PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim

My immortal
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
What's the big deal about adult swim? I never watch adult swim because I have better stuff to do then sit in front of the t.v. but why are people so obsessed with it?

Yatesy
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
It's ok I guess, the shows are a bit hit & miss to be honest.

Cock Joke
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I think it's great! :D

What ever happened to Moral Orel? That show was just so frikkin nasty it was hilarious! Robot Chicken's my other favorite, and so is Aqua Teen.

I'm tired of all these retarded shows like the "Tim and Eric" shit. Molemen or whatever it's called, yea that sucks too. They should make new shows with their original styles!

nieh
02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I have better stuff to do then sit in front of the t.v. but why are people so obsessed with it?

Then why single out Adult Swim instead of television in general? It has some good shows, a lot of crap.

Sunny
02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I find Adult Swim is only remotely funny when you're totally blasted. in other words, it's mediocre at best.

BREAK
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I never watch adult swim because I have better stuff to do then sit in front of the t.v.

Whooooooaaaa, in-ter-LECT-u-al.

barangatang
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
The boondocks!

nieh
02-19-2008, 04:07 PM
The boondocks!

I really wanted to like that show because I've always liked the strips but I didn't really care for the one episode I've seen.

0r4ng3
02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Doesn't Adult Swim play Futurama reruns? That's good enough for me.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I think it's great!

Someone fucking named Cock Joke likes Adult Swim.

Yeah, that just about covers it.

Wolfbutter
02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Adult Swim is WEIRD. A show playing at like 1 or 2 am, with weird jokes and themes. It feels like it was created by robots. Anybody kinda get what I'm saying?

WebDudette
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Venture Brothers
Shin Chan
Futurama
Aqua Teen

Llamas
02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyway, I like Aqua Teen, though it's gotten really lame. The first three seasons were great, season 4 was okay, and now it's gotten terrible.

I liked Space Ghost Coast to Coast, but how can one NOT love Hanna Barbara?? It's just great.

I want to like Robot Chicken because I totally <3 Seth Green... but I just don't find it funny. Meh.

Rag Doll
02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I find Adult Swim is only remotely funny when you're totally blasted. in other words, it's mediocre at best.

exactly.

i cannot stand anything on there and it drives me totally batshit that people i know and love watch and enjoy it on a daily basis =\

Jebus
02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Think they stopped showing Futurama reruns sadly.

I don't like most of their original programming but there's still a number of stuff that I've enjoyed. Only things I can remember from the top my head (original or reruns)

Venture Brothers
Metalocalypse
The Boondocks
Stroker and Hoop
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
Home Movies
Mission Hill
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

WebDudette
02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Mission Hill was great.

I also enjoyed Metalocalypse, Stroker and Hoop, and Home Movies.

There is supposed to be a new season of Venture Brothers coming out in a couple months.

Jakebert
02-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Adult Swim, outside of Futurama, Mission Hill, and American Dad is essentially just the TV version of a 15 year old who tries too hard to be funny.

Jebus
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
American Dad? Seriously?

Llamas
02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Adult Swim, outside of Futurama, Mission Hill, and American Dad is essentially just the TV version of a 15 year old who tries too hard to be funny.

American Dad is quite possibly the worst show on that station. And it's pretty much 95% shit.

mrconeman
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
American Dad is worse than Family Guy. And that's saying something.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
American Dad is not good at all. But compared to the rest of the shit on Adult Swim, it's a goddamned masterpiece.

Except for Venture Bros. That show is legitimately awesome.

Jakebert
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
American Dad started out awful, but has gotten a lot better since it started. It's still hit-or-miss, but it's still a lot better than Aqua Teen and all of the other crap on Adult Swim.

jacknife737
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
American Dad is definitely a show that has gotten better as its aged. Its Midnight Cowboy parody was priceless.

opivy21
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I use to like it a lot, but I rarely watch it anymore. It's a shame that they hardly ever show The Venture Brothers. And God bless Comedy Central for keeping Futurama on my tv.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2008, 05:53 PM
it's still a lot better than Aqua Teen

For the record, everything, and I do mean everything is better, funnier, and of more value than ATHF.

FUCKING EVERYTHING WORST GODDAMNED SHOW EVER I WILL DIE NOW

Sorry about that.

Jakebert
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh, I definitely agree. I get really tired of people trying to tell me that I don't understand it when I say that I don't like it. It's not hard to understand at all, and it's generally horrible.

American Dad is definitely a show that has gotten better as its aged. Its Midnight Cowboy parody was priceless.

Yeah, the first season is almost unwatchable with the exception of the two-parter where Stan moves to Saudi Arabia, but starting around season 2, it got pretty good. When it works, it's one of the better comedies on TV right now. Don't get me wrong, it's mostly all crude shock humor, but crude shock humor can be hilarious when it's done right, and AD is one of the few shows that does it right.

Llamas
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I get really tired of people trying to tell me that I don't understand it when I say that I don't like it. It's not hard to understand at all, and it's generally horrible.

I hate it when idiots try to say that someone who doesn't like it doesn't understand it. I generally hate the audience for that show/Adult Swim in general.

But I think that show was funny in the first seasons. The humor was different from anything else, before every other Adult Swim show became based on the exact same thing. I thought it was clever how it was different humor, and it fell in line with my own. I hate how most humor has to be based around sex or cussing, because that gets so damn old. I liked that ATHF didn't do that... and then they fell into that generic crap in season 4.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
cussing

Hahahahhahaha. "Cussing". You are so white.

ps. Cody. Venture Bros. Fuck yes. Mmm.

Cock Joke
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I really wanted to like that show because I've always liked the strips but I didn't really care for the one episode I've seen.
I agree 100%! The show tried to hard with being controversial or something.

Someone fucking named Cock Joke likes Adult Swim.

Yeah, that just about covers it.
RIGHTEOUS!!! :cool:

calichix
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I saw MC Chris last night.