PDA

View Full Version : System of a down

Disa
02-17-2008, 03:27 AM
So, is here any other SOAD fans?

Decidet to make thread for this band too, even thoug they are taking a break, cause i didnīt find anything.

Yeeh, Serj is coming to Finland this summer!

holland25
02-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Yes, there are some... p.e. ME :D

Dead Kennedy
02-17-2008, 03:58 AM
soad rocks

Llamas
02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm shocked you didn't find any threads about soad... http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1192406

Anyway, I'm a longtime fan. Their first album remains my favorite, followed by Steal This Album!, then Toxicity, then Mezmerize, then Hypnotize. Not a fan of Daron on lead vocals, or how in their old videos, they'd zoom to him all the time trying to look crazy and insane. He's always been annoying.

I'm a fan of Serj's solo album. It doesn't sound anything like SOAD to me, besides the fact that it's his voice, and I'm so glad about that. I like his solo album more than the last couple SOAD albums. Looking forward to more solo work.

DirtyYeso
02-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm just familiar with their first album and the singles of the others. I've been recommended Toxicity more than once though. Their first is pretty good.

holland25
02-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, my all time favourite was and still is Toxicity. I like all others, especially some B-sides. The demos suck, but I like them in general too. Serj's solo album is different from SOAD, but still listenable. And yeah, I hate Daron on vocals too...

Cock Joke
02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I am a casual fan of these people. Personally, I think they are only good in small doses because the front man's voice is kind of annoying. Also, the lyrics are just fuckin' odd, to say the least. I would never listen to more than maybe 10 mins. worth of SOAD but one song at a time, they are good.

JohnnyNemesis
02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought I was the only one who liked SOAD's first album best! I've had it for almost ten years and still adore it.

Dead Kennedy
02-17-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah, daron got a wonderful voice,but when i listen to it,it doesn't sound like soad...i like toxicity and the first album,but others are good as well

holland25
02-17-2008, 03:17 PM
daron got a wonderful voice

...are you deaf?!...

Dead Kennedy
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
...are you deaf?!...

probably...

WebDudette
02-17-2008, 03:45 PM
System of a Down where my favorite band for a while. I have always liked the Self-Titled the most, followed by Toxicity, Steal This Album! then the others.

Now though, they just generally bore me.

Llamas
02-17-2008, 05:09 PM
A lot of people I know like the self titled the best. I've mentioned it several times on this board.

And Daron does have a great voice, but it's great for singing harmony, not for singing melody.

holland25
02-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Well, for harmony maybe, but hearing him screeching sometimes grinds my ears...

Smash punker
02-18-2008, 06:18 AM
SOAD arenīt one of my fovours but I respect them. Itīs great music especially at pub when drinking bears with friends:D

Disa
02-18-2008, 08:57 AM
I like Toxicity and Self titled most. STA got great song also, but itīs little...scattered. And the twins(Mezmerize and Hyupnotize) are only good, not great.
Serjs solo Elect the Dead is different compare to SOADs music, but like it also as a very good album.

Have you heard about Darons and Johns Scars on Broadway yet?

holland25
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I heard one song and it sucks as hell...

Disa
02-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I heard one song and it sucks as hell...

Are you sure that they were from SOB, cause in their homepage (http://www.scarsonbroadway.com/) they tell that there were "songs leaked onto YouTube labeled as "Scars on Broadway demos." wich were actually from some older project.

Llamas
02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I like Toxicity and Self titled most. STA got great song also, but itīs little...scattered.
Steal This Album! is a b-sides record. B-sides records are always scattered, because they're not songs that were meant to be in order, or from the same time period. You can't judge it like an LP.

Serjs solo Elect the Dead is different compare to SOADs music, but like it also as a very good album.
You seem to imply that Serj's solo album being different from SOAD music is a bad thing. I would've been very disappointed if it wasn't very different.

Have you heard about Darons and Johns Scars on Broadway yet?
No, I have not. Is that a new band they're in?

Satanic_Surfer
02-29-2008, 03:15 AM
I might not have much to add in this conversation since i hardly know anything about SOAD, but i didnt discover them until recently and i found out that damn... these guys actually have a message! =O

It's not often you hear such political messages in commercial popmusic nowadays, i thought it was nice to hear and i downloaded a bunch of their songs and i have to admit... im actually quite happy that i did so!

So well... two thumbs up for SOAD! =)

Minnie Moskowitz
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I think Hypnotize,Mezmerize and Toxicity were the best albums...though there aren't any recent releases, there are some people that still want to see some good work again.
I'm not a huuge fan,but the sound is good and some lyrics as well.

Disa
03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
You seem to imply that Serj's solo album being different from SOAD music is a bad thing. I would've been very disappointed if it wasn't very different.

No, thats not how i ment it. I just mention, that it is different, and thats about it. For me, something (Or someone) being different doesnt mean it to be bad or foul. Nine times at ten it´s only good thing.

Individualism rocks!

iPunk247
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I think Hypnotize,Mezmerize and Toxicity were the best albums...though there aren't any recent releases, there are some people that still want to see some good work again.
I'm not a huuge fan,but the sound is good and some lyrics as well.

Amen. 100% indeed. Yikes. I am a fan of SOAD! :D :cool: :D :cool: muahaha!!