PDA

View Full Version : NewsRadio.

Jakebert
02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
So I got the first 3 seasons for Christmas, and have been watching them over and over again for almost a month now.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2213/skmdc7cv.jpg
"And soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZtdLra24E)

Endymion
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
season 4 is also super awesome amazingly amazing.

season 5... is touchy.

also, best show ever? pretty much.

super also -- arrested development movie in the works? that's the rumor.

super duper also: brian posehn is awesome in that ep.

Lizardus
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM

season 5... is touchy.

I generally agree.

wheelchairman
02-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Man I only have the first two seasons. :(

Vera
02-05-2008, 01:59 AM
If region coding didn't exist, I'd have bought these already. Sadly it does and every free region-coding eraser program I've tried hasn't worked or has stopped working due time.

Boo. :(

Jakebert
02-05-2008, 06:33 AM

season 5... is touchy.

It turns out that I have season 4 as well. I misread the box sets for a month and thought volume one was just season one, volume 2 was season 2, ect.

I don't have a huge interest in getting season 5. The D.B. Cooper episodes are the only ones from that season that I can remember liking. Although, the whole set may be worth it just to hear the line "Doobie Keebler".

I'm not getting my hopes up about the AD movie just yet, because I don't want to be disappointed.

Tijs
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I've got all seasons, the quality isn't that good however.. I'll probably buy it I see it somewhere for a good price.

Rag Doll
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
i have...i think seasons 1-3. i cant remember now. good show though =)

Vera
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I've been rewatching this on youtube and oh.em.gee. Massive love. Better than I remembered! :D

Llamas
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
If region coding didn't exist, I'd have bought these already. Sadly it does and every free region-coding eraser program I've tried hasn't worked or has stopped working due time.

Play it on your computer and use VLC media player.

I've seen a handful of episodes of this show. I enjoyed Lauren Graham as a guest star. Overall, I thought the show was enjoyable, but not outstanding. However, I generally can't stand sitcoms besides How I Met Your Mother.

T-6005
11-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Play it on your computer and use VLC media player.

I've seen a handful of episodes of this show. I enjoyed Lauren Graham as a guest star. Overall, I thought the show was enjoyable, but not outstanding. However, I generally can't stand sitcoms besides How I Met Your Mother.

How I Met Your Mother is probably the single most average thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life aside from Neil Patrick Harris's role, and comparing it to either Arrested Development or even Newsradio is major insultz.

Llamas
11-13-2008, 01:59 AM
How I Met Your Mother is probably the single most average thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life aside from Neil Patrick Harris's role, and comparing it to either Arrested Development or even Newsradio is major insultz.

Huh? I didn't compare it to anything... other than the fact that they all fit under the huge umbrella of "sit com", which shows like "One on One" and "Full House" also fit under... so I don't see why there are insults...

Anyway, I'd argue why I disagree with HIMYM being average, but I wasn't trying to start an argument about sit coms here; I was just stating my opinion on the original topic. But good job veering the thread off topic. ;) ;) :P

Endymion
11-13-2008, 02:14 AM
i just got my friend adam into newsradio.

also, i heard this morning that the AD movie is go. i wonder how that will turn out...

Vera
11-13-2008, 02:26 AM

But you're French, so there.

No, seriously, HIMYM has slid to just being a solid good sitcom from being an excellent sitcom but spend 4 hours watching the other sitcoms on TV and tell me that shit isn't marvelous. Within it's own field, it's good stuff.

Same with Big Bang Theory.

I love rewatching Newsradio because there are so many eps I missed out on when it was on TV and so many jokes I didn't catch because I was such a kid. The characters are just so suberb - I have new-found appreciation for Mr James (who I thought was brilliant before but the more I rewatch, the more I love the character) and Beth who I remember being mildly amusing but who actually has some great stuff now that I think about it. Also the guest appearances are beyond awesome. Jon Stewart, David Cross, John Ritter... Truckloads of greatness.

Okay, why is NewsRadio's Wikiquote page so empty and not full of like, 70% of every script available?

Also, llamas, I think VLC playing any region code is a myth - at least on my laptop it just doesn't work like that. I do however own a RegionKiller program so I can play my few Region1/3 DVD's. I just don't like getting non-Region0/2 DVD's because that means I can only watch them on my laptop.

wheelchairman
11-13-2008, 06:57 AM

I use AnyDVD on my laptop, I've used it for about 3 years now and it still works. And my laptop is the shittiest of ancient acer laptops.

i just got my friend adam into newsradio.

also, i heard this morning that the AD movie is go. i wonder how that will turn out...

Did he say that Newsradio sucks? Did you then break his arm and could I then guess that Newsradio is his favorite comedy now?

Llamas
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
But you're French, so there.

No, seriously, HIMYM has slid to just being a solid good sitcom from being an excellent sitcom but spend 4 hours watching the other sitcoms on TV and tell me that shit isn't marvelous. Within it's own field, it's good stuff.

Same with Big Bang Theory.
That's basically what I think. The first two seasons were just excellent; now it's just solid. And god, yes... 90% of sitcoms out there are such utter shit nobody should ever be exposed to.

Is Big Bang Theory the one with the nerdy dudes? If so, I saw one episode and quite enjoyed it.

Also, llamas, I think VLC playing any region code is a myth - at least on my laptop it just doesn't work like that. I do however own a RegionKiller program so I can play my few Region1/3 DVD's. I just don't like getting non-Region0/2 DVD's because that means I can only watch them on my laptop.
Huh. It worked for me when I watched European DVDs (region 2?) on my laptop, which is set for region 1.

Vera
11-14-2008, 02:21 AM
I think it may be because you can have the DVD drive region-coded or the computer region-coded.. I guess if the drive itself is not region-coded, it's easier to bypass. Though I'm not sure. I stopped using VLC because it began fucking up left and right on my computer.

And yep Big Bang Theory is the one with the nerds. It's pretty consistent, though only one season old..

I just finished S4 of NewsRadio. :[ I might wait until S5 gets fully uploaded, then watch the last ep as I don't remember how it ends..

SPOILERS LULZ

Or just who ends up moving to New Hampshire & whether Lisa & Dave end up together.

END SPOILERS LULZ

Llamas
11-14-2008, 02:49 AM
I think it may be because you can have the DVD drive region-coded or the computer region-coded.. I guess if the drive itself is not region-coded, it's easier to bypass. Though I'm not sure. I stopped using VLC because it began fucking up left and right on my computer.

And yep Big Bang Theory is the one with the nerds. It's pretty consistent, though only one season old..

I guess I'm not the best source about regions and coding... oh well. Regions are stupid.

Yeah I saw an episode of that show where their neighbor, this blonde chick, locked herself out of her apt and the one guy introduced her to WoW. It was hilarious.