PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

F@ BANKZ
03-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I was just doing my coursework when in a dark corner of the room my cat was doing, well, something odd. I turned on the light and he threw a mouse around for a second. He looked at me triumphantly, and then (weirdness stars here) the mouse stood up, still alive by some bizarre stroke of luck. Moreover, by some other miracle, my usually slow self had the celerity and reflexes to get hold of the cat before it could move towards the mouse. I suppose that I had some sort of natural objection to letting my cat slaughter this mouse in front of me, so I strengthened my hold on him and the ungrateful vermin ran behind my desk.

I took the cat to the other room and everybody in the family agreed to let the cat back in, but I objected under the principal it would be a major psychological disruption to my coursework. Right now, there's a mouse, somehow still alive behind my desk and a cat craving for redemtion at my door. I ask myself what a man does in such a situation, the answer, he turns to BBS of course.

What do I do now?

Homer
03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Check your inventory.

Cock Joke
03-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hire a mouse exterminator!

sk8ter-hater
03-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Go Dennis

nameless
03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
not sure if you sorted it but either way your mind seemed to have wandered from the coursework matter, you were worried about the live mouse and what the cat might do to it so you couldnt really win!

batfish
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
You might have to kill the mouse yourself if it's injured. Or get your family to kill it; if they're taking such responsibility for the cat in letting it back in.

Is the cat craving redemption or the mouse?

wheelchairman
03-09-2008, 05:14 PM
wtf? should've let the cat kill the mouse.

If not in your room, then outside or something.

holland25
03-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Well, the mouse will die either way if it's injured by a cat, so the best thing you could have done was to kill it and don't let it suffer.

MrJoe
03-10-2008, 05:05 AM
*cue for Tom & Jerry Kids music.

JoY
03-10-2008, 05:20 AM
I ask myself what a man does in such a situation, the answer, he turns to BBS of course.

What do I do now?

dude, hahaha!

option 1: take your coursework to another room & leave the cat outside the room until you've moved all the stuff you're going to need. after this, mr. Man, you can let the cat in your room to slaughter the little bastard & you won't even have to see it.

option 2: it won't take very long. a cat usually likes to toy around with its food for a little while, while it's still alive, before sinking its teeth in it. you know how it goes. man up & force yourself to watch it.

option 3: lock your cat outside the room & set a mousetrap with a good chunk of cheese. it'll be dead in a second without suffering the evil cat-game.

option 4: you're the feminine kind of guy who loves animals & you set an animal-friendly mousetrap, the one with a little cage. the mouse falls for it, locks itself in, gets terrified, with its little heart racing & it poops its new tiny habitat to shit with fear. if you don't find it in time to release it somewhere far away, it'll die a slow, painful death from dehydration.

option 5: take a sword, like my roommate once did, & kill it yourself, quickly & painless. but at least it'll sound manly.

Sunny
03-10-2008, 07:07 AM
hm. find the mouse and let it outside? if it's injured, it might be the best thing to put it out of its misery.

it's fucking awful when you realize your pet is a predator. lol. back when i lived in the 'burbs, my terrier had a lovely habit of proudly bringing me magical gifts, some of them still steaming warm and dripping with blood. "oh... a rabbit head... you shouldn't have! oh and a tendon too!"

i am not manly or hardxcore, nor do i enjoy witnessing creatures being killed, so needless to say, i was quite disturbed.

JoY
03-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I once chose option 4 & it played out the way I described.:(

we had a dog that was always hunting for rabbits aswell. awful habit, but it wasn't as awful as when it found our friends' guinea pig. :/

nieh
03-10-2008, 07:32 AM
you're the feminine kind of guy who loves animals

Hey... :(

Jakebert
03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I just want to say that I'm really proud of the lack of lolcats in this thread. Good work, guys.

JoY
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey... :(

what? I just admitted to have used an animalfriendly mousetrap & I'm not a guy either.

holland25
03-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Well, it sounded like that you mean all the guys who love animals are feminine.

JoY
03-10-2008, 09:11 AM
ohhhhhhh, yeah, now I get it!

Rag Doll
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
this happens at my house in the winter all the time. we live in a wooded area, so every house around here gets mice in the winter. i have cats. cats like mice. etc. we always try to catch the mouse once the cat has it cornered or out in the open, and then let it loose right away in the woods. i hate when my cats end up killing them =(

nieh
03-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Especially when they give it to you like a present.

ad8
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, it seems to me like no one thought of the mental damage that is given to the cat if its food gets taken away. The mouse will die anyway, so let the cat back in and watch him have fun(even if afterwards the room will be drenched in blood);).

JohnnyNemesis
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
lack of lolcats

Fuck you:

http://i28.tinypic.com/14bp8pf.jpg

Jakebert
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
FUCK YOU RICKEY.

Especially when they give it to you like a present.

This reminds me of one of the only newer Family Guy jokes to actually make laugh, when Brian gives Lois a dead bird for Christmas.

Paint_It_Black
03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I had a mouse in my room once. I shot it through the neck with an air pistol. There were traps all over the house, so it was pretty much fucked anyway. Yet I still felt a twinge of guilt as it stared at me with those terrified, death-filled eyes.

Some people ask me how I could shoot that poor little mouse, but it was easy really. I just waited until he sat still.

Drafan
03-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey, anything new about the mouse? Has it gnawed your wires off? I think the cat is dumb anyway, isnīt going to finish the mouse.

F@ BANKZ
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey, anything new about the mouse? Has it gnawed your wires off? I think the cat is dumb anyway, isn´t going to finish the mouse.

Oh dear, that could be an actual risk.

Anyway I believe the mouse is still living or not behind this desk. I can't quite see but I moved the desk far enough forward to free the mouse should it have been trapped last night as I heard it moving just before I went to sleep last night. One of the reasons I was so determined to keep it alive (or as my mother put it, prolong its death) was that it was so fortunate to survive the wrath of my cat -who doesn't usually play- it would all seem like a waste to let the cat at it. Besides I don't think that the cat can get behind here.

Has anybody noticed how mice look real when they're not about to be killed, and like furry toys when they are? I don't know.
Also: Somebody start a pertition for bring Paint It Black back; it's against my senior-member morals to have two threads on a page at once.

Cock Joke
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I was searching for a lolcat to satisfy a few people when I came across this. HILARIOUS!!!

http://thegate.nationaljournal.com/images/bush_george_lolcat.jpg