PDA

View Full Version : First album

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I was wondering what the pic on the reissue of the first album was??? i totally love the original album cover. I wonder why they ever changed it in the first place????

Marc_Nitschke
05-15-2008, 09:12 AM
i read somewhere that nitro didn't want to go with the original cover....(it was zu extreme or something...)
but since Nitro IS basicly dexter, i'm a little bit confused with it myself...maybe they ment his advisors, or there are other boardmembers or something...

Jesus
05-15-2008, 09:16 AM
i read somewhere that nitro didn't want to go with the original cover....(it was zu extreme or something...)
but since Nitro IS basicly dexter, i'm a little bit confused with it myself...maybe they ment his advisors, or there are other boardmembers or something...
Probably record stores that didn't want to stack the cd's with the original cover...

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:17 AM

i guess that makes sense. also, why dont they ever play material off the first 2 albums live anymore?? i love those records. ive seen them live a few times and have heard countless bootlegs and they never touch on those songs at all??????

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Probably record stores that didn't want to stack the cd's with the original cover...

but ive seen way worse album covers than that.

Jesus
05-15-2008, 09:22 AM
i guess that makes sense. also, why dont they ever play material off the first 2 albums live anymore?? i love those records. ive seen them live a few times and have heard countless bootlegs and they never touch on those songs at all??????

Sometimes they do (like on the warped tour). Beheaded, Baghdad, Kick Him When He's Down, Session and Dirty Magic are the ones they sometimes play. Not often though, the excuse is that most people don't know them.

But seeing as they are doing things quite differently now for this album, they might play some of those songs on their own tour (probably not at festivals). Cause burn it up is on their myspace page for instance...

Jesus
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
but ive seen way worse album covers than that.
me too, just not any record stores anymore ;)

All subjective anyway.

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Sometimes they do (like on the warped tour). Beheaded, Baghdad, Kick Him When He's Down, Session and Dirty Magic are the ones they sometimes play. Not often though, the excuse is that most people don't know them.

But seeing as they are doing things quite differently now for this album, they might play some of those songs on their own tour (probably not at festivals). Cause burn it up is on their myspace page for instance...

thats cool. i love those jams. id like to hear them when i see em on the new tour.

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:25 AM
thats cool. i love those jams. id like to hear them when i see em on the new tour.

do u know when the hammerhead single comes out and whats on ti as far as b-sides???

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:28 AM

whats the new album cover supposed to be??? it seems like an out of focus pic of someone???

dff_punk
05-15-2008, 09:28 AM

They played Baghdad somewhere recently(by recently I mean since 2000 for example)? Is there a bootleg floating around somewhere?

Jesus
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
They played Baghdad somewhere recently(by recently I mean since 2000 for example)? Is there a bootleg floating around somewhere?
Don't think so, not many warped tour bootlegs around. I'm trusting my memory and i think someone back then stated they played it. Was around the same time as rock against bush too.

lapd they played too (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=422301)

Marc_Nitschke
05-15-2008, 09:37 AM
whats the new album cover supposed to be??? it seems like an out of focus pic of someone???

yeah...that's all i see...don't know and don't think there is a story behind that...maybe they just thought it went well with the backsidecover, which was the cover of a vinyl singe (I'll be ready/blackball i belive...not sure though)...
cause it is just a re-release i think they didn't give it that much thought...

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:48 AM

i wish i had any. ive heard a few a while back that my friend had but he has since moved away and we lost touch. id love to get my hands on any live recordings or videos from the first album era. or even the second.

jimmyjam
05-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Don't think so, not many warped tour bootlegs around. I'm trusting my memory and i think someone back then stated they played it. Was around the same time as rock against bush too.

lapd they played too (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=422301)

do u have the first album with the original cover???

Blackball_
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
im sure they changed the first album cover because of its similarity to the alien movie.. i dont think theyd have cared for a band selling a couple thousand records, but a band thats just sold many millions in the previous year releasing a cover like that would take the piss a bit.

as for what exactly is on the first album (nitro version..) i remember when everyone thought it was a picture of ron. haha :D

why dont they ever play material off the first 2 albums live anymore??everyone has been thinking this for 10 years.. but if you think about it, they probably played all the songs on self titled and ignition 1000 times. must get pretty boring huh? id like to see two of three per show though, at least.

but you know..if they would rather not play them, and do play them to please a very very small percentage of the crowd thatll actually know the song, then it may be hard and understandable for them to actually feel the song and not go through the motions. one of these things where you can see both sides