PDA

View Full Version : Fitna

JoY
04-04-2008, 03:10 AM
so a Dutch politician made a film titled Fitna. don't know if you've heard of if, but I'm fairly certain it's been in the news abroad. it was supposed to open our eyes, to see the horror that is the Islam, to convince everyone that immigration of Muslims has to stop & that we need to stop giving them full freedom to exercise their religion. (if I phrased that correctly)

when this film was in the making, there already were ongoing discussions if it would be ethical, without having seen the film & without exactly knowing what it was going to be like & about. there was so much discussion going on, that at some point in Afghanistan the Dutch flag was torched & aggressive expressions were flinged in our direction, all of this without the film even existing. yet.

now it exists, it appears to be nothing like anyone expected it to be. it's very mellow, amateuristic, like a powerpoint presentation, putting images of the past next to each other with mainly things we already knew. of course, after all the commotion, he didn't really need to bring out the entire film (of merely 15 minutes) at all, since the points on aggression were pretty much confirmed in advance.

the funny thing is, most of the Dutch seriously despise the guy. he isn't representative in the least. still, after the news that he was going to make this film, there was in response such an amount of aggression towards our entire country, that I was completely amazed.

thoughts.

HeadAroundU
04-04-2008, 05:13 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Mohammed.jpg

JoY
04-04-2008, 06:00 AM
thank you so much for your valuable contribution, HAU!

Vera
04-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I read it's basically just anti-Islam propaganda. In a ridiculously blatant way.

Honestly, most of such opinions sound like thinly veiled racism but eh.

ad8
04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
I would be fucking mad if one right-wing politician would ruin the reputation of my country in the islamic world...(Germany has had this before, but it was Germany's reputation in the whole world back then)

HeadAroundU
04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
thank you so much for your valuable contribution, HAU!
Well, he has a freedom of speech. Radical Muslims, instead of making a positive movie about Islam, they want to kill him. I'm with him and I love your country. ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Jihad.jpg

the Alternate
04-06-2008, 02:25 AM
I believe that Fitna is a reasonable effort to fight for European non-islamic authentity. He didn't do anything criminal. The Europeans must understand that the enemy knocking on their door is not the Soviets. Look at what's happening to Serbia. Do you want to walk in their shoes?! Albanians came on their land, captured it and now you, the "Western hemisphere" (as JFK once said) - you're promoting their independence. But who are them? The Terrorists, criminals, drug barons, people traders.
How many non assimilated arabians are living near your house? Do you think they even speak you language? They fight for their belief in non-terroristic way.But: They do not obey your laws. They do not respect your government. They do not speak your language. They have 5 or 6 kids when you have only one or two. And all you do - you feed them, guys. Your government is paying them transferts for umemployment.
If the most Europeans are so blind, someone should see through and try to wake up others. I talk to western Europe. Guys, isn't it a time to wake up and think again?

HornyPope
04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Haven't seen the film, but I expected it to be just as lame as you described it, Bella. Sounds like someone trying to be provocative for the sake of being provocative... only in a different context. Nothing new there.

I believe that Fitna is a reasonable effort to fight for European non-islamic authentity.

How is this a reasonable effort? What do you think the film maker is going to accomplish?

sKratch
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
the funny thing is, most of the Dutch seriously despise the guy. he isn't representative in the least. still, after the news that he was going to make this film, there was in response such an amount of aggression towards our entire country, that I was completely amazed.

thoughts.

Now you understand what it feels like to be an American.

JoY
04-07-2008, 10:09 AM
except in your country, every freaking dumbass feels like he has something to say that everybody has to listen to & will magically open the world's eyes.

you guys... I swear, I've gained so much respect for all in America who are awesome. you have SUCH complete idiots to ruin your country's reputation & yet you still remain awesome. not that I can't stick to my awesomeness anymore, but it hurts, man, I suddenly feel like.. I'm surrounded by idiots. you guys must suffer so deeply. respect, yo. *hugs*

Vlad, pretty much, yes. I can already picture his train of thoughts; "so wait a minute... if I'm the only one that sees the danger that is the Islam.. then everybody must've forgotten two aircrafts flew into the Twin Towers! *writescribblenote* aha! then that deserves a mention in my summery of Evil Things Muslims Have Done"

it's powerpointy like; "*picture* cutting up women's vaginas -- future of the Netherlands?"

not just that, but there were two rather crucial mistakes in his 15 minute film. first of all, he used the Danish cartoon without permission. second of all, several years ago a Dutch public figure was murdered by Mohammed B, because he was planning to make an anti-Islam film. some Dutch rapper had himself photographed in the same fashion as Mohammed B to provocate & Geert Wilders used THAT photo, saying it was Mohammed B. which is stupid, because the two don't really look alike, but even if they did, it's still stupid. now this rapper has stood up, saying; "you see? everyone with dark skin colour & a big nose looks like a Mohammed B to Dutch people!"

now not only the whole of Holland despises the man, but the entire Muslim community despises our country. well done! & hold on, isn't terrorism basically making a statement using terror to make people fear you? poor terrorists are out of a job these days, people like Wilders do it for them.

JoY
04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I almost forgot to mention what the end was like:
in 1945 Nazism was defeated in Europe
in 1989 communism was defeated in Europe
now the Islamic ideology has to be defeated
*"Fitna" changes in "Fin"*

what kind of comparison is that??

anyway, Vlad, if you're interested & got 15 minutes to waste:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3369102968312745410

Offspring-Junkie
04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Mohammed.jpg

You surely understand the differences between cultures and how to express the deeper meanings of its religions. Adorable.