PDA

View Full Version : Which will come first?

Little_Miss_1565
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Democracy in China, or Chinese Democracy?

leo3375
03-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Democracy in China, definitely.

0r4ng3
03-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Chinese Democracy in China.

Vera
03-30-2008, 03:56 AM

We have a winrar.

No, seriously, what with the Dr Pepper campaign, I think it'll finally come out late 2008. Somebody I know prophesized it's a surefire number one so Dr Pepper wants to get in on that, but I seriously think nowadays most people will download before buying to see if it's at all worth the big buck it'll probably cost.

Marco
03-30-2008, 04:10 AM
Chinese Democracy I think...

holland25
03-30-2008, 05:40 AM
Democracy in China is much more probable...

Cock Joke
03-30-2008, 07:55 AM
First hell will freeze over, then pigs will fly, then aliens will invade earth, THEN democracy in China, THEN Chinese Democracy.

nieh
03-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I dunno, is the U.S. planning on bombing China anytime soon? I mean, if I've learned one thing from our presence in Iraq it's that us bombing = instant democracy.

ad8
03-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Did anyone watch the south park episode "Imaginationland"? If this imaginationland was real, then Chinese Democracy would come before the democracy in China. I mean, did anyone think of democracy in China 18 years ago?:D

Little_Miss_1565
03-30-2008, 12:06 PM
I read somewhere that Chinese Democracy has already racked up $13 million in recording costs. If they sell it for $17.98, it will have to go platinum and then some to recoup, and that's just the wholesale cost of the album not counting Axl's cut, the producer's cut, the mixer's cut, etc. I have no doubt the album will sell more than a million copies, but I mean...damn.

I dunno, is the U.S. planning on bombing China anytime soon? I mean, if I've learned one thing from our presence in Iraq it's that us bombing = instant democracy.

*rimshot*

Well, if this bizness in Tibet keeps up, I'm not sure there will be any other choice! But considering how many incarnations of GNR there have been through the recording process, I mean, that's a pretty high percentage of dead. No one stays alive on GNR Island except Axl. Maybe the US should invade. I think there's a higher chance of success.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I have no doubt the album will sell more than a million copies, but I mean...damn.

I honestly don't see it going too much further past that, as bold a statement as that is. This hype began when Guns & Roses was relevant, and we're at a point where both Guns & Roses and rock music mean absolute shit in the national consciousness. That's talking about America, though. So I dunno, we'll see.

Jakebert
03-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I think with downloading and stuff it won't sell all that well. Those people that are curious about it no longer have to buy it to hear what it sounds like, and I think the majority of the audience are those types.

ad8
03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I think the majority of the downloaders will just be curious how an eighteen-year-old album sounds like:D

Yatesy
03-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I can't think of any company who would want to release it. As stated earlier in this thread, the album would have to sell beyond platinum to make any profit and with todays market to make it significantly past platinum status is nigh impossible due to the rate of people downloading music.

Cock Joke
03-30-2008, 02:02 PM
You know what they should do? Add a super-special-awesome-farout bonus that is exclusive to the CD and that you cannot get on the internet!

BOOM! Instant platinum record!!!

Harnum
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
You know what they should do? Add a super-special-awesome-farout bonus that is exclusive to the CD and that you cannot get on the internet!
That'sa pretty good idea. It will be shattered though when someone gets hold of that bonus and uploads it online and then we're back to square one!

leo3375
03-30-2008, 04:55 PM

http://www.ninwiki.com/images/c/c4/Photo-775145-775185.jpg

bouncingcoles
03-30-2008, 11:27 PM
chinese democracy is never going to come out. so stop talking about it.

Offspring-Junkie
03-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Democracy in China, definitely.

Yeah, definetly.

nieh
03-31-2008, 07:21 AM
I can't think of any company who would want to release it. As stated earlier in this thread, the album would have to sell beyond platinum to make any profit and with todays market to make it significantly past platinum status is nigh impossible due to the rate of people downloading music.

There's still enough rabid GNR/Axl fans out there to bring in decent enough album sales, plus people that grew up hearing GNR who will buy it simply for nostalgia reasons, plus enough people that would buy it out of curiosity despite the majority of curious people just downloading it for free. Plus I'm sure at least a few companies would be willing to use some of the songs for advertisements or movies which would bring in some extra revenue which means it'll still probably at least break even, even if it somehow doesn't go platinum in sales.

bouncingcoles
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
if they release that album it will just sound like an album that was supposed to come out over a decade ago.

Smash punker
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
I guess that the fucking communism won´t change soon. And I think that Chinese Democracy won´t be released soon too. :D