PDA

View Full Version : Bands you listen to now?

Smash punker
02-20-2008, 11:44 PM
These days, these bands:D
The Distillers
Lars Fredericksen and the bastards
Blag Flag
Does anyone like them?
What about yours?:D

XYlophonetreeZ
02-20-2008, 11:51 PM
These days, these bands, are so ordinary.

Lately I'm into some indie-fag-rock like Yeasayer and The National, some electro-punk like Shock Stars, and some rap like Nas and Aceyalone. And I'm getting back on a full R.E.M. kick since their new album is coming out soon and the first single is pretty fucking good AND they're playing a show in Raleigh with The National. Not that I'm excited in the least or anything. Nope.

JohnnyNemesis
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Lately, I've been listening to 3's & 7's by Queens of the Stone Age almost non-stop. When I'm not doing that, however, I'm falling back in love with The Faint, Fischerspooner, Fantazja, and Sono. Bloc Party is getting heavy play lately too, along with Muse and Days of the New. Oh, and The Mobile Homes. And calis.

And, of course, Divag always and forever.

WebDudette
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, that is all.

Actually, I've just getting in to a lot of xbxrx, Give up the Ghost, and The Dillinger Escape Plan recently. I've been trying to listen to a lot of The Chinese Stars because I'm going t see them soon. I've been renewing my love for Black Eyes and last but not least, The Blood Brothers and mewtihoutYou. Though I haven't been listening to near as much of those two as usual.

Oh, and some Kanye West and Daughters.

iPunk247
02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
i like variety but mainly ....

the offspring
cky
him
the distillers
the clash
the smiths
ramones
nirvana
rancid
transplants
dick dale
qotsa
bloodhound gang
selena

among others

Smash punker
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
As I said before, you are the man!:D

holland25
02-21-2008, 03:09 AM
These days I'm listening to this. (http://www.last.fm/user/holland25/)

jacknife737
02-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Bad Astronaut, Rancid, Horrorpops, Against Me!. Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Offspring, Juno Soundtrack, Dead to Me, Millencolin and Streetlight Manifesto

Autonomist
02-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Being that I'm seeing The Offspring on Sunday, I've decided it's time to give them some solid listening time again. I'm downloading the Rockpalast 1997 bootleg as I type this, and in my honest opinion that's them at their absolute peak.

Since Kanye West blew my mind last weekend I've been giving him a lot of spins as well. Good Morning, Homecoming and Through the Wire have all taken amazing jumps up my iTunes most played list. Talib Kweli is also in the same boat - Reflection Eternal blew my mind, Black Star are almost equally amazing and I'm really enjoying Quality, cheers Ricky.

I've probably listened to more Social Distortion than anything else this week though. Not to lay my sob story on the BBS, but a friend of mine died the previous weekend and pretty much every song on Sex, Love & Rock 'n' Roll reminds me of her to the point where it's actually somewhat scary. That's been a big help, and made me come to appreciate Mike Ness as a very underrated songwriter.

BREAK
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
The Mae Shi, Oxbow, Subtle, Liars, Holy Fuck, Yea Big & Kid Static, Sun Ra, Battle of Mice, Mobb Deep's The Infamous.

Been listening to a lot of stand-up comedians, mainly Bill Hicks and Chris Rock.

Also, those demos for the upcoming She & Him album are making me happy in the pants.

nieh
02-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Lily Allen, Subtle, 13 & God, Dr. Doctor, Tomahawk, Brass (f/k/a North Star Infinite).

mrconeman
02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Bob Dylan. Lots and lots of Bob Dylan.

BREAK
02-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Josh, have you ever heard Deep Puddle Dynamics? It's a group made up of a pre-Subtle Doseone, pre-Atmosphere Slug, pre-Skyrider Band Sole, and pre...whatever he does now Alias. Sort of a whiteboy indie hip hop supergroup, of sorts.

nieh
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I didn't even know they exist until just now, though I'm sure I would've soon enough when I get around to working my way through all the anticon bands. Are they any good?

BREAK
02-21-2008, 10:10 AM
I've only heard one song by them, off an Anticon sampler I bought. It's good.

nieh
02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I'll try to check them out once I get a computer at home again.

Rag Doll
02-21-2008, 02:57 PM
uhhh.

the smashing pumpkins. placebo. say anything (omfg, seeing them 3/29). death cab for cutie. portugal the man. louis xiv. the apples in stereo. yup.

Jakebert
02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
The big ones I've been listening to in the past few weeks:

Mountain Goats.
Bob Dylan
Sleater-Kinney
Tom Waits
David Bazan/Pedro the Lion

coke_a_holic
02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I've been alternating between Okkervil River, The Weakerthans, and The Mountain Goats. I've hardly listened to anything else over the past few weeks except for sudden outbursts of past obsessions (ie Tom Waits, Say Anything) which only last for a few days, rather than their previous spotlight time. I think when it gets warmer, I'll start listening to something other than slightly-mopey-but-still-somewhat-upbeat-indie-bullshit.

mrconeman
02-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I forgot to mention The John Butler Trio.
Lots of The John Butler Trio.

Jakebert
02-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I've tried really hard to get into them, but I just can't do it.

Llamas
02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
These days, these bands, are so ordinary.

<33333

This thread is basically the audioscrobbler thread. But I've been listening to a lot of Damien Rice, English Beat, Die Toten Hosen these past couple weeks. In the last few months, it's been a lot of Nightwish, Raul Midon, Apulanta, Serj Tankian, Darren Hayes, Jay Z, Vanessa Carlton, Streetlight Manifesto, Sondre Lerche, and probably some Rhianna, haha.

Alex101
02-22-2008, 11:05 AM
The Offspring
Bad Religion
Social Distortion
Rancid
Pennywise
NOFX
D.I.
The Adolescents
Rise Against
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Linkin Park
Iron Maiden
Metallica (their old stuff, including Master of Puppets)
The Clash
KoRn
Voivod
Big Drill Car
Suicidal Tendencies
Face to Face
Circle Jerks

nieh
02-22-2008, 11:37 AM
The Mountain Goats

I tried to get that, the new Mae Shi album and the Pre album at my cd store yesterday but they didn't have any of them. The place has gone a bit downhill in the last 6 months or so. They did have a Mountain Goats one from 04 but I don't know if that one's supposed to be as good.

Rag Doll
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Tunes? please not Tunes. I had really wanted to venture down there at some point when I'm bored with nothing to do and have money.

nieh
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah. They still have new releases by most of the bigger indie and mainstream bands but they're getting less and less likely to have slightly lesser known artists and even occasionally miss some bigger ones here and there. Like the third Nellie McKaye album, they never had that in stock at all.

Rag Doll
02-22-2008, 11:56 AM
buhhhh. but are the prices still good? and they still have other random stuff besides cds? (i seem to remember like...clocks or something). cause i dunno, i kinda wanna go back.

Cock Joke
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
The Offspring (Obviously)

Social Distortion
Green Day
Nirvana
Metallica

Other punk/grunge and hard rock stuff, pretty much

And then a lot of "hair metal" type stuff, which I never used to be into but now I am.

nieh
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
buhhhh. but are the prices still good? and they still have other random stuff besides cds? (i seem to remember like...clocks or something). cause i dunno, i kinda wanna go back.

Yeah, the prices are still the same and they still have other stuff there. It's just that I've been having a harder time finding stuff there than I used to.