PDA

View Full Version : Autographs

zsk
05-08-2008, 06:39 AM
how can i get autographs from the offspring?

The_Bass
05-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Go to signing sessions after concerts or media tours.

Otherwise said, it's quite hard.

zsk
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
can i get one by the post?

The_Bass
05-08-2008, 07:51 AM
No. At the site they are saying you shouldn't send them stuff because they won't return it.

I guess you can buy a poster on Ebay or something.

There's this one on www.swag.com (http://www.offspring.com/forums/www.swag.com), the problem is it's $75,-

http://www.swag.com/cart/ap2/offspring01.jpg

Stoned Mosquito
05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
what┤s the point of buying an autographed item or getting it over the mail?

The cool thing about autographs is when you get to meet the person...

Superdope
05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I was about to say the same thing.

If it's just the autograph you're after, then just save the image, and use your printer... but where's the fun in that? it's supposed to be an item of pride, that proved you meeting the band

Biggest offspring fan
05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Buy my sneakers :D

zsk
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
give they autographs at every concert???

Anka
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I also think the best way how to get autographs is by meeting the band...
but I also find out, that it is great feeling when you are opening the envelope and expecting the autograph there...and then you see it...great feeling.
and when they are giving autographs on the concerts, everyone stay in the row, receive signed paper and go away...
on the other hand, if you write a letter to them, it means you really care, doesnt it? but, unfortunately here is written not to send them items to be signed:(
and about the thinks on e-bay...there is also one more problem. how do you know that the autographs are theirs?

Drafan
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
what┤s the point of buying an autographed item or getting it over the mail?

The cool thing about autographs is when you get to meet the person...

Yes. I would like to get as close as possiple at Rock for People.

TheOldMark
05-08-2008, 10:00 AM

best place for autographs is eBay. I have a really sick drum head with all their autographs on it.
You could try to get into a meet&greet at a show, but I would much rather ask them for a picture than an autograph. they dont know if you're just trying to make money off them so theyre more willing to take pictures.

The_Bass
05-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Sure. I've got two autographed things, I got one by a friend. He gave it to me :).

The other one is a autographed CD, "A piece of americana" EP. It's kind of cool :).

And trust me, I've looked at a lot of their autographs, I can tell you when they are genuine.

Oxygene
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
99% of the time they give autographs after the show...

Anka
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
whoa...looking forward Rock for People...hope they will give me one, or maybe two:) and I have a T-shirt with Dexter┤s autograph, or it is supposed to be his autograph...my brother gave it to me, but he has never told me how he got it...probably e-bay:)

Camilamazed
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Worse than the guys getting things signed to sell on ebay is people buying them.

really.

leo3375
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Find an item you would like the band to sign, get a pen, and bring them to a concert if they're playing in your town. It will take a lot of patience and determination, but hopefully you will be able to meet them and get the item signed.

In my opinion, an autograph is worthless to me if I bought it or it came with something. I didn't make the effort to obtain it in person, and it has no memories attached to it. It feels impersonal and meaningless otherwise.

And I disagree about people buying fake autographs being worse than people selling fake autographs. Most of the time, those buying are blindly assuming the signature is real without going back and images of what the real autograph looks like. Those selling the fakes often know the signatures are fake and are trying to make money off of na´ve people. There's a spacial place in Hell for people like that.

I've seen fake Offspring autographs, and I've seen real Offspring autographs. Because I have an item signed by the band I can use that as a reference whenever I see "signed" items on eBay

The_Bass
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I've got that same thing. I've seen lots of autographs and can tell if they're real or not.

Camilamazed
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
And I disagree about people buying fake autographs being worse than people selling fake autographs. Most of the time, those buying are blindly assuming the signature is real without going back and images of what the real autograph looks like. Those selling the fakes often know the signatures are fake and are trying to make money off of na´ve people. There's a spacial place in Hell for people like that.

I've seen fake Offspring autographs, and I've seen real Offspring autographs. Because I have an item signed by the band I can use that as a reference whenever I see "signed" items on eBay

Come on, it doesn't matter if the person can or cannot tell if the signed item is fake or not, what is a matter of loserism is actually bying an autograph that was not for you.

bouncingcoles
05-08-2008, 06:08 PM

send them nudes

PunksKillEmos
05-08-2008, 07:22 PM
What would be a good item to be autographed?

Camilamazed
05-08-2008, 08:47 PM

I wish I could have all my Cd covers signed.

=]

leo3375
05-09-2008, 02:47 AM

CD liner notes, ticket stubs, T-shirts, flyers, small posters, promotional flats. Anything portable that the ink won't rub off of, really.