PDA

View Full Version : Need good pop

BREAK
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't listen to the radio or follow the top 200 charts at all, so I have no idea what's popular now, let alone what's popular and also GOOD. You help me out, I'll be happy.

Some guidelines:

1) No rock music, k? Got enough of that. R&B, rap (as long as it's commercial rap), country, and straight-up pop pop are acceptable, provided they're successful.
2) Girl pop is preferred, but I'll take anything.
3) Also, please try to stay away from stuff that's generally respected by the critical establishment or otherwise is "cool" to like. I want some embarrassing shit, like what the pre-teenagers are listening to.
4) This request is for stuff that's current, but if you have something old that has somehow flown under my radar all these years, I'll take it.

Now hurry up and gimme something before my mood changes.

nieh
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm assuming you already know Lily Allen, but she fails requirement number 3 anyway (and maybe number 4 as her album is a couple years old). I can't think of anyone else at the moment.

BREAK
05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I only know that "You were fucking the girl next door" song. Not too impressed. Is her other stuff better?

nieh
05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
If you don't like that song or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORosVxIg8Tg) then you probably won't like much else by her.

JohnnyNemesis
05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Define "current". Do you mean within the past 2-3 years, or like, the past 6 months, or just since you stopped following the charts, or wha? Depending on what you mean, I might have some painfully obvious suggestions, but good ones nonetheless.

BREAK
05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I'll take anything since 2005. I know I've slept on lots of stuff since before then, but I at least want something that's still commercially viable. And really, the more obvious, the better. I'm tired of being ignorant.

Rag Doll
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
miley cyrus - see you again

*my best friend leslie says she's just being miley...*

anything britney spears from *blackout*...like uh...*piece of me* or *cold as ice*.

BREAK
05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
If you don't like that song or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORosVxIg8Tg) then you probably won't like much else by her.

The first 30 seconds of the video were funny, but the song sounds like Blondie without a distinctive singer. I checked out a couple of more videos, but this chick's just not connecting with me. Fuck, I wanted to like her.

miley cyrus - see you again

THIS is what I'm talking about. I hope the rest of her songs aren't as good, I've already lost too much respect for myself.

Those Britney songs are full of lulz, but that doesn't mean I'll listen to them often.

Oh hell, I should just allow rock recommendations. Makes no difference. So go ahead with those, they just better be really good.