PDA

View Full Version : Musicians ?? anyone??

Gommer
10-24-2004, 04:54 PM
A thread we can all enjoy....i want to know who plays intruments, what are they and what do you play

here i'll start

bass.....punk and metal

Tired_Of_You
10-24-2004, 05:00 PM
It's been 4 years I play guitar, I have a Yamaha EG112 and my step-father has an acoustic guitar that I can use if I want but most of the time I play with my Yamaha... I really want another guitar... I play songs of The Offspring, Green Day, Nirvana, Social Distortion , The Distillers, The Cranberries, Bad Religion etc...
I also play drums but it's been months I didn't play and I'm not really good anyway.

wheelchairman
10-24-2004, 05:03 PM
I play guitar. And on it I play all kinds of crazy crap.

Jebus
10-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I bee playing guitar for about a little over a year now. I would only count the past 6 months because I waisted the first 6 months playing punk which got me nowhere. I like to play almost anything that involves guitar. I like playing rock, punk, metal, blues, intrumental rock, and whatever sounds good. I currently own an Ibanez GAX70, a marshall mg10, a digitech metal master, and a digitech rp50. I'm hoping to upgrade as soon as I get a job.

punkangel
10-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I bee playing guitar for about a little over a year now. I would only count the past 6 months because I waisted the first 6 months playing punk which got me nowhere. I like to play almost anything that involves guitar. I like playing rock, punk, metal, blues, intrumental rock, and whatever sounds good. I currently own an Ibanez GAX70, a marshall mg10, a digitech metal master, and a digitech rp50. I'm hoping to upgrade as soon as I get a job.

I'm forced to play the flute... I dumbly said I was going to switch to guitar...
didn't really work! I'm probably going to switch this summer :mad:

punk_flamingo
10-24-2004, 05:44 PM
I play bass....mainly punk, but we do play metal too...

I can also play guitar and drums - but i prefer my bass :)

TrendyAsshole
10-24-2004, 11:21 PM
I can play the trombone, that counts right

x_necrophiliac_x
10-25-2004, 06:28 AM
trombone counts....why not?

i play the drums, piano and i recently started learnin to play the guitar but i loooooove drummin......doesnt matter the kind of music i play i just like to drum. i drum anythin

my music teacher's rly rly hott

Bad Omen
10-25-2004, 06:30 AM
I've been playing guitar for 4 years, but scrub the first 2 cos that was Acoustic and Punk :confused:

I play mainly metal but the odd thing can pop up now and again ;)

Heat
10-25-2004, 06:40 AM
years ago i played keyboard... but it sucks

now, i play for 2 years guitar and im owner of an Ibanez NDM1

i play louds of things.... i think if a rif is very cool, the kind of what the music is isnt important.... wether rock, punk, metal

wheelchairman
10-25-2004, 07:43 AM
I like it when people say they can play punk on their guitars. That basically just means they can't play shit.

x_necrophiliac_x
10-25-2004, 07:47 AM
that's so true. metal n punk aint the only type of music u can play on a fuckin drum, guitar or bass. but i guess ppl say tha cuz they think punk is so kool (though, it is)..

MikeRamone
10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Ive been playing bass/guitar since I was about 14..im 20 now.
I play 80% Offspring =) And some Ramones, Bad-Religion aswell.

Used to have a band called "SnipeR"....back then we only did Ramones covers and some own shit.

MR

Zee
10-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Well, practically I can play all the band instruments guitar, bass and drums (modest as I am ;) ), at least the easiest songs such as Offspring, but I own only guitar by myself. That one I've been playing maybe... let's say 4 years.

Andy
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I play the drums.. have been for about 18 months now. i have no particular genre of music, i like to play anything. its boring just sticking to one style.

Stoffey
10-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Used to play a bit of everything: guitar, keyboard, drums, violin, recorder etc etc...but now its mostly drums and guitar, but I rarely play

phoenix
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
bass-punk,and sometimes metal...
id like to have a go at drums though

Zugg Island Convict
10-25-2004, 12:17 PM
i play guitar, i play punk, metal, rock, jazz, classical, blues and whatever you wanna class john 5's music as, i play that aswell...

[popple]
10-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Erm I've been playin guitar for 4 years next month and I write my own music (funk). I'm currently learning Tender Surrender by Steve Vai on guitar which I can play about 90% if not more. Download the song, then buy the song, Steve Vai is the best guitarist in the world.

NoHopeNoFuture
10-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Ive been Playing the guitar for 4 years and i started with a lot of offspring until I basically learned all of their songs. Now a days i only play metal songs. A lot of old school metallica and slayer. right now im working on my sweeping and arpeggios which is coming along really well. I Was in a punk band but didnt last cause my memebers got dumb and right now im looking to start a really melodic metal band.

[popple]
10-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I started practising sweeping and stuff but got bored of it, and I saw no use for it in the music I want to play. But it's a nice technique that I wish was just a bit easier to pick-up.

mrconeman
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
I' play guitar...in fact im playing now

I've only been playing around 7 or 8 months, in fact some one on the old BBS showed me a website were I learned guitar (thank you very very much).

I've still only got my first guitar, fender squire, Its crap yes but ive got a cool enough Zoom fire 60 watt amp wich makes up for the guitar, I'm currently saving up for the Ibanez NDM1 I just think its a real cool guitar plus its related to Noodles...that doesnt hurt right? ;)

Currently learning lots of offspring stuff/ greenday stuff, I know some easy pink floyd (wish you were here, mother) of course im only a beginner I plan to move off to bigger things in a few years y'know guns n roses and led zepplin and the like but I really love offspring and greenday and most punk music so it suits me fine for now

NoHopeNoFuture
10-25-2004, 02:05 PM
']I started practising sweeping and stuff but got bored of it, and I saw no use for it in the music I want to play. But it's a nice technique that I wish was just a bit easier to pick-up.

Yeah it takes a lot of time and deidcation but its worth it in the end cause its sounds so radass especially if you have the right equipment.It brings tears to my eyes.

[popple]
10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah it takes a lot of time and deidcation but its worth it in the end cause its sounds so radass especially if you have the right equipment.It brings tears to my eyes.

Mos Def. I can do it, but not like Steve Vai or John Petrucci, and certainly not as cleanly as I would prefer but I don't dedicate as much time to it as I wish. Have you heard Serrana Arpeggios by John Petrucci? Download the video of it, he is the god of sweep picking.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Bass - metal.

And I suck. Go me.

*Prances*

evilmonkey
10-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I play the alto sax, jazz, swing etc.
I like guitars, cant play em tho. Sax rules!

Nitro Punk
10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
I play guitar! Punk stuff and some nu metal things. I 've been playing for 3 years and I suck!Noooo!Lies!I'm just a perfect guitarist (admit)!That's all! :cool:

NoHopeNoFuture
10-25-2004, 03:05 PM
']Mos Def. I can do it, but not like Steve Vai or John Petrucci, and certainly not as cleanly as I would prefer but I don't dedicate as much time to it as I wish. Have you heard Serrana Arpeggios by John Petrucci? Download the video of it, he is the god of sweep picking.

I shall do that right now

Bad Omen
10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
']Mos Def. I can do it, but not like Steve Vai or John Petrucci, and certainly not as cleanly as I would prefer but I don't dedicate as much time to it as I wish. Have you heard Serrana Arpeggios by John Petrucci? Download the video of it, he is the god of sweep picking.

actually, sweeping isn't petrucci's best point. He's good-great!-at it yes, but he's not the god at it. I'm not sure who is: but the offsprings lie in the Euro metal scene right now.

Just for the record: JP is the god of Alternate picking ;)

Jebus
10-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Erm I've been playin guitar for 4 years next month and I write my own music (funk). I'm currently learning Tender Surrender by Steve Vai on guitar which I can play about 90% if not more. Download the song, then buy the song, Steve Vai is the best guitarist in the world.

As you can see from my avatar, I'm a big fan too. Tender surrender is a hard song. I'm not even gona try to play it since i'm not close to playing in his level. Try to play it with vai's crazy facial expression like in the music video. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/vai.gif
(Steve vai having fun with the trem in tender surrender)

Mos Def. I can do it, but not like Steve Vai or John Petrucci, and certainly not as cleanly as I would prefer but I don't dedicate as much time to it as I wish. Have you heard Serrana Arpeggios by John Petrucci? Download the video of it, he is the god of sweep picking.

Serrana is a Jason Becker song and not Petrucci. Jason is the best fucking guiarist who ever lived. It's to bad he's paralized now due to als. Look for the video of him playing it on kazaa or some other similar program. It's fucking awsome. I never seen petrucci play so you probably have him confused with Becker. Sweeping is probably the hardest guitar technique. Thats the main thing that i'm working on right now.

little_miss_kyuss
10-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Hello. I play bass guitar. I play QOTSA mostly, Nick Oliveri style (with pick, quite fast, and damn loudly). With my band I play Foo Fighters, Weezer, Blink, The Clash; all sorts.

[popple]
10-26-2004, 02:26 PM
As you can see from my avatar, I'm a big fan too. Tender surrender is a hard song. I'm not even gona try to play it since i'm not close to playing in his level. Try to play it with vai's crazy facial expression like in the music video. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/vai.gif
(Steve vai having fun with the trem in tender surrender)

Serrana is a Jason Becker song and not Petrucci. Jason is the best fucking guiarist who ever lived. It's to bad he's paralized now due to als. Look for the video of him playing it on kazaa or some other similar program. It's fucking awsome. I never seen petrucci play so you probably have him confused with Becker. Sweeping is probably the hardest guitar technique. Thats the main thing that i'm working on right now.

OH SHIT DUDE, YEAH IT'S JASON BECKER. Thanx for reminding me man I did get em' mixed up. Yeah, so Jason Becker is God of sweep picking and John Petrucci is god of alternate picking hehe there settled. :D

sorry for the mistake hehe :o