PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains

StefanDBH
05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Alice in Chains is an American grunge band formed in Seattle, Washington in 1987 by guitarist Jerry Cantrell and vocalist Layne Staley. Although widely associated with grunge music, the band's sound incorporates heavy metal and acoustic elements. Since its formation, Alice in Chains has released three studio albums, three EPs, two live albums, four compilations, and two DVDs. The band is known for its distinct vocal style which often includes the harmonized vocals of Staley and Cantrell.

Alice in Chains rose to international fame as part of the grunge movement of the early 1990s, along with bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. It was one of the most successful music acts of the 1990s and sold over 14 million albums in the United States alone. The band achieved two number-one Billboard 200 albums (Jar of Flies and Alice in Chains), 11 top ten singles on the Mainstream Rock Tracks charts, and six Grammy Award nominations.

Although never officially disbanding, Alice in Chains has been plagued by extended inactivity due to problems with substance abuse, culminating in the death of Staley in 2002. Alice in Chains reunited in 2005 and as of 2008 are working on their first studio album in 13 years with new lead vocalist William DuVall.:D

What you think about Alice in Chains?

zsk
05-13-2008, 11:43 AM
alice in chains could be the title of the new cover:D

maplejet
05-13-2008, 12:07 PM
One of my favorite bands...all 3 albums are great. So is the unplugged album.

Not sure about the idea of having a new lead vocalist replace Layne Staley...it's kind of a dangerous move.

Alex101
05-13-2008, 12:09 PM
I like Alice in Chains, even though Dirt is my only most favorite album from them. But I also like Facelift and Jar of Flies.

StefanDBH
05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
One of my favorite bands...all 3 albums are great. So is the unplugged album.

Not sure about the idea of having a new lead vocalist replace Layne Staley...it's kind of a dangerous move.

right,Layne Staley can't be replace

H1T_That
05-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Wrong.

I saw them live in 06 and the new guy was awesome.

By the way, i like the way you've started this thread and actually gave some information about the band, as aposed to the usual...

"hu has herd of 'X band' lolz dey r my favorit!"

bighead384
05-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Wrong.
By the way, i like the way you've started this thread and actually gave some information about the band, as aposed to the usual...

"hu has herd of 'X band' lolz dey r my favorit!"

You dope, it's probably just copied from Wikipedia. Besides, most people know who Alice and Chains is anyway.

H1T_That
05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
You dope, it's probably just copied from Wikipedia. Besides, most people know who Alice and Chains is anyway.

Where did i say HE came up with it...

learn to read.

Devidence
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
<<The Pulse of Radio reports that ALICE IN CHAINS is finally working on music for its first all-new studio effort since 1995's self-titled third album. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell confirmed that he, bassist Mike Inez, drummer Sean Kinney and new singer William DuVall have been writing songs for months, but told The Pulse of Radio they're not rushing to start recording. "We've been working about the last four months, and there's a good bulk of music and a good body of work so far, and we're having fun, and you know, we're taking our time and trying to figure out where William fits in and where we need to step up, and I have all the confidence in the world in the guys," he said. "The most important thing to me is that we're all together and, you know, it's been a tough and painful experience at times, but it's been very rewarding at the same time."

ALICE IN CHAINS has tentative plans to release a new album by the end of this year, although the group has not begun recording or selected a producer.>>

I see the concern with replacing Layne, but William DuVall is fantastic. if you get a chance look up his other band "Comes with the Fall." Good shit. And yeah, they were great live on that reunion tour.