PDA

View Full Version : Bearn achtai na feile Padraig!

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Cad é mar atá tú?

Yes. Happy St. Patrick's day, how are you all?
I hope I'm not the only one planning on getting ridiculously drunk in celebration, I think the day is celebrated in America?...anywhere else?

Anyway, yes, everyone can be Irish today, have a drink, I'll be starting soon.

Sunny
03-17-2008, 10:19 AM
i've been celebrating since saturday (got to see the pogues, lols). my coworkers and i contemplated going to the parade and getting wrecked instead of going to work... but we're totally responsible professionals so we didn't. =/

Splinter[PI]
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't celebrate it this year, but I promise, next year I'll celebrate...

I've drank enough from september to february. Drunk people & sober people and a felt pen --> lots of fun in the morning!!

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh ya, we celebrated Fake St.Patrick's day too.

You seen the Pogues? Was it the greatest live experiance ever? It was for me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Nope, I won't be celebrating it. For two reasons. a) I'm not Irish and my family isn't Irish, so there's no reason I should celebrate anything to do with Ireland (no offence coneman) and b) I don't need an excuse to get plastered.

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Nope, I won't be celebrating it. For two reasons. a) I'm not Irish and my family isn't Irish, so there's no reason I should celebrate anything to do with Ireland (no offence coneman)

That made me smile. None taken, I only get annoyed when people who have nothing to do with Ireland do claim to be Irish. Of course on St. Patrick's day they can though. Besides you're English, we're geographically sworn enemies, gtfo my day (I'm joking, obviously). Enjoy getting plastered!

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
yarr @ Paddy!

Happy Ireland Day though. And I shall enjoy getting plastered!

I may have a Guinness as a compromise.

Sunny
03-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh ya, we celebrated Fake St.Patrick's day too.

You seen the Pogues? Was it the greatest live experiance ever? It was for me.

oh my god you better believe it. just when i thought it couldn't get any more amazing, shane started spinning in a circle and then banging his head against the cymbals, mumbling drunkenly.

so happy.

another highlight of the evening: the crowds of irish people who damn near started a fucking riot when they realized all the venue had on tap was bud light and becks. ("no guiness? what do you MEAN no fucking guiness?")

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Shane is a fucking hero.

They only had Bud and Smirnoff when I seen them my second time, that was a major wtf. But we ended up stealing a whole tonne of Bud and getting plastered anyway.

It's fucking awesome how much they get the crowd going, definitely the best live band I've ever seen. Did they play fiesta last when they all start smashing they're skulls on beer trays?

Sunny
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
i had to leave before the end of it because i wasn't feeling well (stomach virus + shit beer = bad combination), so bah. i'm pretty sure they played it though... their setlist (and the order) wasn't exactly a surprise. ;p

i really liked the crowd, which is rarely the case. it seems like most bands i enjoy are also favored by grade a douchebags. food for thought.. =/

Blackball_
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
i hate st patricks day with a passion usually reserved for bad takeaway.

nothing i have ever seen anywhere is anything like ireland at all.. its the same as those shitty irish pubs you get in every city on the planet.. complete lame cliches. if i was irish, id probably be offended by them.

im not irish, or nigerian. pointless for me to celebrate such a fact. or even pretend, for one night, for the craic:rolleyes: .

how many st patricks day flags will you see? why is everything green? the st patricks cross is red and white. and i bet nobody will be saying a quiet word in his memory, or even know anything about him or what he did.

ehh. you all missed it by 2 days. it was on the 15th due to it clashing with some catholic bullshit. so i guess if the day doesnt matter, thus the reason doesnt matter, and youre all using today as an excuse to be... drunk? who needs that? st patricks day is up there with st valentines day on the "complete utter bollocks" chart of taking the pish and advertising/hoping people spend money/ on some pre-defined mostly meaningless date. (maybe to get the books lookin' rosey for the end of the financial year - i dont know.)

oh. the pogues suck. and shane macgowan is nothing but a scumbag and a drunk. if he was a bum on a street corner, youd wish he would hurry up and freeze to death (or atleast find another doorway to sit in;)) he isnt special because he is on a stage.

Sunny
03-17-2008, 11:24 AM
love, i suggest you have all that sand up your vagina looked at. it seems like it must hurt something awful.

Andy
03-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I read something today that St. Paddy's day isn't really St. Paddy's day this year, because of easter coming early or something like that.

Cock Joke
03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm wearing green, but that's about it. For the first time, St. Pat's is during my Spring Break, and at the beginning! That's awesome.

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I read something today that St. Paddy's day isn't really St. Paddy's day this year, because of easter coming early or something like that.

The Pope changed it to the 15th because of Holy week or something, but like, nobody actually cared. I just celebrated on Saturday, and I'm leaving to do so again once my pizza arrives and I eat it.

Llamas
03-17-2008, 12:20 PM
i hate st patricks day with a passion usually reserved for bad takeaway.

nothing i have ever seen anywhere is anything like ireland at all.. its the same as those shitty irish pubs you get in every city on the planet.. complete lame cliches. if i was irish, id probably be offended by them.

im not irish, or nigerian. pointless for me to celebrate such a fact. or even pretend, for one night, for the craic:rolleyes: .

how many st patricks day flags will you see? why is everything green? the st patricks cross is red and white. and i bet nobody will be saying a quiet word in his memory, or even know anything about him or what he did.

ehh. you all missed it by 2 days. it was on the 15th due to it clashing with some catholic bullshit. so i guess if the day doesnt matter, thus the reason doesnt matter, and youre all using today as an excuse to be... drunk? who needs that? st patricks day is up there with st valentines day on the "complete utter bollocks" chart of taking the pish and advertising/hoping people spend money/ on some pre-defined mostly meaningless date. (maybe to get the books lookin' rosey for the end of the financial year - i dont know.)

oh. the pogues suck. and shane macgowan is nothing but a scumbag and a drunk. if he was a bum on a street corner, youd wish he would hurry up and freeze to death (or atleast find another doorway to sit in;)) he isnt special because he is on a stage.

haha wowwwww. Sunny basically summed up my thoughts here. But holy crap, buddy. I wish you luck at finding something in life that makes you happy.

Vera
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Conie, do you actually speak Irish ..or Gaelic or whatever the hell you call that language. I know only one Irish person who actually knows it.

RickyCrack
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
hey dudes, i have something to confess.

I'm.. I'm Gaelic.

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Conie, do you actually speak Irish ..or Gaelic or whatever the hell you call that language. I know only one Irish person who actually knows it.

I have returned momentarily.

No, I don't speak it, it's a dying language really, but there are schools here that teach all their subjects in Gaelic, so most people here know a handful of people that speak it fluently. I mean I know it a little I studied it in school for awhile and was alright at it, but I never kept it on.

T-6005
03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I have one dollar. I can't afford to buy any beer, and it's making me sad. It's St. Patrick's Day, and although I've never put much stock into it I've always gotten drunk as a matter of course.

Vera
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Aww, that's a shame, from my Irish LJ friend's descriptions it sounds like a unique fun language. Like it has no "yes/no", you always have to answer with the verb... I love linguistic trivia like that.

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 08:26 PM
hi to therad it;'s it so it is.

I have had quite the st patricks dau, now it's tiem for some old songs and the last ofme bveer,

yes

Llamas
03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I <3 drunkman coneman.

mrconeman
03-17-2008, 08:34 PM
omgwjllove@;;maas

iloevilovelmmas.
:)Zd

diryty olsdtooowbn

leo3375
03-17-2008, 09:02 PM
All I did for St. Patrick's Day was wear a green shirt and drink a pint of Guinness.

Sinister
03-18-2008, 06:24 AM
I drank Goldschläger until I was tipsy just before going to bed. With Coneman's approval.

Andy
03-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I got drunk enough to hate myself at work, all in the name of St Paddy's day. My dad's side of the family are all from Ireland (now based in Glasgow), so I could legitimately get drunk I guess.

But I did learn the virtues of Lucozade in combating sickness.

Mota Boy
03-18-2008, 07:07 PM
what is this topic???

so i was reading this topic and i saw that it was in gaelic!!!! why?? this is not an american web?? :mad:

mrconeman
03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Gold .

0r4ng3
03-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Gaelic? I thought it was elvish!