PDA

View Full Version : Official album cover on the Homepage!

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
The official album cover for Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace is on the front page now!

This is it:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/Youth_Energy/Cover02.jpg

And this was my rendition that I made before the real cover came out:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/Youth_Energy/Cover.jpg

Pretty damn close, huh ;)

RonWelty
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
The official album cover for Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace is on the front page now!

This is it:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/Youth_Energy/Cover02.jpg

And this was my rendition that I made before the real cover came out:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/Youth_Energy/Cover.jpg

Pretty damn close, huh ;)

My Opinion : ugly. But i give more importance to the music...

dff_punk
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
So this is finally it. The matrix is closed.

Anyway... the more I look at it, the more I like it. :)

hshduppsnt
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
impressive rendition!

I like the album cover!

Orange County
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Same colour scheme as Green Day's American Idiot lol

Lets hope the album is 10x better!

Biggest offspring fan
05-12-2008, 02:42 PM
We now have atleast two threads about the new artwork... Anyway you made some nice work there :)

RonWelty
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Did you noticed that the album cover has no similarity with the Hammerhead single cover...

Aion
05-12-2008, 02:44 PM
i rather to see/listen what's inside
and the picture...i'm sure it has a meaning...

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
It goes well with the title and setlist, but it doesn't look like it will go with the other albums' art. I don't really care at all though if I'm honest.

ThunderPX
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Eh. I still don't like it. They could've made the text look a little bit better with just a few minutes in Paint Shop Pro, imo. And the background that was behind the angel earlier was kickass too, it filled everything up much better.

Bazza
05-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Who says this is the final image? It could just be another piece in the overall puzzle that is the RAFRAG cover art!!

offspring_freak_3
05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Eh. I still don't like it. They could've made the text look a little bit better with just a few minutes in Paint Shop Pro, imo. And the background that was behind the angel earlier was kickass too, it filled everything up much better.

agreed.
but i dont think its finished yet.
its too damn simple. i think they are just putting the booklet's images just to mess arround it us.
i think the final art will be all those random images that are up at the main page in just one. if you know what i mean.
if it turns out the way i think it'll be, it'll be fuckin awesome, cuz, i didnt liked the ideia of the angel thing being the one thing in the cover

GunForHire
05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Still hoping that's not the final font.

Peedr
05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Unfortunately, this is the final version. Or at least it seems like from what we've heard from soxic's.

Marc_Nitschke
05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
well i would have loved if they would use the slinter font, the one with the skull in the "o", or the one from this website (the white on on top:...)
but i pretty much think that this is the final cover...i don't think they would post this version, had it out to others AND then take some other,...but i'm sure we will get official confirmation later today or tomorrow....

but all in all i like the cover...

ThunderPX
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, soxic said this was what the cover looked like. So unless someone at Columbia suddenly agreed it was too simple, this is probably it.

slade
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I hope that's not the final version because it fucken sucks.

Looks like an amateur made it.

offspring_freak_3
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
What's wrong with simple?
nothing's wrong. keep it simple is good, but, in my opinion, i didnt liked the ideia of the angel being the only thing in the front cover.
i also thing it's so not offspring lke [offspringish?], i know they are trying to make something different from the other albuns, but it just looked wrong at my point of view.

anyway, linking the front cover or not, it doenst matter. all that matters are the fuckin songs!

Looks like an amateur made it.

kinda what i thought

TeddyBear_Army
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
fucking love the angel
fucking hate the font
i give it a fucking 6/10

fuck!

the hitcher
05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
For fuck's sake are you lot ever gonna be happy with anything
that the offspring do or is it just a hobbie to try and bring down
this album.

you wanted a new song you got it .
you wanted a release date you have it.
and then you wanted a album cover ya just got it.

No offence and no going against free speech
but a lot of you have been bitching when the new album hasent even been released.

drex878
05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4394/ffespgcoversu9.jpg + http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5535/velvetrevolverlibertadng3.jpg = http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5865/photo1ig2.jpg

...Just joking :D

The album art is pretty cool. It'll look a lot better on the actual album though.

polka4life
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I love the cover art! Simplicity is always better than gobs of gook. (sorry, wasn't huge on Ixnay cover). Now, when are you going to make a video for Hammerhead?!

Ryder1234
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4394/ffespgcoversu9.jpg + http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5535/velvetrevolverlibertadng3.jpg = http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5865/photo1ig2.jpg

i like the fact that that pretty much sums it up :p

Cock Joke
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
You gotta be a fucking psychic or something, man! Holy shit!!!

I kinda liked it better with the people tugging and the clouds and all that shit, but whateva! We'll probably see that in the pamphlet thingy.

Ryder1234
I love the cover art! Simplicity is always better than gobs of gook. (sorry, wasn't huge on Ixnay cover). Now, when are you going to make a video for Hammerhead?!

in an interview it was said they were filming it around the start of may... so pretty soon i would think, it doesnt take to long to film videos.
(remember dexter said in the commentary for CGMHAY on CMVC that it was their longest shoot and it only took 24 hrs?)

slade

I'm a simplistic guy as well, i prefer it but as long as it works. For me that cover doesn't.

Ryder1234
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
For fuck's sake are you lot ever gonna be happy with anything
that the offspring do or is it just a hobbie to try and bring down
this album.

you wanted a new song you got it .
you wanted a release date you have it.
and then you wanted a album cover ya just got it.

No offence and no going against free speech
but a lot of you have been bitching when the new album hasent even been released.

agreed

STOP THE BITCHING!

Marc_Nitschke
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
in an interview it was said they were filming it around the start of may... so pretty soon i would think, it doesnt take to long to film videos.
(remember dexter said in the commentary for CGMHAY on CMVC that it was their longest shoot and it only took 24 hrs?)

he didn't say it was the longest shoot, he said it was there longest shoot that took a day...

that doesn't mean that they haven't done shoots that took over a day...

but nonetheless... normaly a video is shoot in between two to three days...so it indeed doesn#t take that much time, but it could take a while in post-production, depending on how much visual fx they put into it...(i hope not to much though....) i like videos with a nice little story AND a lot of the band performing...:D

RonWelty
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, iīm really sad with the cover.... man it feels like a DIY release...

IamSam
05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
To be honest it looks like something my buddy would draw on Photoshop in his spare time. It doesn't look that professional, mainly the font. The angel is cool looking.

Unnatural Disaster
05-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Awesome Artwork...

HORRIBLE font though...:mad:

It would look better if it had no text on it at all, IMO.

ANDRE NOODLES HOLLAND
05-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Very , Very Cool
Rsrrs:d:d

spidey255
05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Same colour scheme as Green Day's American Idiot lol

Lets hope the album is 10x better!

It's also the same color scheme as Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First and New Maps of Hell, AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset, Tom Waits - Real Gone, Rancid - Indestructible, Weird Al - Alapalooza, Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist, The Living End - Modern Artillery, Pennywise - Land of the Free...I could go on forever. So what exactly is your point?

disclaimer_07
05-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Looks cute anyway.

jacknife737
05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm kind of with the majority i think, by saying I really like the angel, but i'm not a fan of the font. I actually thing something that followed the same style as the images that were posted on the site earlier would have made a better cover.

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I can't help but notice that alot of the bitchers and moaners here are only members or junior members..

People, the cover is fucking awesome. Conspiracy of One, now THAT'S a boring front cover! And stop whining about the fuckin' font, how important is a font on an album anyway? I wouldn't have cared if they used The Simpsons-font on it.

People who don't like this cover simply don't understand symbolism and lack artistic vision.

Peedr
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
OK, now, it's official: http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2008&newsID=436894

Hypodermic_89
05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Shut the fuck up please? kthx.

It really just needs more going on in it. It's too simple. It truely is a very boring thing to look at.
Don't tell me to shut up you fucking junior! What the hell do you mean "too simple"? That angel is one of the most creative things they have done. And too much red on the album would ruin it. It's a perfect balance between red and black. Let's think about this:

Self-titled: Just some blurry chick or boy. Boring.
Ignition: Burning house. Cool, but nothing special.
Smash: Some sort of "x-ray" skeleton, really awesome.
Ixnay: Sloppy drawing, but creative and original. Very good.
Americana: Bad cover all together, but fits well with the album theme.
Conspiracy of One: Introduction of the flaming skull. Worst cover by The Offspring.
Splinter: Some roman statue, ready to explode. Pretty cool.
Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace: Red/black angel in chains with two arrows in her heart.

You complainers are so superficial. You are the kind of people who would get a tattoo of something on your fucking forehead and not knowing what the tattoo actually means.

Stop focusing on what the angel actually looks like, and start thinking about its meaning. Why is it chained? Why does it have TWO arrows through it's heart? All these thoughts will hopefully make you appreciate it more. Fuck.

F@ BANKZ
05-13-2008, 12:01 AM
I can't help but notice that alot of the bitchers and moaners here are only members or junior members..

People, the cover is fucking awesome. Conspiracy of One, now THAT'S a boring front cover! And stop whining about the fuckin' font, how important is a font on an album anyway? I wouldn't have cared if they used The Simpsons-font on it.

People who don't like this cover simply don't understand symbolism and lack artistic vision.

Somehow I doubt it. It's artwork for an album, it isn't ambiguity city- it's fairly evident what the artwork depicts and people will make their own interpretations like they do with almost any piece of art, that doesn't make it special. People that don't like don't like the style above anything else; it looks like the terrible artwork from Co1 (which was terrible). Symbolism is all very well and good but it does not excuse ugliness in art.

Personally, I don't hate this artwork, I'm not in love with it. I have never really appreciated/cared for their artwork, but in comparison I'd say this one's seems better than Conspiracy's but worse than Americana's.

Jesus
05-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Well, iīm really sad with the cover.... man it feels like a DIY release...

Nothing wrong with DIY. Almost all of their covers look like that (especially the greatest hits and co1 from the latter albums), Splinter was the exception.

I like it, and I really like the font too (mature simple). I'm glad they got rid of the skull, wasn't really a fan of it.

Smash punker
05-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Ok!!!!!!!!
I dig that cover. Itīs kinda nice to me! Canīt wait to buy t-shirts of that!!!!!!!! :D

randman21
05-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Man, I was really worried when we started seeing the different images every day, but I'm actually liking this a lot. Since I really don't give a crap about the album art, I tried to judge it on whether the cover would catch the eye of a person who didn't already know it was there. I think it definitely will.:cool:

Still, I'm having a pretty hard time picturing what it will look like without the actual physical contour of a case.

The Search Button
05-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Average cover for me. The angel is pretty cool. The background should have been that other one we saw. The black and red one, that was cool. All black doesn't work for me. The font is ok, just that.

Do you people think that the guys pulling the chains will be on the back cover? That would be sweet. Or they just got rid of it? That would be bad.

Bring back the old background cause that would make this cover much better.

RonWelty
05-13-2008, 04:02 AM

dude:

first: iīm older in this forum, so shut up
second: everyone have their own opinion

Dexter_italy
05-13-2008, 04:04 AM
I really like the cover, and I think the other images will be on the booklet. I'm happy that there's no skull on "the offspring" and i like the font. Maybe they could've used another font for the album title, but it fits.

Now I hope they'll have the pics we saw in this days as background in live!! the angel with the hole behind and pople holding the chains...now THAT would bel AWESOME!!
________
Jailbroken (http://jailbroken.org/)

OFFilip
05-13-2008, 04:07 AM
I like the cover, but I don't think it's their best one. I'd like the cover to be more like that :

http://img.upload.ladujfotke.pl/_143/68.png

Dexter_italy
05-13-2008, 04:10 AM
I like the cover, but I don't think it's their best one. I'd like the cover to be more like that :

http://img.upload.ladujfotke.pl/_143/68.png

hmmmmmm ehmmmmmmmmm ihhhhhhhh nope :D and then that's just the americana font (the offspring) it's sad to re use it... (just my taste)
________
No2 vaporizer charging info (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Lord_Gabo
05-13-2008, 04:38 AM
It's also the same color scheme as Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First and New Maps of Hell, AFI - Black Sails in the Sunset, Tom Waits - Real Gone, Rancid - Indestructible, Weird Al - Alapalooza, Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist, The Living End - Modern Artillery, Pennywise - Land of the Free...I could go on forever. So what exactly is your point?

Great Cover! and if something about music could remember Greed Day. fuck off!
Offspring Doing ALL better than Green Day

RonWelty
05-13-2008, 04:38 AM
it seems like a picture in a t-shirt, not like a front cd cover...but ok...we have to accept it now...

holland25
05-13-2008, 04:40 AM
I like the cover very much.

splinterosaur
05-13-2008, 04:44 AM
It's (no doubt) intentional that the cover has kind of DIY effect, I think. I'm not the biggest fan of the font either, I would've rather had the font shown at the top of this forum (the bold and wide)... But have to admit, the font they have there fits the cover much better than the one at the top of the page would.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
When I saw the cover, my first thoughts were "Oh, so that the cover, I like" :cool:

zabumba
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeap , nice cover :)

thesparky33
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Don't tell me to shut up you fucking junior! What the hell do you mean "too simple"? That angel is one of the most creative things they have done. And too much red on the album would ruin it. It's a perfect balance between red and black. Let's think about this:

Self-titled: Just some blurry chick or boy. Boring.
Ignition: Burning house. Cool, but nothing special.
Smash: Some sort of "x-ray" skeleton, really awesome.
Ixnay: Sloppy drawing, but creative and original. Very good.
Americana: Bad cover all together, but fits well with the album theme.
Conspiracy of One: Introduction of the flaming skull. Worst cover by The Offspring.
Splinter: Some roman statue, ready to explode. Pretty cool.
Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace: Red/black angel in chains with two arrows in her heart.

You complainers are so superficial. You are the kind of people who would get a tattoo of something on your fucking forehead and not knowing what the tattoo actually means.

Stop focusing on what the angel actually looks like, and start thinking about its meaning. Why is it chained? Why does it have TWO arrows through it's heart? All these thoughts will hopefully make you appreciate it more. Fuck.
Dude, chill out. Just because someone doesnt like the album artwork and you do, doesnt mean there is anything wrong with that.

To be honest, I think Americana and Conspiracy of One had their best artwork inside the liner notes, and they actually had a well known artist do it for them. I know its just my opinion, but I think they both have rad artwork, sue me...

And that is relevant how...? Just because some havent been here longer than some doesnt mean their opinion doesnt matter as much... how old are you?

And the font is horrible. Being as I'm an art major, and having to take a font class, any graphic designer will tell you that a font will make or break any piece of artwork, and this font, unfortunately "breaks" this piece of artwork.

Hellhound
05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
The layout looks a bit like Ixnay's, at least for the text.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/a/a2/Ixnay_on_the_hombre.jpghttp://www.offspring.com/ofe/content/photos/fullsize/1023039375-N1301-N2363.jpg

Drafan
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
The Angel is down, I say again, the Angel is down! Abort the mission!

05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
It's just not... Offspringish. I don't know how to explain it really. It doesn't seem it would fit the whole album that great? I personally think they should have went with a mix of Ixnay kinda stuff with some of the Hammerhead artwork. Like the Coat of Arms, etc.

Like I said before, needs more going on in it. Its just an Angel with Chains and Arrows in her with shitty Font. I really hope that this is just a joke.

I mean it's gotta be? Right? I don't think they would do this.

Dexter_italy
05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
It's just not... Offspringish. I don't know how to explain it really. It doesn't seem it would fit the whole album that great? I personally think they should have went with a mix of Ixnay kinda stuff with some of the Hammerhead artwork. Like the Coat of Arms, etc.

Like I said before, needs more going on in it. Its just an Angel with Chains and Arrows in her with shitty Font. I really hope that this is just a joke.

I mean it's gotta be? Right? I don't think they would do this.

do you now what's the meaning of the word official? then ceck the homepage and checkout the news about the album cover... that's it no jokes... And it totally rocks... :D
________
PUBLIC BLACK (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/929/black/videos/1)

05-13-2008, 10:27 AM
do you now what's the meaning of the word official? then ceck the homepage and checkout the news about the album cover... that's it no jokes... And it totally rocks... :D

How do you know they aren't doing it to see our reactions? They have done things similar before. Maybe that drawing that one dude made of it when he couldn't show us started a whole big deal. Unlikely but I still hope it's a joke.

IT JUST ISN'T OFFSPRING DAMNIT! :(

Hypodermic_89
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
How do you know they aren't doing it to see our reactions? They have done things similar before. Maybe that drawing that one dude made of it when he couldn't show us started a whole big deal. Unlikely but I still hope it's a joke.

Based on interviews with Dexter and Noodles about the upcoming album, there is going to be awhole lot of new stuff on it. Acoustic guitar, piano, and different instruments. So if the music is going to be new and different, why not the album cover too? I think they fucking nailed it with the cover.

shanna_guarana
05-13-2008, 11:02 AM

Why are you so disappointed?! Look at the brighter side....you do like hammerhead, don't you?!

maplejet
05-13-2008, 11:20 AM
The font really looks a little stale...the image probably has some symbology and stuff.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't really like it... It's not what I expect from the offspring. One of the worst album cover if you ask me .... But hey its the music, right?;)

Camilamazed
05-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Let them do something different. I'm not very much into it right just now. But I have faith something awesome is going to come up as a whole.

=)

They've never let us down, have they?

Oh yeah, Greatest Hits. =|

F@ BANKZ
05-13-2008, 01:38 PM

It's tempting to think that anything new "isn't Offspring". Hammerhead wasn't typical Offspring, maybe the rest of the album won't be. In that case, why should the artwork have to be? The band have to change their style a little.

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
It's just not... Offspringish. I don't know how to explain it really.

Except...the Offspring are doing it, so shouldn't that fact alone make it the most "Offspringish" possible?

icklebabygremlin
05-13-2008, 02:19 PM
My Opinion : ugly. But i give more importance to the music...

i really think its shit

Dirty Magic
05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
If they at least put the skull in the design somewhere I think it would have been a lot better. Like in the O for example like they did on Splinter. Perhaps the skull will be on the back... or perhaps behind the CD... or maybe it will be on the disc artwork. It's going to be in there somewhere.

Windextor
05-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Looks pretty half-ass to me

Marc_Nitschke
05-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Their worst albums covers were on Ignition and the Self-Titled album.
Ignition is still my favorite album.
What I'm trying to say is that, in a music band, album artwork is really not what's important.

well, first I personally think that artwork is important, of cause not as important as the music, but an abum is made out of both, and both are important...

2nd: i still like the artwork for the new record....actually i like it more with every time i look at it....even tough i even would love to see the "the offspring"-logo from splinter on there... but this one is fine, too

3rd...are you talking about the CD s/t or the vinyl s/t cover artwork???
the CD artwork is kinda bad, but the original artwork ist great...
(which is a thing i don't get....i read that the re-released CD has another artwork then the original vinyl, because nitro didn't want to go with the original cover,..., but nitro IS dexter.?! - i don't get it-....)

IamSam
05-13-2008, 04:20 PM

The font is as boring as masturbation and it lacks artistic vision. I love the angel, but the font lacks any and all thought process. It looks like they picked a font from Word 07 at random and WordArted it. CO1 was exciting because it was a neat image that signified the band and had a somewhat exciting font. This album does not look exciting.

The music however, from sonix description, excites me to no end.

iPunk247
05-13-2008, 04:43 PM
It's neat the new art cover album aswell as their music. The BADASS offy men

CULDAd
05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Awesome work !!

drex878
05-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Hypodermic_89 is probably the most artistic one out of all us, therefore we shall listen to him, hah. Seriously though, there is way, way to much complaining about everything related to RAFRAG, let alone the album art.

SyLeS
05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Its okay, i really really like the angel. the only thing i dont really like is the font, i just.. dont like it at all

Cock Joke
05-13-2008, 07:35 PM
It's now been made official in the news section, in case nobody noticed.

Jesus
05-14-2008, 12:20 AM
If they at least put the skull in the design somewhere I think it would have been a lot better. Like in the O for example like they did on Splinter. Perhaps the skull will be on the back... or perhaps behind the CD... or maybe it will be on the disc artwork. It's going to be in there somewhere.

No skull anymore please :(.
Kinda funny though when the skull first came out, it was bashed a lot and now a lot are in favour of it. People don't like change I guess...

Smash punker
05-14-2008, 12:33 AM
IT JUST ISN'T OFFSPRING DAMNIT! :([/QUOTE]

Yeah! Itīs not, but isnīt it what a lot of members here wanted all the time? The new Offspring? I personally love that angel. Itīs black and red. If Iīm not wrong, those are punk-rock colors. So..........:D

Ryder1234
05-14-2008, 12:40 AM
No skull anymore please :(.
Kinda funny though when the skull first came out, it was bashed a lot and now a lot are in favour of it. People don't like change I guess...

i hated it then and still do now

WebDudette
05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm a senior member who has been around since 2005, does that mean my opinion is valid?

I honestly really dislike it. Like the forum layout I feel it is unprofessional and kind of sloppy. The font, in particular, looks pretty unprofessional and the angel looks like something I would have drawn in grade school.

All together it looks like some media tech project I would throw together in an hour or so, along with the new website layout.

I'm all for seeing something new, if it was good.

Hmm... I guess I'm just to close minded to understand it.

Smash punker
05-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Maybe, thatīs what the band wanted to do. Just do it simple for now. Like the names of the albums - Offspring, Ignition, S.M.A.S.H., Americana, Splinter.... They do simple stuff. Get used to it! :D

slade
05-14-2008, 02:30 AM
They should've made the Angel bigger and used the backgrounds in the pictures they uploaded before the final one. Make it blend in more instead of just shoving it on top. And definitely should've changed the font.

I'm actually quite surprised that's the cover and they let it be the cover.

It would be awesome though if they had the guys holding the chains on the back cover like someone said.

And don't have a cry about me having a cry.

Count Orlok
05-14-2008, 02:32 AM
I like the new cover art,but i donīt think itīs their best one.
My favourite cover is still Ixnay,and i love the Ignition one,too.Simple but atmospheric.

BTW:Hello,everybody!Iīm new here,but iīm not a new Offspring fan.

Nitroadict
05-14-2008, 03:49 AM
I prefer the album cover I made, honestly:

http://poppychop.net/ubu/risenfall4.png

:D

Vera
05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Well, it's the inside that counts.. ;]

HeadAroundU
05-14-2008, 04:29 AM
The font is as boring as masturbation and it lacks artistic vision.
I disagree. The font resembles chain, but you're all too professional to notice it. The letters are vertically cut. You could put them together.

It reminded me of 'céčka'. I loved it when I was baby-HAU.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9%C4%8Dka

camilo andres
05-14-2008, 08:28 AM
The angel works actually, I like it, but I dislike the heart and the arrows... looks kinda emo...
The font reminds of the A-Team, as I wrote before, but it is the cover and I respect that.

Hypodermic_89
05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
The angel works actually, I like it, but I dislike the heart and the arrows... looks kinda emo...
The font reminds of the A-Team, as I wrote before, but it is the cover and I respect that.
I'm really surprised that I myself DON'T think it's emo. When I see emo, I usually see like a stupid, REALLY sketchy looking heart with like a Noose around it or maybe it's like bleeding. This just looks smooth, and I like it.

spidey255
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Maybe, thatīs what the band wanted to do. Just do it simple for now. Like the names of the albums - Offspring, Ignition, S.M.A.S.H., Americana, Splinter.... They do simple stuff. Get used to it! :D

S.M.A.S.H.?

sidney87crosby
05-14-2008, 08:55 AM
It's kinda cool. Could be better.

L0Ki
05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
WTF?!! It's kinda joke or what? That album cover sux hard! :eek:

*jc13*
05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, i love the new offspring album cover, its awesome! you know, the angel with the chains, the heart with the arrows, i think the cover has a great meaning, but, for me the best offspring cover is the ixnay on the hombre cover, how i love that cover

I CANT WAIT FOR 6 (portugal concert!!!!!) and 16 (rise and fall, rage and grace release date here in portugal!!!!!) June!!!!!

L0Ki
05-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Still, the cover can be even something like that, without cheap photoshop glowing and disgusting fonts

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/lokich/rafraag.jpg

H1T_That
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
It's pretty dissapointing compared to some of the awesome stuff people on here have done.

jacknife737
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
What Loki did was pretty cool.

Jack-UK
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Agreed, it could look quite good.. but just some half assed 'glow' and standard text.

FAIL.

But lets hope the music is good! :D

05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Still, the cover can be even something like that, without cheap photoshop glowing and disgusting fonts

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/lokich/rafraag.jpg

See, that is SO much better than the actual one.

Marc_Nitschke
05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
i don't know what you guys have against the glow...i think the angel looks much better WITH it...
but the other fonts are looking a little bit better...i was hoping that they were going with this "the offspring" font...

but i like the aktual cover...

spidey255
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think the glow is an issue either. The font doesn't bother me really. I like the whole feel of it a lot.

Hypodermic_89
05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I think the front cover is kept simple because there's nothing to represent. No lyrics or anything. I think the lyrics booklet is the thing that's going to be fucking AMAZING.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the front cover. Symbolistic, simple, and also my two favorite colors.

Superdope
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
You know, if I was in a band, and people on my BBS (LOL, liek therr wud b any1 !!!) were talking this much crap about an album cover, then I would be :(

I think many of you look too hard for stuff to dislike, but maybe that's just me.

Jesus
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
You know, if I was in a band, and people on my BBS (LOL, liek therr wud b any1 !!!) were talking this much crap about an album cover, then I would be :(

I think many of you look too hard for stuff to dislike, but maybe that's just me.

I think they are used to it by now. This place has sort of always been like that.

Superdope
05-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I think they are used to it by now. This place has sort of always been like that.

Maybe, but that doesn't justify it.

RonWelty
05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
come on, everybody has his/hers own opinion... some people like it, some didnīt...WHatīs the problem with that?

Nitroadict
05-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Concerning the len's flare...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/08/22/

Dexter_italy
05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
come on, everybody has his/hers own opinion... some people like it, some didn?t...WHat?s the problem with that?

The opinion is right, but saying it sucks it's not an opinion for me... People here seems just able to ask, more and more...
give us news - news given
give us journal - journal given
update the site - site updated
give us a song - song given (free)
give us the artwork - artwork given with funny teasing

So now all the complaining...really if I was in the band I wasn't sad, I was "what the fuck you want more? suck my balls little bastards!! if you don't like it design one in your own and put it on the cd or up your ass" :D

An opinion is accepted from everyone, but sometimes in here seems that the band owes something to us... and that's not true!!
________
HELP IN LOVE (http://www.love-help.org/)

jacknife737
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
that's why I'm quitting this forum when the album comes out...

Apathetic much? Especially for someone who has only been here less then 15 days.

Smash punker
05-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Maybe this is not a real cover. Maybe the Offspring just wanted to shut those big mouths of yours and just drawed a simple angel with this font. I guess, that thereīs a possibility of the cover to be changed. :D But I know Iīm wrong! :D

Jesus
05-15-2008, 01:57 AM
come on, everybody has his/hers own opinion... some people like it, some didnīt...WHatīs the problem with that?

I don't mind it. But I guess constructive criticism would be better (if you don't like the cover) than just your average tantrum and saying it just fucking sucks and making a big deal out of it. Most people end up putting it on their mp3 player and don't see the cover anyway.

Zee
05-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I think it'll look good on the actual booklet... the font, however, is a bit uninspired but It'll grow on me. The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. Again, on the booklet and on the real album case it shall look good!

I'm not that huge on album covers, but they do give some image into your head. Let's say that Greatest Hits was totally uninspired and way too dark, black and depressive for their music. Conspiracy Of One gives an image of toy shop for me, but it was still okay. Americana, now that's just awesome. "The Offspring" logo and font there is so far the best they've had in my opinion.

Jesus
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm not that huge on album covers, but they do give some image into your head. Let's say that Greatest Hits was totally uninspired and way too dark, black and depressive for their music. Conspiracy Of One gives an image of toy shop for me, but it was still okay. Americana, now that's just awesome.

I'm <3 this comment. Couldn't agree more.

Orange County
05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
On Play.com they have 'Digipack' next to the album

Whats that?

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/5476088/Rise-And-Fall-Rage-And-Grace/Product.html

Jesus
05-16-2008, 02:45 AM
On Play.com they have 'Digipack' next to the album

Whats that?

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/5476088/Rise-And-Fall-Rage-And-Grace/Product.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digipak

Sort of like the mezmerize / hypnotize packaging by system of a down

WRex
05-16-2008, 05:56 AM
I don't mind the album cover, it has a relevance to the name of the album(Think a bit). Its an angel with arrows in their heart, right? Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace... Opposites of each other, right? How often do you see an angel with arrows in its heart?
Thats what I think... I could be wrong
It should be a pretty good album... I pre-ordered mine from Play last night, and can't wait for it to come out.

RonWelty
05-16-2008, 06:08 AM
I don't mind it. But I guess constructive criticism would be better (if you don't like the cover) than just your average tantrum and saying it just fucking sucks and making a big deal out of it. Most people end up putting it on their mp3 player and don't see the cover anyway.

Dude, I Think itīs ugly, badly done and doesnīt fit in "The offspring"īs status. I donīt study ART, Itīs just my opinion. It has nothing in common at all with Hammerheadīs single front cover. Everybody i showed the cover said "Itīs so fuckin ugly". But i agree with you, when you say that random people doesnīt give a shit about the cover. Itīs true.

Count Orlok
05-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Iīm excited about how the text booklet will be designed.
With a drawing for each song like on Conspircy Of One or with a single artwork like the one of Ixnay

Peedr
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digipak

Sort of like the mezmerize / hypnotize packaging by system of a downDigipacks suck major ass, I hope it'll be also released in classic CD case.

Drafan
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Iīm expecting the booklet image to be some sort of story about the angel. Because of the the way it was presented to us, first there were the people with chain, than hole, angel, it could be interesting.

Smash punker
05-17-2008, 03:25 PM
The Offspring are not some fucking story tellers. Now itīs official with the new merch stuff. Itīs just an angel nothing else! :D

brothadave79
05-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Official? Since when have their t-shirts been wholly representative of the album art?

Smash punker
05-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Since itīs merch! :D

ThunderPX
05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes, obviously t-shirts were never merchandise before this revolutionary album cover. :rolleyes:

Drafan
05-17-2008, 04:13 PM
The Offspring are not some fucking story tellers. Now itīs official with the new merch stuff. Itīs just an angel nothing else! :D

Things are changing now! The bookletīs gonna have 250 pages, 150 pictures and weight 2 kilos. :D

Smash punker
05-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Wow, You donīt sleep yet? Where can I get that stuff? :D

camilo andres
05-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe the lyrics of any of the songs talk about an angel chained and his/her heart striken by arrows, just like the American Idiot front cover, on the song She's a Rebel the lyrics goes "She's holding on my heart like a hand grenade".