PDA

View Full Version : The BBS Mixtape

Vera
05-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Idea entirely credited to Bazza. :]

What is it?
A collection of mp3's performed by members of the forum. Probably going to be in a .zip/.rar file that people can download but I'll try to look at some "less-hassle" options, like if there's a website where you can make a playlist and play it in a flash player.. (imeem seems to be like this but of course I need everybody involved's permission to upload the tracks there.)

How many tracks?
Bazza says 20, I'm thinking 15 but I guess depends how many people submit/okay the use of their material. I think I'll try to persuade people to submit tracks to me at first but if it looks like nobody's coming forward, I'll try to ask people in person.

What are the qualifications?

Um, must be member of the forum, preferrably posts in not just this forum. Does not have to be a band.. Instrumental is okay, too (for example, I was thinking it would be cool to have one of those video game theme songs on the mix tape!).

Let's just say that as long as it doesn't literally hurt my ears to listen to it, I'll okay it. Oh and as much as I love Pay The Man, 13-minute tracks rarely work so the track should be within considerable limits.

Doesn't have to be a new track, you could have recorded it in 2006 as long as it's by you/your band.

I would love if it was more original songs than covers but I guess covers are okay, too. Let's say you have an okay original song and a kickass cover; please submit the okay original song. The idea is to get your voice heard! :]

I can't play an instrument but want to participate, can I?

Sure! I don't have Photoshop or PSP so it would be totally kickass if somebody with l33t photoshop skillz could make an album cover/track listing to the album!

Another idea is for somebody to record a spoken word intro ala Americana or Ixnay or Smash. Hey, if it worked for the Offspring, it can work for us! :D

How do I submit a track?

Upload an mp3 on yousendit.com/sendspace.com/megaupload.com or something similar, PM me with the link, track name & your band name/artist name - otherwise I'll just credit your username on the forums as the artist.

PM me here: http://www.offspring.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=115

Any deadlines?

I was thinking it could be cool to have this out before the new Offspring album - and I'm going to become very busy after June 7th so that sounds like a good date to release the thingy.

So let's say, all tracks should be submitted before June 1st but this is subject to change - depends on how many tracks we get. If we get 20 tracks before June 1st, then that's finito. If nobody PMs me, I'll PM people, and if nobody gets back to me by then, I'll have to conclude sad failure of this project. :[

But hopefully that won't happen and we'll get this done.

When all tracks are submitted, I'll listen to them and form a preferred order of listening (which may or may not suck) and pack them in a .rar/.zip and upload. :D

Before that, should any graphics-savvy people come forward, I'll PM them with the track listing and let them work out a cover.

Any questions, go ahead and ask. Let's make this happen. And thanks again to Bazza for the idea!

randman21
05-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for getting behind this concept. Somehow, I don't think you'll have any trouble filling up that tracklist. Few questions:

1) What format (wav, mp3, such) can the files be?
2) Is there a certain standard of quality expected of these tracks?
3) How many songs can we PM you? I would send two (hehe, of course, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to expect to see both on, but I'd let you choose which makes it).

This is one of your best ideas yet, Bazz.:D

EDIT: Alrighty, sounds good.

Vera
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I hope I don't have any trouble filling up the tracklist either..

1) I guess mp3 is preferred. I don't know much about sound quality but the main objective is that everybody can listen to it. I suppose .wav's okay, too, though.

2) Well, IMO 'punkrock elitism' is an oxymoron (yeah you heard me, NoFX!) and the project is basically about what punk at the core is about - making music because you want to. It's like Dexter in that NME thingy said, Offspring got started because they just wanted to play.

So I'm not going to be overly critical. You don't have to be Hendrix or anything. But if the recording is so low quality it's borderline painful to listen to, I'm not going to inflict it upon larger masses.

Basically; make sure it's your best song or one of your best songs. If you put any effort into it at all, I'm sure it'll go through.

Oh additionally; put up an estimated genre. I'm not really a musical expert and genre helps determine what you're trying to achieve so I won't mistake some distinct feature of your music as well, garbage. For example, if your band's style is screamo, then screaming as opposed to singing probably isn't optional. :]

3) One for now.. What you can do though, is send two, one of them an additional track. So that if I find it hard to get 20 tracks, I can put in some additional tracks to fill up the track list.

barangatang
05-04-2008, 11:28 AM
This sounds like a great idea, I hope enough people will participate. Coincidentally, I just recorded a song yesterday. I'll convert it to mp3 and send it to you, although I don't think anyone will find it any good. It's basically my friend playing random, melancholy acoustic guitar chords, with me playing slide over them with a wine bottle.

Bazza
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Many thanks to Vera for creating this thread, you've done a far better job than what I could ever do! And I'm liking the intro idea (an idea: could do an imitation of the Americana intro, but with different people saying each word to give it the same disjointed feel).

Randy: I'm expecting (in fact demanding) a song from you, especially since I've heard no news about an EP being in the works!

I hope lots of BBS band peoples get behind this, it could be a great way of getting their music heard by others. I'm pretty sure a large majority of the BBS don't venture into this area of the forum, so if you guys come up with the goods then I'm sure others will take notice.

Anyone who reads this and knows about BBS members who have a band/posted songs before please please please PM them so they are aware of the idea!

mrconeman
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'd be up for this, I have a recording of an acoustic instrumental I posted before, but have since re-recorded, I used it on another forums similar project.

I'll upload it somewhere and PM it, or whatever the threads instructions were I can't remember.

ad8
05-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Are stupid/fun songs allowed?

randman21
05-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Randy: I'm expecting (in fact demanding) a song from you, especially since I've heard no news about an EP being in the works!

:DThanks for the confidence. It's down to me and a drum machine now. Also, I'm waiting on some new sound equipment. Sooo, if I get that in the next week (which I plan to), I'll put something new on the mixtape. If not, it'll be an oldie but goodie.:cool:

darea
05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks Bazza, you gotta really push Randy to let you hear a new song. He's gotta be encouraged.

This idea of a mixtape sounds cool. Last time something like this happened it was on my old rap forum (I interviewed rappers for it) and the mixtape turned out really good (and the colour of the forum was red and black like here, lol).

T-6005
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd like to get in on this too - it sounds like fun.

Alas, I've been plagued with recording problems for a while, so I probably won't be contributing anything new. I could submit an old song or two, though.

Vera
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
T - old songs are a-okay. An good old song beats a badly recorded new one in this case. :]

Those who PM'ed songs, sorry I've been ignoring PM's .. I'll go sort out/download the tracks now, though!

Vera
05-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Are stupid/fun songs allowed?

All songs should be done in earnest. Tongue-in-cheek lyrics are okay but if you have a "la la la FART la la la ASS" with some very random guitar riff that sounds like zero effort, then no, that is not allowed.

coke_a_holic
05-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I have, like, 4 half-finished songs I still haven't completed; recording is nearly impossible at my house and I have no where else to do it. Hopefully I can finish in time for this, though.

Llamas
05-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Coneman pointed this thread out to me, and it sounds totally awesome. I'd love to get in on it. I actually just wrote a new song last week that I'm working on recording. I'll get it up sometime soon probably. :) Great idea, Bazza!

Vera
05-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Bumpity bump.

6/20 so far so keep 'em coming!

Splinter[PI]
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Well, this is a really cool idea, but my problems are:

1) I don't think some drums-only stuff could turn out good (maybe we could do something like Neocon?)
2) My recording quality is kinda poor I guess. If anyone has got any recording tips for me, tell me!

Maybe I could do a artwork... we'll see.

T-6005
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Is there any sort of time frame for this, by the way?

I'm really looking forward to it.

Vera
05-17-2008, 02:09 AM
Deadline is end of this month - or slightly later. I will kind of be out of town around 5/30-6/6 so I might be extending it.

It'll be out before the new Offspring album, regardless.

EDIT: Oh and the number of songs is 8 and that has multiple songs by some people... So if you only sent one song, feel free to send another. If you sent two, I probably dl'ed two.

PLZ KEEP EM COMING.

Splinter[PI]
05-17-2008, 05:19 AM
I'll try to make some artwork this week...

does anyone mind if I use the color scheme of the forum for the cover?

EDIT: I know that HAU's maybe gonna complain about it.

Splinter[PI]
05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Make some suggestions for the cover art!!

Please PM me!

mrconeman
05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Anything but the Offspring skull.

H1T_That
05-18-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't play any instruments or anything, so i can't contribute to this.

I'd love to hear the finished album though!

Llamas
05-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I've got two songs I'm gonna send. Feel free to only pick one to include. I'll hopefully get them uploaded in the next few days. :)

Who has contributed so far?

coke_a_holic
05-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Yo, hold a spot for me; I might not be able to get it recorded until the first week of June or something, but I should finish some stuff within the next few weeks.

randman21
05-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Who has contributed so far?

Vera, please don't answer this! I'd like it to be a surprise, actually.:)

Vera
05-27-2008, 02:58 AM
The folder has 10 songs so plz keep 'em coming!

Mike - great news, no prob, I think I will only get it up after 10th or so anyway. :]

Vera
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm going to try to get it up by or on the weekend, so hurry up if you're gonna send me something! :]

Bazza
06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
oooo. I was just about to bump this since I haven't seen much going on lately. Is it coming along nicely? If you need any help then I'm more than willing to offer.

I was potentially thinking about recording the one song I have written (the outcome of the 28day album challenge). However, a) it's not so great, and b) I suck at all things musical.

It would be cool if the finished product is up by sat night/sun morning, since after that I lose internet connection for quite some time :(

Thomas
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Aw, man. I just read this for the first time! Is it too late to participate? THe song I'm thinking of is from the band that I quit from (and then broke up afterward) but I'm very proud of this one song more so than all the others. There's another one that's not too bad, also.

Is it too late?

Bazza
06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I doubt it's too late. Just upload the song on sendspace/mediafire with the correct info (ie artist/song title) and pm the link to Vera (Sanni), and if it is of correct suitability then I'm sure she'll add it. What have you got to lose?!

Thomas
06-10-2008, 06:48 PM
haha. Alright. I'll do that.

Vera
06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the submissions, guys. Keep 'em coming, I've got a day off on Friday so I won't be putting it up until then at the absolute earliest..

Mike, you got something for me? :)

Homer
06-11-2008, 06:59 PM
If Mike's not on it, I would like, totally shoot myself.

coke_a_holic
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
FUCK! I'm home from the beach! And I completely forgot to send it to you! I need to relisten to and remix the tracks right now and I'll probably have it in by tonight.

I haven't slept in 24 hours, I feel like I'm dying, etc, etc.

Vera
06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
It's okay, I can wait until Sunday to upload it. :]

JoY
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
awesome idea! I'm curious how this will turn out.

Vera
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
It's okay, I can wait until Sunday to upload it. :]

Uhh make that Wednesday or Tuesday evening at the earliest...

offspringer24
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Uhh make that Wednesday or Tuesday evening at the earliest...

have you got a track listing yet? :D

T-6005
06-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Is the order by artist varied, or just his songs then her songs then that guy's then D-tox Rockers?

Farkn put it up already.

Splinter[PI]
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/108/bbspv6.jpg

I'm not sure at all about the skull, but I really like the red stuff...

and the font... I dunno, maybe I should change it.

Vera
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
OMG the red stuff is flash! Love it.

I'm sorry guys, I'll get this done tomorrow I promise. Diggin' on the new Offspring album + rl got in the way.

Splinter[PI]
06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not really sure about the skull... maybe I should make it red, and maybe even less visible...

offspringer24
06-20-2008, 12:25 AM
i like it, i think you should keep the offspring symbol too!

Splinter[PI]
06-20-2008, 01:57 AM
ok, I'm pretty sure about the image, so what about the text?

is our band called "The BBS"? and the album is called "mixtape"?

and what about the position of the text?

Superdope
06-20-2008, 04:13 AM
The "Band" should be called The BBS Mixtape

The album should be called The BBS Mixtape Vol. I

T-6005
06-20-2008, 05:21 AM
What it needs to do is come out. I want to hear all this biznass.

offspringer24
06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
the offspring should pay some interest too! i mean we have to put up with their music :D

Homer
06-20-2008, 05:05 PM
;1138986']ok, I'm pretty sure about the image, so what about the text?

For the font, search and download FrizQuadrata BT.

Your problems will be solved.

Splinter[PI]
06-21-2008, 02:07 AM
For the font, search and download FrizQuadrata BT.

Your problems will be solved.

The text is now in FrizQuadrata TT

have you got the FrizQuadrata BT font? What's the difference between TT and BT?

Homer
06-21-2008, 12:58 PM
;1139823']The text is now in FrizQuadrata TT

have you got the FrizQuadrata BT font? What's the difference between TT and BT?

I've never heard of a TT... so I don't know.

Anyways, here's the link. (http://www.free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/frizquadrata-bold-2956-download.htm)

Splinter[PI]
06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I've never heard of a TT... so I don't know.

Anyways, here's the link. (http://www.free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/frizquadrata-bold-2956-download.htm)

thank you, but I've got a problem with using the font in photoshop...

If I write something and press the space bar, the space between the two words is increased many times over the normal space.

I use Photoshop CS3, if this helps someone...

Homer
06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, that's the problem with that font.

Just make two different text boxes for the two words.

Bazza
06-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Looks like it may be 3months before I get my hands on the mix tape, since I lose all internet within the hour :(
So here's an advanced request, can someone upload it on the 1st of September!!

Vera
06-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Awww, shit, Bazza. If anybody knows his address, can you burn this on a CD and send him or something? He's the man behind the thought and my laziness + busyness + sickness cost him the experience of hearing it the second it's out.

..which is now!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NF3KGGZP
OR
http://www.mediafire.com/?0wkn11vlmd2

http://i27.tinypic.com/2dh5lox.png

The graphics folks can work out a back cover for the album! It starts off with some old-fashioned punkrock tracks, then moves onto more smooth sounds, Conie's instrumental track is like an interval after which Chrono Trigger kicks your face on and them Da Pantz and Switchblade Masquarade serve us some electronic awesome. Then back to instrumental with T's track and finally, the only non-English track, llamas' Ich muss früh raus as an outro.

I only kept one track per person except Homer's band is responsible for both their original song and the Chrono Trigger cover because I couldn't resist, videogame songs in punkrock form are awesome.

I almost stuck in another punkrocked videogame tune, You're Not alone from Final Fantasy 9 as an outro but I figured I shouldn't keep it in based purely on my own biases but if some of you guys want it as a bonus or whatever: http://www.mediafire.com/?x9dhybew0fl

GET IT!

mrconeman
06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Awesome, just downloaded, listening now.

Homer
06-22-2008, 03:26 PM
It's downloading riiiiiight n- no... ... now!

EDIT: My favorite part is how everyone's album art is Da Pantz. Damn you, Ricky!

randman21
06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Yee haw! First track.

Damn, gotta leave for work, like, now, but I can't wait to hear these fine songs.:D

What I can notice, though, is a lack of anything from no_way. Guess she hasn't been around for a while, but she is seriously good.

Superdope
06-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Awesome!
I'll give this a listen when I get back from my exam in greek mythology. :)

Vera
06-23-2008, 03:12 AM
What I can notice, though, is a lack of anything from no_way. Guess she hasn't been around for a while, but she is seriously good.

Aw, shame. This was based on activity from your guys' part so I didn't go hunting for tracks from people who didn't submit any. But hopefully we can pull together another one someday and feature more good songs from more users. :]

Superdope
06-23-2008, 06:34 AM
I'm definitely up for another round sometime. Heck, maybe I'll even be creative and not just make another cover!

I just finished listening to the mix, and I have to say, that there's some really great stuff on there. You guys are pretty talented!

Llamas
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Shit, my song is such terrible quality in comparison to the rest of this!! I'm embarrassed. If there's ever a follow-up, I will have to put a LOT more effort into it than just recording whatever comes up...

In short, this is good. There are some talented folks here, some that I definitely didn't know about!

Is there a chance the people who contributed that aren't listed by their username or aren't obvious (aka besides myself, Coney, Thibault, Ricky) could speak up and say what song they contributed??

JohnnyNemesis
06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm excited to listen to the album soon enough! I've downloaded it but I haven't had a chance to actually listen to it. And for those that don't know, I'm DaPantz (it's obvious to some, but not all). I hope you enjoy my contribution.

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
This is awesome!! Way to be Vera.

IamSam
06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Coneman's track is all sorts of awesome.

Everyone did a great job on this! Congrats!

Homer
06-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I listened. I creamed. I - wait, ew.

Anyways, 'twas good, and like illovellamas stated, there was some stuff I didn't know about.

Superdope
06-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Shit, my song is such terrible quality in comparison to the rest of this!! I'm embarrassed. If there's ever a follow-up, I will have to put a LOT more effort into it than just recording whatever comes up...

In short, this is good. There are some talented folks here, some that I definitely didn't know about!

Is there a chance the people who contributed that aren't listed by their username or aren't obvious (aka besides myself, Coney, Thibault, Ricky) could speak up and say what song they contributed??

I feel the same way. My track sucks compared to the awesomeness on the rest of the mixtape. I did the Auto Pilot cover, by the way.

Vera
06-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Credit not only me but Bazza, too.

And yeah, there were some real surprises on the album. I expect llamas' to be the only female sung track on the album but turns out Switchblade Masquarade (sheepy's band!) has a female vocalist and a very talented one at that.

Brianna, sorry I didn't pick a better quality track by you, I listened to them all and just thought a German track that had that sort of tempo would make the mixtape more interesting.

randman21
06-24-2008, 08:17 AM
This was a success! If I hadn't made it obvious before, I'm First in Flight.

Brianna, I think this song was the best quality of any of yours I've heard. Overall, I didn't expect there to be many things I hadn't heard, since I practically live in the Your Band section. Pleasant surprises all 'round, though. I enjoyed Nightlife and Breezygoing (mad <333s to Coneman) the most.

Splinter[PI]
06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
the tracks sound awesome.

here are my cover attempts:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5426/bbswm5.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbswm5.jpg)
the first one. I personally don't really like the font, maybe too big.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5085/bbscolourfontdl0.th.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbscolourfontdl0.jpg)
the second one. I messed around with the font size and colour. I don't think it's the best.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6198/bbsgasmaskme3.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsgasmaskme3.jpg)
I tried another font instead of FrizQuadrata BT. I like this one.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/636/bbsgasmaskmoreredac9.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsgasmaskmoreredac9.jpg)
same cover, more red stuff...

Tell me what you think!

darea
06-25-2008, 07:28 PM
;1143780']the tracks sound awesome.

here are my cover attempts:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5426/bbswm5.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbswm5.jpg)
the first one. I personally don't really like the font, maybe too big.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5085/bbscolourfontdl0.th.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbscolourfontdl0.jpg)
the second one. I messed around with the font size and colour. I don't think it's the best.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6198/bbsgasmaskme3.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsgasmaskme3.jpg)
I tried another font instead of FrizQuadrata BT. I like this one.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/636/bbsgasmaskmoreredac9.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsgasmaskmoreredac9.jpg)
same cover, more red stuff...

Tell me what you think!

I really like the fourth one! But I guess its not up to me to decide...

Splinter[PI]
06-27-2008, 02:12 AM
*push*

come on, I/we need opinions!

mrconeman
06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Right, on to the track by track then, I have to say overall I'm impressed, I know theres some good players on here, but honestly, considering the source of the tracks, I really wasn't expecting much...and again other than a few obvious ones, I haven't payed attention to who submitted what, but here we go. I'll try to be honest.

First in Flight - Big As Life. - 5/10
This really reminds me of something, I can't put my finger on it, kinda has a pop-punk and indie-rock feel, like the delay guitar tone, which is odd, I normally hate that sort of carry on riff. Singing is badly recorded, and not that great to be honest. Generic, but it's not bad.

D-Tox - Forbidden. www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers/10
Haha, hey look, I checked out your band.
But no honestly, I was expecting comedically bad due to the bbs meme, but this reminds me of that band P.O.D and the singing had shades of Davey Havock I thought, again kinda generic but not bad at all, the bass stood out the most.

Against Belief - Legal Action. - trupunx/10
Sounds like something my best friend would dig, we have polar opposite music tastes, I don't mean that to sound cruel, I just mean this really isn't my thing, but I can see where you're coming from with it.

Mike Radick - Sleep is For The Rich - 6.5/10
I like how this was recorded, and again quirky in your usual style, the clean guitar worked really well with the stabs of distortion I thought, and then the horns come in and just take it to a whole other place, haha, so weird, but great. A few wtf moments with the vocals, but excusable.

Thomas Rasmussen - Autopilot. 7/10
Lot of potential I think, you could do some great things to beef this track up, I'm hearing twelve string backwards struck chords over the new chord changes or something, I dunno. But I like this, it's chill, getting a cowboy feel. Vocals need more balls though, push it, that comment makes me a hypocrit because I do the exact same thing, but yeah.

Mrconeman - Breezygoing....
Uhh, I guess I'll write a little about it instead of review it. I wrote this song completely wrecked somewhere between Sunday and Monday after three days partying, felt like I was in a weird place and needed the guitar to get my head straight, I came up with the little pull off bit and just jammed on it for like 15 minutes and I had it written, it's probably my favourite thing I've ever wrote because it leaves so much room for improvisation, no two performances of it are ever exactly the same, alot of people say it's like John Butler, I was listening to him alot at the time, but honestly it just sounds like instrumental acoustic guitar with Irish influence to me. Overall I like it, but it's improved since this recording was a few months ago, but enough about me. I'm very appreciative that people seem to be digging it, really.

Against Belief - Chrono Trigger Battle Theme - 9/10
Now that's what I'm fucking talking about, this is brilliantly arranged, brilliantly played, brilliantly recorded, and just brilliant in general, seriously, well done, nailed it!

Nightlife - Dapantz - 8.win/10
Really wasn't sure what to expect with this because I hadn't checked you out before this, Rickityrick. That little keyboard bit is so damn funky, the harder bits that edge towards proper electro/dance music I wasn't fond of, and the percussion could sound a little more full. But those melodies and arpeggios late on are fucking stellar, some serious SNES shit going there, awesome job overall.

Switchblade Masquerade - It's Not Written - 7.5/10
Electro rock, female vocals, soaring electro keyboard mixed with guitar. This is everything I shouldn't like, someone explain why I think it's so awesome...
It sounds extremely professional too, job well done seriously, the production is great on this, really liked that weeeeeooooodudledooweeeeooo melody.

Thibault Kervarech - Plaqout - 10/10
Thi has always been my favourite BBS musician, and this is why, this just appeals to me, it's the sort of track that if I were to write, I'd want it to come out exactly like this, wouldn't change a thing musically, though as I told you before I'd love to hear a ripping guitar solo over this. But seriously this is brilliantly atmospheric, and I love the guitar and keyboard intermelodies, good job on those pinch harmonics too, you were saying you were struggling with those, I know you were saying you cheated to get them a little, but still nice sound off them.

ilovellamas - Ich muss fruh raus. - 6/10
I'll admit the language barrier does make this a little harder to get into, your voice sounded a little strained on the higher notes too, but this is definitely the best guitar recording I've heard from you, you're certaintly coming along!
I liked the *strumstrum* SING *strumstrum* action.

I'll be listening to a few of these on the regular I think, namely Plaqout, Nightlife and Chrono Trigger.

Splinter[PI]
06-27-2008, 08:16 AM
thanks to mrconeman for doing a review, but I really need a decision on the cover... so I can make a back cover for the mixtape! I need a decision at least until end of next week...

actually I'm just annoying you with deadlines, so fuck you for reading this.

Llamas
06-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Nice review, coney. And I appreciate your honesty on my track.

Now it's time for the llamareview! I'm attempting the same level of honesty, and going to not be biased toward people I like/people I don't like.

1. Big as Life - First in Flight 6/10

It's not a bad song. The quality is decent, but the voice is very muddled, which makes it hard to listen to. I like the feel of the song, and it definitely has some interesting things hidden in it... if the voice was recorded better, it would help a lot. It's a catchy pop-punk song, but nothing really stand-out.

2. Forbidden - D-tox Rockers 4/10

It's better than I expected from this band. I was surprised it was listenable, to be honest. But I don't really dig it. I like the drums in the intro... well the whole intro is kinda neat. But the singer's voice really irritates me. The whole song is quite generic. The intro makes it sound like it's gonna go somewhere, and then it doesn't.

3. Legal Action - Against Belief 3/10

I just don't like it. :-/ It's not even that it's generic punk... the voice annoys me, and it just feels really cheesy to me. It's not a terrible song, but it borders on unlistenable to me. I understand that some people dig this kinda music, but it's just not my thing.

4. Sleep is for the Rich - Mike Radack 6/10

I like the music. It's interesting/clever, and just plain pretty in some parts. Unfortunately, I really dislike your voice. I honestly think it'd be awesome if you stuck to writing instrumental music, because the song itself is really good. Without the vocals, this song would be 8/10. I'm curious if all the instruments were played by you. The horns, guitars, drums, etc. The drums sound fake... but the rest?

5. Auto Pilot - Thomas Rasmussen 7/10

Sing out! You are not sure of yourself, and you need to just belt it out! The guitar counter-melody is too much louder than the chords... but it's a good song. I could like this with a better recording.

6. Breezygoing - Coneman 8.5/10

This might be a 9/10. It's very good. Light, smooth, pretty, unique. I think it could use further instrumentation; I hear in my head cello in the background. Piano could sound amazing, too. But as is, it's a very nice song. PS I really like the part about 3:30 in.

7. Chronotrigger - Against Belief 8/10
Well it's been brought to my attention that this is a cover. I really like this song, though, and it is shocking this is the same band as track 3. Very good song. Do more like this.

8. Nightlife - DaPantz 6.5/10

The title is very suiting to the song's feel. I'm not a huge fan of this style of music, and it kinda drags on for me because of this. I could picture this song working really well in a video game. I imagine it in a racing game.

9. It's Not Written - Switchblade Masquerade 9/10

I totally love this. Okay, it's my favorite song on here. It really does sound professional, as coney said. I like the singer's voice a lot, and the atmosphere of the song is awesome. I'd like to hear more from this band...

10. Plaquot - Thibault Kervarech 8/10

Yep, I dig it. It's got the prog rock feel, well implemented electronic sounds, nice plays between darker and lighter themes, nice melodies and harmonies... it just gets kind of repetitive after the first like minute and a half. It's a very good track, though, and I'd like to hear more from you in the future.

11. Ich muss früh raus

Well no rating here. :P But as coneman did, I could give a little description.
Due to the language barrier, a brief explanation of what the song is about:
The title means "I have to get out soon", and the chorus says "An idea bites the next one in the neck, like animals when they want to make love but don't comply. I'm dizzy, I want to get up, thoughts are ass violins (there's no actual translation for this word... kinda means motherfuckers), only possibly louder, and fewer are willing to listen for a moment" Basically, it's about being stuck in a rut and needing to get out; having ideas, but letting them bog you down and feel like you're worthless and will never accomplish anything.
I only learned this song very recently, and have a lot I'd like to add to it. It's a cover of a song by Judith Holofernes. Her version is just voice and an acoustic guitar, but I feel it with some stuff added. This was actually the first/only recording I made of it, and I was going to redo it, but it was getting too close to when Vera wanted the final copy. I didn't expect her to pick this one, haha, but I think it's a really well-written song.

Yea for the mixtape! I was impressed, and look forward to another one in the future!

Thomas
06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
*sigh*

I wish I could get my computer to work so I could have properly uploaded my old band's song. This looks like a realy great compilation to take part of.

When do you think the next BBS Mixtape will be? I'll try to record a solo or something for that one.

Superdope
06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
;1145182']*push*

come on, I/we need opinions!

Out of the four you posted, I like the last one the most. I'm kinda wondering how it would look if the background was completely black, without the Offspring logo, but both would be great :)

I'll see if I can pull myself together to write a review of the mixtape sometime next week, because it definitely deserves it. U guys, like, totally rock!

Splinter[PI]
06-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Out of the four you posted, I like the last one the most. I'm kinda wondering how it would look if the background was completely black, without the Offspring logo, but both would be great :)

I'll see if I can pull myself together to write a review of the mixtape sometime next week, because it definitely deserves it. U guys, like, totally rock!

here ya go:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6296/bbsgasmaskmorerednoskulwt7.th.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsgasmaskmorerednoskulwt7.jpg)

JoY
06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
the offspring should pay some interest too! i mean we have to put up with their music :D

good point. ;p

dude, listening right now. awwwwwwwwsooooome!!!!!! somehow, for no real reason in particular, this shit makes me sentimental.
<3333 for Bazza & Sanni.

Andy
06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
My band's latest EP will be ready in a month or so; so hopefully v.2 will contain some Conks!

JoY
06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
omg, v.2 is theoretically already almost done!

I'm loving this.<3
why yes, more hearts for this topic.

coke_a_holic
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I feel bad because I haven't put in time to listen to this yet, but I will soon.

I put in Sleep Is For The Rich, I will agree that my voice is relatively terrible, but I like writing words so much that I don't really... care. I dunno, I hope people can enjoy the music through the screaming about Arabian forms of punishment. There's a hilarious back-story to the hand-chopping, but it's only really funny to me, so I'll spare you.

I'll download this either tomorrow or in... a month.

Oh, llamas: I played all the instruments, but I used a keyboard to simulate the horns and cut and pasted drum loops for the drums.

Vera
06-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Superdope, I don't think people need to vote to pick the one they like best.. I mean, it's just minor differences in fonts and shit. If anybody wants to put the image up as the album cover for the mixtape on itunes, they can. The rest can just look at the pretty cover. Or burn it on a cd, print that pic out if you want to be 90's about it. :]

Nice reviews, guys. I agree that Switchblade Masqurade surprised me the most positively. I just visited their MySpace and suddenly the singer's accent makes sense - Scottish electro ftw! (I also like that when I googled the name, our board was one of the first hits.)

I could do a review myself or just explain why I picked each song but quite simply put I just picked the songs I liked the best AND the ones I thought would give the whole mixtape an interesting variety.

Superdope
06-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Superdope, I don't think people need to vote to pick the one they like best.. I mean, it's just minor differences in fonts and shit. If anybody wants to put the image up as the album cover for the mixtape on itunes, they can. The rest can just look at the pretty cover. Or burn it on a cd, print that pic out if you want to be 90's about it. :]

Pfftt... be 90's about it... I think not!

Now where's my damn pogs?

Homer
06-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Alright, here's my honest review, no favorites:

1. Big as Life - First in Flight 6.5/10

Alright, I'll be the first to admit it, this song was pretty damn good. The only problem with it is the production qualities. Get a better microphone, dammit! Also, get a better drum machine (I recommend Acoustica Beatcraft). But, looking past that, it's a great song, albeit a generic one, but sometimes it's good to follow the formula. Good job.

2. Forbidden - D-tox Rockers 5/10

Along with everyone else, I had low expectations because of the meme. However, I was pleasantly surprised by two things: the production qualities, and the solidarity of the band. It just works. However, the only problem is that it doesn't really have that 'edge' for me. It just doesn't do it for me, but then again it might be the placement on the track-list. It seems more like a song that'd fit in the middle.

3. Legal Action - Against Belief -6/10

God, this song fucking sucks. So, let me explain myself: This is kind of a departure from my more melodic stuff, as I was just getting into the Dead Kennedys at the time of writing this one. I recorded it in between classes in a span of two days at my school, and I was just coming out of a cold, hence the raspy-ness of the voice. I like the lo-fi sound it has, the directness of the lyrics (my most 'direct', by the way), and the fact that the structure of the song sounds like it was poorly put together. Trupunx indeed.

4. Sleep is for the Rich - Mike Radack 9/10

As a member of the Mike fan club and the co-promoter for the Against Belief and Mike and The Incompl World Tour, I must say, I like this one. The timing issues are finally fixed, there are vocals, and it just sounds complete. I like the way the vocals sound lazy and apathetic, as it adds character to the song. My only problem with it is the fake horns... it would sound sooo much better with real horns.

5. Auto Pilot - Thomas Rasmussen 7.5/10

I will say like everyone else has been saying: sing out, my friend! However, this isn't my biggest problem with it, in fact, that's actually a minor problem. My main problem with it is the way there's just a sole guitar on the left speaker. Pan it, or add something to the right speaker, it's just a pet peave of mine. Good song, though.

6. Breezygoing - Coneman 8/10

Hmm... not really my thing, but I liked it. But since I've nit-picked for every other song, I'll say this: it doesn't seem quite polished yet. Also, to me, it doesn't seem like there's a clear transition from the first half to where it picks up. But then again, I couldn't for the life of me figure one out. Good job, nevertheless.

7. Chrono Trigger Battle Theme - Against Belief Manly/10

To be honest, I don't really like this one. I've always been wanting to re-record it. I want to take some reverb off of the guitar, get a better drum machine in it, and get the 'background part' on the 'chorus' to pop out a little more, as that's my favorite part of the song. Oh well, as long as other people like it.

8. Nightlife - DaPantz 5/10

Not huge fan of this particular style of music, as I do like my music, but it just doesn't do it for me. It just seems incomplete to me. No clear bass line, and no clear melody. Though, I absolutely love the song at the half way mark. Just get a bass line in there, especially at that part, and it would be amazing.

9. It's Not Written - Switchblade Masquerade 7.5/10

Seems like a guilty pleasure song to me. Singer's amazing, quality's amazing, guitar sounds perfect, etc. My only gripes remain with the lack of real drums and with the lyrics, though I would really need to see some written lyrics to confirm my gripe with it.

10. Plaquot - Thibault Kervarech 9.5/10

For some reason, I can't find any complaints with this song, but there's just something about it that makes me not think it's perfect... ah, well, 9.5.

11. Ich muss früh raus - illovellamas 9/10

A nice calming song. The only problem is the recording quality, other than that, good job. Well, except for the fact that it's a cover. You cheated :(:(:(! (Says the guy who had potentially 2 covers on the thing)

In conclusion, I must state the fact that this was less a review than it was just me documenting my initial feelings towards the song and my complaints. So, don't take it too seriously. Also, as you probably can't tell, I was quite happy with the result. I expected to like the songs with the distortion, drums, etc. But, I guess the calming acoustic ones came out on top for me... weird.

P.S.

7. Chronotrigger - Against Belief 8/10
Well it's been brought to my attention that this is a cover. I really like this song, though, and it is shocking this is the same band as track 3. Very good song. Do more like this.

Against Belief - Chrono Trigger Battle Theme - 9/10
Now that's what I'm fucking talking about, this is brilliantly arranged, brilliantly played, brilliantly recorded, and just brilliant in general, seriously, well done, nailed it!

You two would absolutely love this song, then:

I almost stuck in another punkrocked videogame tune, You're Not alone from Final Fantasy 9 as an outro but I figured I shouldn't keep it in based purely on my own biases but if some of you guys want it as a bonus or whatever: http://www.mediafire.com/?x9dhybew0fl

It's my favorite video game cover of the moment, and I feel that it fixes all of the problems I have with my Chrono Trigger cover.

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Fact check: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE NOT ALL ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS "TECHNO" SWEET JESUS FUCK!!! Techno is a TYPE of electronic music. Just one piece, one genre. ARRRRRRGH!

*hyperventilates*

...sorry. I really have no issue with your review of my song, by the way; I'm just glad you listened to it. But generally that is just a huge pet peeve of mine. You know I love you. I do. I really do.

Llamas
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Fact check: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE NOT ALL ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS "TECHNO" SWEET JESUS FUCK!!! Techno is a TYPE of electronic music. Just one piece, one genre. ARRRRRRGH!

*hyperventilates*

...sorry. I really have no issue with your review of my song, by the way; I'm just glad you listened to it. But generally that is just a huge pet peeve of mine. You know I love you. I do. I really do.

Only one person called it techno... and at least we listened to/reviewed your song...

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Only one person called it techno...

I was speaking generally. Which is why I said "generally". You know how sometimes things remind you of things? No? Okay.

and at least we listened to/reviewed your song...

...which I thank him for. And implied so in the "I'm just glad you listened to it" part. The techno thing has less to do with my song and more a general thing that everyone on this BBS/America says, which is actually pretty fucking obvious.

Llamas
06-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I was speaking generally. Which is why I said "generally". You know how sometimes things remind you of things? No? Okay.
Sorry, you just made it sound like you were talking to everyone who reviewed you.

...which I thank him for. And implied so in the "I'm just glad you listened to it" part. The techno thing has less to do with my song and more a general thing that everyone on this BBS/America says, which is actually pretty fucking obvious.
I was more being a bitch and commenting on the fact that you "generally" seem to always want everyone to listen to your music, but you don't really seem to return the favor.

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry, you just made it sound like you were talking to everyone who reviewed you.

Yeah, I made it sound that way by explicitly stating the exact opposite of that. Yes. Straight up: I, like most on the BBS, grow weary of the constant llamabait and refuse to go down that worn out road YET AGAIN.

But:

I was more being a bitch and commenting on the fact that you "generally" seem to always want everyone to listen to your music, but you don't really seem to return the favor.

This is a completely fair thing to point out even we had to wade through some utter bullshit to get here. For the record, though, I have returned the favor for many; I'm just not as good at doing it as often as most have done for me (which is something I should be better about, to be honest)...I haven't done it as much lately, not yet with your stuff or this particular mixtape, and I usually leave feedback on teh Myspaceses rather than the BBS for some reason.

The bigger truth is that I should be better at giving feedback, no doubt about that. Aside from a few of Homer's contributions I've been slacking in that area, and if anyone else cares (I have a hard time believing my opinion is important enough), I actually am sorry.

As far as this mixtape, I've listened to and enjoyed it, and hope to get a review up pretty soon on my own time. The mood to do that is kinda killed now, but meh, whenever.

Homer
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, the way I see it is this way: techno = technological. Any music that wasn't actually performed, per se, is considered as techno in my books.

I usually leave feedback on teh Myspaceses rather than the BBS for some reason.

It's true!

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, the way I see it is this way: techno = technological. Any music that wasn't actually performed, per se, is considered as techno in my books.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. So not to derail the thread too much more, but is that similar to the pop = popular kinda debate that some people get into? I've never heard that particular argument. I operate mostly on the genre thing and how even though I love electronic music, techno is usually not my cup of tea, etc etc etc.

Homer
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. So not to derail the thread too much more, but is that similar to the pop = popular kinda debate that some people get into? I've never heard that particular argument. I operate mostly on the genre thing and how even though I love electronic music, techno is usually not my cup of tea, etc etc etc.

Well, I don't debate that there are sub-genres of the category, however I just find that there aren't many. Like, as I stated, I only feel that techno is something that isn't performed. If it's just notes clicked onto a computer, then that's my definition of techno. If it's done with keyboards or a turn-table or what have you, than I can consider that as something else.

Though, with pop, that is... I don't know. I've never heard of the pop = popular argument, but it does kind of make sense to a certain extent, but I don't like to see it that way.

Anyways, no more discussions of this in this thread. Maybe make another one?

Bazza
07-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Awww, shit, Bazza. If anybody knows his address, can you burn this on a CD and send him or something? He's the man behind the thought and my laziness + busyness + sickness cost him the experience of hearing it the second it's out.
No worries, managed to obtain some internet for only a brief period (only enough really to download it). Expect a review in two months!!

offspringer24
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
will leave a review soon.... but great cd well done vera and all bands/artists :)

Splinter[PI]
09-03-2008, 11:43 AM
ok... I need your pinions on those:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7757/bbsfrontsn8.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsfrontsn8.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3953/bbsbackya2.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsbackya2.jpg)

offspringer24
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
;1180293']ok... I need your pinions on those:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7757/bbsfrontsn8.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsfrontsn8.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3953/bbsbackya2.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbsbackya2.jpg)

loving em, what happened to the co1 logo though? i liked that one

good work dude :)

Splinter[PI]
09-04-2008, 11:31 AM
loving em, what happened to the co1 logo though? i liked that one

good work dude :)

What co1 logo? the skull is on the back, I think it's better this way...

I worried if the text on the back is readable...

offspringer24
09-05-2008, 12:42 AM
;1180643']What co1 logo? the skull is on the back, I think it's better this way...

I worried if the text on the back is readable...

the skull used to be on the fron to, still wicked though maybe a little dificult to read on back but maybe ok

Bazza
10-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Finally I can give a response, wooo for internet connections. I won't bother with a long winded review, instead I'd like to say thanks to all the bands who contributed and produced an awesome little cd! I found all the tracks pretty damn good, I have my favourites but I won't go and boost anyones ego! Also big thanks to Vera for sticking it all together.

I await the BBS Mix Tape Vol. 2!

Free?
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Holy crap! This thread kinda reminded me of something (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34492)... Heh, what a discovery :S.

EDIT: I think it was here all the time, I just didn't pay any attention. duh.

EDIT2: Hey, I like your compilation! No songs that I would remove from my playlist, I have certain favorites (I think like half of them), but I will keep them in secret :p. The only thing I'd like to mention is Da Pantz' "Nightlife"'s electronic intro is kinda too long and repetitive (I think mostly because of those horrible techno drums(I may be wrong with "techno" definition here), sorry I can't stand such rhythms :p ). But I love the second melodic part (starting from ~1:25), especially the 1:55 calm thingy. \m/

T-6005
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
We should do Vol. 2 for Christmas.

I figured I'd mention this now because the original mixtape was thought up in early May and released in late June, so if we could have another round now we could maybe have another volume done in early December.

Any thoughts about maybe bringing another one out, 6 months later? I enjoyed the first one a lot, so I figure it can't hurt to at least bring up the suggestion.

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
If you guys do another one, I totally want on board :) I love doing this kind of stuff. It'd be cool to have a special track recorded just for something like this.

randman21
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd totally be up for it. There's something about it that gave me a nice, tingly feeling. Plus, I'm itching to use my higher quality stuff than I had last time.

Ryder1234
10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Me too. And I'll be getting a... well, a way better mic. Not sure about the model yet but I assure you it'll be over $350.

Vera
10-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Go right ahead guys! Do you want me to put it together again or would you rather it be somebody among y'all? I can do it, but I can also step it aside because it was delayed a LOT last time because of me, which I'm sorry about.

Ryder1234
10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't know, you can do it if it feels necissary. I've really only been doing the playing part for the RAFRAG thing, so I wouldn't know what to say.

If we're doing this for christmas, then my current mic would have to suffice. I could however redo what ever guitar parts I do on this again once I get the better mic, and rerelease it with my updated parts. Would that work out?

randman21
10-16-2008, 11:50 PM
You did a great job last time. The delays only made it all more exciting.

T-6005
10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Honestly, I'd rather you did handle it, Vera - it's just easier to go with the same type of thing and a sort of... I don't know, centralized system?

Vera
10-17-2008, 12:56 PM
If you can trust me to pick good songs again. :]

Let's put down a tentative deadline of Sunday December 14th. I just realized I'll be pretty damn busy working in December but I think if I have a week or so to put it together before Christmas, I should get it up.

Ryder1234
10-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds good :)

So yeah, I'm gonna record with my current mic, and then re record with my new mic when I get it for christmas. Cause then it would only be a matter of mixing in my new tracks, and re releasing it.

Static_Martyr
10-17-2008, 06:22 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/155049383/The_Underdog.mp3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ot5e8e

Here's the one I just finished. I don't know if it would be good for this BBS Mixtape, but it never hurts to put it out there, right? 0_0

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I am sooooo in!

I think maybe I'll use this opportunity as an excuse to finally finish a song. I'm in the process of downloading it now. I don't know why I never opened this thread before. :confused:

Now I am off to noodle around and finish a song.

EDIT: I had to download a .rar expander. I am totally diggin' this compilation!!! ITS AWESOME YOU GUYS!!

I'm listening to Its not written right now... fantastic!

Vera
10-17-2008, 11:20 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/155049383/The_Underdog.mp3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ot5e8e

Here's the one I just finished. I don't know if it would be good for this BBS Mixtape, but it never hurts to put it out there, right? 0_0

Actually, the idea is to send the songs directly to me via PM.. That when the songs stay "secret" until I put out the track order and zip file containing all of the songs.

Ryder1234
10-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm happy right now.

Upon renting electric drums and creating a beat, I was finally able to put this great riff, that I've been trying to work into a song for 2 years, to use.

And then, I was so happy to finally get to use it, i sat down and wrote lyrics for it. Maybe tomorrow I'll preview some of the lyrics.

lost_nvrfound
10-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm happy right now.

Upon renting electric drums and creating a beat, I was finally able to put this great riff, that I've been trying to work into a song for 2 years, to use.

And then, I was so happy to finally get to use it, i sat down and wrote lyrics for it. Maybe tomorrow I'll preview some of the lyrics.

DON'T! did you not read Vera's post? Its supposed to be all secrecy and whatnot until its "release"

Homer
10-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Well, looks like I've got to go and put some more songs together with my band after that amazing reception I got from the first volume.

Or maybe I'll get lucky and have two songs featured on it again.

offspringer24
10-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Well, looks like I've got to go and put some more songs together with my band after that amazing reception I got from the first volume.

Or maybe I'll get lucky and have two songs featured on it again.

your bands good, very bad religion... i liked it :) keep up good work dude!

randman21
10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
If that was sarcasm, I thought "Legaaaal Action" was a bomb jam. It reminds me of "Viva Las Vegas".

Ryder1234
10-19-2008, 09:21 AM
DON'T! did you not read Vera's post? Its supposed to be all secrecy and whatnot until its "release"

I know, I know. I was only gonna post one word from the lyrics anyway :D

And here it is: "at"

:rolleyes:

Homer
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
If that was sarcasm, I thought "Legaaaal Action" was a bomb jam. It reminds me of "Viva Las Vegas".

It was a little sarcastic, but I really didn't mind at all.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not the only one that realized that Legal Action sounded a lot like Viva Las Vegas.

mrconeman
10-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Are we doing this again?
Because honestly, it's probably the best thing this forum (your band) has done, seriously, I really enjoyed the last one and it was just cool to be a part of. I'd like to sing on my next one and since I can't write lyrics, a covers cool right?

Travey B.
12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
omg i downloaded it, and i love it, thank you _lost_ for telling me about this