PDA

View Full Version : Distillers gone!

Smash punker
02-28-2008, 01:41 AM
I have just got known that one of my favourite bands broke up like an year ago. And the Brody started a new band. So, please if anyone can get anything new from her, Iīd really appreciate that. I just wanna know if she still rocks or sucks? :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-28-2008, 08:16 AM
as far as i know, her new band Spinnerette hasn't put put any new material yet...
...so now we play the waiting game.

Forza
02-28-2008, 10:03 AM
It just must be something to look forward to. Her raw voice is pure gold.

nameless
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
i heard they has split up but i thought it was partly due to the fact she had started a family!

Jakebert
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
as far as i know, her new band Spinnerette hasn't put put any new material yet...
...so now we play the waiting game.

Aw, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

iPunk247
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
fuck it no matter what i still dig The Distillers music. all great bands must R.i.P

Llamas
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
I've always rather liked Brody's voice... but I found the music the Distillers played to be rather boring. It sounded way too much like Rancid, just with a girl singing. So hopefully, the new band she's in will do something more original, so that I can actually enjoy her voice.

Smash punker
02-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I just hope she wonīt change the music, that she played with Distillers. Too sad, theyīre gone! :(

Smash punker
02-29-2008, 05:46 AM
fuck it no matter what i still dig The Distillers music. all great bands must R.i.P

What do you mean? I know that they couldnīt play forever, but...?:D

Smash punker
02-29-2008, 05:46 AM
I've always rather liked Brody's voice... but I found the music the Distillers played to be rather boring. It sounded way too much like Rancid, just with a girl singing. So hopefully, the new band she's in will do something more original, so that I can actually enjoy her voice.

You donīt like her voice? You donīt like Rancid? :eek: :D

Llamas
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Read my post again.... I do like her voice. I don't like bands that sound exactly like another band. She should have a band that does something new/different/creative.

Jakebert
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
But...but...you like Third Eye Blind and Incubus.

nieh
02-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't like bands that sound exactly like another band.

Is this something new?

Cock Joke
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Piss. I see the same result as Ron Welty and the whole "Steady Ground" thing.

GBH2
02-29-2008, 06:14 PM
...except he was the drummer, not the singer. big difference

Meg
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Generally speaking, you can replace [With limits] any musician in a band.

Providing the new member has the talent of, or higher than their predecessor, and uses the same effects etc. the band can still sound pretty much the same.

Whereas if you switch a singer, it simply doesn't work. The singers from any bands worth listening to all have entirely unique voices that will simply never be replaced.

Unless you count almost all new bands. The indie-type ones. I could swear that all the new indie songs are by the same fucking band.

nameless
02-29-2008, 08:02 PM
did anyone ever catch them live?! i saw them once at a festival and walked off after a few songs! the review said they were awful as well! were the any good headlining shows?!

Llamas
02-29-2008, 09:16 PM
But...but...you like Third Eye Blind and Incubus.

I like 3 songs by Third Eye Blind' I've never liked the band themselves, and haven't said I was a fan of their music since I was like 15. The three good songs are very good, and don't sound like other bands. The rest of their junk does.
And I like older Incubus music, yes, and moderately liked their newest album when it came out, but I grew bored with it fast. I don't think they're spectacular, and I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I also don't think the first couple albums by them were super generic and sounding like every other rock band. That came later.

Neither band do I actually listen to anymore, though.

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Aw, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

monopoly, perhaps?

Cock Joke
03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
...except he was the drummer, not the singer. big difference

What I mean is the album taking forever. Yea, Steady Ground's having that big singer issue, but this other band could have all sorts of other issues delaying the album.

bouncingcoles
03-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I have just got known that one of my favourite bands broke up like an year ago. And the Brody started a new band. So, please if anyone can get anything new from her, Iīd really appreciate that. I just wanna know if she still rocks or sucks? :D

didnt they break up like 3 years ago.

GBH2
03-01-2008, 12:12 PM
What I mean is the album taking forever. Yea, Steady Ground's having that big singer issue, but this other band could have all sorts of other issues delaying the album.

ahhh.. my bad

Smash punker
03-03-2008, 06:01 AM
didnt they break up like 3 years ago.

What? I read it on plenty internet sites! So they broke up in spring 2007

iPunk247
03-06-2008, 09:48 PM
What do you mean? I know that they couldnīt play forever, but...?:D

did i supposed to mean something?!?! muahahahahahahahahahahahaha :eek:

IAmARevenant
03-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I have just got known that one of my favourite bands broke up like an year ago. And the Brody started a new band. So, please if anyone can get anything new from her, I´d really appreciate that. I just wanna know if she still rocks or sucks? :D
You're a bit late man; The Distillers broke up almost 2 years ago. It was when I liked them so much (well dur, my screen name is after a Distillers song) and I went through a phase where I just couldn't accept that they were gone. :lol: Anyways, we've been waiting on Spinnerette for over a year now, and all we have is a really shitty demo song, and a preview on their myspace; which sounds pretty good, but I don't think it will match anything The Distillers have done.

One thing that's pissing me off is that, for the past year now, Brody has constantly been posting blogs along the lines of "WE'RE RECORDING RIGHT NOW! IT'LL COME SOON! KEEP WAITING, JUST A BIT LONGER!" But then nothing happens. Like she's afraid fans will leave her. (at least she's not doing what Rancid is and just releasing a comp CD to try to hold fans) I'm no longer waiting for it to be released, but when (if) it does, then awesome.

Jakebert
03-23-2008, 06:52 PM
I just want to say how much I've grown to like the title of this thread.