PDA

View Full Version : Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool.

WebDudette
03-31-2008, 11:10 PM
So, I picked up a couple of friends and we headed to the park to fuck around. We're there for about 30 minutes playing volleyball, football, and what not when we decided that shit sucks in the dark. We decided to play lava monster on the playground 'cause we OG like that. It was pretty awesome though ridiculously tiering we played for maybe and hour.

About 9 o'clock we call it quicks and I ask who is driving my truck home. Ryann said she would, this was a bad idea but I give her the keys anyway. As we are pulling out of the parking spot she is all worried and shit because she has never drove a truck. Of course we're fucking with her and telling her she is going to hit stuff (nothing in the parking lot). Just as we are pulling out the the parking lot she wrecks my shit on the fucking gate that they close when the park is closed.

I hear 'OH SHIT' and then a screeching noise. We get out and there is a decent sized dent and a HUGE and DEEP scratch.

Elias, Phil and I laughed. Ryann almost cried. I told her I wasn't too worried about it. The only problem I have it do I tell my dad I was driving and let him think I'm a horrible driver?

Or do I tell him someone else was driving, that she's really the one who wrecked my shit and let him know I let other people drive my truck?

Too long, didn't read:
Huge dent, not my fault. Tell my dad I did it, or tell him my friend did it and let him know other people drive my truck?

Llamas
03-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Are you drunk? haha. I've never seen you make so many spelling errors. :P

Anyway, I'd tell him you let your friend drive it. I think it's easier to say, "Hey, I won't let my friends drive my vehicles ever again" than "Hey, I promise to be a better driver and not hit shit again". Saying you did it makes you sound like a shitty and untrustworthy driver. Saying your friend did it makes it sound like you made a mistake in letting a friend drive it. Plus, you could make up a logical reason as to why you let her drive it. Like you were way too tired to drive and you thought it'd be safer to let someone more with it take the wheel.

WebDudette
03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Did I really? Neither I nor Firefox picked them up hmm...

I think I may go with that. I'm not too worried either way.

Llamas
03-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, not that it matters, but,

tiering

we played for maybe and hour.

we call it quicks

she has never drove a truck.

Just as we are pulling out the the parking lot

The only problem I have it

There might've been others, but those were the ones I noticed right away. haha. But yeah. I doubt your dad will be too pissed, though I don't know him or his relationship with you. It's probably not a huge deal... but probably better off going with the truth. Plus there's no risk of him finding out the that you lied later.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I think Brianna makes a good argument. I was gonna suggest the opposite, but after reading what she said I think she's right. Plus, I don't even have a fucking license (lol NYC BABY), so I am not the one to be giving out advice here anyways.

WebDudette
03-31-2008, 11:51 PM
Wow, damn. That is bad. Oh well to lazy to correct.

I was leaning that way in the first place because I don't want him to think I am a horrible driver.

Mota Boy
04-01-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't understand why you'd even consider lying, unless drugs are alcohol were involved. And even then, why make everything more complicated?

WebDudette
04-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Complicated? The long drawn out post?

Really, I wasn't sure if I should tell my dad that I let other people drive my truck.

Wolfbutter
04-01-2008, 01:25 PM
If my son came up to me with a crashed car and said "It wasn't me, it was my friend!", I wouldn't believe him.

ad8
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, I always go with the truth. I never lied to my parents about serious things and I got it all paid back later. Like, when I was 14 or so, I never threw partys without telling them and always told them that I'd be drinking alcohol. So today they are happy with me being honest and would buy alcohol for me if I ask them.:D But let's get back to the topic. (Tell em the truth)

RickyCrack
04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Just go with APRIL FOOOLZ

WebDudette
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Wolfbutter, my dad has no reason to not believe me.

I just told him I was tired and let Ryann drive even though she has never drove a truck. Basically he said 'Really, there isn't much we can do about it.'

The funny thing is he was going to have me buff out the scratches from trees and 4 wheeling today. Haha.

Mota Boy
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Complicated? The long drawn out post?

Really, I wasn't sure if I should tell my dad that I let other people drive my truck.Complicated as in telling the truth is always simpler - less things to remember (when you lie to have remember what actually happened, what you said happened, and who knows which is which), less problems down the road (parents usually aren't happy with being lied to).

It's your truck, you made a bad decision letting an inexperienced friend drive it at night while the vehicle was filled with other friends (young drivers are exponentially more likely to be in an accident as the number of passengers increases). You're dealing with the consequences. The other alternative is to bother with a lie at the expense of your own reputation as a driver (of your own vehicle, at that - it's much more understandable that someone unfamiliar with the truck would get into an accident than someone with experience driving it, your father might assume such a stupid mistake was the result of some other form of stupidity, such as showing off or drinking or whatnot). In my experience, telling the truth upfront and immediately turns out to be the best policy in the long run - you'd better have a fairly good reason for lying (white lies such as "not much happened at the party" aside).

Cock Joke
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
You should've told him that you didn't know how the dent got there! But judging from your previous post, it all seems like it went over well.