanity kinda rocks).

sk8ter-hater
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
'that's what SHE said/your mom' etc
and Ramones shirts.

Autonomist
02-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Duffman...

calichix
02-02-2008, 01:32 AM
"why don't people walk up to fat people and say, 'you're killing youreself!'"
"[insert untoward political figure/celebrity and a list of why they suck].. and he/she eats babies."

Andy
02-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Spiderpig, Spiderpig...

H1T_That
02-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't know...spiderpig is still kinda funny in some cases. It's going to start verging on annoying soon though.

Harnum
02-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Spiderpig, Spiderpig...
Agreed 100%

.. and the use of "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

You're not funny. Jesus..

Andy
02-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't know...spiderpig is still kinda funny in some cases.

Sorry, I really can't think of a scenario which would justify someone saying "Spiderpig" as funny.

DJMossimo!
02-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm so happy I could shit rainbows. I got a detention at school for having that one on my bag.

H1T_That
02-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry, I really can't think of a scenario which would justify someone saying "Spiderpig" as funny.

I think its a kinda of in joke amongst my circle of friends, seen as theres a guy who looks scarily like the spider-pig.

Don't get me wrong, no one goes on about spier pig all the time, but the phrase is still funny at certain times.

For example the other day, we were doing the pub quiz, and named ourselves The Spiderpigs.

It was worth a little giggle.

Andy
02-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I've got another one: The use of the word "blatantly" at the start of a sentence. 9/10 the point is not blatant, it's just your own pathetic conspiracy-theroist point of view.

HornyPope
02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
For me though, it's silly because unlike skin color, gender, sexual orientation, etc. weight is something you can DO something about. Yes, yes - different people have different metabolisms, it's easier for some than others, but ultimately it does come down to the fact that your weight is within your control, and that being overweight is unhealthy. To me, claiming that fat people are an unpriviledged class of people is similar to claiming ugly people are also a class, or annoying people, or social retards, or any other socially marginalized group. Being overweight is unhealthy, plain and simple, and more often than not "Real women have curves" and other such phrases are used by obese people in denial.

Put down the damn sandwich, go for a jog and then you yourself can go about getting any man you want. The whole "don't discriminate against the fat" thing annoys me. (And yeah, I know there are layers to the whole thing, and some people like others who are overweight, but I think that more often than not, fat empowerment is unhealthy and the negative aspects outweigh the positive... err, no pun intended)
Didn't we discuss it once (irl, no less) only your position was different?

As a student of sociology and as a graduated asshole, I'm going to put forward the following argument for the sake of argument, because I sure as hell ain't doing it for the fat people.

What's absent of your logic is the possibility that people face constraints beyond what you can comprehend, constraints that make a prospect of change as unlikely as "changing" gender or skin colour.

One example of a constraint is the lack of a cultural capital; a fat person who grew up in a community where the benifits of a healthy living are uknown isn't going to try to be slim because it doesn't mean anything to him. He simply never had a proper education on the matter as a child. His community never encouraged him to develop the skills required to maintain a healthy (mentally and physical) lifestyle, skills such as telling bad food from good food, cardio and athletic abilities etc...
Another example of a constraint is a pragmatic belief. Most of our beliefs are pragmatic btw. If a person is happy with being fat and wouldn't want it any other way, you just can't convince him otherwise. It's his personal decision on the matter and it remains a huge constraint in any attempt to make him change his attitude.
In addition, we can talk about "hierarchy of access". Sure, everyone can take a jog outside but if one person's immidiate neighberhood is an asphalt-paved cul-de-sac, clogged with people by day and shady personalities by night, while another's surrounding are rural fields, can we expect the two to develop similar relationship with the practice of jogging and draw similar benifits from it?
Lastly, lack of intrinsic motivation represents another constraint. As long as the person doesn't have the will to be fit and healthy, a decision that is ultimately personal, outside factors such as pressure from public and media isn't going to force him to be fit. Unlike the point touched in the pragmatic example above, it's not necessarily that the person is fine with being fat, but fear of failure and doubts over his ability to succeed, image issues and so on, can prevent a person from motivating himself to take the necessary steps en route to a fit life.

DJMossimo!
02-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Which is interchangable with obviously, clearly, ofcourse, and my personal least favorite DUH. as in DUH 9/11 was planned by the govt.

I want to punch people in the face when they use DUH excessively (spellcheck?)

H1T_That
02-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I've got another one: The use of the word "blatantly" at the start of a sentence. 9/10 the point is not blatant, it's just your own pathetic conspiracy-theroist point of view.

Yeah, that is annoying as fuck.

Also when people say "i don't mean to be nasty, but"

then say something totally offensive.

"i don't mean to be horrible, but you stink, get a fucking wash"

Meg
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
"OMG you fuckin' slaaaaaaaag" And other such less-than-feminine insults.

Lodat225
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
your mom jokes
"i dont care what you think"
"well that's just your opinion"
"it takes one to know one"

calichix
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I use duh excessively all the time. hairflip@u.

batfish
02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
"hyper"

1. Either in the case of an invented illness
("Sorry I can't have blue Smarties they make me hyper")

2. Or in cases that usually now favour "random"
("haha CHEESE! ... Sorry I'm feeling really hyper today")

Beheaded
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't understand this one. Can someone explain for a german guy?:p

WebDudette
02-02-2008, 01:35 PM

People don't seem to realize we already have CMT.
(horrible joke to make in a thread like this...)

I think it was Mike who mentioned people just shouting random /b/ stuff. I despise those kids.

When my H English II teacher told us that Martin Luther King was infamous.

Meg
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
"Oh my god you'll never BELIEVE/GUESS what happened!!!"

Jakebert
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
"Well that's YOUR opinion."

Lodat225
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
your mom jokes
"i dont care what you think"
"it takes one to know one"

yeah, jakebert. I agree.

BlackZeppelin
02-02-2008, 08:47 PM
"Myspace me fer sure!"

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
People don't seem to realize we already have CMT.
(horrible joke to make in a thread like this...)
Honestly, I don't think that's a joke. It's exactly what BET it. I'm not even joking.

I don't understand this one. Can someone explain for a german guy?:p
BET is Black Entertainment Television in America. And there isn't a channel specifically for whites, so stupid people argue that there should.

Lodat225
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
"Myspace me fer sure!"

I have yet to hear someone say that.

Endymion
02-02-2008, 11:24 PM
i'm infinitely glad i keep smart company. no one says shit like all this.

T-6005
02-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Honestly, I don't think that's a joke. It's exactly what BET it. I'm not even joking.

CMT plays Reba. For me, that makes it worthwhile.

Llamas
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
this was the first thing that came to mind upon seeing the thread title.

"A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Become a member if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music."
Any variation of this shit like "90% of college students have smoked pot. Put this in your profile if you're in the 10%", or the ones that dare to be "funny" and "random" that end that same phrase with "put this in your profile if you like bagels". Fuckkkkkk :(

One of my bosses recently said, "Yeah I like everything from 3 Doors Down to Nickelback". laksjfoiwehriowejuflsojflawejr. So you like everything from shitty generic early 00's rock to shitty generic early 00's rock?

God I hate this one. Hate it so much. Especially when people say it in all seriousness.

Both of these are insanely annoying.

I've never heard this. But I'm really glad I haven't. Sounds almost as annoying as the use of "womyn".

YESYESYESYESYES and zombies, ninjas, tator tots.... the list goes on. I hate that shit.

usians have big, sensitive clitorises.
lol I wish I heard this one more.

'that's what SHE said/your mom' etc
I still find these funny :-/

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 11:41 AM
A good "that's what she said" will always be funny, if executed correctly.

mrconeman
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I've never heard this. But I'm really glad I haven't. Sounds almost as annoying as the use of "womyn".

You've totally heard it in that episode of Buffy and you ~gno it!!

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I just made a Facebook note compiling some of these. And yes, I did mention that I had help from other people.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
http://uakron.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=8769574431&ref=mf

F@ BANKZ
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Link it dawg

Definitely one of mine.

nieh
02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Pirates, Ninjas and Zombies are not inherently funny like so many think, but that doesn't mean everything relating to them is inherently unfunny either.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
A good "that's what she said" will always be funny, if executed correctly.

I vehemently disagree with the "always" part. It's very, very rare that "that's what she said" is ever funny. It's great when it is though.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Well I said a GOOD "that's what she said" will always be funny.

One of my favorites happened a few weeks ago that I feel I must relate.

Friend: Man, I haven't watched a VHS tape in a long time. Uh...it's not working.
Friend's dad: Well, take it out, blow on it, then stick it back in.
Friend: That's what she said.

Endymion
02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
good, yes. but it begs the question -- what was on VHS that was so worth watching as to actually try to play it?

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Hopefully it was Cool as Ice.

nieh
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I heard the phrase "that's what she said" literally about 20 times in 2-3 hours last night and they all sucked.

I don't have to worry about VHS for that, I have it on DVD!

Endymion
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
you are one lucky son of a bitch, josh. that film is the holy grail of awesomely bad.

IamSam
02-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I get kinda pissed when people say "it's hotter than hell outside."

Really? Hotter than hell? Have you been there? Satan?

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I get kinda pissed when people say "it's hotter than hell outside."

Really? Hotter than hell? Have you been there? Satan?

What's the deal with that?!

T-6005
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Speaking of which - I was at the mall the other day and walked past a poster of Step Up 2, sparing it only a slight passing glance of disgust.

5 seconds later I found myself walking back, goggling at the poster's tagline.

"It's not where you're from. It's where you're at."

0r4ng3
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
To sum up this thread, saying pretty much anything ever is lame.

Llamas
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
You've totally heard it in that episode of Buffy and you ~gno it!!
I had to google it... I actually don't remember her saying that. But even so, the context of the quote sounds passable :P Cause Willow rocks.

Pirates, Ninjas and Zombies are not inherently funny like so many think, but that doesn't mean everything relating to them is inherently unfunny either.
This is of course true.

Also, I hate the phrases "rocks my socks off" or "rocks my face off". Ugh.

OH and I fucking hate the use of "uber" in English contexts. It's sooooo annoying. Everything has to be "uber" cool or "uber" smart. God damn it people, come up with a logical adverb. Also included here is "my bad". That one has annoyed me since I first heard it. Is it so hard to say "my mistake"? Bah.

Jakebert
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
You're uber right.

Llamas
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I will bitchslap you.

sKratch
02-03-2008, 02:39 PM
His bad, dude.

0r4ng3
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Guys, cut it out. She will literally rock your socks and faces off.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-04-2008, 06:17 AM
any redundant use of lol or :D at the end of a sentence

My trade mark :lol: :D

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 06:20 AM
You're right, I'm uber sorry.

*runs away giggling*

Tomboy Powerhead
02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
And ich bin uber alles :D

Sunny
02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Is it really putting anyone down, though? Like, do you really take the "real" part in the phrase seriously? If so, honest mistake on my part + apologies from me. But it all just seems so harmless, and I can't imagine even being annoyed with all that privilege I'd have. It'd be more like "heh. right. I'll go back to getting any man I want now, kthx"

Well, I suppose it depends. myself, growing up fairly curve-less and rather... spindly, i had to deal with a ton of shit in middle school that made me doubt my femininity and self worth for years to come*. i'm older and more confident now, not to mention i have sum bunz on me, but that "real" part of the phrase still sounds hurtful. i can't be the only one taking it literally. i know women who still seriously question their worth as women and their femininity as a whole because they don't have curves in the right places. keep in mind, in conversation, "real women have curves" can quickly deteriorate into "women who don't have curves look like little boys", and unfortunately, it often does.

* - this is not to say my experience wouldn't have been 345080396 times worse had i been an overweight child.

god, i HATE that one. hate hateh kjfgndflj.

if i say "i think something or other sucks" and some dumb fuck pops out at me with "well that's just your opinion", i... omg. can't deal. like... wow, i applaud your supreme powers of deduction, you dimwitted waste of resources. silly me, i thought it was rather obvious the opinion *I* happen to be expressing - preceded by "I think" - is solely MY opinion and not someone else's. but thanks for making sure i know my opinion is just my opinion, in case that slipped my mind... you jackass.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
but that "real" part of the phrase still sounds hurtful. i can't be the only one taking it literally. i know women who still seriously question their worth as women and their femininity as a whole because they don't have curves in the right places.

Yeah, this is something I should have been more sensitive to and realized before. But at least now I know. My apologies!

Sunny
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
to sum up, if you are female and you have a body, someone WILL give you shit for it! ;D

on a different note:
allow me to take this opportunity to say, i am not ashamed to admit that i say "that's what she said" now and then. I CANT HELP IT.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, that's just your...

No. I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to it. widhfsuohfgdfhshg KILL

Sunny
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
ahahah <3

well i could care less!! :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

(dsfgdsfgdgf i can't believe i just typed that horrible godforsaken phrase from hell)

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I KILL U SCUM. u scum i KILL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wheelchairman
02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Here's a phrase I like to hear more often. I like to hear the misuse of the word "literally."

Like "he's literally dying out there." "He's literally been swept away by an avalanche." Doesn't matter, it's always good. So much more livelier.

I wonder when the switch happened and people started misusing literally?

Beheaded
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
BET is Black Entertainment Television in America. And there isn't a channel specifically for whites, so stupid people argue that there should.
Ah, thank you for the explanation.:)

batfish
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Here's a phrase I like to hear more often. I like to hear the misuse of the word "literally."

Like "he's literally dying out there." "He's literally been swept away by an avalanche." Doesn't matter, it's always good. So much more livelier.

I wonder when the switch happened and people started misusing literally?

It's common where I live (just outside London) to hear a twist on that- "literately"

"I literately floored him"

T-6005
02-04-2008, 11:25 AM
It's common where I live (just outside London) to hear a twist on that- "literately"

"I literately floored him"
Well, that's just overkill on linguistic rape.

Vera
02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
to sum up, if you are female and you have a body, someone WILL give you shit for it! ;D

Yep.

I just read a quote in the Sunday paper where the new editor of a feminist women's magazine wrote something like, "It doesn't matter what you do, marry, stay single, get kids, don't get kids, adopt, it doesn't matter as there will always be somebody to say you shouldn't do that. And that somebody will most likely be another woman."

Women is bitches, like an adolescent crack dealer in OZ put it.

WebDudette
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Every time I even mention something being bad a friend of mine cuts me off with 'thats just your opinion'. It is the most frustrating thing ever.

In fact, I had gotten in to a discussion with a kid about what bands I liked and the fact that I dislike his. My friend started to defend him saying 'its his opinion you can't argue with it'. Basically, he was defending the kid by contradicting himself.

Last year my school had a Friday off. Everyone was pretty much convinced that Thursday was literally (isn't the word I'm looking for but same meaning) Friday.

Sunny
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
In fact, I had gotten in to a discussion with a kid about what bands I liked and the fact that I dislike his. My friend started to defend him saying 'its his opinion you can't argue with it'. Basically, he was defending the kid by contradicting himself.

god, i hate that shit. just because it's your precious FEELINGZ and OPINIONZ doesn't mean others can't disagree or have a discussion with you.

Sunny
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
TP is so fucking annoying. it's ungodly.

H1T_That
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Also, I hate the phrases "rocks my socks off" or "rocks my face off". Ugh.

OH and I fucking hate the use of "uber" in English contexts. It's sooooo annoying. Everything has to be "uber" cool or "uber" smart. God damn it people, come up with a logical adverb. Also included here is "my bad". That one has annoyed me since I first heard it. Is it so hard to say "my mistake"? Bah.

You're uber right.

I will bitchslap you.

His bad, dude.

Guys, cut it out. She will literally rock your socks and faces off.

You're right, I'm uber sorry.

*runs away giggling*

THAT, was fan-fucking-tastic.

H1T_That
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Last year my school had a Friday off. Everyone was pretty much convinced that Thursday was literally (isn't the word I'm looking for but same meaning) Friday.

I think the word you're looking for is practically.

WebDudette
02-04-2008, 01:16 PM
No, I figured it out. Kids had been saying it was technically Friday all day. I tried to explain that maybe it was hypothetically Friday but technically it is still Thursday.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-05-2008, 05:50 AM
You're really gay.

I'm a female, so it's cute :D

P.S. I'm a fuckin idiot... :nocomment2myself:

ruroken
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I almost got fired from my job for threatening to strangle someone who said this.

Seriously.
Wait... aren't you a history tutor?

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
English/Writing/Sociology. Not History. It was one of my students. Yeah, I shouldn't have threatened him.

ruroken
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
hahahaha were you having a bad day? I really want to know how this happened, because you don't have anger issues.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Ha! I mean, it was sort of an average day. But the kid in question had been annoying me for a really, really long time and he was making all these personal little jabs at me for awhile, so it all came to a head when he said that unbelievably stupid shit and actually meant it.

Good times.