PDA

View Full Version : Tesco in the US huh?

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm getting major deja vu from making this thread, so if I'd made it before, soz!

Anyways, so our Tesco's started a Brit Invasion of the US an according to the good people (lulz) of America (Inc Sunny), it's a loada shite basically.
So let us all compare what we feel think of the great Tesco an their Value beans!

Sunny
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
nah, i've only had Tesco in Europe, but here's the scary part:

"Tesco PLC today announces that it intends to enter the United States through the development of a new convenience format, beginning on the West Coast in 2007."

oh nos!

but seriously, USians, Tesco is the worst of the worst. especially their generic brand. their orange juice tastes like cleaning products. their soap will strip your skin off. i shudder at the thought of what their milk must be like, but i've never had the courage to try it.

be very afraid, West Coast!

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
nah, i've only had Tesco in Europe, but here's the scary part:

"Tesco PLC today announces that it intends to enter the United States through the development of a new convenience format, beginning on the West Coast in 2007."

oh nos!

but seriously, USians, Tesco is the worst of the worst. especially their generic brand. their orange juice tastes like cleaning products. their soap will strip your skin off. i shudder at the thought of what their milk must be like, but i've never had the courage to try it.

be very afraid, West Coast!

Their milk's fine, but only cause it's the local farms that do that an all Tesco do is put their name on an sell it on. But their branded food isn;t that nice. The only think of theirs I like is the Tesco Value meatballs an thats just cause it's a dead cheap snack an takes 60secs to make.

Jack-UK
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Tesco are bare cheap.

Dont buy their value crap though. Tastes like shite.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Tesco are bare cheap.

Dont buy their value crap though. Tastes like shite.

They ain't that cheap! Now Farmfoods, they're bare cheap mate.

Sunny
02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
do you guys have Whole Foods in the UK? i could swear they've expanded overseas but i'm not quite sure.

Linda
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29090&highlight=Tesco

Sunny
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
oh right!! i can't believe we've already had this discussion. lol.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Thought I had some sort of Deja Vu!

Jack-UK
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
They ain't that cheap! Now Farmfoods, they're bare cheap mate.
1.99 for a whole chicken, get in! :cool:

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 12:50 PM

I bet you hang around outside with bare youts and play Drum n bass loud on your phone. Amirite?

Jack-UK
02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I bet you hang around outside with bare youts and play Drum n bass loud on your phone. Amirite?
Nah, im just skint ;)

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Nah, im just skint ;)

Llow the skint card, I'm always brassic so go Farmfoods instead. 4 Cheesebugers for 99p? Yusplz!

batfish
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I quite like Tesco products. The "value" product range of any supermarket is pretty bad,but Tesco's regular products are OK, and cheaper than most supermarkets'. Though I try and shop at independent stores when I can.

nameless
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
ive never really had a problem with their own brands! i do remember the uproar about the 1.99 chicken last week as well!

Sunny
02-13-2008, 07:30 AM

dude, that's just not right. ;x

mrconeman
02-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Tesco had these Tesco brand chocolate biscuits. I haven't seen them in years, but Jesus Christ they made amazing stoner munch.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-14-2008, 02:49 AM
I actually don't mind Tesco's own at all. I'll say this, it's a damn sight better than Morrison's and Asda's - I know of this 'cos both are closer to me than a Tesco. It really says something when you're out to buy some biscuits, and you'll pass -two- supermarkets to go to a fuppin' Tesco.