YODAvid
05-13-2008, 09:49 AM
someone close this, please.

zsk
05-13-2008, 09:49 AM
why???:confused:

dff_punk
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I will NEVER agree. Without this song written and released, a lot of people here(including me) could not ever start listening to punk rock music in general! Okay I got a little mad.

YODAvid
05-13-2008, 09:53 AM
because this song has been discussed over and over. like a million times. like ALWAYS since it first came out.

Manzanubrio
05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
hmmmm

i think that's the worst song if we dont include When you're in prison, intermission.. those arent songs, only tracks

i think Pretty fly is the worst song cause Offspring made a shit starting from a good base (or demo song). its guitars sounded great, but when they added the girls singin' "ah ah, ah ah" they made a big... shit? i dont know what to call it.

i think Original prankster and Pretty fly, are the same kind of song, the worst Offspring could do :mad:

disclaimer_07
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
hmmmm

i think that's the worst song if we dont include When you're in prison, intermission.. those arent songs, only tracks

i think Pretty fly is the worst song cause Offspring made a shit starting from a good base (or demo song). its guitars sounded great, but when they added the girls singin' "ah ah, ah ah" they made a big... shit? i dont know what to call it.

i think Original prankster and Pretty fly, are the same kind of song, the worst Offspring could do :mad:

I think that Original Prankster is worse than Pretty Fly.

Dosix
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
No , I think the worst song is "Feelings" I hate this song ..

Manzanubrio
05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Feelings? that's a good song... very fast intro... calmed voice... i like it

Americana album sounds great (except pretty fly :mad:)

i didnt vote yet, i forgot it :rolleyes:

Hypodermic_89
05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Pretty Fly is a prefect song of mockery directed towards wiggers. (White people who think they are black). I hate wiggers. So I don't hate it.

I don't like Me & My old lady. I just think it's boring.

disclaimer_07
05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
No , I think the worst song is "Feelings" I hate this song ..

You hate it because it's a cover? I don't hate it, I just don't listen to it very often.

Dan Ta Life
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Pretty Fly is a great song, I dont know what you guys are talking about. Hit That and Original Prankster definately suck more than Pretty Fly.

holland25
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't like Pretty Fly, but there are some tracks I don't like even more.

Manzanubrio
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Pretty Fly is a prefect song of mockery directed towards wiggers. (White people who think they are black). I hate wiggers. So I don't hate it.

I don't like Me & My old lady. I just think it's boring.

Me & my old lady is a strange song, out of Offspring's style. that isnt pure rock, that's more or less, dark rock, i think :rolleyes: but i like it

another strange song is Race against myself... i think it's similar to Me & my old lady... but Race against myself is more boring than M&MOL :D

both are songs out of Offs' style..

Ninty Man
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Pretty Fly is a great song, I dont know what you guys are talking about. Hit That and Original Prankster definately suck more than Pretty Fly.

Hit that has pretty clever lyrics, such pretty fly... Original Prankster has lame lyrics but good rhythm.MMM I think the worst is so alone

Cejus
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
How can you say it's the worst song, if you have its lyrics on your sig?

I really like Pretty Fly, if it wasn't for that song I'd probably never have listened to The Offspring in the first place. It's not only a catchy song, but its lyrics are funny, too.

There are Offspring songs with way worse lyrics and way less creative music. If it were by all you trupunx we'd get the same Offspring punk song repeated endlessly in every album. Just like The Ramones songs... hehe.

Manzanubrio
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
How can you say it's the worst song, if you have its lyrics on your sig?

I really like Pretty Fly, if it wasn't for that song I'd probably never have listened to The Offspring in the first place. It's not only a catchy song, but its lyrics are funny, too.

There are Offspring songs with way worse lyrics and way less creative music. If it were by all you trupunx we'd get the same Offspring punk song repeated endlessly in every album. Just like The Ramones songs... hehe.

i have its lyrics in my sig cause i'm from spain and they sing in spanish :p

it happens the same to me, if i didnt listened to it, i'd maybe never listened to Offspring, but i think that's the worst song, anyway :D

Dosix
05-13-2008, 11:23 AM
No I don't hate this song because this is cover.
"I wanna be sedeated" this is cover too and I like this song very much . I don't know why I don't like "feelings" .Always when this song begin to play on my media player I skip it for next song. I just do not like it. That's all.

Jesus
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
No, stuff like feelings, no brakes, living in chaos, not the one, so alone, me and my old lady etc are all worse

Stupid debate, it depends on the person.

Manzanubrio
05-13-2008, 11:49 AM

I completely agree.

but we're here to debate about our tastes, no? :D

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I think this is all incredibly subjective and no amount of debate is ever going to get people to agree. It got an awful lot of attention for a supposedly "bad" song so that should say something right there.

Pretty Fly is a prefect song of mockery directed towards wiggers. (White people who think they are black). I hate wiggers. So I don't hate it..

Just so you know, "wigger" is an offensive term. Think about it.

Tijs
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Pretty Fly's a great song, it's just those girl voices and the 'aha aha' which makes it sound cheesy. I love the guitar and Dexter's aggressive voice.

no brakes
Excuse me?

living in chaos
Excuse me?

not the one
Excuse me?

me and my old lady
EXCUSE ME?!

Jesus
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Glad we can agree on feelings and so alone ;).

Hmm although now you make me doubt about me and my old lady.

Not the one: after the first minute, the chorus is just repeated until the second minute. They could have just cut a minute out of the song ;).
Living with chaos: don't like the effects on dexter's vocals on some parts. The "falling" screaming part is pretty awesome though
No Brakes: was never a fan of that though, seemed to me always like all i want version 2.0 .. After the first minute , the chorus just gets repeated and it isn't that good.

This said, I'd be happy if they would replace pretty fly with any of those songs in live shows (because we've heard pretty fly a zillion times and it does get more boring than some of the other hits). Living in chaos was really good live although they use samples on that one. No brakes would be pretty sweet cause they have never played that one live and it's pretty energetic. Can't remember them playing not the one live either though.

zsk
05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
i think hit that and pretty are no good songs
it's not the kind of music offspring usualy plays

Unnatural Disaster
05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Pretty Fly was the song that got me into the Offspring when I was 9 years old. It is definitely not their best, but most certainly not their worst.

Worst songs, IMO:

Why Don't You Get A Job
When You're In Prison
Worst Hangover Ever

disclaimer_07
05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
But if you ask people who are not into The Offspring, usually Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get A Job? are the only two songs they can think of.

DeAtHsTaR
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
No I don't hate this song because this is cover.
"I wanna be sedeated" this is cover too and I like this song very much . I don't know why I don't like "feelings" .Always when this song begin to play on my media player I skip it for next song. I just do not like it. That's all.

Feelings IS NOT a cover, it's a parody.

Dexter_italy
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
NO BRAKES?? no brakes it's a damn fucking cool song!! hard drums, strummed and heavy guitars, fast riff, great voice...!! I love it!

M&MOL?? It's a different song but I like it so much, dexter's voice awesome and it has a great solo. I like the vibe on it.

FEELINGS? many hate it but I don't; it's fast, and has another great solo, a really cool song!

RAM? It has strong guitars, i like it too, maybe not the best, but not the worst.

everyone don't like a song for some reason, but in the end there isn't a song I really find unearable. For me the 2 songs i like the least are not the one and all along. This one is a cool song, but it just doesn't take me so much :D
________
MALE ADVICE FORUMS (http://www.love-help.org/male-advice/)

holland25
05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
For me the 2 songs i like the least are not the one and all along.

Why the fuck everyone dislikes Not the One? It's one of the best Offspring songs. I don't understand that...

Marc_Nitschke
05-13-2008, 03:08 PM
No, stuff like feelings, no brakes, living in chaos, not the one, so alone, me and my old lady etc are all worse

feelings...ok no THAT good, one of my leas favorites
no breaks...pretty good...really like it
living in a chaos....totally dig it, the song is killer
not the one....mm, nice song to
so alone....awesome
me and old lady, lay in bed all day....nothing wrong with that...

BUT: it is a stupid thread...

jacknife737
05-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't really consider any song the band has created to be horrible. I'll always have a spot in my heart for Pretty Fly, considering that was the song that introduced me to the band. I actually like a lot of the tracks that have been posted here, ie (No Breaks, Feelings, Me and My Old Lady, etc).

The three songs that i consider to be the weakest in the band's lineup are Worst Hangover Ever, Original Prankster and Race Against Myself. Now don't get me wrong, i kind of like these songs, and will sometimes still listen to them, but compared to other stuff the band has created, these three pale in comparison.

Edit: but yeah, silly thread.

Cock Joke
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Their worst song is "When You're in Prison."

RODNEYMULLEN
05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
No it's not the worst, it's one of the worst. But it's still a really great song. That just shows you how great thier songs are!

Aion
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Why the fuck everyone dislikes Not the One? It's one of the best Offspring songs. I don't understand that...

totally agree...Not the One is an awesome song...

anyway...i won't choose a "worst song" yet...
i'm gonna listen to "RAFRAG" on may 17 and then gonna know wich is "worst"
ah...one more thing...pretty fly doesn't suck... this thread does..xD

Camilamazed
05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Thing is: Threads like this take us nowhere. There will always be somebody whose favorite song is a song that is the worst for another.

=\

Unnatural Disaster
05-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Not the One may be repetitive, but it is damn awesome anyway.

So is No Brakes.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Not the One may be repetitive, but it is damn awesome anyway.

So is No Brakes.

What? Dude not the one is like my favorite song on smash? I didn't even know there were people who disliked it.

Count Orlok
05-14-2008, 03:46 AM
I like every song of them,but as the weakest in comparison i would choose Why Donīt You Get A Job and Original Prankster.Only my personal opinion.

Jesus
05-14-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't really consider any song the band has created to be horrible. I'll always have a spot in my heart for Pretty Fly, considering that was the song that introduced me to the band. I actually like a lot of the tracks that have been posted here, ie (No Breaks, Feelings, Me and My Old Lady, etc).

I like those songs too, I just think they are worse than pretty fly. Not that I'll play pretty fly (nice heavy guitars, good sounding vocals, catchy). Simply because if you were around in 98-99, it got overplayed just a bit ;). It was just an exciting time then. They have a lot of better songs though.

I'll let people enjoy their not the one if they consider that to be the best song on smash. I'll just keep it with something to believe in , it'll be a long time, bad habit, self esteem etc.

Last post I'll probably make in this topic, cause it's all so subjective anyway which makes it pointless.

Davo
05-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I voted NO, because their worst song is... I don't know. :rolleyes:

Lightning Rod
05-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Have You ever listen the - WORST HANGOVER EVER, HIT THAT, Don't PICK IT UP, ORIGINAL PRANKSTER for example.
This Is COMPLETE CRAP.
Pretty Fly not so bad, even if sounds like pop.