PDA

View Full Version : A Wilhelm Scream

Kitten
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
A Wilhelm Scream are finally going to be touring in Australia for their Career Suicide album. Has anyone seen them live for this tour, and how did they sound?

jacknife737
04-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Haven't seen them live, so i can't say. However, i finally gave in and picked up Career Suicide and i'm still in shock..... what an amazing fucking record.

Kitten
04-25-2008, 12:00 AM
I know, if you like that album, you should try Mute Print. I saw them when they came down here with Less Than Jake, but that was a year and a half ago.

bouncingcoles
04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
they are fucking amazing live. iv seen them many times, including opening for the offspring at CBGBs. They have so much energy and go nuts! and they sound great. In fact im going to see them tomorrow at their hometown show!

Kitten
04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey bouncingcoles, are we going to get a rundown on the show?

bouncingcoles
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey bouncingcoles, are we going to get a rundown on the show?

it was sick. since it was the hometown show all their friends were there hammered and going nuts. iv seen them at the living room multiple times and every time its been out of control. There is like no security and the place is tiny so people just went nuts. do you wanna know what songs they played?

Kitten
05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes please, glad you had a good time there.

bouncingcoles
05-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes please, glad you had a good time there.

no specific order

we Built this city
the horse
5 to 9
jaws
wipe my ass with showbiz
mute print
famous friends fashion drunks
anchor end
the rip
the king is dead
killing it
the kids can eat
the soft sell
Me vs morrisey
hike
catharsis for dummies
and 1 more old one, i forget though!

Kitten
05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
no specific order

we Built this city
the horse
5 to 9
jaws
wipe my ass with showbiz
mute print
famous friends fashion drunks
anchor end
the rip
the king is dead
killing it
the kids can eat
the soft sell
Me vs morrisey
hike
catharsis for dummies
and 1 more old one, i forget though!

Sounds like a great setlist. I will have to try and keep track of the songs played in Sydney.

rickbuk
05-04-2008, 07:40 AM
hey guys you can check otu a brand new AOVM TV episode with the A Wilhelm Scream boys opver at there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfw4YhVfr-s

cheers!

jacknife737
09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Bump for new album news.

Writing time is my favorite part about being in a band. I love writing new songs with my friends and this is the second time writing with Brian and I am really looking forward to watching he and Nick further develop writing their parts together. This will be the first time writing with Mike (the fastest and flashiest player I've ever been in a band with since Brian) and I know he writes alot of material which is a new thing for me to have so much input already coming from the other players. I am stoked about it. Mike's songs are probably gonna necessitate me practicing my instrument which is nice. Dick! I know Nuno's been writing some lyrics so it will be great to have some more material come from him as I enjoy his writing when it comes. As for myself, I have alot of ideas brewing and alot of words written. All I need is a couple late nights to drive around New Bedford by myself to put some of them together. New Bedford inspires these songs in a way that I can't really explain. It's good to be home.

I have a feeling we're gonna have a fuckload of songs. We got like five going already (and a few that didn't get recorded for the last album which we're revamping), so we're looking at doing a few AWS projects that should be a blast to put together. Fuck, I even wanna do a covers record, I think that would be an interesting collection of songs! One thing at a time though, I'm rambling. That's why this is a blog. Fuck off.

So the next full length will be recorded in January at the Blasting Room with Bill and Jason once again. Once we have the label(s) figured out, you'll hear it here first, but I'd expect the new album in the Spring. (Start searching the pirate mp3 sites now.)

http://www.punknews.org/article/30523

0r4ng3
09-20-2008, 01:42 PM
That's awesome. I'm looking forward to the new album.

cool 2 hate 681
09-20-2008, 01:44 PM
i 2nd that i also hope it's on nitro

jacknife737
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
i 2nd that i also hope it's on nitro

Same with me, although i have a strong feeling they're going to be moving to one of the bigger indies, like Fat Wreck.

bighead384
09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I've discussed this before, but I'm still wondering if Nitro is putting out records anymore. The only record they put out in 2007 was A Wilhelm Scream, if I'm not mistaken. And they haven't put out anything in 2008.

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I've discussed this before, but I'm still wondering if Nitro is putting out records anymore. The only record they put out in 2007 was A Wilhelm Scream, if I'm not mistaken. And they haven't put out anything in 2008.

It's a label that's obviously been hit hard, but i don't really see it collapsing. They just need to sign some new material. As long as Dexter is interested in putting out music that he likes, Nitro will stick around.

bighead384
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
AWS released a new song on their Myspace. It was recorded for Career Suicide, but it got cut for whatever reason. It fucking ROCKS. Check it out, it's called "The I Hate Club". I actually like it better than most of the songs on CS.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=2232442

bighead384
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
It's a label that's obviously been hit hard, but i don't really see it collapsing. They just need to sign some new material. As long as Dexter is interested in putting out music that he likes, Nitro will stick around.

Psh...so much for this.

jacknife737
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
meh

In more interesting news, i picked Ruiner, and was surprised to hear slow/soft songs given how intense Career Suicide was.

bighead384
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
meh

In more interesting news, i picked Ruiner, and was surprised to hear slow/soft songs given how intense Career Suicide was.

I've had a "this is the best song in the world" phase with every song off Ruiner, except for that really soft one in the middle of the cd. Seriously. I'll never understand it, but I thought that cd was just ok the first time I heard it.

0r4ng3
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
My favorite from that album (and from A Wilhelm Scream in general) is The Kids Can Eat A Bag Of Dicks. Unfortunate name aside, it's an amazing song.

Ruiner is definitely my favorite AWS album. On Career Suicide it sounds like they tried too hard to be all fast and intense. They're all really good, though.

Outerspaceman21
01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
I love A Wilhelm Scream. I think all their albums are awesome. My favorite so far is Ruiner. Career Suicide and Mute Print, and The Benefits of Thinking Out Loud (Released under smaking isaiah) are pretty awesome as well.

My favorite songs, so far, are Famous Friends And Fashion Drunks, Anchor End, The Rip, The King Is Dead, The Soft Sell, Killing it, 5 To 9, These Dead Streets and I Wipe My Ass With Showbiz.

jacknife737
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
My favorite from that album is The Kids Can Eat A Bag Of Dicks. Unfortunate name aside, it's an amazing song.

This.

Congratulations is pretty good as well.

bighead384
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Ruiner is definitely my favorite AWS album. On Career Suicide it sounds like they tried too hard to be all fast and intense. They're all really good, though.
Yeah, Career Suicide is missing something that truly great albums have. Don't get me wrong, it's very close, but it's not quite there. It still rocks though.

My favorite songs, so far, are Famous Friends And Fashion Drunks, Anchor End, The Rip, The King Is Dead, The Soft Sell, Killing it, 5 To 9, These Dead Streets and I Wipe My Ass With Showbiz.
I appreciate different songs for different reasons, and it all depends what kind of mood I'm in. So it's hard to pick which songs are my favorite. Some songs just rock out (Me vs. Morrissey), some are complex punk rock masterpieces (The Horse). Get Mad, You Son of a Bitch is fucking AMAZING to me. You have to be driving, and you have to blast it to get the full effect though. The last 2 minutes are INTENSE. And just overall amazing.

Outerspaceman21
02-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, Career Suicide is missing something that truly great albums have. Don't get me wrong, it's very close, but it's not quite there. It still rocks though.

I appreciate different songs for different reasons, and it all depends what kind of mood I'm in. So it's hard to pick which songs are my favorite. Some songs just rock out (Me vs. Morrissey), some are complex punk rock masterpieces (The Horse). Get Mad, You Son of a Bitch is fucking AMAZING to me. You have to be driving, and you have to blast it to get the full effect though. The last 2 minutes are INTENSE. And just overall amazing.

Yeah, The Horse and Get Mad, You Son of a Bitch are fucking insane.

bighead384
02-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Good news, they're already demoing new shit: http://www.awilhelmscream.com/news.php

"The songs are fast, lengthy and cocky sounding so I don't think you guys will be disappointed."

Cocky sounding, eh? Well, this will be their first recording with new guitarist Mike Supina. I hear he's supposed to be sick, so I have high hopes.

0r4ng3
02-01-2009, 10:59 AM
A new guitarist in A Wilhelm Scream won't be too much of a change. Their new bassist, however, is such a huge step up from their old bassist. He's really good.

Little_Miss_1565
02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Ruiner is solid gold and I cannot fucking wait for this new album.

Outerspaceman21
02-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Good news, they're already demoing new shit: http://www.awilhelmscream.com/news.php

"The songs are fast, lengthy and cocky sounding so I don't think you guys will be disappointed."

Cocky sounding, eh? Well, this will be their first recording with new guitarist Mike Supina. I hear he's supposed to be sick, so I have high hopes.

Sweet, I can't wait.

cool 2 hate 681
02-01-2009, 04:15 PM
can't wait for the new AWS album hopefully it's even better then career suicide

bighead384
05-25-2009, 05:38 PM
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=134&title=reading_and_leeds_09_free_a_wilhelm_scre&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

New album: coming very soon

New EP: coming very soon

B-side from Career Suicide: follow that link!

Sweet.

Outerspaceman21
05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=134&title=reading_and_leeds_09_free_a_wilhelm_scre&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

New album: coming very soon

New EP: coming very soon

B-side from Career Suicide: follow that link!

Sweet.

FUCKING SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bighead

Little_Miss_1565
05-25-2009, 06:25 PM
I just noticed that the singer's wearing a Municipal Waste hat in their MySpace photo. <3 <3 <3!!!

Why haven't I seen them live yet?

Outerspaceman21
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
I just noticed that the singer's wearing a Municipal Waste hat in their MySpace photo. <3 <3 <3!!!

Why haven't I seen them live yet?

Damn good question. Why haven't I?

Oh, they haven't come near me in a while, thats why...

DAMN MY SMALL TOWN!!!

bighead384
05-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Ruiner stands as the album for which I changed my favorite songs from the album most.

Muni Waste is cool, but I got over them pretty fast. I think they're kind of one dimensional, although I didn't give their latest album much of a listen.

Rooster
05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Bump, didn't want to start a new thread.

Talked with their frontman after the gig (they played in Slovenia on saturday, as one of the supporting acts for Pennywise), and he mentioned they're planning to start recording in august. Time to start talking about a new album?

I'm only getting into them, so far i only have their self-titled EP (digipack). But i liked what i heard :)

jacknife737
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Just work your way back from the digital ep.

Career Suicide is so freaking good: glad to hear they're working on new stuff. I also really dug the digital ep: it's always nice to hear them do a slowish song.

Rooster
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I've heard about Career Suicide, my band's drummer said it's amazing. They sold it in vinyl form and i would buy it, unfortunately i wouldn't be able to play anywhere, as i don't have a turntable (at least yet). So i ended up buying just their self-titled EP CD, and Nuno signed it for me :). I told him i was rather a new fan, and he replied that this is what makes touring so awesome - meeting new people, new fans,... He told me to rip the songs from the CD and share them with others. The whole band seems to be a bunch of cool guys, they have great attitude.

I'll let the hype over this EP to wear off a bit, and then start checking thair older material. I'm really starting to like these guys.

My friend asked Nuno about new material (we met him outside, he went out for a smoke... actually he spent quite some time outside), and he replied they have some new songs, and about plans to start recording in august. This is probably great news for everyone, though i would still wait for an official statement by the band. Still, the source of this is pretty reliable, don't you think? :)

edit: Correction of the info - Nuno said they have some new material, and that they are planning to go to studio in august to work on it (i talked to my friend today again, he recalled the conversation better). But i guess this means that some recording will be involved too.

I'm loving the EP more and more...

nameless
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Bump, didn't want to start a new thread.

Talked with their frontman after the gig (they played in Slovenia on saturday, as one of the supporting acts for Pennywise), and he mentioned they're planning to start recording in august. Time to start talking about a new album?

I'm only getting into them, so far i only have their self-titled EP (digipack). But i liked what i heard :)

i shall be seeing them supporting pennywise soon as well, ive seen them once before but only as a support band though. they were ok but i never followed up on what they were doing!

Outerspaceman21
05-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Everything they do always impresses me. That EP was just 5 songs of pure awesome-ness.

Hell, I've even been listening to their cover song because they make it sound so good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_yAKqLWU04&feature=related

Rooster
05-07-2010, 01:16 AM
That EP was just 5 songs of pure awesome-ness.

Agreed 100%. I'm listening to it at least a few times a day in succession. It's just 17 minutes long, but those 17 minutes are brilliant. And it's also a grower. Too bad it came without a booklet though.

I wished they'd play Bulletproof Tiger, but they didn't. They played Australias and Skid Rock (of the songs from this EP). Still, the gig was unbelievable.

Outerspaceman21
05-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Agreed 100%. I'm listening to it at least a few times a day in succession. It's just 17 minutes long, but those 17 minutes are brilliant. And it's also a grower. Too bad it came without a booklet though.

I wished they'd play Bulletproof Tiger, but they didn't. They played Australias and Skid Rock (of the songs from this EP). Still, the gig was unbelievable.

Yeah, it's gonna be wicked if and when they come by my town.

Also, I don't think i've said it, but Australias has to be my favortie track.

Outerspaceman21
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
BUMP!!!!

New video for Australias, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj9BvC2CphU

Pretty fucking awesome, I have to say.

And if you missed it, Fun Time also had a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTae9qGUMiA

And, on what Raptor was saying about their next album, August is rapidly approaching. I hope they experiment more with the sound they had for their EP.

Rooster
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Yep, hopefully they'll start recording some stuff as Nuno said they were planning. He said they have some material to work on, and they'll go to the studio in August, though he didn't specifically say they'll start recording for a new album.

jacknife737
07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I really like the Australia video, these guys are just a lot of fun.

Really can't wait for the new album, do you know what label is releasing it? I'm hoping it's not on Paper and Plastic, since i'd really like a cd version.

cool 2 hate 681
07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
im pretty sure it will be on paper and plastic

Outerspaceman21
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
AWS's website is up and running now, which is cool. http://www.awilhelmscream.com/

It's confirmed, they are heading into the studio in august, which means the new album will be out sometime in the early fall. I'm stoked beyond belief to be having A Wilhelm Scream and The Offspring working on new material.

Rooster
07-11-2010, 01:37 AM
That's excellent news!

Plus it also means my information was correct, now this only confirmed it.

Outerspaceman21
02-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Update from AWS.

http://twitter.com/awilhelmscream

"WE ARE IN THE STUDIO. WE HAVE PRESSED RECORD"

Fuck yeah!

ThunderPX
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
I guess AWS are just so awesome that they can tweet while recording!

Outerspaceman21
03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Update on the new album

"We've got 10 on our "Mental-Whiteboard" but there are ideas kicking around that we're gonna develop as the recording process goes on. No title yet, but I PROMISE you that it will be better than "Tastes Like Shark" or "Masturbating In Antarctica""

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=162838547097060&topic=196

bighead384
12-16-2012, 03:32 PM
New song (although apparently I'm a bit late on this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcV7fWzOLLQ

Outerspaceman21
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
New song (although apparently I'm a bit late on this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcV7fWzOLLQ

Yeah, I just found out about it a couple days ago. It's been out for a month. Not sure how I missed it. With that aside, I really love this new song. Really looking forward to their next album.