zsk
05-03-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm a leftist,who else is a leftist?

Unnatural Disaster
05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Leftist, as in liberal? I guess I am...

HornyPope
05-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Come on, who else is a leftist? Come on, come clean.

IamSam
05-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh goody are we going to have a leftist burning?

HornyPope
05-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Depends. Are you a leftist?

IamSam
05-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm a moderate. I sit on the fence showing no backbone to pick a side.

Cock Joke
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM
No. I'm a righty. But my brother writes with his left hand!

That_Guy91
05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
No. I'm a righty. But my brother writes with his left hand!

I see where you're going with that, but could you try being funny instead?

Cock Joke
05-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Heh! Some people ya just can't please.

Llamas
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm moderate. And I don't sit on the fence on any topic. I have very defined opinions.

Extreme liberals are equally annoying as extreme conservatives.

IamSam
05-05-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm moderate. And I don't sit on the fence on any topic. I have very defined opinions.

Extreme liberals are equally annoying as extreme conservatives.

I was being facetious. I'm actually more Libertarian than anything.

ad8
05-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Well, I would count myself as mid-leftist. I really dislike extremists of any kinds, so I probably won't ever be a real left- or rightist. So I'm also kind of the no backbone type.

Llamas
05-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I was being facetious. I'm actually more Libertarian than anything.

Nah I figured you were kidding. I just also know that a lot of people actually do assume that moderate = no decision making or backbone.

I also would consider myself libertarian if I had to align myself with a political party. But I also know that libertarianism is not a realistic direction for this nation at this point in time.

Cobraken G
05-05-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm not really a political person (WTF am I looking at the "Politics" thread for then?). I just think the government should go to hell. What do you call that? Leftist? Anarchist? Meh I'm British, I don't give a bloody damn :)

Kaerren
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
There are different types of left and I think it's hard to pin point all of them. I don't like pigeon holing myself. I'm open minded, but I suppose I lean more towards the left (or my understanding of it.)

I too am British, but I really do give a damn. Keeping an eye on politics and the government is important to me.

wheelchairman
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I too am British, but I really do give a damn.

I like how being British and caring about politics is a contradiction.

el_monkey
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I would consider me as being a leftist, but neither communist or radical/extremist
I support a social democracy and rather fancy Theodor Adorno and the Frankfurter Schule, so my leftism results mainly in antifacism and not procommunism...so long

btw: when there is something about british politics in the german news, it's always about what a horrible disaster the latest elections have been for labour. seems all britons are voting labour down but they can somehow gather votes from out of their holes.
britons voters haven't got the point yet.

Kaerren
05-05-2008, 06:25 PM
seems all britons are voting labour down but they can somehow gather votes from out of their holes.

I beg your pardon el-monkey, could you re phrase that please? I don't understand what you meant.

HornyPope
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, I would count myself as mid-leftist. I really dislike extremists of any kinds, so I probably won't ever be a real left- or rightist. So I'm also kind of the no backbone type.

What if you witnessed some shocking injustices? Would you still remain indifferent?

Llamas
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I like how being British and caring about politics is a contradiction.

He was just responding to the other British guy who said he was British and didn't care about politics. He just said that he's also British, but unlike the other guy, he cares about politics. It makes sense. :)

ad8
05-06-2008, 02:24 AM
What if you witnessed some shocking injustices? Would you still remain indifferent?

I would try to find a fair solution. Sure I would be angry and sure I'd like to kill the people who are so injust, but I'd try to stay away and act righteous. And I know that I also hurt myself when being extremist.

el_monkey
05-06-2008, 04:44 AM
I beg your pardon el-monkey, could you re phrase that please? I don't understand what you meant.

yeah, maybe it sounds a little confusing.
I meant: when listening to german news you get the impression that labour is doing bad in every election that takes place. (due to one-sided reports or whatever) but still the england has a labour prime minister. that seems to be a contradiction (when you get your information from german sources only)

Mota Boy
05-06-2008, 06:39 AM
I'm a realistic utopian incentivist.

OffspringHead
05-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Left with a touch of right.

Dominion28
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Out of curiosity, are the British posters English? And if so, how do you view the pending refurendum in Scotland for the independance from the UK? Wil this factor in who you vote for when the next Westminster election rolls round?

I'm not just randomly asking, I'm looking for some people to discuss opinions with. Personally my views are that the division if the UK (giving Ireland Wales and Scotland independance) would allow for greater levels of cooperation between the four countries and allow for a sense of national identity that is present to come to the forward. (by national identity, I mean things like your passport saying English or Welsh as opposed to British, which I feel is outdated since the fall of the Empire).

what are your thoughts? Americans, having been through the business of splitting off from the old British Empire some couple of hundred years ago, what are your thoughts on it?

Paul

ps. sorry, my first post I know, but I'm in a thoughtful mood tonight. ;-)

Komaschwarz
05-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm a person, not a political ideology.