PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails

leo3375
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
New album available now!

http://www.nin.com

But seriously, this is a place to discuss all things NIN. I've been a fan for 13 years and have all the Halos and then some.

bouncingcoles
03-03-2008, 09:00 AM
i was going to post this but you beat to it. o well. im trying to download the new album but it wont let me. apparently its because so many people are trying to do so at the same time. i guess ill have to wait a little while

leo3375
03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I downloaded it last night. It finished up after I went to bed, so when I got up this morning I brought the files into iTunes put them on my iPod. It's very interesting. It's all instrumentals and is over two hours of music.

Hopefully I'll have the money for the $75 Deluxe Edition later this month. I'll be happy with the $10 standard version for the time being. And the Limited-Edition was really, really tempting but I decided against it.

Yatesy
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Remember reading about that this morning and thinking wtf? They released it without really saying anything. Going to download the sample tracks as I don't really have too much money but it sounds pretty cool.

iPunk247
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
NiN fanatic because of the most virginal famous greatest song ever CLOSER :o

Superdope
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I tried downloading the Ghosts part I, but when I try to unzip it I get an error message. Is it because I use 7zip?

would anyone care to send me the songs, since it's not working for me?

bouncingcoles
03-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I tried downloading the Ghosts part I, but when I try to unzip it I get an error message. Is it because I use 7zip?

would anyone care to send me the songs, since it's not working for me?

buy the album for 5 dollars

leo3375
03-15-2008, 04:37 PM
So is anyone going to make a Ghosts video? I suck at filmmaking so I'm probably not going to do it. I plan on doing a series of paintings inspired by the songs, though.

bouncingcoles
03-18-2008, 04:24 PM
ya....i have a life....

leo3375
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Trent totally Rickrolled us this morning. He must be really proud of himself for successfully fooling all of us.

Autonomist
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
So I'm not the biggest Nine Inch Nails in the world, far from it. Not long from now however I'll be seeing them live as the headlining act of a festival I'm attending and they do have a few songs I enjoy. I was wondering, for anyone who has at least some idea of what makes their setlist on a following basis, what are the chances of them playing the following songs - Something I Can Never Have, Wish, Ruiner, Only.

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-30-2008, 01:24 AM
I saw them at the Forum last month, and I went into it being a casual NIN fan, and left in total awe. Best live show Ive ever seen.

From what i remember they will probably play "Only", when I saw them play, they played over 2 and a half hours, so it seems like every song in existence was on that setlist. lol

SuperKnux
09-30-2008, 01:37 AM
So I'm not the biggest Nine Inch Nails in the world, far from it. Not long from now however I'll be seeing them live as the headlining act of a festival I'm attending and they do have a few songs I enjoy. I was wondering, for anyone who has at least some idea of what makes their setlist on a following basis, what are the chances of them playing the following songs - Something I Can Never Have, Wish, Ruiner, Only.

I saw them in Dallas again last month and I can bet they'll play "Only" and "Wish" from those listed.

leo3375
10-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm gonna say there's an outside chance of them playing SICNH but don't bet on it.

Oh, and what do y'all think of the new NIN.com?

cool 2 hate 681
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM
anyone hear this about freese and nin?

Rocker Josh Freese is to quit Nine Inch Nails at Christmas, according to the band's leader Trent Reznor.

In a post on the group's website, Reznor insists he and Freese will part the best of friends and he admits he has yet to find a replacement drummer.

Reznor writes, "Josh Freese fans, be sure to check out a show on the upcoming North American leg of the tour, as sadly they will be the last ones he's playing with us. He informed me he's leaving the tour at the end of this year. Yes, we are still dear friends. No, I'm not sure what we are going to do."

Freese, a former member of The Vandals and Guns N' Roses and ongoing part of A Perfect Circle, is expecting a third child with his girlfriend in January.

Free?
10-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I've discovered that few days ago. Can't say that I feel bad about that, NIN always changed members and Josh used to be superbusy with many projects. They're still buddies and that's great.

cool 2 hate 681
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
is the Lostprophets' drummer who is replacing josh freese any good??

SuperKnux
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
is the Lostprophets' drummer who is replacing josh freese any good??

I really dislike the Lostprophets, however, it seems like their drummer might be pretty good. Have you read his wikipedia..? While he hasn't participated in many bands he has been drumming since he was a little kid and has won several big competitions throughout his teens. I think he's even practiced with Josh as well.

So I dunno, he sounds good on paper, but I guess we'll have to see.

SweetTatyana
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
When I saw NIN all they played was Only, however really sick show regardless.

Mr. Punk Pirate
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Nine Inch Nails recently ended their hiatus, and just announced that they have signed to Columbia Records and will put out a new album this year.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/nine_inch_nails_sign_to_columbia_records_new_album _set_for_release_this_yea

Mr. Punk Pirate
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
NIN just announced that they're releasing their new album on September 3rd called Hesitation Marks. They're also streaming a new song called "Came Back Haunted".

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/came-back-haunted-2013

Mr. Punk Pirate
07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
They have released a video for their new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1RN6pT3zL44

OC HAU
08-26-2013, 11:18 AM
It leaked.

Eskimo
09-13-2013, 09:16 PM
What do you all think of it?

After processing it a little, I really like it. It kind of reminds me of Bad Religion's last disc in a lot of ways, obviously not sonically, but in that sense that it's kind of a really good representation of all these different elements from over Trent's career. Bits & pieces of it all.

A little weirdly "dance-y" in parts, but I guess he's always done that type of stuff to an extent. I think some of the "ehh" from fans is just that it's not quite as dark and angsty as he's known for. He's in a happier place or whatever, I guess.

SuperKnux
09-14-2013, 10:39 PM
When "Came Back Haunted" came out I was honestly very underwhelmed. I thought it was such a terrible song. But now that Hesitation Marks has been released, I gotta say the album is pretty damn awesome. It's a very solid record.

There's a lot of Radiohead I'm getting out of it and I like that just fine. I've gotten used to "Came Back Haunted" now. It's still the weakest song off the album, but it's by no means terrible like I thought the first 10 times I heard it.

My key tracks: Find My Way, All Time Low, Satellite, and In Two.

Eskimo
09-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I pretty much thought "Came Back Haunted" licked balls, too. Lowered my expectations for the disc a bit, but glad I was wrong.