PDA

View Full Version : do_not_reply@offspring.com

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I got this about two days ago via e-mail, which I am sure everyone else got as well:

Attention Offspring Fans,

We have a lot of news for you...

"Hammerhead," the first single from The Offspring's new album Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace, can be downloaded now for free via www.offspring.com. Go get it!

The band recently completed work on the album with legendary producer Bob Rock (Metallica, The Cult) and are now preparing for its upcoming release and the accompanying world tour. You should be hearing "Hammerhead" on your local radio station now, if not, give them a call and let them know you want to hear it.

The 12 new songs of Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace are culled from the most productive songwriting period in the band's history. The end result is a broad reaching album forging new territory while staying true to the band's vision. A special gatefold vinyl edition of the album with access to a free download of the album will be released alongside the traditional CD and download in the United States.

Here are the worldwide Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace release dates:

June 11 - Japan

June 13 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, The Netherlands and Greece

June 14 - Australia

June 16 - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, United Kingdom

June 17 - United States, Canada, Spain, Asia and Latin America

June 18 - Sweden and Finland

Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace track-listing:
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust In You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead
5. A Lot Like Me
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
8. Nothingtown
9. Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
12. Rise And Fall

The band's initial tour dates are listed below and on www.offspring.com where new dates will be added as they are announced.

May
16 91X X-Fest - San Diego, CA
17 KROQ Weenie Roast - Irvine, CA
18 KJEE Summer Round Up - Santa Barbara, CA 30 Electric Festival - Madrid, Spain

June
6 Rock in Rio Festival - Lisbon, Portugal
7 Rock am Ring Festival - Nürburg, Germany
8 Rock im Park Festival - Nuremberg, Germany
13 Greenfield Festival - Interlaken, Switzerland
14 Download Festival - Donington Park, England

July
4 Rock For People Festival - Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
5 Volt Festival - Sopron, Hungary
6 Eurockéennes Festival - Belfort, France
8 Rockwave Festival - Athens, Greece
26 93.3 Big Gig - Denver, CO

August
9 Virgin Mobile Festival - Baltimore, MD

Also, please check out the new www.offspring.com and make sure to register in the upper right hand corner of the home page to become an Offspring.com member and take advantage of the improved community features. Current message board members can use their existing IDs and passwords to login.

The new member features will allow you to connect with others and create your own identity within the site.

Some of the new community features include the ability to:
Add photos and albums to your profile
Post comments on other user's profiles
Create and join groups
Customize the look of your User Profile (coming soon)

Thanks for being a fan, we hope you check out the new album and we'll see you at the shows.

Offspring.com

My question is: Is this from the mailing list, because when I registered about two days before receiving the above, it gave me an error and said they were experiencing problems or is it something else? Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.

Also, I registered for the mailing list yesterday and it said that it would confirm via e-mail. I have not received confirmation yet. When I registered ages ago, it did the same thing. So, my question is: Is the mailing list up and running? Anybody know.

F@ BANKZ
05-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I've got it too. They may have your e-Mail adress from when (if) you downloaded Hammerhead.

Ps. Free download of the album woooooo!

randman21
05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
^I don't think it's that because I got the same email before I knew "Hammerhead" was available for download. Maybe they still had our email info by the time they fixed the mailing list and just sent it to us.

ANDiTKO
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
iF you want to stay tuned to the offspring news just use the RSS feed

administrator_old
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
That message was from the mailing list, yes... And yes, it does work.

Ryder1234
05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
on psp i cant get the rss feed to work, it just says "no item" (same for every other feed i saved)

Llamas
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not on the mailing list, I don't believe... and I got the email.

I just assumed it got sent to everyone on the bbs?

Little_Miss_1565
05-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I thought I was on the mailing list and I didn't get dick! :( offspring h8 me?

Camilamazed
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Didn't get the email either.

=[

Bazza
05-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I didn't get one either, and I'm pretty sure I'm signed up to anything and everything they've ever put on this website!

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-08-2008, 04:35 AM
That message was from the mailing list, yes... And yes, it does work.

Cool thanks, that answers both my questions :D

TheOldMark
05-08-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm on the mailing list and I didn't get it. What gives???

Rag Doll
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
i didn't get the e-mail either. =\

just tried to sign up for the mailing list again, even though i know i already signed up, and it gave me an error.

Little_Miss_1565
05-08-2008, 10:00 AM
i didn't get the e-mail either. =\

just tried to sign up for the mailing list again, even though i know i already signed up, and it gave me an error.

I've signed up about three times now, and each time it said it went through and to check my e-mail for confirmation instructions. But no confirmation arrives, not even to my spam folder (which is where my "Hammerhead" download ended up).

Rag Doll
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
the message i got was that an error occurred and to contact the admin (or something to that effect...). nothing about a confirmation. and i didn't even get the hammerhead email in my spam folder.

Llamas
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
haha u guys sucks. Offspring love me :cool:

administrator_old
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
We sent it to the entire list but as you might imagine, some ISPs and mail providers block our messages as spam.

Even if it isn't in your personal 'spam' folder, sometimes the ISP itself throws out messages like these.

administrator_old
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
the message i got was that an error occurred and to contact the admin (or something to that effect...). nothing about a confirmation. and i didn't even get the hammerhead email in my spam folder.

The Hammerhead download message was from the label, not us. I can't comment on the widget or the email it sends with the URL.

As for the mailing list here, you can't sign up twice - you'll get an error indicating that.

It sounds like maybe you got a different error message though so I'm going to check into that to see if there's anything to that. Of course, make sure you filled out all the fields when signing up and if you know you already signed up, there is NO POINT in signing up again.

Rag Doll
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Unless there's a new mailing list? I mean, I haven't signed up in like...wow. Years? But I do think it was on this version of the site. I get other emails from the site (the reported posts and all), so I don't really think it's my ISP/e-mail blocking things from the site. *shrug*

i'm mainly concerned for when tour dates are announced and if there is a fan pre-sale, i want to make sure i get whatever password thing, if it's done that way.

sneedo
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
on psp i cant get the rss feed to work, it just says "no item" (same for every other feed i saved)

The PSP RSS reader is for podcast RSS feeds only not for news and non-media feeds.

F@ BANKZ
05-15-2008, 11:59 PM
A new message has been sent off on the subject of the video contest for those of you who are still unsure.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 07:48 AM
The Hammerhead download message was from the label, not us. I can't comment on the widget or the email it sends with the URL.

As for the mailing list here, you can't sign up twice - you'll get an error indicating that.

It sounds like maybe you got a different error message though so I'm going to check into that to see if there's anything to that. Of course, make sure you filled out all the fields when signing up and if you know you already signed up, there is NO POINT in signing up again.

Thanks, Administrator.

I've tried the sign-up process a couple times and never received an error message saying I can't sign up twice, so I guess that since my ISP or whateverandeveramen isn't letting the confirmation e-mail through, I can't confirm and therefore can't join the list at all.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Rag Doll
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm having the same problem as 1565. I am now able to sign up, but I don't receive the confirmation email. So, technically, I can't sign up...

Mota Boy
05-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Have y'all checked your spam filters? Could that be the problem?

Rag Doll
05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah. it's not in my spam either. and i've never had this issue with anything else. all kinds of garbage ends up in my inbox. i also get all the mod emails from here (the "reported post" ones). =\