PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from Surgery.

Sidewinder
02-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I had sinus surgery yesterday. Fairly serious, but routine. Basically, being a seventeen year old, I'm recovering quickly.

To a degree.

I'm still bleeding out of my nose (I swear I'll never get all this junk out). I'm still swollen. I'm still fairly low on energy. So on and so forth. But the main thing is, I can't stay sitting up for too long, or the blood increases. So I need movie recommendations.

Normally, I'd just ask for whatever's awesome. But, I can only watch for so long without getting a headache, so I need fairly short suggestions (max ~1.5 hours?). I rented four, and have exhausted them all since last night. The four were King Arthur, S.W.A.T., Harold and Kumar, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. S.W.A.T. was probably the best. So recommend me some more, please, or any other ideas for amusing myself while I drain the blood-ocean that is my nose.

Endymion
02-16-2008, 09:27 PM
brick
ghost world
12 monkeys

and on the tv side of things:
newsradio, seasons 3 & 4
strangers with candy, all seasons
dexter, season 1

Denial, Revisited
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Ohhh 12 Monkeys is good :D hehe

King Kong
Troy
Fight Club
Clerks 2

I hope you feel better soon :( xxx

Nicole
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Short things are TV on DVD, I enjoy them way more than movies because I have such a short attention span and it increases the re-watch value.

Sorry you had to have sinus surgery, I hear that's really nasty stuff. Did you try that saline solution wash before you went under? I heard that's being hailed the miracle cure for allergy issues and sinus infections.

Rag Doll
02-16-2008, 10:28 PM
i had that when i was 16. along with a billion other things. feel better!

cant think of movie recs at the moment though....sorry =\

Faded_Ghost
02-17-2008, 05:33 AM
jet li's "hero"

Fight club
high fedelity
Pick of destiny
Oh and wishing ya a speedy recovery!

Sidewinder
02-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Sorry you had to have sinus surgery, I hear that's really nasty stuff. Did you try that saline solution wash before you went under? I heard that's being hailed the miracle cure for allergy issues and sinus infections.
I've been doing saline stuff for years. It's not a terribly new thing.

killer_queen
02-17-2008, 07:26 AM
I saw Secretary a couple days ago and thought it was pretty entertaining. I don't know what kind of things you like but independent films are always good. Try it.

And I hope you get well soon. I've never had a surgery before but I'm pretty sure that it is horrible.

Sidewinder
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all the warm sentiments, but I really am in what the doctors would call a miraculous recovery. I haven't had pain since a few hours after leaving the place.

Cock Joke
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
All seasons of The Man Show! you won't get bored until you've seen each episode about 25 times! Trust me, I know.

-Sheree-
02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Fight Club sounds like a bit of a good idea...

I don't have many recommendations but feel better soon =]. xo

Jakebert
02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Just lie back and listen to some R.E.M. I did that a lot when I dislocated my knee cap and was basically stuck inside for a month.

sKratch
02-17-2008, 01:26 PM
soul plane
(http://imdb.com/title/tt0367085/)

Dead Kennedy
02-17-2008, 01:55 PM
the gods must be crazy

great movie...gotta watch

Sidewinder
02-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Just lie back and listen to some R.E.M. I did that a lot when I dislocated my knee cap and was basically stuck inside for a month.

The thing is, I feel like I have tons of energy. I did that for the first day, though.

WebDudette
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarter

A documentary about a science teacher trying to beat the world record for Donkey Kong, its surprisingly good.

Little Miss Sunshine

Awesome movie, if you've seen it watch it again.

The Venture Brothers: Season 1

Best animated show ever.

Hmm... I'm having trouble thinking of short movies.

I also second Endymion's recommendation of Brick.

Sidewinder
02-17-2008, 08:24 PM
What's Brick, then?

Endymion
02-17-2008, 09:07 PM
What's Brick, then?

Brendan Frye, a student of an unnamed high school in California, stares silently at the body of ex-girlfriend Emily lying in a ravine. Days earlier Brendan, in the know of the intricacies of the "upper crust" of druggie socialites but choosing to live outside them, receives a terrified phone call from Emily who tearfully tells him that she "didn't know that the brick was bad" and that "the Pin's on it now," imploring him to help her. Brendan manages to find her, only to face her plea for him to leave her alone.

After her death, Brendan takes it upon himself to avenge her, enlisting the aid of fellow loner The Brain to track information, while feigning to be an inside man for his assistant vice-principal. His intrusion into the tightly knit circle of high school cliques brings him into the lives of several people, including sophisticate Laura, prolifically violent Tug, stoner Dode, seductive play actress Kara, jock Brad, and drug baron The Pin. The Pin is pivotal in Brendan's pursuit of the truth about Emily's fate.

/wiki

Jebus
02-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Season 1 of Dexter and Venture Bros for sure. Should keep you entertained long enough for your recovery.

Sidewinder
02-18-2008, 06:59 AM
If I can find it, I will. Otherwise I've got a few movies now.