PDA

View Full Version : Dizzee Rascal

Sunny
05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
anyone else like the guy? or his kinda music for that matter?

i went to see him perform with El-P and Aesop Rock, and it was pretty awesome. i got to bust out my nerdy, corona-fueled, white girl hip hop moves - YAY!

barangatang
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I've heard one song, "Fix up, look sharp". It sounded cool and extremely spastic. As for english hip/hop, I really like the streets, but that's about all I've heard. I 'm also extremely jealous of you seeing Aesop.

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2008, 11:03 AM
If I ever see Aesop Rock live, I'm throwing a bottle at him and booing him off the goddamn stage. Then I'm gonna meet him out back and have a little "chat" *cracks knuckles*

Dizzee Rascal is one of those "so overrated he's underrated" guys for me. He's quite good. Fix Up, Look Sharp is very good, and I also like We Aint Havin' It, and the entire Maths + English album was okay when I heard it that one time. I wouldn't mind checking him out.

Sunny
05-12-2008, 11:10 AM
he is really fun live. like, i thought he sounded really overproduced for some reason, and kinda expected him to suck live. surprisingly, though, he sounded fantastic, if you like the whole britspaz thing.

i dunno what is up with me. i've been listening to him and so solid crew.. and even the goddamn streets. someone needs to slap the british out of me =/

H1T_That
05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
I pretty much hate him and all the other clones of him that are bursting out of the underground scene here.

Sunny
05-12-2008, 12:07 PM
aw, well. what are his fans like in the UK? at the NYC show it was pretty much 20-something white hipster kids and i was wondering if he attracted the same crowd in his country of origin.

H1T_That
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
If i'm honest, i don't know a lot of people that are in to him, and the few that i do are extremly differnet types of people.

1 guy i know is a rapper himself, and is a pretty cool guy. He's mid 20's i think..

On the other had i used to know this other dude who always had his CD's on at school, and he is a total scum-bag thief drug user, who if i'm not mistaken is due to stand trial for burglary later this year.

Um, you could check his myspace page and get a generalisation of people from there if you want to know that bad...

sorry i was no help whatsoever.

BREAK
05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
I have Boy In Da Corner and honestly don't see anything good about it at all. That said, I really wish that tour was coming to my town. El-P is a fucking monster.

Sunny
05-13-2008, 09:06 AM
i actually enjoyed dizzee rascal more than el-p, which may or may not have had something to do with my degree of intoxication (DR played last, soo). or maybe i like total spaz tunez and horrible brit accents.

busdriver (the other act) sucked ass though.

but yeah, overall, good times, definitely worth the $20.

BREAK
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
busdriver

:(
Don't wanna go anymore.