PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

nieh
03-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Who in the fuck pays $140 for USED jeans!? Seriously. My friend uses ebay to sell all kinds of shit pretty much constantly and he's apparently sold old pairs of diesel jeans on there a few times and that's what they normally go for. I could buy 10 pairs of NEW jeans for that much money and be pretty much set for life.

wheelchairman
03-12-2008, 07:16 AM
My pair of jeans cost 140....DANISH CROWNS. BAM

Mota Boy
03-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Who in the fuck pays $140 for USED jeans!?Someone who wants to look like they paid $240 for jeans?

MrJoe
03-12-2008, 07:55 AM
True - the more worn and stained they look, the more you pay!

killer_queen
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, if they are designer jeans it doesn't sound that shocking. It's still stupid, though, but not shocking. I know someone who paid more than $150 for a used American Eagle bag. The original price must be something like $30 or something.

Sunny
03-12-2008, 10:28 AM
lols@american eagle.

but i've ever paid $90 or so for used jeans, so i don't think i should talk. ;x

H1T_That
03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Used??

Ergh. no.

nieh
03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
but i've ever paid $90 or so for used jeans, so i don't think i should talk. ;x
*h8*:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sunny
03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
i am a buttcake =/

ad8
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I think its pointless to buy old jeans for such a high price.
I mean if the one who buys it is a collector or something... I could maybe understand, but if it is someone who wants to wear them, it is totally pointless in my opinion.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I wanna fucking kill myself.

Offspring-Junkie
03-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Because of used jeans sold for $140? Nah, that can't be that bad.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2008, 08:19 AM
It can and is.

nieh
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
New jeans costing that much is insane enough as it is, but used ones just make it that much worse.

JoY
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
uhm, *raises hand* I'd pay that much for new jeans. yup. but a used pair? no way. you never know who's been in them, yuck.

nieh
03-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, but you'd probably still look incredible wearing a $15 pair of jeans or even nothing at all.

T-6005
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
My mother buys my clothing. She complains about the ragged state of my clothes whenever I come home (since I'm not big on paying attention to what I wear) and so to this day I only get new clothes when I go visit during holidays or the summer.

Basically, I would never pay for any clothing that said it was used over ebay. Don't you know the internet is full of creeps?

mrconeman
03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Used jeans...regardless of price it's kind of just...I dunno it grosses me out a little.

I mean...even if they were helluva cheap they'd have to be like...super jeans for me to express any interest.

Sunny
03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
do you people like... never go to vintage/second hand stores? omfg.

Jakebert
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I do most of my shopping at vintage stores. Good way to save money.

nieh
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm not scene enough to shop at thrift stores.

Sunny
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I do most of my shopping at vintage stores. Good way to save money.

that, and you can find crazy awesome stuff sometimes. TREASURE HUNT! which is why i don't get why people are like "eeeeeeew". it's not like you buy your tighty whiteys there or anything.

well, maybe some do. who knows!

killer_queen
03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
that, and you can find crazy awesome stuff sometimes. TREASURE HUNT! which is why i don't get why people are like "eeeeeeew". it's not like you buy your tighty whiteys there or anything.
I guess it's like peeing in the shower. You know that they're perfectly clean when they are washed but you just feel disgusted somehow.

By the way, I would spend $140 if the jeans were worn by certain people without underwear.

nieh
03-13-2008, 12:08 PM
So if I were to ebay the $15 pair of jeans I'm wearing right now, would you bid on them?

killer_queen
03-13-2008, 12:17 PM
If they are Diesel's jeans, why not?

nieh
03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
No, just regular jeans.

killer_queen
03-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I'll pass then. I can't wear ugly jeans even though they smell like you.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I do almost all my shopping at thrift stores. For those who find it gross, I suggest checking out this new invention all the movie stars are using. It's called a "washing machine". It's kind of amazing.

nieh
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
It's not 'ew, used pants = gross' that stops me from going to places like that. It's always irked me a bit when my rich friends talk about things they bought from goodwill when I know they have more than enough to shop other places (which they still do). It's like they go there for the novelty of it and in the process they're taking things that other people need more than they do. Me and my family have all had the occasional bit of money trouble over the years, but I've always figured other people have it worse and need the things at goodwill a lot more than I do. I'm not sure how much sense that makes.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I totally agree.

Homer
03-13-2008, 07:22 PM
I once bought a brown suit for 25 bucks at a thrift store.

Best decision of my life.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Yeah, but you'd probably still look incredible wearing a $15 pair of jeans or especially nothing at all.

Fixed.

I cannot contribute anything to this thread, except outraged rambling.

So I shall!
fgghterthhhh

Sunny
03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
It's not 'ew, used pants = gross' that stops me from going to places like that. It's always irked me a bit when my rich friends talk about things they bought from goodwill when I know they have more than enough to shop other places (which they still do). It's like they go there for the novelty of it and in the process they're taking things that other people need more than they do. Me and my family have all had the occasional bit of money trouble over the years, but I've always figured other people have it worse and need the things at goodwill a lot more than I do. I'm not sure how much sense that makes.

i think there's a big difference between goodwill/salvation army and the other thrift stores that tend to be popular among college kids (buffalo exchange, rags a go go, etc). the latter are generally aimed at people who want to find weird/unique stuff or pay less for designer items, so by shopping there one isn't really *taking away* from those in need.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Another thing I'd like to add to this thread is, for me, I'm happy to spend a lot of money on clothes as long as I get a lot of worth out of them. My general rule is for every pound spent, I get one week of wear. This is in real time, not the time I'm actually spent wearing them.

It works quite well - I paid 120 for my big greebo boots, and they've lasted over 3 years. My two favourite trousers both cost upwards of 45-50 - again, big greebo trousers - and both have lasted over a year and a half.

My problem with buying used jeans that cost that much is they've already had a dent in their lifespan, as it were. No matter how long they lasted, I could have got more cost-effectiveness out of them if they were bought new.

HornyPope
03-14-2008, 08:07 AM
My uncle bought me a pair of wrangler jeans once for 70 euros and I still wear them six years since... good buy, good buy.

My other pair is a levis I got for 50$. Then I have another pair of levis I bought when I gained weight but they drop off me now. Fuck.

This sums up my jeans shopping of the past five years.

Sunny
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
my jeans usually last 3 years or so regardless of whether they were born used or new. unless they were crap quality to begin with, in which case they get tossed a lot sooner (old navy, i'm looking at you). and in a lot of cases, quality denim kinda gets cooler with age.

usually when you buy stuff at a thrift store, it will be in almost new condition, so the lifespan issue isn't really a problem. especially if the jeans were well made in the first place.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2008, 08:19 AM
my jeans usually last 3 years or so regardless of whether they were born used or new. unless they were crap quality to begin with, in which case they get tossed a lot sooner (old navy, i'm looking at you). and in a lot of cases, quality denim kinda gets cooler with age.

usually when you buy stuff at a thrift store, it will be in almost new condition, so the lifespan issue isn't really a problem. especially if the jeans were well made in the first place.

Maybe it's just my experience, then. Every pair of used jeans I've ever had fell apart within a couple of months. Even the ones I had to just kick around the house in seemed to unravel before my very eyes.

Not that's I'm a big jeans person anyway. The big phag trousers with chains n' shit is my forte. I find they tend to last forever.

Link K2B
03-14-2008, 08:20 AM
We should just revert back to loincloths and ave done with it.

Sunny
03-14-2008, 08:23 AM
i'm down for loincloths. i'm so fucking short shopping for pants is a nightmare.

HornyPope
03-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Maybe it's just my experience, then. Every pair of used jeans I've ever had fell apart within a couple of months. Even the ones I had to just kick around the house in seemed to unravel before my very eyes.

Not that's I'm a big jeans person anyway. The big phag trousers with chains n' shit is my forte. I find they tend to last forever.

That's because she has this sweet and round ass that jeans just don't want to give up on. Every night when she takes the jeans off, you can hear the little fibers wallowing "no, please, just five more minutes", but then they cry in each other's arms and vow to only grow stronger for next time.

Sunny
03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
that's one of the more accurate assessments of my backside ever written. good job!

(it took all my strength not to bold the "ass" in assessments, be proud of me!)

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2008, 08:35 AM
So what you're saying is, I don't have a nice ass?

HornyPope
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
You're a guy. You're not supposed to have a nice ass. I do anyways, but that's because i'm the exception, not the rule. I punk!

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2008, 08:42 AM
so by shopping there one isn't really *taking away* from those in need.

It's not taking away from those in need that sucks, it's the whole "slumming it up" attitude/chic from people who are insanely rich that sucks. IMO, I don't think you're included in that category of scumbags, but I bet some of your friends are; we all have those kindsa friends, I think.

BTW, I'd like to add to my totally honest outrage at anyone spending more than $30 for a pair of jeans by saying that I might be a hypocrite. Well, sorta.

See, I'm poor, come from a poor family, and as such, have like...poor people ethics/spending habits no matter how well I'm doing financially (which has never been well). So even though I've never spent more than $50 on an article of clothing and probably never will, I WOULD, if I was rich, make an exception for sneakers. I just fucking love them. I'm big on shoes in general, but sneakers...love 'em.

I could be a kajillionaire and I'd disown my daughter if she spent more than $30 on a pair of jeans. But I would drop hundreds on a hot pair of kicks in no time at all.

EDIT: Actually, I have spent more than $50 on clothing. But only sneakers. Lawl.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Funnily enough Rick, I know people that feel the same way as you - they will only spend ridiculous amounts on footwear, myself included. Maybe we're all just women underneath.

You're a guy. You're not supposed to have a nice ass.

Not supposed to, but do. God loves me.

HornyPope
03-14-2008, 08:49 AM
You're American, Rick. You're (a) allowed to dress like shit and (b) you have access to classic, cheap denim which is where it's at. European jeans, from what I've seen, look like trash at the low price range, so if you want to look good, and you better, you have to automatically go for the higher price scales.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Ahhh, I didn't realize/think of that. Thanks for that bit of illumination.

Rag Doll
03-14-2008, 02:01 PM
i'm down for loincloths. i'm so fucking short shopping for pants is a nightmare.

fucking seriously. =( usually if i find the right lenth (which is a big IF), the style/color is bad =( uck.

Sunny
03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
if i do find the right length, and they're not totally hideous, they are often too small around the ass. like, won't zip up. apparently short people with buttocks are freaks of nature destined to go pantless.

even now, my jeans are rolled up... and i'm wearing heels. so hottiez. =/