PDA

View Full Version : Which were the most peculiar games you have ever played?

Drafan
02-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Hide and seek on the graveyard? How many balls will fit into your nose? Whose butt is in the hole? Boast of!

Vera
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Jumping off a cabinet onto a bed, whilst yelling "suicide!".

Me and my cousins also had a tendency to play animals in encapturement. No fucking idea why.

In related news, a Finnish saying claims that "a child is healthy if they play".

batfish
02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Years ago we tried a neighbour's cat because it killed our guinea pig. We had a judge, a jury of one, a prosecutor, and no defendant. We reached a Guilty verdict, and the plan was to hang the cat, but in the end we weren't cruel enough (and the cat was making such a racket). Thank goodness.

Sunny
02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
i feel kinda bad for lol-ing at the cat trial, but omg. rofl. that's hilarious.

my friend (female) and i used to play "lesbian barbies" and "bondage barbies". don't even ask. we didn't even know words such as "lesbian" or "bondage", but um. there was barbie gay sex and barbie on barbie spanking/tying up with hair scrunchies.

it's a miracle we both turned out relatively ok. ;p

Rag Doll
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
uhhhh, i used to play the same Barbie games as Sunny. and my male friend would sometimes come over with wrestling action figures which would like, tie Barbie up and shave her head and give her a bad makeover. yuppp.

otherwise, i'm having trouble remembering a lot of the other weird stuff i did as a kid.

nieh
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I thought tying barbies up was part of every growing child's life.

edit: why does it say Sam posted after me on the main page and the general chat page?

Cock Joke
02-29-2008, 01:11 PM
edit: why does it say Sam posted after me on the main page and the general chat page?

Interesting...:confused:

The most peculiar game I played involved a crobar and a hippity hop ball. I will leave it at that for the sake of not putting any disturbing images in anyone's heads.

killer_queen
02-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I wasn't a pervert like Sunny or Sam. My barbies had heterosexual sex with my brother's actionmans. Unfortunately, my friend was such a big fan of stupid soap operas so I had to put up with her making loooooong dialogs between the barbie and the actionman.

I was terrible at all kinds of ball games. And I've never played hide and seek in a graveyard but I grew up with my father's stories how they found a skull while playing in the graveyard so it has always been a desire for me.

Ouija boards were great too, by the way. Especially if your friends are all chickens.

Rag Doll
02-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Ouija boards were great too, by the way. Especially if your friends are all chickens.

i remember playing with one with a friend when we were like 11. i made it say i was a murderer, to my very gullible friend. she took it far too seriously and chased me around with a steak knife until my mom finally convinced her i was not a murderer, just a pain in the ass =x

Mota Boy
02-29-2008, 09:07 PM
My siblings and I threw rocks at each other. For hours.

There was construction going on in the lot next to our house, and an enormous (twelve-foot high or so) pile of dirt and clay was built up. For a couple afternoons, me and a brother of mine climbed up on top, my sister and my other brother were outside of it. And we threw the hardened chunks of clay at each other as hard as we could. Every so often someone would get hit, cry or scream or charge at the others, winging bits madly, then retreat and start all over again.

Good times.

Other times, we'd take the hose and "water" the mud until we created a giant mud pit. Other people would actually show up at our house asking to play in it. I think at most we had ten people wallowing in it simultaneously.

Also, I played "four-wheeler tag" with my friends. Most families that hunted often had a four-wheeler, and for some reason the adults had no problem with letting a bunch of middle-schoolers go out and play on them. The idea behind "four-wheeler tag" was that we would race about this large, dirty, recently-plowed field and try to and "catch" someone else in the massive trail of dust that we'd kick up - so essentially, push the machines as fast as they could go (forty-five, fifty mph/upwards of eighty kph) and try to cut each other off. It was awesome. At night, we'd play four-wheeler hide and seek, in which the point was to race back to "base" with your lights off before the person looking for you could illuminate you with their spotlight.

Fortunately, I never got seriously injured, but a few of my friends broke arms/legs/ribs.

Let's see... also, my middle brother and I fucking hated each other for a while, and though I didn't hit him that often, my sister and I got pretty good at psychological warfare. I think, at the climax, we declared a "War against Will" and had, like, a dozen kids from throughout the neighborhood chanting it and throwing things at him, while he cried.

Nicole
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I want to play 4 wheeler spotlight, dammit!

We've had some fun times with spotlight in more recent years, at all times we were totally wasted. We went up to Kings Park (massive inner city park/bushland) with the intention of playing spotlight on Es except nobody was motivated. So afterwards later on I had 2 friends over so we decided to play spotlight in the largest possible space 3 people could play spotlight and one round took beyond an hour and involved nigh on falling in the river, hiding up trees and all kinds of fun.

I'm amazed nobody was seriously hurt during my Ashfield childhood, used to involve taking things with wheels down fairly steep hills that veered off with the risk of being hit by cars, paying kids to jump off the Redcliffe bridge because I was too chickenshit to do it myself but young teenagers will do anything for $5, and I do believe there was one incident of rock throwing that kind of wrecked the day when one of the girls actually hit target right under this other kids eye and there was blood everywhere and were were ever in trouble.

Kayla
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
ouch! that sucks...reminds me of the time when i was little, this girl threw a rock at me, from across my street, and hit me right in the lip. i had a swollen lip for a couple days, i didn't bleed or anything though

IamSam
02-29-2008, 10:17 PM
My friends and I when in the third grade invented 'dino' tag. It involved the person that was it to be a carnivore and be handicapped by having their arms tucked in small while everyone else would be giant grass eaters and have to skip or something to be slightly slower. It was a great game. Then we learned how stupid we looked and it died after fourth grade.

PS: Anyone listen or see Brian Regan? "Is this a good activity?"

Conspiracyof1000
02-29-2008, 11:59 PM
My brother made up a game called "Hit the dog's butthole with a golf ball."
He won. I didn't even try, I was laughing too hard.

Last week I borrowed a projector and projected movies onto a wall in my home. My friend and I played "Poke the man boob." Again I lost because I was laughing too hard.

And besides that...there are too many to name.

MrJoe
03-01-2008, 04:19 AM
"Skills with a loaf" and "Slick as a brick".

batfish
03-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Frisbees and balls were banned in the playground at primary school, so one enterprising kid brought in a plastic boomerang. We played catch with it, and it skidded over the asphalt until its edges were really sharp.

Then a deaf kid threw it and it it me on the eyebrow, and there was blood everywhere.

The dinner ladies didn't understand: they thought I'd been playing catch with myself, and it being a boomerang, had hurtled back and hit myself. The deaf kid couldn't explain.

Sinister
03-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Not exactly peculiar, but me and my brothers and cousins used to play rugby at my uncle's place which has a huge open field of grass with a couple trees we used as endzone markers. There were also a couple trees in the middle of the field, and one of the endzones was actually a ditch. I remember my brother completely knocked the wind out of me when he tackled me and I landed on the upward-sloped (from the way I was coming) side of the ditch.

Oh and there was some fucked up ghost story game two of my cousins thought up when I was like 7 and they were 13. The ghost, for some reason, was called Aunt Roger.

T-6005
03-01-2008, 09:41 AM
My friend and I hiked up the mountain one day in search of an abandoned house. Once we found it, we took the opportunity to load ourselves down with rocks and knock out every window that was still standing (turns out it was on the other side of an unstable bridge and we were too chickenshit to go across, so throwing rocks was the next best way of asserting our bravery). Little did we know that we'd been gone for a long time and caused our parents to start worrying, so they asked my brother about where we'd gone and he spilled it (not surprising, considering the psychological abuse possible when you move to a country, learn English, and then your brother's name is Gayelord) and we ended up being walked up to, completely oblivious, as we tried our damndest to smash everything in that house.

Drafan
03-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, some posts are very amusing, especially bondage barbies. :D Itīs not fair I havent had any barbies, as I think about it now, it must have been an indigent childhood. :( Itīs because I donīt have neither sister nor brother.
But now I remember we used to play some tickling tornment in junior school and later too bondage on the chair, so at least this.
And I also lost a lot of my skin while fighting with my three cousins.

Scythe Death
03-02-2008, 05:32 PM
When in 3rd grade or something, the swings were our favorite thing in school. So once we decided to Spit at each others. God damn, that game was fun. Unfortunately, I was in the swing of the middle (which I liked because it was blue). Our principal forbid us to ever play that again.

Among other games I've played, there is:

-Where's the ball.... in my underwear?

and

-Mighty Morphine Daniel Rangers

Harnum
03-02-2008, 05:54 PM
When I was around 8 or 9, me and one of my friends used to play a game called "Hit the Light and Crack it!". We were totally awesome kids.. anyway, it would essentially involve throwing a tennis ball at a very shabby garden light so we could break the shit out of it. We weren't really serious about breaking it at first, as it was still working and whatnot, we just wanted to hit it. Of course my friend took it too far and smashed it to hell while I got blamed for the incident.

We also used to pretend we were divers for some reason.. =\ We'd get up on my fence and swing over to the other side like we had jumped off a boat and 'dive down to the bottom'. We'd meet up with sharks, have our air tanks blown up and almost die and everything.

Man, imaginations certainly run wild. Especially when you're a kid.

P.S - luvthisthredd.

WebDudette
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
In grade school my friends and I played a game on the swings that involved us swinging in a way that would get us hurtling at others and trying to knock them of there own swing. That was awesome.

Another game (similar to Mota's), one of my neighbors had a huge dirt clod pile. Either we would stand on top of it and try to throw each other off, or we would pick up the clods and hit each other as hard as possible.

The strangest might be a game I used to play whenever there was a trampoline. Basically you get as much speed as you can, then jump at someone else backwards, trying to hit them with your butt... The object was to knock them down or off the trampoline.

Then of course I did all the typical imagination stuff like pretending to be a Power Ranger or a Ninja Turtle.

Meg
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
It wasn't so much a game, but I remember when I was little, whenever I hurt myself [e.g. graze, bruise] My older brother used to put some dust-type stuff on it, and say it was magical fairy dust, and that it'd make me better. bizarrely I believed this until I was at least 9.

But as to games, I know there were hundreds of random stupid games I played, but I can't remember them all.

When I was about 9, we were in the process of finding a new place to live in Wales, so we were constantly driving down there and looking at different pubs. I'm not the best person in the world for travelling, so to take my mind off being in the car and distract myself from being sick I used to pretend that the headlights of the cars on the other side of the road were eyes, and then think of names for the eyes [e.g. square eyes]

My little brother is very strange when it comes to playing games by himself. I think his favourite one is pretending to be the teacher of a class. When I lived with my mum i'd often hear him talking to his imaginary class, then shouting at an imaginary student for talking when he was =/

Jakebert
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Soggy biscut.

sKratch
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
One I just remembered was a game I made up with some friends that we called "immortal foot smash". Must have been around 4th grade or so. It involved putting a baseball cap over your face so you could only see out of the little holes that baseball caps have on top of them, and you'd go one-on-one with someone else trying to stomp on his foot. I don't quite remember the scoring system. I also don't remember why it was fun...

Endymion
03-03-2008, 12:10 AM
there was this game, backstabber. basically, we'd punch each other as hard as we could in the middle of the back but no one else who was playing could be around, and the person you were punching couldn't know it was coming. so sneak up on someone chatting which a hot chick, bunch 'em in the back, hard. that's how it worked. until, that is, one of us mistook some random dude for someone in the group.

JohnnyNemesis
03-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I also don't remember why it was fun...

Wtf are you talking about? That sounds incredibly fun!

there was this game, backstabber. basically, we'd punch each other as hard as we could in the middle of the back but no one else who was playing could be around, and the person you were punching couldn't know it was coming. so sneak up on someone chatting which a hot chick, bunch 'em in the back, hard. that's how it worked. until, that is, one of us mistook some random dude for someone in the group.

This is almost exactly the same game I played with my friends in high school...except we called it "Where's your messiah now?!" because it was required that the person doing the punching ask that question either right before or immediately after the punch.

Dr.evil
03-03-2008, 12:22 AM
i used to play dodge ball in department stores.......... until i hit a security guard thinking he was one of my friends..... i can never go back there....... ah well, theres #### all there anyway

wheelchairman
03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
We had that punching game in high school as well. Except it was called "Fun". You could punch a person if they said the word "fun", even if it was only part of the word, like "fundamentalist."

IamSam
03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
We used to play capture the carrier...but by a different name. The object of the game, for those that haven't played it, is to tackle the person carrying a ball and take it away so you can become the carrier. Typical male game. We would play this game on a stack of hay bales a good 12 feet tall. One of my friends was it and ran away and laid down on the edge of the bales. Well he sat there until someone got close and at the last second he rolled off the edge of the stack thinking there was a small ledge he could walk on and escape. Sadly the lad wasn't the brightest and didn't check first if there actually was a ledge. He rolled off the stack of haybales and hit the ground. He was attempting to gasp for air and laugh at the same time. It was great.

WebDudette
03-03-2008, 01:00 AM
A friend and I used to take turns punching each other as hard as we possible could in the stomach. The best one happened when we were at Target. He was reaching up to grab something off the shelf and I took him completely unawares and got him as hard as I could in the stomach. He fell to the ground and the plastic toy guitar he was reaching for fell on his head. He didn't stand up for like 5 minutes. We stopped playing because he actually got an ulcer (which we're both pretty sure is just from stress) and because we figured it can't be good in any case. Oh yeah, and we were ridiculously skiddish about everything. Anyone who made any movement near me while he was around caused me to jump. We played for about two years.

I also played arms with this kid for about a half hour straight, I had a huge green, purple, and yellow bruise for a month or so.

Now I play the circle game (http://thegame.sleightgeek.com/) with a group of my friends.

'The core game is for player A to make a circle out of his thumb and forefinger, place it below his waist and have player B look at it. All other play is based around this action.' If and when they see your circle you punch them. We don't play with any of the other stupid rules.

GreenTerror
03-03-2008, 01:31 AM
The Floor Is Lavaaa!!

Jebus
03-03-2008, 01:47 AM
We used to have fighting competitions for these two girls we knew during elementary school. Two of us fought for one girl and another two fought for the second girl. Who ever would win would get to be the girl's boyfriend. Of course, these girls weren't aware of this fiasco, and nothing really ended up happening after proclaiming the victors. Life went on.

I also played Calvinball.

IamSam
03-03-2008, 03:10 AM
My friends and I now have fun making nasty mixtures of food and drink and placing money on someone drinking them. Things such as: Chocolate milk, steak sauce, mustard, a little bit of mashed potatoes, ketchup, salt, etc.

MrJoe
03-03-2008, 03:25 AM
I'll explain the games I mentioned in my earlier post.

"Slick as a brick" actually had nothing to do with bricks. It was basically crab football/soccer. A group of us would sit in a circle with a football, and we'd have to kick, head, knee, shoulder the ball in anyway to keep it from bouncing more than once. You could use any part of your body except your hands. This game was also fun on a trampoline.

"Skills with a loaf" was the worst game in history, it was just seeing how smooth you could tie the breadbag up and then throw it into the breadbin in one slick move. Yeah not sure how that one started...

sKratch
03-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Mmm.. I play a punching game right now with a couple of guys in my improv group. Basically, when you're at a party, you can punch anyone else in the game in the face when they're not expecting it. Awful game. Extra points for having someone start a fake conversation with someone just so they're a little off.

WebDudette
03-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Wow, in the face huh? That one is actually pretty impressive.

The Floor Is Lavaaa!!

My natural reaction to seeing this post was to pick my feet up off the floor...

sKratch
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah. In the jaw/cheek region. Except one time I saw my buddy out of the corner of my eye so I turned to look and he caught me right in the teeth.
The best is when you're at a party and you see someone just talking to people you don't know, sneak up, punch them in the mouth, shake hands, and walk away.

IamSam
03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah. In the jaw/cheek region. Except one time I saw my buddy out of the corner of my eye so I turned to look and he caught me right in the teeth.
The best is when you're at a party and you see someone just talking to people you don't know, sneak up, punch them in the mouth, shake hands, and walk away.

How do you end up shaking hands with them?

Sunny
03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I took him completely unawares

*bursts out laughing*

sKratch
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
How do you end up shaking hands with them?

They say, "Damn, that was a good punch," while rubbing their now tender jaw. And you laugh and agree. And then you shake hands.

Edit: Almost a picture of me getting punched in the face:
http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/camwhore/punchinggame.jpg

nameless
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
not really out of the ordinary but not long after moving up to a new school a few of us would throw things out of the window during lessons (little things like those plastic maths blocks used for counting) then leave the window open slightly and at break time, try and throw them back through the window. it was a first floor window which made it so much more difficult of course!

one day a teacher found out about it and just went mad for some reason, it wasnt like we were using anything that would break the window!

offspring dude
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
My primary school had a massive playground and field. For some reason part of the field was 'forbidden' to the students and this forbidden part of the field was completely not taken care of and was a really mysterious place so we'd go out and venture there.

Somehow we ended up organizing massive stick fights with the year below us there, we would go up there every week or so with about 20 kids on each side, finds some sticks and fight like crazy wild warriors, we pretended we were warriors from The Lord of the Rings (lol) and would shout pretending to be captains and all that, we used to hit each other quite hard. It was fun until some kid hit another one and cracked his head open, from that time they started having teacher guarding the 'forbidden' area and we never did it again.

Man I miss those times.

Soggy biscut.

you are really joking, aren't you?

Drafan
03-04-2008, 11:11 AM
My friends and I now have fun making nasty mixtures of food and drink and placing money on someone drinking them. Things such as: Chocolate milk, steak sauce, mustard, a little bit of mashed potatoes, ketchup, salt, etc.

Hey, I know this game! :o When I was about 14, we were on skiing course, we did made such special drinks, we even found a boy who liked it.

My primary school had a massive playground and field. For some reason part of the field was 'forbidden' to the students and this forbidden part of the field was completely not taken care of and was a really mysterious place so we'd go out and venture there.

Somehow we ended up organizing massive stick fights with the year below us there, we would go up there every week or so with about 20 kids on each side, finds some sticks and fight like crazy wild warriors, we pretended we were warriors from The Lord of the Rings (lol) and would shout pretending to be captains and all that, we used to hit each other quite hard. It was fun until some kid hit another one and cracked his head open, from that time they started having teacher guarding the 'forbidden' area and we never did it again.

Man I miss those times.

That must have been great. I hope you managed to smash those disgusting orcs.

Itīs amazing how many games are associated with violence or supressed sexual instincts. :eek:
But just 2 years ago on high school we were playing footbal with the great gym balls. Winner was who hit most of the opponents. I got hit once really hard, it was a blast!