PDA

View Full Version : DVD region codes

Autonomist
03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I've over-exercised my right to change my DVD region code back in forth in Windows Media Player, and now I'm stuck unable to change. Is there anyway I can fix it so that my computer plays all DVDs regardless of what region they're encoded to, or anything else I can use to override them?

Amiralanal
03-08-2008, 12:58 AM
VLC

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

You will never use WMP again.

ninthlayer
03-08-2008, 01:57 AM
I can't find my fuciong remote because some fucking dunces lost it and i want to watch these episodes of dexter that a guy burned for me. fuck my life, cisco base.

Endymion
03-08-2008, 03:11 AM
you haven't seen season 2 yet or something, faggot?

wheelchairman
03-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I've over-exercised my right to change my DVD region code back in forth in Windows Media Player, and now I'm stuck unable to change. Is there anyway I can fix it so that my computer plays all DVDs regardless of what region they're encoded to, or anything else I can use to override them?

There is a site where you can download something to unlock the region setting. I think it might void your warranty though.

Personally I use AnyDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html). It's simple and easy to use.

ninthlayer
03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
you haven't seen season 2 yet or something, faggot?
No, I've seen all of season two but I wanted to watch it again last night.

Vera
03-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Google and download some DVD region-killing software. Personally I think you're kind of an ass for ever changing the DVD region since unless 100% of your DVDs are of one certain region, it doesn't pay in the end.

I use DVD Region Killer, but DVD43 and similar freeware programs also do the trick. If you wanna pay, there are software for that as well.

VLC doesn't remove region coding but it does play DVDs.

Tijs
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Use AnyDVD, like WCM said.

wheelchairman
03-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Personally I think you're kind of an ass for ever changing the DVD region since unless 100% of your DVDs are of one certain region, it doesn't pay in the end.

lol.... what?

Vera
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
What I mean is that it's not really of much use, since there's always a limited amount of changes so unless you happen to borrow somebody's Region NotYourOwn DVD that you know you'll only watch once.. But if you like, own Region 2 DVDs and then some Region 1 ones, you're eventually going to run out of opportunities to change the region coding, and then you're stuck with the one you have.

So instead of constantly changing it, it's much easier to just download one of the drivers that undo region coding altogether and not be bothered with that crap.

HornyPope
03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
So instead of constantly changing it, it's much easier to just download one of the drivers that undo region coding altogether and not be bothered with that crap.

And if you don't do that, you're a fucking ASS, that's who you are. :mad::mad::mad:

Vera
03-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Once there was a guy in my school who didn't download a driver to make his laptop regionless so I broke his arm.

Autonomist
03-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Could you say regionless drivers are his favourite DVD accessory now?

AnyDVD is a godsend. Thanks to those whom guided me to it.

wheelchairman
03-14-2008, 07:08 AM
I tried downloading drivers but they weren't available for the cd rom on my laptop.

way to go for cheap and shoddy products Per.

Vera
03-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Could you say regionless drivers are his favourite DVD accessory now?
A+ - would LOL again.