PDA

View Full Version : BBS In-jokes from the past.

Jakebert
02-02-2008, 06:46 PM
So I was looking through me LiveJournal (shut up) and found something that I had almost completely forgotten about: MR. 10000 SUPERBLOG NOW! (http://mr10000.livejournal.com/) This is easily one of my favorite links ever posted on the board, and I figure it's time to remind everyone of it's awesomeness, even if he hasn't posted anything new in over 2 years.

JohnnyNemesis
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Not in-jokes, but funny quotes/good posts:

Yeah rap sucks, it's just a bunch of white kids in torn clothing and safety pins, even though they have heaps of money, and stupid 'nonconformist' hair that conforms completely to their chosen subculture, trying to pretend they're sooo antimaterialistic while signed to major conglomorates, singing about how antisocial they are and how society sucks and anarchy rules, even though under anarchy they'd be killed for their millions of dollars, and only using three repetative chords per song.

Oh wait, we're talking about rap?

Republicans are the most racist ethnic group ever.

you have made my mood from :D to :mad:

[Referees are conferring on the sidelines]

Referee #1: Okay, I've just watched the play over and over and over again for 90 seconds straight, and I've been calling these types of things for decades. There is not conclusive evidence one way or another, so the ruling on the field stands.

Referee #2: Wait, some kid in Buffalo called and said that there is no doubt that it was incomplete. Also, he wanted me to remind you that he has a 6.5 inch penis.

Referee #1: Alright, it must be an incomplete pass then.

social lives are for losers who don't have any e-friends.
In fact, I'm gonna sig one of these.

Jakebert
02-02-2008, 07:18 PM
I absolutely love the quote from offspring kid.

JohnnyNemesis
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
It was even better in context (of course), because he was 100% honest to God dead serious. He was so, so sincere.

Harnum
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
he was 100% honest to God dead serious. He was so, so sincere.
so am i! this thred makes my mood go from :D to :D:D

I love BBS in-jokes, although I haven't been in on a lot of them. Looking back and reading about them isn't quite as cool, but at least then you understand what everyone's talking about.

P.S - Who was the guy who said "i guess you could say offspring is his new favourite band!" after he 'beat up' some kid who was bad-mouthing them? Link plz? =]

wheelchairman
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh that's somewhere in GOD. I think that particular thread gets bumped periodically, but I can't for the life of me remember which one that is.

I don't remember Jakebert's link at all, so fuck jakebert.

I remember we created a lot of in-jokes at the A-dam meetup, but they are universally lame and overplayed now.

Except for the Living Abortion. We created that. I think it's user picture was a picture of Bella with a fetus posted over her face. She was worried someone would realize it was her. God I love fetus. Although I can't remember the password we created for that account.

wheelchairman
02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh wait, my favorite is still back when Vlad almost convinced some Brazilian kid to adopt his infant son. (Using a combination of flattering the Brazilian kid and threatening to kill his own child.)

The whole thing played to higher and higher absurdities until the Brazilian kid finally got it. (or did he just leave).

nieh
02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
He just left. I remember he even started im'ing me for some reason asking if Vlad was serious.

Republicans are the most racist ethnic group ever.

I don't remember ever saying that, but I'm kind of glad I did.

Lizardus
02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
He just left. I remember he even started im'ing me for some reason asking if Vlad was serious.

Please for the love of Rick James, tell me you said he was.

HornyPope
02-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh wait, my favorite is still back when Vlad almost convinced some Brazilian kid to adopt his infant son. (Using a combination of flattering the Brazilian kid and threatening to kill his own child.)

The whole thing played to higher and higher absurdities until the Brazilian kid finally got it. (or did he just leave).

I just read the thread and it's not all that funny anymore. I guess it was the context and how we trolled the kid exactly in the way we intended it, or maybe we used to be really easily amused.

nieh
02-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Please for the love of Rick James, tell me you said he was.

Yeah. I think I told him Vlad was obviously exaggerating certain things (I think I said "obviously he's not going to stick the baby in a box") but that he seriously was going to give the baby to his friend to drive down to give to the guy.

JoY
02-06-2008, 06:38 AM
I remember we created a lot of in-jokes at the A-dam meetup, but they are universally lame and overplayed now.

Except for the Living Abortion. We created that. I think it's user picture was a picture of Bella with a fetus posted over her face. She was worried someone would realize it was her. God I love fetus. Although I can't remember the password we created for that account.

most of our in-jokes we got from the board anyway, from looking at it entirely wasted. although... Mota Boy was black, Paris a city, E=I makes Ivil, I was a living abortion.... no, I guess what I just said isn't right. but I do know most of the great parodies & funnies in our conversations were very closely connected to this board & if they weren't, we brought them to this board like no business. ah, the memories.<3

thank you for that reminder. that was absolutely brilliant.

Endymion
02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Mota Boy was black

he's also thrashed thrasher or whatever "her" name is.