PDA

View Full Version : No rerecorded Dirty Magic or Defy you??

Motaboy80
05-15-2008, 04:48 AM
What is this training then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoJuNkYlbE&feature=related

I thought they were making a acoustic version for this album? :)
and what´s the deal with rumors about Dirty Magic remastered or new one??

I WANT THEM! :D

RobinoZombie
05-15-2008, 04:52 AM
they already did one acoustic version of defy you.
OR played it radio or something, AND the dirty magic was released on the greatest hits bonus feautures

RODNEYMULLEN
05-15-2008, 04:56 AM
What he said with the defy you. But the offspring did rerecord Dirty Magic and wrote journals about it, it's just never been released.

Motaboy80
05-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Ok.. The Acoustic Defy You should be on a Hammerhead single or something then..

Yeah there was the Acoustic Dirty Magic-video, but i mean i was talking about total non-acoustic Dirty Magic with heavy sound guitars n drummz n basses.. u know.. .. have to make one myself.. :rolleyes:

RODNEYMULLEN
05-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Why would they put it as an extra on the new album, it's from 2002. It's a b-side, go download it somewhere.

Motaboy80
05-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Why would they put it as an extra on the new album, it's from 2002. It's a b-side, go download it somewhere.

You got me there.. i really don´t know.. good point.

Those both are more like single extra material

RageAndLov
05-15-2008, 05:19 AM
both defy you (acoustic) and dirt magic (defy you) will (hopefully) be on a future b-side compilation

Peedr
05-15-2008, 06:09 AM
both defy you (acoustic) and dirt magic (defy you) will (hopefully) be on a future b-side compilationWhy? They were both already released. Dirty Magic (Acoustic) was on bonus DVD of Greatest Hits and Defy You (Acoustic) was a bonus track on japanese version of Splinter.

ANDiTKO
05-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Motaboy, you can download both of those songs from HERE (http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/Singles/Others/)

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok.. The Acoustic Defy You should be on a Hammerhead single or something then..

Yeah there was the Acoustic Dirty Magic-video, but i mean i was talking about total non-acoustic Dirty Magic with heavy sound guitars n drummz n basses.. u know.. .. have to make one myself.. :rolleyes:

i was just wondering what that pic on the reissue of the first album was? i totally love the original album cover. i wonder why they changed it???? but what is that on the new version?

sebastienfan
05-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
02/15/06

The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums. That song is kind of special to us because it‘s one of those requests we always get from our most hardcore fans. Unfortunately, most people don‘t know the song, cause most people don‘t know our music from before Smash. We always thought that it was a good song, but that we could do a better job recording it now than we could back then. So we did it, and Atom played on it. It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…

He's not talking about the acoustic version on the greatest hits.

dff_punk
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter) Maybe if you guys are really really nice…

You see, guys? Obviously we are not really, really nice...

Amiralanal
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Maybe it will be featured on the limited Rise and fall rage and grace LP.

Jesus
05-15-2008, 09:50 AM
You see, guys? Obviously we are not really, really nice...

lol, just wanted to quote that.
We'll never get it then ;).

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Maybe it will be featured on the limited Rise and fall rage and grace LP.

Where are you hearing there's going to be a limited version?

RageAndLov
05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Why? They were both already released. Dirty Magic (Acoustic) was on bonus DVD of Greatest Hits and Defy You (Acoustic) was a bonus track on japanese version of Splinter.

thats the point!
you gather all the extra songs, songs from films and live-only song on to one cd and publish it.

It is supposed to have just released songs on, but for those who weren't able to get those songs when they were avaible, can now get tthe chance to listen to it :) like Green Day's Shenanigans, Rancid's B-Sides and C-Sides or NOFX' 42 or 43 Songs That weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Records

jacknife737
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Why? They were both already released. Dirty Magic (Acoustic) was on bonus DVD of Greatest Hits and Defy You (Acoustic) was a bonus track on japanese version of Splinter.

A track being on a dvd is not the same as being on cd/mp3/vinyl, etc. Plus its not that unreasonable to ask for a rarities comp; lots of fans (ie especially in North America) don't have clear access to lots of these b-sides that get released on Japanese/Australian/ European editions of cds. I'm sure at some point in the band's career they'll release a proper rarities comp.

Unnatural Disaster
05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that....

Cock Joke
05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm glad they're not putting those on there. We've already heard these songs the way they're meant to be! Why do we need frikkin acoustics?

Ryder1234
05-15-2008, 08:58 PM
i like the acoustics

IamSam
05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
If they released an album of only B-sides and random odds and ends, it should be entitled "Pass Me By."

ThunderPX
05-15-2008, 11:21 PM
More like "The Band Passed Me By. Twice."

Motaboy80
05-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Motaboy, you can download both of those songs from HERE (http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/Singles/Others/)

big THANK YOU! :D

actually.. i´ve heard those before.
The thing is those aren´t the same as they played on link i posted beginning of this thread.
GUYS! CANT YOU HEAR THE DIFFERENCE!?!?

Aion
05-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Acoustic Dirty Magic and Defy you kick ass!!!...
damn they came out great...:)

holland25
05-16-2008, 03:47 AM
big THANK YOU! :D

actually.. i´ve heard those before.
The thing is those aren´t the same as they played on link i posted beginning of this thread.
GUYS! CANT YOU HEAR THE DIFFERENCE!?!?

These are the only acoustic versions they did.