PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles

Nina
02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Soooo who lives in LA and who can give me awesome tips on what to do there when you have 48h? I heard the weather can be shitty in march? I appriciate every help I can get!

wheelchairman
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Everyone knows that everything cool about LA is outside of LA.

Nina
02-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, I wouldnt know :P
I think the Info I have and stuff you can find on the internet is hella boring and most likely not so accurate. I hope I can find some nice insider tips here.

Llamas
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I've three friends living in LA, I can ask them if they have any suggestions... I've never been, so I've got nothing myself. :)

Nina
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
That would be really awesome! I cant get drunk though, I already did that somewhere else and ended up wasting my entire time in the bathroom :(

Linda
02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
LA sucks and is not safe for an innocent, beautiful girl like you to wander around. You might end up finding some gang bangers to play with. You're better off staying at the airport. :-)

HornyPope
02-19-2008, 12:11 PM
L.A. is boring. Everything else is outside like Per says and you have to have a car to get around. I don't know any specific places though.

Llamas
02-19-2008, 04:39 PM
That would be really awesome! I cant get drunk though, I already did that somewhere else and ended up wasting my entire time in the bathroom :(

Alright, one of my friends got back to me with this:

Ooh, fun! Do you know what day of the week she's gonna be here? If it's a Tuesday there's a club called the Knitting Factory right by the Chinese Theater in Hollywood that has a $5 show that features local reggae bands, and that's pretty cool. There's a good restaurant on the southern side of LA proper that's called Phillippe's that has the most wonderful french dip sandwiches and super hot mustard ever (and is really reasonable: dinner, drink and dessert for around $10). ...and then of course there's Disneyland. :-) I'll ask around to see if there's anywhere else she should consider!

---

She works at Disneyland, hence the plug, haha. She might update me with more ideas, but I hope that at least helps a little bit. :)

Jakebert
02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I was hoping that this would be about the Frank Black song. :(

Endymion
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
ps: disneyland isn't in LA.

and nina, you should have been there a year ago when i still lived there! we could have done the whole bbs meetup thing! plus, i know places in LA.

calichix
02-19-2008, 07:08 PM
in hollywood you can go clubbin on santa monica boulevard it's so much fun. and go to the out of the closet on van ness you can get 5 inch stilettos for like $4. and go to dan's rockin sushi. and in studio city there's a 6 flags. and go to the garment district on wednesday, they sell bomb ass clothes for like nothing. and go roller skating and check out gross body builders on venice beach but don't go in the water or you'll grow another arm.

TBD
02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
we can go wait outside hollywood clubs with the paparazzi and celebrity watch

Nina
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Okay let's see....I'll be there on a Sat and Sun.

There's a good restaurant on the southern side of LA proper that's called Phillippe's that has the most wonderful french dip sandwiches and super hot mustard ever (and is really reasonable: dinner, drink and dessert for around $10)

Noted, thank you!

and nina, you should have been there a year ago when i still lived there! we could have done the whole bbs meetup thing! plus, i know places in LA.

That's lame :[
Tell me about them places <3

in hollywood you can go clubbin on santa monica boulevard it's so much fun. and go to the out of the closet on van ness you can get 5 inch stilettos for like $4. and go to dan's rockin sushi. and in studio city there's a 6 flags. and go to the garment district on wednesday, they sell bomb ass clothes for like nothing. and go roller skating and check out gross body builders on venice beach but don't go in the water or you'll grow another arm.

Yeess more shopping options plz.
I'll get Sushi in Asia, I want gross fatty food from the US, mmm.
So where can I generally go swimming? Would it be too far away?

we can go wait outside hollywood clubs with the paparazzi and celebrity watch

with a bag of cheetos and a coke, I'm in!

calichix
02-20-2008, 12:31 AM
yessssss and get elbowed in the face by paparazzi. last time I was dansouth britney spears was dancing at club I was at.

okay go to frederick's of hollywood, they have the greatest most hilarious naughty lingerie on the planet. and go to any charity shop in west hollywood cause everything is supercheap but everything is fancy or just in excellent taste. and super gay. or you could go to the barrio and buy a fake fendi. and don't go to hooters, it's not even worth the novelty.

Nina
02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
My gay bff works at Fendi and he'll beat the living shit out of me if I buy a fake anything by them, ahaha.

Charity Shop *takes notes*
I was looking for such places <3

No beach for a nice swim bb? :[

iPunk247
02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I was born and raised in Los Angeles as a little baby offspring but I so like vaguely remember not a goddamn thing though.

Linda
02-20-2008, 08:35 PM
How lucky for you!

iPunk247
02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
ME?! jeez...thanx:)lol

calichix
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
well there are beaches, but I'm too snooty about polluted water to go near them.

Nina
02-20-2008, 11:18 PM
too bad :[
thanks for the help, love! can't wait to go there.

TBD
02-20-2008, 11:20 PM
If you want the authentic LA experience I can show you how to be stuck in rush hour for 2 hours on a weekday morning.

Nina
02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
That would suck pretty much :E
Do you live in the city center? Sorry if that's a horribly stupid question...havent been to the US and I'm not sure how different it is to Europe :P

TBD
02-21-2008, 12:01 AM
No I live in a suburb but drive 32 miles to pretty much downtown every day.

Linda
02-21-2008, 06:37 AM
How sad for you.

TBD
02-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Still bitter about being a 50+ year old woman getting into arguments with 14 year olds on message boards back in 2000?

Sunny
02-21-2008, 08:03 AM
TBD, would you say LA is worth visiting? I might be going to Santa Barbara sometime this spring and I'm wondering if it's worth the drive. I kinda wanna see it, but it kinda sounds like a sprawling dump from hell, so...

BREAK
02-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I say go visit LA, by all means. It'll make you extra-happy to live in New York.

When are you going? Cause I might be in the area sometime in April...

Linda
02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Sunny, Santa Barbara is totally worth seeing. You should go see Solvang, too. In my opinion, LA is not worth seeing.

TBD, I just feel sorry for you having to work in downtown L.A. I sure wish you would get over your bitterness of older people tho. I thought you would have grown up by now. Oh,
and I didnt have internet back in 2000.

calichix
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
don't listen to any uh that booji-booji crap, magdalena. go to hollyweird it's so tacky and ridiculous and fun. get a manipedicombo and go to the west hollywood gay 80s nights and get hit on by b-list celebrities and check out muscle beach. it's all "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Hollywood is worth a visit. Universal Studios has a tour that I seem to remember enjoying.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Hollywood is worth a visit. Universal Studios has a tour that I seem to remember enjoying.

I coulda swore you was dead?!

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2008, 09:23 AM
You must have missed.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
You must have missed.

Pfffft I never miss!

Nina
03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Do normal, non-smelly people use the bussystem in LA?
I will stay in Torrance, I heard it takes 1h from there to get to LA.
SIGH.
Can I use the bus or would that be abnormal/weird/suicide?

Sunny
03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
don't listen to any uh that booji-booji crap, magdalena. go to hollyweird it's so tacky and ridiculous and fun. get a manipedicombo and go to the west hollywood gay 80s nights and get hit on by b-list celebrities and check out muscle beach. it's all "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."

a friend of mine just moved to west hollywood this saturday, that bitch. which means we have to go visit her sometime.
i've never been to the west coast, so... ha.

Endymion
03-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Do normal, non-smelly people use the bussystem in LA?
I will stay in Torrance, I heard it takes 1h from there to get to LA.
SIGH.
Can I use the bus or would that be abnormal/weird/suicide?

you're stuck in torrance? i guess you could go to a japanese market or something. and no, only crazy smelly people use the buses in LA. oh, and foreigners, so you're ok!

Nina
03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Are you sure? my life depends on it!
Okay, I guess that'll be my plan B. if I cant find anyone to drive me I'll use the bus......to LA....
bah.
Where is the market omg.

TBD
03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
LOL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN LA LOLOL.

endthiscris i s (7:32:41 PM): i wonder if she needs a driver enough to give blowjobs
hp is not gay (7:32:48 PM): possibily

Linda
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Are you sure if I cant find anyone to drive me I'll use the bus......to LA....

I would, but I don't do LA.

Nina
03-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Err. It's very possible that my colleages will rent cars. This is just my plan B.
But it's ok folks, I checked everything, I can easily take the bus, or spend my time in Del Amo Fashion Center, mwhaha.

Mota Boy
03-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Trusting the public transportation system in Los Angeles? Oh man, just make sure not to go into Simon Phoenix's territory.

Linda
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Hell, the way the police have been shooting up people in the South Bay area, I wouldn't even trust to be there. I hope you have a nice time here, Nina.
Seriously. Sorry I won't get to see you.

iPunk247
03-20-2008, 08:10 PM
its been like since forever that my lazyass has not revisited Los Angeles *sighs*

TBD
03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
LA is hell.

Jebus
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Fuck you guys. I take the bus almost every day. It's not THAT bad.

Okay, maybe I've had my fair share of conversations with schizophrenic hobos that decide to sit next me, but but...uhh...I got nothing. It's hell.

Actually, it really depends on the area. It's not terrible if you're gonna be riding around the nice areas.

WebDudette
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Buses make for the most entertaining form of transportation.

Nina
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Soooo basically I shouldnt have worried because we rented a car and drove around all day. ah it was fun, but I dont understand the LA hype, it's quite ordinary in my opinion.

wheelchairman
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Hmm let's go back to what I originally told you and file this under

#2539 times that Per has been right about everything again. :p

TBD
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Well as luck would have it, I ended up taking the downtown bus today to get fingerprinted for my internship.

First time on public transportation in LA.....ever.

Jebus
03-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Riding the bus has been a normal part of my life since 6th grade. I'm not white so I'm excused though.

but yeah. LA isn't extraordinary. The only celeb I've met is some kid I knew in middle school that danced in a gap commercial.

HornyPope
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I took LA buses. For 75 cents (evening), it's a pretty good deal. You get what you pay for, right?

Not Ozymandias
03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Trusting the public transportation system in Los Angeles? Oh man, just make sure not to go into Simon Phoenix's territory.
That apocalyptic vision of LA was supposed to take place in 1996. When the movie came out in 1993 it seemed like a realistic future.

What I'm trying to say is that abortion is the greatest thing that ever happened to this country.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Hell, the way the police have been shooting up people in the South Bay area, I wouldn't even trust to be there.
I hear they've been beating all the niggers and white trash too.