PDA

View Full Version : Best Ska Band?

OffspringHead
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Catch 22 and Leftover Crack FTW

coke_a_holic
05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
The correct answer is Bomb The Music Industry! Because all other ska bands are naturally mediocre-to-worse.

Arrogant Sons of Bitches count, too, but they're basically the same band as BTMI!, so whatever.

nieh
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT!!11one!1

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
though RFTC isnt really ska, just cuz a band has horns, doesnt make it ska.

but i will agree that RFTC> all ska

my vote for ska band : mighty mighty bosstones

nieh
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Streetlight = very good and I'm still fond of Reel Big Fish despite their last album blowing. Had the Suicide Machines stopped making music after their first album, they'd be up here, too.

dff_punk
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
My personal favorite are the Mad Caddies. But they do not play only ska, so I dunno.. maybe Streetlight Manifesto...

0r4ng3
05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
The correct answer is Bomb The Music Industry! Because all other ska bands are naturally mediocre-to-worse.

Arrogant Sons of Bitches count, too, but they're basically the same band as BTMI!, so whatever.
Weren't you also a pretty big fan of Streetlight Manifesto?

coke_a_holic
05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I was completely in love with them, but about 6 months ago... I just stopped. I dunno, I just can't really get that excited to listen to them anymore. Everything Goes Numb got old after a few years, Somewhere In The Between got old after a few weeks; I just don't care about them anymore.

OffspringHead
05-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Arrogant Sons of Bitches are the shit.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Streetlight = very good and I'm still fond of Reel Big Fish despite their last album blowing. Had the Suicide Machines stopped making music after their first album, they'd be up here, too.

I'm not a big fan of old suicide machines, but then they got good, really good.

coke_a_holic
05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of old suicide machines, but then they got good, really good.

fucking lulz.

But yeah, OffspringHead, do you listen to BTMI!? It's basically just Jeff Rosenstock playing ASOB song with less horns, more depression, and more AWESOME. He does drum machines and synthesizers and all of the songs are about how drunk he is and are slightly less incoherent than the songs on Three Cheers For Disappointment.

Alex101
05-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I'd say The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

jacknife737
05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Streetlight Manifesto, Big D and the Kids Table, and the Specials are all worthy of mention however.

Forza
05-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Ska-p! Definitely the best for me.

OffspringHead
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
fucking lulz.

But yeah, OffspringHead, do you listen to BTMI!? It's basically just Jeff Rosenstock playing ASOB song with less horns, more depression, and more AWESOME. He does drum machines and synthesizers and all of the songs are about how drunk he is and are slightly less incoherent than the songs on Three Cheers For Disappointment.
I haven't heard them. I've only been into Arrogant Sons of Bitches but i'll take your word for their awesomeness and check them out =D.

barangatang
05-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Ska-p! Definitely the best for me.

Haha, they're Italian, right? Everyone's always raving about them, but I haven't really cared for anything that I've heard.

I don't really listen t ska very much anymore. It got kind of boring and generic after a good 6 months of being obsessed with it. When I did like it, I liked the same bands as everyone else...The mighty mighty bosstones, Big D, Streetlight, The specials.

dff_punk
05-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Haha, they're Italian, right? Everyone's always raving about them, but I haven't really cared for anything that I've heard.

Nope, they are spanish, and they already split up. But The Locos, the band created from the ashes of Ska-P, are playing the same shit, maybe even harder. I really like them.

Apathy
05-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Big D is good, but plenty of their songs are just pop-punk with a horn section. I love Leftover Crack as well, but they can hardly be called the best ska band... they're barely a ska band. Streetlight is always wonderful of course, as are the Specials. And I can't forget Mu330. They're my best buddies. For real.

and Rudie Can't Fail by the Clash is a classic for me.

It's too hard for me to decide. But I can definitely tell you who I would eliminate.

BTMI
RBF
LTJ
AAA
ASOB
Mad Caddies
anything by the Suicide Machines after their first album.

They're nothing special for me. I still listen to them though.