PDA

View Full Version : A budding Offspring fan

jimboe887
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey all. I've been checking this site out for a few days and it seems pretty cool so I figured I'd check out the board. I'm kind of a fan of The Offspring, and I say kind of because I only know their singles and currently own none of their ablums. That will soon be chaging though. I'm planning on getting 'Smash', 'Ixnay...', and 'Splinter' before the week is out.

I think that there aren't to many good mainstream bands out, but from what I know of The Offspring, they are one of the best bands out now. I know that's not really saying much. Anyway, I would say that my favorite songs by The Offspring are 'The Kids Aren't All Right', 'Gotta Get Away', 'Self Esteem', and 'Bad Habbit'.

I'm guessing that most people on hear are fans of The Offspring, so besides The Offspring what other bands do you like? Some other bands that I like are Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, I'm a hardcore Beatles fan, and I'm liking The Killers right now.

killboypwrheadjx
01-05-2005, 04:41 PM
its cool people are actually getting into the offspring again. and good song choices...u didnt pick bullshit songs like some ignorant americana-bandwagon idiots on this forum. ignition and smash rule, and theres nothing better.

u sound like ur into more mainstream stuff. i also like nirvana a lot. plus alice in chains, the vandals, and older green day. but i really really like reagan youth which was an underground hardcore band in the 80's. i try to turn as many people onto them as i can. EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT REAGAN YOUTH!

Tijs
01-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Check out Ixnay on the Hombre, that's a really great album. And you'd be surprised how many people on here don't even listen to the Offspring anymore.

Tired_Of_You
01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
First, I'd like to say welcome. It's always nice to see new Offspring fans.

I agree with Tijs for Ixnay. This album is really good, one of their best.

Besides The Offspring, I like Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Husker Du, A Perfect Circle, Ramones, The Damned, Social Distortion, The Cranberries, Nirvana etc...

leo3375
01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Greetings, salutations, welcome, blahdie, blah, blah…

Anyways, "Ixnay" is a very good album. I highly recommend it. I also recommend "Ignition."

As for my choice of music, I'm into Social D, Bad Religion, AFI, NIN, the Vandals, Tiger Army, and Dropkick Murphys, just to name a few.

killboypwrheadjx
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Greetings, salutations, welcome, blahdie, blah, blah…

Anyways, "Ixnay" is a very good album. I highly recommend it. I also recommend "Ignition."

As for my choice of music, I'm into Social D, Bad Religion, AFI, NIN, the Vandals, Tiger Army, and Dropkick Murphys, just to name a few.
NIN rules!

Floyd the Barber
01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Ignition is their best record, in my opinion. You should definitely pick that one up. All of their CDs are good, actually...I think Smash and Ignition are your best bets.

Other bands I like: Alice in Chains, Audioslave, Beastie Boys, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Live, Metallica, Nirvana, Pantera, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Velvet Revolver, etc.

killboypwrheadjx
01-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Ignition is their best record, in my opinion. You should definitely pick that one up. All of their CDs are good, actually...I think Smash and Ignition are your best bets.

Other bands I like: Alice in Chains, Audioslave, Beastie Boys, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Live, Metallica, Nirvana, Pantera, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Velvet Revolver, etc.
ur cool....but why do u have the splinter cover for ur avatar? that album sucks.

jimboe887
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
u sound like ur into more mainstream stuff.

Yeah, I guess I am. I don't really look for music. I just scan the radio and try to find decent stuff to listen to. That's pretty difficult.

Unnatural Disaster
01-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Welcome!

You should check out the CDs: Smash, Ignition, Ixnay On The Hombre, and Americana. I think that those are the best.

Other bands that I like are Green day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, and Red Hot Chili Peppers

jimboe887
01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Other bands that I like are Green day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, and Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are a great band. I'm surprised I left them off of my very short list of favorite bands. The Foo Fighters are pretty good as well.

Skate Rat 19
01-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Yep, u came to the right band my friend. And yes the albums u mentioned are the offsprings best in my opinion.(why does everyone hate splinter so much, the only bad things are the cd extra and the short length and when ur in prison). But I would be arrogent to say only the offspring are good. So heres some other good bands to check out. Chevelle, Bad religion, Sum 41, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Weird Al Yankovic, Coheed and Cambria, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix( yes i have his greatest hits), Whoever made 'Welcome To The Jungle' and for all u trolls out there Linkin Park. sry if i 4got any other good ones.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
01-06-2005, 06:16 AM
ur cool....but why do u have the splinter cover for ur avatar? that album sucks.
hey, hey, hey that album not sucks is just a different album all songs are really cool i like this disc is not the best but not sucks, songs like The Noose, Spearme The Details, Da Hui, Race Against Myself, Never Gonna Find Me , Canīt Get My Head Around You, Lighting Road, Long Way Home are really amazing songs and the Lyrics of The Noose Really cool; Talking almost some politic about bush you know( i see that on the lyrics).
And i agree with tijs and tired_of_you ixnay definitelly is the best disc really good work from the offspring and i like S/T too...bye

Talman
01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
its cool people are actually getting into the offspring again. and good song choices...u didnt pick bullshit songs like some ignorant americana-bandwagon idiots on this forum. ignition and smash rule, and theres nothing better.

u sound like ur into more mainstream stuff. i also like nirvana a lot. plus alice in chains, the vandals, and older green day. but i really really like reagan youth which was an underground hardcore band in the 80's. i try to turn as many people onto them as i can. EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT REAGAN YOUTH!

One of my friends has some reagan use vinyls. They're a decent band, but i'm not into the old hardcore stuff much.
________
THE VAPOR GENIE (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Offspring_01
01-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the site. Ixnay is a great album, definetly get it. Also while your there, get every other Offspring album because they all kick major ass. Splinter does not suck. Seriously, get them all.

I like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Green Day, Sum 41, Metallica, Social Distortion, Ramones, The Clash, Red Hot Chili Peppers, NOFX, and others.

Noodles is gay
01-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm a hardcore Beatles fan, and I'm liking The Killers right now.

Yes welcome - use correct english and grammar and we'll get along fine; you've done a good job so far so keep it up! :D

The beatles are amazing! Also like the smiths, joy division, david bowie, pixies, manics, mansun, clash, sex pistols and franz ferdinand. :cool:

Floyd the Barber
01-06-2005, 01:39 PM

I disagree. I think it's a great album.

thenoose15
01-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey I am new to the site 2. I just signed up.
I havent found any of the offsrpings cds remotly near bad, not to many of their songs r anywhere near bad 2. I like splinter,co1, ixnay,americana, jsut to name a few

I like greenday, the living end, MxPx, and acctually just a few other punk underground bands.

GBH2
01-06-2005, 02:35 PM
to jimboe887:
everyone keeps recommending that you buy all their cds. but you should just download them off the internet or some file sharing program. that's what i did, and it's free.

killboypwrheadjx
01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
hey, hey, hey that album not sucks is just a different album all songs are really cool i like this disc is not the best but not sucks, songs like The Noose, Spearme The Details, Da Hui, Race Against Myself, Never Gonna Find Me , Canīt Get My Head Around You, Lighting Road, Long Way Home are really amazing songs and the Lyrics of The Noose Really cool; Talking almost some politic about bush you know( i see that on the lyrics).
And i agree with tijs and tired_of_you ixnay definitelly is the best disc really good work from the offspring and i like S/T too...bye
spare me the details alone makes that album worth buying. but i hate everything else on it. the noose is kinda catchy but is really cheesy...u cant deny that.

vintagepunkrock7
01-06-2005, 11:21 PM
welcome to the new people, and yay, a new fan. i am a fairly new fan myself. i had always known about the offspring from the radio but didnt really get into them until i went to see them back in may04. after that it didnt take me long to get all of their albums and them some and just this past christmas i made an offspring fan out of my little brother after i bought him smash. i think that was one of the funnest things i have ever done lol. it was something i knew he had never heard b4 and i cant really explain it, it was just exciting for me to have him listen to it and like it cuz i like the offspring so much and he is my little brother so he looks up to me. im at an age where im finally realizing the influence i have on him and its neat to have that because he thinks its so cool when i give him something so he gives it a chance and now he wants more offspring, so yay.

dirtybird
01-06-2005, 11:44 PM
my sister (who's 10) likes the newer, fake kind of punk like good charlotte and also country music and could care less about the offspring.. it's awful..

thenoose15
01-07-2005, 03:42 AM
dirtybird, ur story makes me sad. u could always just switch one of the cd's, not the case, so she will accidentally listen to it and be hooked, it worked with my brother and he switched from like rap i guess, not quite sure what he listened 2 before. so try it

dirtybird
01-07-2005, 11:00 PM
but i think she would notice that keith uban's not on the cd besides the fact they sound nothing alike.. worth a shot i guess..

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:21 PM
jut wanted to say hi, cool forum, Kevin told me about this site, he's right it is cool.

dirtybird
01-07-2005, 11:22 PM
ok....????

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:24 PM
ok....????
as in Noodles.

dirtybird
01-07-2005, 11:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

wait.. that wasn't funny

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:32 PM
so what is you're faverote albums of Offspring?

dirtybird
01-07-2005, 11:34 PM
all of them.. but you might want to start posting in a thread that contains that topic.

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
sorry, I a newb

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:37 PM
how many listen to The Offspring on XM on channels like Fubgus 53 or Squizz plays Offspring.

dirtybird
01-07-2005, 11:38 PM
how bout considering the fact that not everyone (practically no one probably) gets those stations?

XM DUDE
01-07-2005, 11:39 PM
it's on XM satellite radio

vintagepunkrock7
01-08-2005, 08:32 PM
my sister (who's 10) likes the newer, fake kind of punk like good charlotte and also country music and could care less about the offspring.. it's awful..

My brother (he's 15) likes all that new stuff too, thats why i was so excited that i got him hooked on some older (and in my opinion better lol) stuff. it would be great if he liked some bands even older than the offspring. theres always a way to find out lol.