PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop my hunger

Nina
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I've been hungry all day today. I'm eating and eating and eating and eating but I'm just not satisfied. And most of the time I really AM hungry.
I've had a full breakfast, lunch and dinner. And a billion snacks in between.

This has happened to me way too often lately. And I'm sick of it. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this or what is wrong with me, medically? Maybe I dont drink enough? ppff I dunno, HELP ME NOW I KEEP EATING FETA CHEESE.

Sunny
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
do you get enough fiber in your diet? stuff that's full of fiber, like veggies and whole grains, helps you stay full a lot longer.

killer_queen
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
You probably don't drink enough. A couple glasses of water always work. Well, not always. For example right now, I'm still hungry. You could try to send me some of that feta cheese, that would work.

Nina
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Um yes I do. I'll try to sum up what I had today: (if you laugh I'll cry)

not in order
whole grain bread with cream cheese spread on it (breakfast)
a chocolate donut
rice with chicken (lunch)
an apple
a grapefruit
dark chocolate pieces
another slice of whole grain bread, this time with cheese
some bread with raisins in it
a chocolate pudding with little vanilla balls in it (mmmm)
egg and potatoes with mustard (dinner)
sauerkraut (I'M SO GROSS)
baked beans
lots of feta cheese...pure

shit. and i'm right about to order a pizza.
i was gonna make myself a soy milk drink when i realized that my poor stomach has enough stuff to worry about now. the shit i eat doesnt go well together.
and still hungry.

Gülsah, I also had a lot of tea today. And umm 3 glasses of water. :[

Wolfbutter
02-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Your body is growing, and it needs food!

Nina
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
wut? if i grow i'll grow wider! i'm not growing anymore :E

WebDudette
02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I am feeling the same lately. Ugh, I used to eat like 3 times a day, now I'm constantly hungry.

Sorry, no help what so ever : /.

Nina
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
And apparently that makes you vomit rainbows :(

0r4ng3
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
That's when you know you've had too many Skittles.

WebDudette
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
And apparently that makes you vomit rainbows :(

Well yeah, thats one of the better side effects though.

Lodat225
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Pregnant ?

HornyPope
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
You can't stop hunger but you can stop eating. It's called will power. It's not all that hard.

sKratch
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
It's bad when lodat beats you to a joke :[

HeadAroundU
02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
/\ I disagree.

wheelchairman
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
obvious answer. More beef and pork. You know, the filling meats. EAT SCHNITZEL.

Betty
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Hmm...

That's really not that bad Nina.

I mean, I've been eating a ridiculous amount of food lately. Well, not that much, but I eat almost constantly.

If you're hungry, just keep it healthy. Whole grains, meat, veggies, fruit, nuts are really good for filling you up, small portions of the nasty stuff. Water, like people said.

Try not to go crazy on the snacking at night, especially.

If you're just having snacking cravings, it's really hard to curb that. Just try to keep all the meals and snacks healthy and on time and the snacking cravings will probably get better. Usually if I want to eat but I'm not hungry, then I try and have tea just to have something flavoured to put in my mouth and keep me occupied. If you actually are hungry, then eat. Just eat little bits of healthy food, slowly, and it should go away.

Nicole
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
There's a number of reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

Biggest one for me is not eating enough protein. Carbohydrates digest pretty damn quickly whereas protein tends to sit in your stomach keeping you full for quite a while, so try to put some protein into every meal. Lack of fluids can do it also.There's also the possibility of worms but that's a long shot and can be cured with laxatives, one of the few things I can remember from year eight science class...

I find the best thing to beat hunger is to exercise like a maniac for a while. When I'm starting to eat for no reason other than for the sake of it I just go hit the gym and my metabolism seems to get knocked back in sync, I have no idea how this works for me, but it does. I understand your dilemma a bit, I had that issue yesterday after not really being hungry for a few days I just wanted to eat everything in sight, fortunately being tired was a stronger urge than being hungry.

Little_Miss_1565
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Nina, have you been to a doctor lately? I recently had some stomach acid problems, including an ulcer, and at first I felt like I was always hungry no matter what I ate. Then it got ugly. Take care of yourself!

Nina
02-05-2008, 03:11 AM
If you're hungry, just keep it healthy. Whole grains, meat, veggies, fruit, nuts are really good for filling you up, small portions of the nasty stuff. Water, like people said.

Try not to go crazy on the snacking at night, especially.

I'm of the same opinion. When someone is hungry he should definitely eat. I'm not really craving something, but it feels like my stomach isnt full, or full enough. That has nothing to do with not having will power. It just doesnt feel like I've had enough. I'll definitely try to keep it healthy, and not like yesterday o.0 thanks!

I find the best thing to beat hunger is to exercise like a maniac for a while.

Hmm maybe not like a maniac but I should exercise, I've been very very lazy lately. But doesnt exercise make you more hungry? I dunno.

Nina, have you been to a doctor lately? I recently had some stomach acid problems, including an ulcer, and at first I felt like I was always hungry no matter what I ate. Then it got ugly. Take care of yourself!

That doesnt sound good at all, sorry to hear. I had colonoscopy and gastroscopy done back when I had stomach problems that couldnt be explained, but they didnt find anything. However that was exactly a year ago :/ I cant go to a doctor within the next two weeks because of work but if it doesnt get better I'll make an appointement immediatelly.

Andy
02-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Maybe you're a vampire.

Tomboy Powerhead
02-05-2008, 06:18 AM
It's just a habit and just maybe your stomach is big (because you use it much, so stop the habit and it'll be okay) . Try not to eat at all, just vegetables and fruit, about half kg/day and drink as much tea as you want. At first you'll think you are dying, but it'll pass. After a weak or two you'll eat normal. Just the problem (most probably) is psychological or just you don't eat enough live food (fruit and vegetables, uncooked), so the food just ain't good enough as quality and you organism can't satisfy it's energy needs. And maybe it's the habit. Just eat less. Use your will. We know you can. Fruit, vegetables and everything that doesn't need heat treatment. And tea, with no or just low sugar. No meat too, it's really hard for the stomach to digest.

Maybe you're a vampire.

Those bastards don't need to eat, just to drink blood. As a werewolf I hate them a lot :p

Sunny
02-05-2008, 07:37 AM
hm. another thing could be that sugars/processed carbs only trigger more cravings for sugar/carbs. so if you kinda start your day with a chocolate donut, you're likely to start craving other sugary things later in the day because of how your blood sugar levels work. the glycemic index is a bitch.

also, regarding that "one should eat when one feels hungry" thing... i suppose everyone is different. if i ate every time i felt hungry or not quite full, i'd never stop eating. i only feel actually *full* for maybe like... 20 minutes after a meal.

Nina
02-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Tomboy Powerhead, I'm afraid I wont follow your advice. It doesnt really make sense to me.

Sunny, I consider being hungry different to just not being full. When I say hungry, I really do mean hungry, not just "oh I could eat something". My stomach is pretty small (despite what Tomboy Powerhead says ??? ) and therefore I get hungry faster than other people, but I also get full faster than others.
You are absolutely right about the sugar thing, though I didnt start my day with a donut. I started it with whole grain bread and had the donut 2h later.

P.S. It's a lot better today! But I have these "I'm always hungry" days like once a week, for about half a year now.

Sunny
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
i think tomboy might be trying to say that you should try a detox. like clean yourself out with raw foods and tea, which is actually a decent idea if you feel gross and have low energy, but i'm assuming that's not the case here.

last time i tried a detox, i ended up pigging out on belgian waffles at 2 am. NOT a good idea.

Meg
02-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Maybe you're just eating out of boredom. I'm terrible for that. I won't be hungry, or full. And I'll just eat. Purely because it's something to do, and I love to cook when i'm bored.

HornyPope
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm of the same opinion. When someone is hungry he should definitely eat. I'm not really craving something, but it feels like my stomach isnt full, or full enough. That has nothing to do with not having will power.

If you know you ate enough nutrients for a day and your body and brain is capable of functioning (especially if you're not planning to do any physical activity), your hunger is just a craving. You can either eat or you can not eat. It has everything to do with will power.

calichix
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
you didn't eat that much. maybe don't eat so much bread cause carbohydrates won't fill you up for long. or maybe you have hypothyroidism. :/

I'm always starvinnnng in the morning but mildly nauseas so I can't eat as much as my tummy wants me to for a few hours. buzzkill.

Nina
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm capable of understanding the difference between craving and hunger. Usually when I eat all day I crave something I cant have. Yesterday I was plain hungry. Maybe my portions were too small and didnt fill me up, ever. I dunno.

I wish I loved to cook when I'm bored! I'm too lazy for that, bf always cooks for me. Maybe it'll be different in my own kitchen.

Laura, I can have a hot british breakfast immediatelly after waking up, I'm so proud of that ;D I feel sorry for ya gf :[

Tizzalicious
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I have the same problems sometimes. Usually it only get worse the more I eat too, it's so annoying!

Little_Miss_1565
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I have the same problems sometimes. Usually it only get worse the more I eat too, it's so annoying!

That is a telltale sign of stomach acid or even an ulcer--get thee to a doctor!

Tizzalicious
02-05-2008, 01:06 PM
That is a telltale sign of stomach acid or even an ulcer--get thee to a doctor!

I got checked out completely last year, I had a biopsy of my intestines, a scan of my stomach, etc. They couldn't find anything. I already planned a new appointmetnt for tomorrow though, because my body messes up more and more every day =/

Amiralanal
02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
You need the finest kebab to still your hunger.

batfish
02-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Shrove Tuesday = pancake day!

Feel justified in indulging