PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who loves "Feelings"...?

randman21
05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I didn't want to make a thread about this, but I have to know because I don't think I've ever read anything good about the song on the forums. "Feelings" is pretty much a top 5-10 Offspring song for me. I mean, it's up there. Anyone else?

Cock Joke
05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I think it rocks! I can't believe anyone would hate it.

nameless
05-08-2008, 05:11 PM
its not one that i cant stand, they really stamped their sound on it but it doesnt rate highly compared to their other songs in my opinion!

dff_punk
05-08-2008, 05:14 PM
"Feelings" is really fun to play on guitar. Nuff said.

cool 2 hate 681
05-08-2008, 05:17 PM
i always skip the track when i listen to americana

randman21
05-08-2008, 05:19 PM
i always skip the track when i listen to americana
Heh, only that one? I'm getting a case of teh sadz...:(

Blackball_
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
thats the truth! its great to play.

cool 2 hate 681
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Heh, only that one? I'm getting a case of teh sadz...:(

i also skip

Pretty fly (for a white guy) She's got issues Why don't you get a job and sometimes Walla walla

randman21
05-08-2008, 05:29 PM
i also skip

Pretty fly (for a white guy) She's got issues Why don't you get a job and sometimes Walla walla Ahhh, well that's not so bad, then.

Exactly. Speaking of which, do you find it as finger-stretchingly difficult to play it as I do (and also do you play it in standard tuning)?

dff_punk
05-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Stretching your fingers is the fun part. Makes the playing more special than other songs, and more challenging(more difficult in this area might be only some NOFX song) :) And yeah, I play it in standard tuning.

Camilamazed
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I like Feelings but I still don't get the song in the album, I mean, the lyrics.

Bratislava reminds me of "Hostel".

randman21
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Stretching your fingers is the fun part. Makes the playing more special than other songs, and more challenging(more difficult in this area might be only some NOFX song) :) And yeah, I play it in standard tuning.

Hehe, okay. Just making sure I wasn't the only one. I've got some small hands for a guy my size.

Sinister
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I immensely enjoy Feelings. The solo is one of the best in any Offspring song ever.

dff_punk
05-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I do not have the biggest hands myself, but it isnt that hard after all anyway.

Yeah Bratislava reminds a lot of people of Hostel. Or Euro Trip is the other case. I can tell you, its nothing like that! :p

RODNEYMULLEN
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I think i can honestly say that i don't dislike one single offspring song. Because i don't skip tracks when i listen to offspring so those songs that sound kinda iffy grow on me.

randman21
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
The solo is one of the best in any Offspring song ever.
This is the response I've been waiting for! I agree fully. I definitely get into punk rawk mode for sure and want to break stuff when the solo comes. The 2-3 second part leading up to it ("Esus4, Emaj...Go!") is perfect for it, too.

I take exception to people describing it as a parody.

holland25
05-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Feelings are great song, but not one of my personal favourites, though they belong to the highlights of Americana.

darea
05-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Hehe, okay. Just making sure I wasn't the only one. I've got some small hands for a guy my size.

You DON't have small hands. When Im listening to the offspring I usually skip feelings but most of the other songs too, what I always like to listen to is have you ever, walla walla, kids aren't alright, the end of the line and pay the man.

I guess the songs I REALLY wanna skip each time are :
pretty fly, why dont you get a job, she's got issues and no brakes.
I skip feelings too, but when I think about it, its not that bad (and Im sure Id also think the solo was good if I paid attention to it more when I listen to it).

Blackball_
05-09-2008, 06:26 AM
you know the solo is badass when noodles has to whip out his secret weapon just to play it. ;)

Pionek
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Feelings is cover Moris Albert.

Hypodermic_89
05-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Feelings is ok, but I think it's the third worst song on Americana, worst being Why don't you get a job and second worst being Walla Walla.

randman21
05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Feelings is cover Moris Albert.
Heh, well I'm glad you created a username just to tell me, but I already knew this:D Although I wouldn't really consider it a cover either, it's more of that than a parody. The thing that gets it extra points from me is that they turned that horrible song into such greatness.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
"Feelings" is pretty much a top 5-10 Offspring song for me. I mean, it's up there. Anyone else?

"Feelings" is a good song, but I don't know whether I would say top 5 - 10 Offspring song. :p

dff_punk
05-09-2008, 08:40 AM
What is this with No Brakes and Walla Walla being bad songs? For me, they are ones of the highlights from the album.. And yeah, Im too lazy to start another thread for that :p

darea
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Walla walla is an awesome song, and ALL offspring songs are good.
I just preferred passing " no brakes" because I didnt like it that much. Same with "staring at the sun", always wondered why so many people likes it... its okay but not the best... but whatever people like what they like!!

randman21
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM
What is this with No Brakes and Walla Walla being bad songs? For me, they are ones of the highlights from the album.. And yeah, Im too lazy to start another thread for that :p
Haha, I got a kick out of that. It took me a long time to get into those two songs, but they are great. 5/5 stars for both.

LeAN|oFFsprinG
05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Heh, well I'm glad you created a username just to tell me, but I already knew this:D Although I wouldn't really consider it a cover either, it's more of that that a parody. The thing that gets it extra points from me is that they turned that horrible song into such greatness.

ohoh so funnyy, i didnt know that feelings is a parody xP im the only one?

This is the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgfXZuVNV0

disclaimer_07
05-09-2008, 01:46 PM
You DON't have small hands. When Im listening to the offspring I usually skip feelings but most of the other songs too, what I always like to listen to is have you ever, walla walla, kids aren't alright, the end of the line and pay the man.

I guess the songs I REALLY wanna skip each time are :
pretty fly, why dont you get a job, she's got issues and no brakes.
I skip feelings too, but when I think about it, its not that bad (and Im sure Id also think the solo was good if I paid attention to it more when I listen to it).

Too bad.... I think that No Brakes is one of the best songs from Americana.

Alex101
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
"Feelings" is an OK song, but it's not actually one of my favorite Offspring songs.

F@ BANKZ
05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Feelings is great. People dislike it because it isn't pure Offspring but it's just so fun and easy to listen to, and also to sing along to I must confess.