PDA

View Full Version : Dear, site designer, we need simple BBS skins with less aggressive colours.

HeadAroundU
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sure that you are a great professional and it shouldn't be a problem for you. Red would be default. I just called Dexter and he said that he'd pay you well.

I would like to read posts and not to stare at the bright red frame.

THANK YOU!

HeadAroundU
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Stopamateurs.jpg

Ryder1234
05-06-2008, 05:09 PM
i dont mind it...

Mota Boy
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
You know, HAU, increasingly it's just you complaining. And you're not doing it in a way that makes any of us sympathetic to your cause.

Ryder1234
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
You know, HAU, increasingly it's just you complaining. And you're not doing it in a way that makes any of us sympathetic to your cause.

yeah, and your avatar and sig, i know they're supposed to make them change the color, but its possibly the most distracting part of any thread.

Harnum
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
The colors don't really bother me. The only thing that does is the fact that my screen was stretched when the BBS was changed. I have a horizontal scroll bar now and to read all the posts I have to be movin' that bastard all the time!

h84u :mad: :(

Unnatural Disaster
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm sure that you are a great professional and it shouldn't be a problem for you. Red would be default. I just called Dexter and he said that he'd pay you well.

I would like to read posts and not to stare at the bright red frame.

THANK YOU!

Your font colors, sig, and avatar are hurting my eyes more than anything that was ever on this BBS.

Cock Joke
05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
It doesn't look like they're gonna change them, dude. How long you planning on keeping this up?

Ryder1234
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=125

LOL pwnd

ANDiTKO
05-07-2008, 05:18 AM
I already made a topic about the colors here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32046)
They should bring the old design back! i miss it!
Or atleast let the user to choose skins.vBulletin support this feature.

shanna_guarana
05-07-2008, 05:39 AM
At first it pissed me off.....now I don't mind it.....

HeadAroundU
05-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Yup, I have choosen rather aggressive style, just like Hammerhead or the site design(er). It's an honest reaction. You know very well that I'm not alone. But the others are very submissive.

Ok, I'll be nice and give them 1 month.

I'm very skeptical about it. They can't even put the forum guidelines next to FAQ or User CP....sticky threads are annoying.

administrator_old
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I will discuss the idea of allowing users to pick from a set of VBB skins with the band's management. No promises but personally I don't see why it would be a big issue.

Hunter / LM

F@ BANKZ
05-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Cool idea.

SaiKYoU
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
with all this complaints, maybe it's a good idea to change the skin of the board since colours are starting to rape people... it seems...[/joke]

hummm i don't know if it's just my eyes but when i see the red pic prevoiusly posted, it's not the same bright red than the used in the forum...

and i'm the kind of guy that has to wear sunglasses every time the sun punches me in the face...

so i suggest to launc a pack of skins and letus choose our own on the profile settings...

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I actually kind of like it. Very distinctive.

HAU, you're making yourself look like an idiot. Stop it.

Ryder1234
05-09-2008, 04:15 PM
so i suggest to launch a pack of skins and let us choose our own on the profile settings...

i actually like that idea. i dont like this one (or the last one), but i can stand it.

ps. i was the one who posted the red picture. i quickly did it in MS paint to piss HAU off just to stop his whining, so its probably not the same color.

Ryder1234
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
but the good thing is that with that solid black color, you can fool people into thinking that you can break the 10 character barrier with black text, like this:

highlight>>> OMG FUCK YOU LOL <<<it!!!

randman21
05-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Haha, yeah. It's about the first thing I thought when I they changed the colors.

Ryder1234
05-11-2008, 09:47 AM
skins are the design. like now its red/black, before it was maroon/"shiny black"
so basically they would make a whole bunch of new designs and we would choose which one we want (not like a vote, more like a custom setting, and some people would have a different one

Cock Joke
05-11-2008, 09:58 AM
we are not stupid maria

Hah! You think the admin added this one in there?

I don't know if I'm gonna customize it for myself. Especially if it's complicated. Not like anyone else is gonna see it since it's just under my account.

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Maria, has it ever occurred to you that people might be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you possessed the ability to present your thoughts in a manner that wasn't wholly insulting?

Harnum
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Maria, has it ever occurred to you that people might be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if you possessed the ability to present your thoughts in a manner that wasn't wholly insulting?

.. and in a manner that doesn't use over-the-top words and complex sentence structures? Because you're using them to make it look like you know what you're talking about.

Oh, and before you try to say it, I know what all of your posts mean. I can read...

Ryder1234
05-11-2008, 08:31 PM
.. and in a manner that doesn't use over-the-top words and complex sentence structures? Because you're using them to make it look like you know what you're talking about.

yeah, like,

Mind you, I still find it hideous, and I still find whoever chose that atrocious vermillion did so with utter and perverse disregard for ophtalmological concerns.

eh?

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh fucking hell. Dumbasses. I'll dumb my speech down then:

"I still find that the one who chose the reddish skins didn't mind that it would hurt our eyesights badly."

Now if you still have problems with that, go fuck a duck.

*facepalm*

Harnum
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM

"I still find that the one who chose the reddish skins didn't mind that it would hurt our eyesights badly."
I just finished telling you that I understood what you were saying, and yet you still try to dumb it down?

Anyway, I was just saying that there is a point at which it all becomes a bit too much.

... go fuck a duck? c'mon now.

Ryder1234
05-12-2008, 09:48 PM

i understand you, its just that i have to stop and read your posts for a moment before they make sense

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Whoever added the tag "sandy vaginas" needs a great big cuddle. <3

HeadAroundU
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I will discuss the idea of allowing users to pick from a set of VBB skins with the band's management. No promises but personally I don't see why it would be a big issue.

Hunter / LM
Whoa, I can't believe. :)

HAU / The Offspring fan

HAU, you're making yourself look like an idiot. Stop it.
It works! :cool: :cool:

ps. i was the one who posted the red picture. i quickly did it in MS paint to piss HAU off just to stop his whining, so its probably not the same color.
You can't piss me off. I'm an ex-troll. :cool:

HeadAroundU
08-31-2008, 08:26 PM

Hunter / LM
Thank you very much, the new skins are great. =)

Cock Joke
08-31-2008, 10:03 PM
What new skins?

Bipolar Bear
08-31-2008, 10:07 PM
What new skins?

I was asking myself exactly the same question!

KHWHD
08-31-2008, 10:32 PM
I was asking myself exactly the same question!

Bunch of perverts! :p As far as I know, it's basically the colours on the forums... the red and black.

Rooster
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I have no notion what "skins" are, but here go my layman views:

- the site looks terrible

- by terrible, I mean my eyes tingle with frustration

- for God's sake get rid of that offensive vermillion that desperately tries to be passed off for red - fooling NOONE, just so you know

- who freaking put you in this job, I seriously hope you get sacked, I'm not saying this is a botched job, I'm saying this is NO job at all, noone in their right mind would go out of their way to design something THAT horrendous with no respect for their own personal dignity and the eyesight of the poor, poor onlookers.

- do you purposefully ignore every law of human nature? I wish I could hammer your head back in your shoulders for this obstinacy in stupidity you seem to evince. even soft, subdued pastel colours would have worked better. This "red" is unbearable. insufferable. intolerable. either revert to the old design, or stick your head in the nearest bin.

- please and for the love of mercy, try to present it in a slightly more agreeable, mature fashion. tags are stupid, for one thing. There are way too many features, maybe you seem to think it makes you look clever but it just complicates matters when all one needs is a forum to post one's views. Also, something you clearly lack: discretion. you have a very, very poor judgement, and no discretion at all. both acceptions: learn to discriminate, and learn to be a little more reserved. these colours are just screaming at us from the screen. mazel tov.

ATTENTION TO EVERYONE!

This is the only opinion in this thread that counts. It was clearly the work of a professional opinion-wise postmaster. No one is allowed to object.

Guess what? If the colours are really hurting your eyes so bad, TRY TO CHANGE CONTRAST AND LIGHTNESS SET-UP OF YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN! It helps.

I don't have any problem with the colour scheme here, it fits perfectly to the colour scheme of RAFRAG

edit: i just changed contrast to 100 % to see how it would be. No wonder you complain that the colours are burning your eyes out, but if you lower the contrast level it should be all ok (i have mine to 50 % usually). If the colours bother your eyes it's your fault, not the ones' who made the current forum colour scheme.

dff_punk
09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Bunch of perverts! :p As far as I know, it's basically the colours on the forums... the red and black.

Well, fuck, I did not get this. What is pervert about red and black skins????

KHWHD
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, fuck, I did not get this. What is pervert about red and black skins????

You have to read the replies above mine to figure it out.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Hey, The Offspring! Yeah, i'm talking to you.

Could you please change the colours of your new album's artwork, because the red colour caused me to be partialy blind, it burned my eyes out. Could you change the colours to the less bright red and start selling that version of RAFRAG from now on?

You have not thought about the ophthalmological concerns and the severe damage that your atrocious vermillion is causing to our tunica nervosa oculi. I would not have written this but it was my duty to do so for you seem to have been lacking any good taste and you do not seem to care about the well being of all your fans existing all over the oblate spheroid that we happen to name Earth. I hope your head gets stuck in a waste material bin for you dont seem to belong anywhere else.

Rutegard
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
It doesn't look like they're gonna change them, dude. How long you planning on keeping this up?

ahhahah
yeah i really like this and black background saves energy as well

Rutegard
09-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Hey, The Offspring! Yeah, i'm talking to you.

Could you please change the colours of your new album's artwork, because the red colour caused me to be partialy blind, it burned my eyes out. Could you change the colours to the less bright red and start selling that version of RAFRAG from now on?

You have not thought about the ophthalmological concerns and the severe damage that your atrocious vermillion is causing to our tunica nervosa oculi. I would not have written this but it was my duty to do so for you seem to have been lacking any good taste and you do not seem to care about the well being of all your fans existing all over the oblate spheroid that we happen to name Earth. I hope your head gets stuck in a waste material bin for you dont seem to belong anywhere else.

WTF?!?!
AHAAHHA
you are so funny

i really like you :D

HEY, don't forget about hammerhead video too