PDA

View Full Version : If someone makes fun of you...

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 05:05 AM
How do you respond?

MrJoe
02-10-2008, 05:19 AM
It depends on what they've said, and how harsh it is.

If its in a jokey way, then just laugh about it and say something sarcastic back, whether I know them or not.

Its its said meaningfully and they're meant to be a friend, then I'll ask them why.

If its something thats bang out of order, whether or not I know them, then it will depend on how I feel at the time; probably either bite my lip and be the bigger person and ignore it, or, if it dug deep, wallop them in the face.

But I rarely ever resort to violence, it doesn't solve a lot and doesn't make you feel better for long.

Iamstupid
02-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Well, like Mr Joe, my reaction depends of who called me names.

Generally, people laugh at me because I'm short.

When it's a friend who mocks me, no problem I laugh easily with him/her because (s)he dossn't wanna be rude or whatever. But I have to confess that sometimes it hurts me a bit.

When it's from some unknown guys who feel like they're so cool because they're tall and all who starts laughing at me, well I shut the fuck up. I'm used to jocks now. But it still hurts my feelings.

I wish I was tall because I could have the choice between ignoring the insult and hitting the guy in the face, but I've got no choice :( bloody me.

What about you Wolfbutter, you ask the question but don't answer it yourself...How do you respond to a guy making fun of you ?

wheelchairman
02-10-2008, 06:47 AM
I can't remember the last time I was made fun of. I guess people my age (lol 21) just take the piss out of each other.

T-6005
02-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I'd kill them.

SaiKYoU
02-10-2008, 07:37 AM
i make fun of her/him... i usually overplay people in that field...

batfish
02-10-2008, 10:12 AM
It doesn't happen to me much any more; like most people I laugh it off if it's from a friend. If it's a stranger I stay quiet or make a rude gesture if I'm out of hitting distance. And then later of course I think about all the cutting retorts I could have made...

BREAK
02-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Cry/cute vains.

Harnum
02-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I could just care less. I get called a lot of stuff. Just doesn't bother me in the least..

Drafan
02-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Payback is a motherfucker! When they mean it bad, make them cry!

mrconeman
02-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I usually ignore it. But there are some scum in the world where you just have to give them an earful.

0r4ng3
02-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I break their arm and you might say The Offspring is their new favorite band.

ad8
02-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Daddy called me a silly bore
Bet he won‘t say that any more
Because the way his body’s severed in two
His vocal chords are gonna be hard to use :D
That's what I'd like to do in ~80% of those situations, but then I think better of it and just let go cause those people are stupid.
I guess just ignoring them rather makes them think about what they're doing than beating them up.

mrconeman
02-10-2008, 11:43 AM
This, shortly followed by you're signature = me going ololololollo

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd kill them.

Are you serious?

lolololo c wat i did?

Llamas
02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Whether or not someone is serious, and regardless of who they are, usually my reaction is the same. I say something silly and sarcastic back. It usually throws them off-guard and the insult doesn't really seem to have had any impact anymore. At my previous job working at Perkins, the servers used to make fun of me for not being able to carry the big trays, I always had to carry the small ones because I just never learned to carry the big ones. I'd just reply back with something silly and dumb. Insults don't really get to me usually.

Jakebert
02-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I yell things like "MAYBE IF YOU CUM HE'LL BUY YOU A NEW CAR". That sure makes preps cry.

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't remember the last time I was made fun of. I guess people my age (lol 21) just take the piss out of each other.

Well, usually most adults are too mature to make fun of others, and look past the faults. I'm mainly talking about high school and middle school and stuff. Even high school is a bit too old to be making fun of others, wouldn't you agree.

I'd kill them.

Contribute or don't post at all, please.

i make fun of her/him... i usually overplay people in that field...

I agree that retorting is probably the best thing you can do. You should insult them badly, like something they are insecure about, so they won't do it back. Like, their appearance etc.

It doesn't happen to me much any more; like most people I laugh it off if it's from a friend. If it's a stranger I stay quiet or make a rude gesture if I'm out of hitting distance. And then later of course I think about all the cutting retorts I could have made...

I hate when I start thinking about everything I could have done. It just makes it worse, and it just shows how damaging making fun of others can be.

Cry/cute vains.

I could just care less. I get called a lot of stuff. Just doesn't bother me in the least..

It's almost impossible for me not to care at all. It always stays in my mind for a while and makes me feel really bad. I feel there is a better alternative.

Payback is a motherfucker! When they mean it bad, make them cry!

I usually ignore it. But there are some scum in the world where you just have to give them an earful.

I totally agree, but I think if anyone makes fun of you seriously, you should let them have it, so they never do it again.

Daddy called me a silly bore
Bet he won‘t say that any more
Because the way his body’s severed in two
His vocal chords are gonna be hard to use :D
That's what I'd like to do in ~80% of those situations, but then I think better of it and just let go cause those people are stupid.
I guess just ignoring them rather makes them think about what they're doing than beating them up.

I disagree, if the person makes fun of you there's a good chance they won't feel guilty. I think they'd feel worse if you threw them back a worse insult.

This, shortly followed by you're signature = me going ololololollo

Stop promoting the non-contributors, please.

Are you serious?

lolololo c wat i did?

Stop promoting the non-contributors, please.

Whether or not someone is serious, and regardless of who they are, usually my reaction is the same. I say something silly and sarcastic back. It usually throws them off-guard and the insult doesn't really seem to have had any impact anymore. At my previous job working at Perkins, the servers used to make fun of me for not being able to carry the big trays, I always had to carry the small ones because I just never learned to carry the big ones. I'd just reply back with something silly and dumb. Insults don't really get to me usually.

Can you give me an example of something you could say? If I try that people just call me stupid or faggot or something.

I yell things like "MAYBE IF YOU CUM HE'LL BUY YOU A NEW CAR". That sure makes preps cry.

MrJoe and Iamstupid, thank you for your responses, but they are good so I don't have much to add.

Revolver-2005?
02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm short.

Haha.

I tend to just ignore it when people make fun of me, no reason to get angry or upset.

Not Ozymandias
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I stop posting for a year and wonder what this "clitoris" thing is that everyone mocks me over.

Jakebert
02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Wolfbutter and Tomboy should hook up. I'm noticing some similarities.

Rag Doll
02-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I stop posting for a year and wonder what this "clitoris" thing is that everyone mocks me over.

hilarious. <3

And uhhh...generally, i'm quicker than people that try to rip on me (which is more what it is at 21)...so i come back with something way better than what they said very fast. and it works well to keep them quiet.

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
How bad are the insults you give back? Like "haha you have buck teeth" and "haha your father is dead" bad? Or not as bad?

T-6005
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
How bad are the insults you give back? Like "haha you have buck teeth" and "haha your father is dead" bad? Or not as bad?
Probably better.

Conspiracyof1000
02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
If one of my friends insults me I just call them something equally rude, since we're friends and nobody really cares what we call each other. When somebody outside of the social circle starts insulting me I try to think of something witty to catch them off guard and make them think.
It usually involves their mom. :D

Rag Doll
02-10-2008, 03:24 PM

uhhh those are ridiculous and just scream "twelve years old!" (especially in an irl situation). i'd never say them.

what i say depends on the situation/person. but...uh..i'm good at it. =\

0r4ng3
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Wait, how is having buck teeth as bad as having a dead father?

Jakebert
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
"Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called...and they're running out of you!"

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 03:29 PM
what would classify something as excepptable?

Endymion
02-10-2008, 03:29 PM

ultimate answer. thread over.

Rag Doll
02-10-2008, 03:31 PM

omg so full of win. my friend and i used to say this to each other at work all the time.

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Please someone i need help

Endymion
02-10-2008, 03:55 PM
someone teasing you at school? the solution, as always, is to watch this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_%28Seinfeld_episode%29) episode of seinfeld and consider yourself educated.

Jakebert
02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
George flies to Akron, Ohio, sets up a meeting

Whoa, I never noticed that was supposed to be set in Akron. I'm glad "jerk store" went down in my place of residence.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
MrJoe and Iamstupid, thank you for your responses, but they are good so I don't have much to add.

wheelchairman
02-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds like your problem is confidence Wolfbutter. They're feeding off of your lack of it, and no response you can give will help. You gotta find confidence somehow.

Good luck.

Jakebert
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help videos as "Smoke Yourself Thin, and Get Confident, Stupid!"

It's a well-established fact that 90% of my material is stolen from either the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Futurama, or Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Wolfbutter
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Did you not see the rest of that huge post? :rolleyes: But seriously, I wanted help and suggestions, not jokes.

wheelchairman, I think I do have confidence. I don't see how others would stop just because of that.

coke_a_holic
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Wolfbutter, it's a serious problem, I know.

Just remember, while they're laughing at you because you're different, you can laugh at them because they're all the same.

ninthlayer
02-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Only faggots get "made fun of".

Endymion
02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
It's a well-established fact that 90% of my material is stolen from either the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Futurama, or Mystery Science Theater 3000.

you should add newsradio to the list, bro.

T-6005
02-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, Wolfbutter. You just don't seem very exceptional or able to defend yourself adequately, and that makes you an easy target.

You're also kind of a snob and probably seriously believe that you're smarter than everyone around you.

Basically, that combination makes you someone I don't want to know, but would love to make fun of. I'm sure everyone else you know thinks so too.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you not see the rest of that huge post? :rolleyes:

I did. But you're being very hypocritical. Also, you need to understand that you can't control everything or every situation, whether it's people making fun of you or posts in a thread on a public forum. Once you make a thread, you don't control the responses.

Generally, I think you need to be better at coping with things. Understand that people making fun of you doesn't necessarily mean anything bad about you. Accept that they're doing it, then try to figure something out. I personally do not think that some random strangers on a message board can truly help as far as responses go.

Sunny
02-11-2008, 07:46 AM

yes.

Cry/cute vains.

also yes.

Basically, that combination makes you someone I don't want to know, but would love to make fun of. I'm sure everyone else you know thinks so too.

yes x 50698.

wolfbutter, it might be helpful if you removed that gigantic stick that appears to be lodged firmly up your ass. if your behavior in this thread is in any way indicative of the way you are IRL, then shit, i'm amazed you don't get your ass whooped regularly. or maybe you do. who knows!

and in response to the original question, i don't know. i don't really get made fun of much, i suppose... at least not in a way that would warrant a serious response. like if someone rips on me, i'll usually be like U DONT KNOW ME/UR NOT THE BOSS OF ME (works rather well when it IS my boss making fun of me.. which is... often). or i pretend to actually be really upset until they're like "omg are you ok" and then i'm like "lol@u".

and if some poor misguided soul actually tries to make fun of me in a mean-spirited way, they get their ass handed to them on a silver fucking platter. =)

Splinter[PI]
02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
in a jokey way: laugh

in a not so jokey way: "I like you too!"

iPunk247
02-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah my family/friends makes fun of me and stuff. I used to get so mad at them for it ya know for picking on me but now I couldn't careless. I even makes fun of myself and humiliate/embarrass myself infront of randoms LOL. People that I don't know makes fun of my apperance and I just laugh at them.