PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but feel kind of disappointed

Llamas
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I know full well that the band is allowed to do whatever they want with their own music. I understand their right, and I respect their wishes. I respect that there are people in place who are supposed to protect the band's wishes, like their management, and the admin of this bbs.

However, I can't help but feel disappointed in their actions regarding this new album. The thing with PowerH was one thing. He should not have leaked songs from the new album here. It really wasn't cool. However, the thing with soxic whatever... the band seemingly busted a nut because someone gave a copy of a promo to a good friend, who was going to buy the album when it came out. They didn't leak anything. But soxic gave a review of the album, which is not hurting anyone. Yet the band got pissy, and soxic's friend got in trouble. Yes, it's the band's music. Yes, they get to decide what they do with it. However, they are becoming what I consider kinda douchy about this. One thing that really made me respect them back in 2000 was their acceptance of the internet and downloading. Bands that have as much money as they do, while they have the right to complain, don't really have fair grounds in my mind to do so.

Now, even if the people who read that review or would download a leak were suddenly not planning on buying the new album, the band is not one that is going to suffer financially. So I don't see a real argument in that. That's regardless, though, because the people of this bbs all plan on buying the CD on its release date. A review being posted... one person getting a copy of the promo... these are trivial things that the band is whining about, and I've been close to the annoyance than I felt when Flea from RHCP wrote that whiny crying letter about how "disappointed" he was about people downloading Stadium Arcadium.

All you people who keep or kept on saying, "I doubt the band cares about leaks/downloading". Well, they obviously do. And they care to a point where I am annoyed. Let's just say that, the last few weeks, I was visiting this forum every day and wanting to read all the updates about Hammerhead and the new album. I was SO excited after reading soxic's review of the album, and was anticipating the album's release.

Now, I've actually found I lost all that excitement. I don't really even care anymore. I've not been really reading this forum the last few days, I haven't listened to Hammerhead in about a week, and I'm not anxious for the album's release date. This isn't something I consciously decided, either... this happened naturally. I honestly feel like the Offspring is suddenly losing a big fan of theirs, someone who's loved them for 10 years now. And now I don't even know if I will buy the new album or not... whereas a couple weeks ago, I was planning on getting it the day of release. And I was planning on catching them on tour this time... now I don't even care.

This is very sad for me, because I really love this band's music. But their attitude has been ruining it for me. I'm hoping it'll pass and in a few weeks, I'll be excited again...

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Llamas, a lot of the news that people are delivering about what is happening with these people is exaggerated. The band isn't acting "douchy," nor is anyone from their management.

When people do things they know they shouldn't do, or that they know they are risking getting someone in trouble and considering that risk and ultimately deciding to flaunt that risk and do it anyway, it is ridiculous to think that there won't be some kind of consequence. Especially doing it on the band's own website, ferfucksakes.

Camilamazed
05-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Well, about the leaking and everything I think they have the right to be mad. If this time they don't want it to happen, we have to accept and wait. After all, old fans like us had to wait anyways when there was no internet to download their new songs beforehand. However, making a big deal out of the reviews could have been avoided.

The only thing I'm kind of pissed is about this contest. Okay, I know there some legal issues, but before doing that, they would try and do something that all the fans "equally" would participate. There are a lot of people here that do some great artwork and would come up with a great video for Hammerhead.

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 01:21 PM
The only thing I'm kind of pissed is about this contest. Okay, I know there some legal issues, but before doing that, they would try and do something that all the fans "equally" would participate. There are a lot of people here that do some great artwork and would come up with a great video for Hammerhead.

I think it's up to the international labels (Sony Finland, Sony UK, etc) to figure out contests but I could be wrong. They gave away "Hammerhead" worldwide so you can't say they're forgetting about their international fanbase. This also isn't the first time they or any other American band with a big international fanbase have had US-only contests. It does suck, but I think it's a really cool contest and I don't think you can fault the band for wanting to do it any way they can.

Bazza
05-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Personally, If I was an artist, I'd be pretty pissed off if people didn't try to download leaks of my music. It shows that they have no interest.

I should think it's just a division of the record label who target any news or leaks with generic preprepared emails, not really the band themselves. Maybe the band don't actually give a shit about leaks, then again maybe they just want to ensure we get a true full quality release, and not some sub-standard version of the album.

I think the way music is going nowadays is that artists should be more focused on trying to get people to their concerts etc, rather than the amount of record sales (or how illegal downloading effects sales). When bands start, do they ever really think about money, or do they just play because they enjoy it?

A few random ideas there, probably doesn't read well, but oh well there's my tuppence worth.

Wolfbutter
05-15-2008, 01:40 PM
It's not only the band that needs to make money. It's the producers, mixers, recorders, and the like. They profit off of record sales.

Blackball_
05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I think the way music is going nowadays is that artists should be more focused on trying to get people to their concerts etc, rather than the amount of record sales (or how illegal downloading effects sales).im pretty sure bands make a huge percentage of their earnings from the concerts. the music and merchandising...well thats for someone else to worry about.

ad8
05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
What Bazza said. I just can't imagine that The Offspring cares about leaks or downloads, or otherwise they wouldn't be joking about that all the time. I'm pretty sure that the management/the ppl at columbia are behind all this. Otherwise, I'd be pretty disappointed of the band.

Superdope
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
The only thing that's really starting to suck the fun out of this for me, is this BBS.

No personal attacks or anything, I'm just sure, that if I didn't go to these boards, I would be anticipating this album even more. When so many people constantly have something negative to say, it wears you down. I mean ffs this is an offspring fan forum, right?

Please proceed the bitching

Camilamazed
05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I think it's up to the international labels (Sony Finland, Sony UK, etc) to figure out contests but I could be wrong. They gave away "Hammerhead" worldwide so you can't say they're forgetting about their international fanbase. This also isn't the first time they or any other American band with a big international fanbase have had US-only contests. It does suck, but I think it's a really cool contest and I don't think you can fault the band for wanting to do it any way they can.

I know, but then why not do something like they did a few years ago with the CO1 cover? That was a great contest.

There are a lot of people here in the boards who have the skills to put out a great video. I know they will anyways but that's not fair they're not getting any prizes.

I guess they would be very happy even if instead of 10.000 they got a new CD signed by the band.

=]

Blackball_
05-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I know, but then why not do something like they did a few years ago with the CO1 cover? That was a great contest.was that that thing they done in japan? :rolleyes:

Camilamazed
05-15-2008, 01:51 PM
was that that thing they done in japan? :rolleyes:

I don't really know, I know that fans from all over the world could participate. The winner was a Brazilian guy.

Right?

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/albums?releaseName=Conspiracy+Of+One+%28Brasil%29

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
The only thing that's really starting to suck the fun out of this for me, is this BBS.

No personal attacks or anything, I'm just sure, that if I didn't go to these boards, I would be anticipating this album even more. When so many people constantly have something negative to say, it wears you down. I mean ffs this is an offspring fan forum, right?

I feel the same way. What's kept me coming back here for more than 10 years is being able to talk to other fans and share knowledge and rare, cool stuff. Now I'm feeling like I'm banging my head against my desk all the time in frustration. I thought the lead up to this album was going to have a lot more positivity. Trying to change it for the better is what made me say yes when they asked me to be the head moderator. It's going to take a hell of a lot more for me to ever regret that decision, but I can't help but feel kind of bummed out a lot of times when I come here. Like, this thread made me really, really sad. People just focus on the negative, and they want to blame the label or management or anything else for no other reason than that it's fun to villify those people. I feel like the more productive thing to do would be "Okay, so the official word is not to do this. How about I support that and make this place a more positive and pleasant place to be?"

I don't really know, I know that fans from all over the world could participate. The winner was a Brazilian guy.

Right?

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/albums?releaseName=Conspiracy+Of+One+%28Brasil%29

Nope, that was a contest that was only open to international fans--perhaps even only Brazillian fans, since the album ultimately only came out in Brazil with that artwork.

ZbadhabitZ
05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
The bottom line is, nobody on this message board has any right to place a link to a new song, or review, unless it has been officially released. As we all know, chances are if you download a leak, you'll probably buy the album, so by that theory "leaks" aren't bad. But there are PLENTY of people on this board (myself included) who would download a leak, and since I have it, I wouldn't rush to buy it on June 17. If I get around to it, I'll get it, but I'm more in this for the music than the artwork. You can argue both ways, but nobody here has any right to put up anything that isn't officially released in regards to this new album. Dig back into posts from when Splinter and CO1 were released, we had these same stupid arguments.

And yeah, it sucks that this video contest is only open to US residents, but how many contests have there been overseas that people in the US never knew about. If you're really that into doing this, which you should be because it's a great opportunity, link up with someone on this board, collaborate, shoot your stuff overseas and have the fellow on this end submit the video. Find someone you trust and you could have $5k a piece. Is that so big a deal?

jacknife737
05-15-2008, 02:36 PM
You can argue both ways, but nobody here has any right to put up anything that isn't officially released in regards to this new album. Dig back into posts from when Splinter and CO1 were released, we had these same stupid arguments.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. And to ilovellamas, you make it seem as if Dexter is personally deleting these posts/threads; the truth is we don't know where the decision came from. If the band doesn't want any leaks/discussion of leaks on the official website we should respect that, or at least not let it bother us. Now I personally did not think that the early "review" of the album should have been deleted, but it was, and i'm not going to let that affect my excitement for the new album.

If anything is annoying me, like Little Miss mentioned, its the constant bitching over the minor details (a lot of it seems to be coming from new members btw). First it was complaints over lack of information, and now its the artwork (seriously, is this bbs full of graphic design majors or something?).

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
First it was complaints over lack of information, and now its the artwork (seriously, is this bbs full of graphic design majors or something?).

Exactly. First there wasn't enough news, now there's news but people are complaining about what the news is.

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh... really should have read this before i blamed the DAMN disc companies in my other post, but interesting. I guess offspring doesn't believe in the values they did before, and they are slowly fitting "heads over heels I've fit in before, now I'm starting to fit in some more". I hope this is a misunderstanding because they are starting to lose a lot of my respect. They are coming to a point where they only believe in money and fame, or so it seems with their recent actions. Maybe they aren't like I thought they were.

You are taking something that really isn't a big deal far, far too seriously.

They've worked on this album for so long. "Hammerhead" is so fucking good because they really cared about making this a good record. If they just wanted money we would have had this album three years ago.

Soxic's posts were deleted because he asked Tijs and I to delete them, guys.

EMehl6
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
You are taking something that really isn't a big deal far, far too seriously.

They've worked on this album for so long. "Hammerhead" is so fucking good because they really cared about making this a good record. If they just wanted money we would have had this album three years ago.

Yeah, I completely agree here. People are blowing this way out of proportion. And I mean wayyyyyy out of porportion. Respect the band's wishes, and be grateful for what they've given us. I mean, you people are bitching about their stance on music downloading when they haven't even given us their stance really. And for God's sake, they JUST GAVE US A FREE DOWNLOAD! I think that speaks for itself. Shut the hell up.

By 'he' you mean Soxic I'm assuming. Did he say why? Or can you not tell us that?

dff_punk
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM

Now the truth is revealed. My guess is he was tired of ppl sending him PMs like "send me the album plz" :p

Jesus
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah Tijs told me afterwards about the reason for the removal Soxic's threads. A shame though, cause those were good threads with a lot of excitement.

Nope, that was a contest that was only open to international fans--perhaps even only Brazillian fans, since the album ultimately only came out in Brazil with that artwork.

Latin America I think, a bunch of people were pissed off back then too. To say it in a Noodles cliché, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Cock Joke
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Where did you hear that the band was pissed?

Link plz.

Amiralanal
05-15-2008, 04:02 PM
This thread is fucking retarded.
I dont think its the bands call at all. Its not like they are scanning the forum home on their computer. Its all the columbia-bureaucrats and site admins.
The Offspring probably dont even know this happened.

Mens
05-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember (and believe me, I'm a fan from the Ignition-days) another Offspring-album with so many information in this stadium (month before release) as RAFRAG.

We're getting daily updates, free download, compitions (too bad American animals are more equal then other animals), teasingpictures, artworks,...

Being dissapointed at this time?
Keep on bitching now?
C'mon, we aren't morons!

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 04:18 PM
This thread is fucking retarded.
I dont think its the bands call at all. Its not like they are scanning the forum home on their computer. Its all the columbia-bureaucrats and site admins.
The Offspring probably dont even know this happened.

I don't think it's the band's call either. But that doesn't mean they don't know it happened. Dexter has written in the journal that they read the forums from time to time. Until they decide they want to break away from the label thing altogether, they have certain responsibilities and certain things they have to do/go along with.

drex878
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Being dissapointed at this time?
Keep on bitching now?
C'mon, we aren't morons!

Sadly, there are morons who post in the General Offspring Discussion board. Don't get me wrong, I respect each and everyone's opinion on anything related to RAFRAG, but there is absolutely no need for whining and/or complaining about everything. Like you said, Mens, we are getting such exciting gifts through the band's website, and many of us are being ungrateful. It's time to stop bitchin', guys. There's a lot of new, excited fans registering to this BBS daily, and no one wants to enter an atmosphere of complaints. As Dexter himself said, "People need to chill the fuck out". Hopefully we can get our act together and enjoy these few days until June 17!

mr know it all
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
pretty much the only reason the band aren't into leaks is because the quality of most are total shit. and quit you're fucking bitching! you kids are so spoiled nowadays with your fancy computers and downloads. try growing up when they didn't have computers or leaks and you actually had to wait for the actual release date! damn, you guys have to complain about everything!!!

Rave21
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Well said drex 878. i'm a new guy here, but i'm exceedingly grateful for the "excited gifts" the forums have been given and I am without a doubt buying RAFRAG June 17th. Of course i wouldnt mind maybe another song though, if I may be so blunt.

OFFilip
05-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Please let me know

WHO did leak WHAT? You mean this sample of Half-Truism and Trust in You in very very veeeryyy bad quality?

my band beitch
05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
get over it!!! the best punk band ever has a new fuckin album coming out in a month!!! not that i didn't like splinter, but they've done better, but from the 2 singles ive heard, YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!! new album friggin rocks!!!

jacknife737
05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Are You Fucking Serious!? He Leaked It?!?!?!

Calm down, no one has leaked anything (other then the youtube thing of half-truism which has since been taken down).

IamSam
05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
For some of you complaining about complainers (ironic), and mainly complaining about those who voiced opinions about the artwork, I have this to say:

We all have opinions and have the right to voice them. Just because our opinion is negative doesn't mean that we don't have the right not to voice it. Take Noodles for example: He wears a shirt that says that Bush isn't his president. That is a negative opinion and he has the right to display it and yet no one is bitching him out for doing so. (I'm not supporting Bush by the way).

So some have an opinion about the artwork that isn't glowing and all happy rah-rah. So what? Just because some think the artwork looks like WordArt doesn't mean they are bashing the entire album and the band.

Also, let's not make stereotypical accusations about who is bitching more, new or old members. Who gives a damn what group complains more, it's their right, let them have it.

EMehl6
05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
For some of you complaining about complainers (ironic), and mainly complaining about those who voiced opinions about the artwork, I have this to say:

We all have opinions and have the right to voice them. Just because our opinion is negative doesn't mean that we don't have the right not to voice it. Take Noodles for example: He wears a shirt that says that Bush isn't his president. That is a negative opinion and he has the right to display it and yet no one is bitching him out for doing so. (I'm not supporting Bush by the way).

So some have an opinion about the artwork that isn't glowing and all happy rah-rah. So what? Just because some think the artwork looks like WordArt doesn't mean they are bashing the entire album and the band.

Also, let's not make stereotypical accusations about who is bitching more, new or old members. Who gives a damn what group complains more, it's their right, let them have it.

Yeah, people have the right to voice their opinions. Great. But do we really have to bitch about every fucking little thing? No. There's no need for that. Especially when we don't know the whole story, or even half of it, if that much.

IamSam
05-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah, people have the right to voice their opinions. Great. But do we really have to bitch about every fucking little thing? No. There's no need for that. Especially when we don't know the whole story, or even half of it, if that much.

True, but things we do know. Yes. Also assumptions annoy me. Also people that have to post the word "PISS!" when upset.

dff_punk
05-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Now this seems to me like bitching about bitching about bitching :D

drex878
05-15-2008, 05:40 PM
For those who want to complain: Here ya go. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31371&highlight=pissing+moaning)

hshduppsnt
05-15-2008, 05:40 PM

hahaha watch out that comment is liable to piss people off and start more bitching...

EMehl6
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
hahaha watch out that comment is liable to piss people off and start more bitching...

Yes, we're caught in an endless cycle of bitching :( Bitching begets bitching begets bitching begets bitching... It will never end...

JohnnyNemesis
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure why you or other people are conflating the band with their record label so uncritically, and I also think that it's extremely odd that these minor things might kill that excitement you once had.

Drafan
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Disappointed? Fuck why :confused: No way

Cock Joke
05-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm beginning to think that the band is just doing this stuff on behalf of the label, and not themselves. Or maybe it was the label themselves. Wasn't that already established? I don't know.

IamSam
05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure why you or other people are conflating the band with their record label so uncritically, and I also think that it's extremely odd that these minor things might kill that excitement you once had.

That's an understatement. Just because they are cracking down on leaks, illegal reviews, etc. doesn't stop my excitement. I don't understand this concept.

Omni
05-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I really don't think The Offspring are mad. I'm not saying SOMEONE isn't/won't be mad, but come on. The Offspring is a high-profile band. I can name very few high-profile bands that haven't ever experienced a leak of some sort.

And let's look at who we're really talking about. It's the fucking Offspring. They were a band for ten years before they even saw so much as a dime for all their work. They released three entire albums - the same number that Nirvana, hailed as one of the greatest bands in history, relased in their entire career - before they saw any kind of success beyond local radio stations. Noodles was a high school janitor for thirteen years before they hit it big. Do you honestly think a guy who was a 30-year-old janitor, or a guy who dropped out of school a semester short of getting his Ph.D is going to care about this? Quit being so paranoid.

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2008, 09:42 PM

^ What he said.

pretty much the only reason the band aren't into leaks is because the quality of most are total shit. and quit you're fucking bitching! you kids are so spoiled nowadays with your fancy computers and downloads. try growing up when they didn't have computers or leaks and you actually had to wait for the actual release date! damn, you guys have to complain about everything!!!

You raise a great and very valid point that people should pay attention to. But, did you have to wait for release dates uphill both ways in the snow? ;)

PunksKillEmos
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I know full well that the band is allowed to do whatever they want with their own music. I understand their right, and I respect their wishes. I respect that there are people in place who are supposed to protect the band's wishes, like their management, and the admin of this bbs.

However, I can't help but feel disappointed in their actions regarding this new album. The thing with PowerH was one thing. He should not have leaked songs from the new album here. It really wasn't cool. However, the thing with soxic whatever... the band seemingly busted a nut because someone gave a copy of a promo to a good friend, who was going to buy the album when it came out. They didn't leak anything. But soxic gave a review of the album, which is not hurting anyone. Yet the band got pissy, and soxic's friend got in trouble. Yes, it's the band's music. Yes, they get to decide what they do with it. However, they are becoming what I consider kinda douchy about this. One thing that really made me respect them back in 2000 was their acceptance of the internet and downloading. Bands that have as much money as they do, while they have the right to complain, don't really have fair grounds in my mind to do so.

Now, even if the people who read that review or would download a leak were suddenly not planning on buying the new album, the band is not one that is going to suffer financially. So I don't see a real argument in that. That's regardless, though, because the people of this bbs all plan on buying the CD on its release date. A review being posted... one person getting a copy of the promo... these are trivial things that the band is whining about, and I've been close to the annoyance than I felt when Flea from RHCP wrote that whiny crying letter about how "disappointed" he was about people downloading Stadium Arcadium.

All you people who keep or kept on saying, "I doubt the band cares about leaks/downloading". Well, they obviously do. And they care to a point where I am annoyed. Let's just say that, the last few weeks, I was visiting this forum every day and wanting to read all the updates about Hammerhead and the new album. I was SO excited after reading soxic's review of the album, and was anticipating the album's release.

Now, I've actually found I lost all that excitement. I don't really even care anymore. I've not been really reading this forum the last few days, I haven't listened to Hammerhead in about a week, and I'm not anxious for the album's release date. This isn't something I consciously decided, either... this happened naturally. I honestly feel like the Offspring is suddenly losing a big fan of theirs, someone who's loved them for 10 years now. And now I don't even know if I will buy the new album or not... whereas a couple weeks ago, I was planning on getting it the day of release. And I was planning on catching them on tour this time... now I don't even care.

This is very sad for me, because I really love this band's music. But their attitude has been ruining it for me. I'm hoping it'll pass and in a few weeks, I'll be excited again...

I seriously think an asshole like yourself, is trying to convince people like us fans and yourself not to buy the album, although we have been anticipating it for years now. Honestly why the hell did you make this thread, to complain. Grow up. And i can assume that most of read and anticipated soxic's review and other leaks, and now you change your mind because douche bags such as this guy have to bring up such topics. So what if the band may be pissed off at some guy we don't know outside our community. No one knows for sure if the band is pissed at this guy and who cares. He knew he had possible risks leaking info. I respect him for doing so. I am buying the album day one, you should too. GET OVER IT.

PunksKillEmos
05-15-2008, 09:51 PM

agreed..........................................

ruroken
05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I strongly doubt that they would get really pissed off at someone leaking their music. I mean... you know... The Offspring Radio had/has pretty much every fucking song on it, so... yeah... why would they care about this?

randman21
05-15-2008, 10:31 PM
You raise a great and very valid point that people should pay attention to. But, did you have to wait for release dates uphill both ways in the snow? ;)
Hehehehehehehe.
-----
This thread also made me sad. It sucks to see someone lose so much respect for a hero, but c'mon, Llamas, we don't know half the story. I'm not going to stupidly declare that The Offspring doesn't at all about downloads and leaks based on their stance, what, 8 years ago. However, it strikes me as obvious that they did what they did (if, in fact, it was they who did it) because they have to. I don't know much about how contracts work, but I'd think that they are pretty much obligated to point things like that out to the label, or take some kind of action, or else face consequences themselves. So cheer up. The album will rock, you will get your excitement back, and the guys will show themselves to be the same down-to-earth, champion-of-the-people guys they always have been.;)

Llamas
05-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I feel the same way. What's kept me coming back here for more than 10 years is being able to talk to other fans and share knowledge and rare, cool stuff. Now I'm feeling like I'm banging my head against my desk all the time in frustration. I thought the lead up to this album was going to have a lot more positivity. Trying to change it for the better is what made me say yes when they asked me to be the head moderator. It's going to take a hell of a lot more for me to ever regret that decision, but I can't help but feel kind of bummed out a lot of times when I come here. Like, this thread made me really, really sad. People just focus on the negative, and they want to blame the label or management or anything else for no other reason than that it's fun to villify those people. I feel like the more productive thing to do would be "Okay, so the official word is not to do this. How about I support that and make this place a more positive and pleasant place to be?"
I just want to clear up something here... I'm not trying to be negative. In fact, I find most of the negativity on here to be very annoying. I don't want to be down about this, and I don't want this junk to affect my excitement for the album. The motivation for making this thread was that I hoped someone or some people here would make me feel better about the situation so I could get excited again.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. And to ilovellamas, you make it seem as if Dexter is personally deleting these posts/threads; the truth is we don't know where the decision came from. If the band doesn't want any leaks/discussion of leaks on the official website we should respect that, or at least not let it bother us. Now I personally did not think that the early "review" of the album should have been deleted, but it was, and i'm not going to let that affect my excitement for the new album.
It is true that we don't know who is giving the official word on these things. And I do know exactly why soxic deleted his posts, because I asked him about it. But it was made to sound like the Offspring DID care, and that a lot of things going on were their decisions (not to point fingers, but I did feel like 1565 hinted several times toward it). So that's where I was coming from on that.

Yeah guess what, I'm 23 years old. I'm pretty sure I grew up not being able to download music, either. I'm not spoiled or whatever... I don't even care about the leak- I wasn't actually planning on downloading one, anyway. You completely missed my point.

The first part I'm also unsure of, but I know there were hints made toward it being the band's decision. The second part I find odd, and can't explain. I just know that after soxic's review went away, I got so annoyed that I didn't care about the album anymore.

I seriously think an asshole like yourself, is trying to convince people like us fans and yourself not to buy the album, although we have been anticipating it for years now. Honestly why the hell did you make this thread, to complain. Grow up. And i can assume that most of read and anticipated soxic's review and other leaks, and now you change your mind because douche bags such as this guy have to bring up such topics. So what if the band may be pissed off at some guy we don't know outside our community. No one knows for sure if the band is pissed at this guy and who cares. He knew he had possible risks leaking info. I respect him for doing so. I am buying the album day one, you should too. GET OVER IT.
HAHA. Yes, I'm just trying to get you to not buy the album! Don't do it! It's a scam!!
I explained in this reply already why I made the thread.. but in case you missed it, I made it in hopes that people would make me feel better about the situation. You, instead, have just been extremely lame and ignorant.

Oh, and...

And i can assume that most of read and anticipated soxic's review and other leaks, and now you change your mind because douche bags such as this guy have to bring up such topics.
...speaking English here? I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean.

In conclusion to everyone, I wasn't trying to be a downer. I've found the complaining at this place to be incredibly tiresome, myself. My goal here was for a discussion that might turn things around for me.

So far, nobody has really done much in that regard. :-/

Hypodermic_89
05-16-2008, 12:23 AM

If anything is annoying me, like Little Miss mentioned, its the constant bitching over the minor details (a lot of it seems to be coming from new members btw). First it was complaints over lack of information, and now its the artwork (seriously, is this bbs full of graphic design majors or something?).
Exactly! Most of the album art-whiners are junior members! And they're probably not even associated with any form of art whatsoever. I am an art student and I have been studying art for three years, and I doubt that any, or at least many, of these whiners have any kind of basic art education.

randman21
05-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Exactly! Most of the album art-whiners are junior members! And they're probably not even associated with any form of art whatsoever. I am an art student and I have been studying art for three years, and I doubt that any, or at least many, of these whiners have any kind of basic art education.
Honestly, I think this is completely irrelevant. It's kinda how I was feeling about some of the posts in the "Offspring sounds like whatever thread". Just because you are not an expert at something, doesn't mean you can't have an opinion about it. And I'm sure some of the world's most renowned artists would hate the cover, just as I (an art n00b) love it. So those two things don't have much to do with each other. And as for junior members, weren't you one at some point?:rolleyes:

05-16-2008, 12:38 AM

Who gives a shit if they are Junior Members? What high horse are you on? You think you can automatically look down on every Junior Member here and talk down to them just because of a join date or a post count? Don't be an idiot. They don't like the Artwork, fucking learn to deal with it.

Jesus
05-16-2008, 03:40 AM
It is true that we don't know who is giving the official word on these things. And I do know exactly why soxic deleted his posts, because I asked him about it. But it was made to sound like the Offspring DID care, and that a lot of things going on were their decisions (not to point fingers, but I did feel like 1565 hinted several times toward it). So that's where I was coming from on that.

Yeah, but it wasn't too hard to figure out who soxic was (just had to do a whois on his domain and you got his name and adress). And if you know that, then it wasn't probably too hard to make a link with the label over there. And ofcourse in the end the label is gonna care about someone giving away promos too early, cause who knows how many other leaks he might have or would have caused.

I strongly doubt that they would get really pissed off at someone leaking their music. I mean... you know... The Offspring Radio had/has pretty much every fucking song on it, so... yeah... why would they care about this?
lol yeah, also the music section. They are one of the few bands were you can actually listen to all their music, just on their own website.

randman21
05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
lol yeah, also the music section. They are one of the few bands were you can actually listen to all their music, just on their own website.
Heh, it is a little different, though. Music that's been out for a while, and which is being listened to because they allow us, versus stuff that shouldn't really be heard by anyone yet. But, yeah, I've been wondering what other bands let you do that. Do you know of any?

gemalto
05-16-2008, 05:19 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Offspring management represent the Offspring. They are hired by the Offspring. So to claim that Offspring knows nothing and they are not part of the headhunt is naive.

I really don't know what the big deal is. I cannot see any mp3's of the new album anywhere? Do you? So what does the so call leak consist of, a simple sketch posted 24 hours before the actual release of the album cover? The best review ever, that made everyone want the album even more? First everyone enjoys the whole thing, reading it, exciting them, and now all of the sudden everyone is mr morale themselves. And this on the official site of a so called punk band. As far as I can tell, this might as well have been a Metallica or Westlife board.

I feel really sorry for whoever will have to take the heat for this thing. They should instead be thanked for their passion and great character not leaking any tracks no matter the pressure from everyone here.

In the end it's all about the money. They'd even hang their fans for the buck. And all their fans ever did wrong was to love them. It's a shame.

Anyways, they should have been more concerened about the franch leak, that actually was a real leak. Dumbasses.

randman21
05-16-2008, 07:35 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Offspring management represent the Offspring. They are hired by the Offspring. So to claim that Offspring knows nothing and they are not part of the headhunt is naive.

I really don't know what the big deal is. I cannot see any mp3's of the new album anywhere? Do you? So what does the so call leak consist of, a simple sketch posted 24 hours before the actual release of the album cover? The best review ever, that made everyone want the album even more? First everyone enjoys the whole thing, reading it, exciting them, and now all of the sudden everyone is mr morale themselves. And this on the official site of a so called punk band. As far as I can tell, this might as well have been a Metallica or Westlife board.

I feel really sorry for whoever will have to take the heat for this thing. They should instead be thanked for their passion and great character not leaking any tracks no matter the pressure from everyone here.

In the end it's all about the money. They'd even hang their fans for the buck. And all their fans ever did wrong was to love them. It's a shame.

Anyways, they should have been more concerened about the franch leak, that actually was a real leak. Dumbasses.
Umm, they were...? They deleted those French ones super quickly. Everything you're saying is assuming Offspring is calling all the shots, just as you say we assume they know nothing. Once again, punk or not, they're not on Nitro Records. If something gets out on their site, and they allow it to happen, it's their asses on the line. I don't know about them, but I wouldn't want legal action tossed my way because of that. The reviews are one thing, I agree, but we have no idea what's really going on, so why don't we hold off the jumping down of throats until we do.

Zee
05-16-2008, 07:45 AM
So it was Sweden's Sony, heh. They've done good job by eliminating the leaks so far if the promo's already in Sweden too.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
The reviews are one thing, I agree, but we have no idea what's really going on, so why don't we hold off the jumping down of throats until we do.

There are no leaks as far as I can tell. No torrent or nothing so what else do I possibly need to know other than that their management are acting like spoiled brats. Why did they even go after this guy when there was a french audio leak even before he said anything. All that he told you, I could have said too based on the facts that are out there on the internet. We live in 2008 what do they think, that information won't spread like the lightning? Come on. Stupid shit. Offspring should fire their management for being such assholes.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 07:50 AM
So it was Sweden's Sony, heh. They've done good job by eliminating the leaks so far if the promo's already in Sweden too.

No it wasn't because there are no leaks. If there ever was, it was the french who posted audio material. Or do you call a badly made sketch a leak? :rolleyes:

Zee
05-16-2008, 07:52 AM
But I mean that the promo is probably everywhere at Sony's local record labels around the world, and it's a wonder it hasn't leaked yet by someone, you know by a friend's friend and stuff... and that's just positive, I wouldn't want the songs to be available this early.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 07:54 AM
But I mean that the promo is probably everywhere in Sony's local record labels around the world, and it's a wonder it hasn't leaked yet by someone. And that's just positive, I wouldn't want the songs to be available this early.

Exactly and it didn't leak anywhere (except for the french guy that visited som release party or whatever) or else everyone would have the tracks by now so that is why I wonder what all the fuzz is about.

HeadAroundU
05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Awww, poor llamas. :(

How can I make you excited again? ( about the album :D )

I wouldn't like it as well, if band cared too much about it, but at the end it doesn't matter because there are substantial reasons why it was deleted. It wasn't clear at first so I understand you llamas.

weezly
05-16-2008, 08:26 AM
think of it like this, if u made something, u were super proud off, and wanted it to be a presintation for the world to see, a big suprise, and someone gives away all the details and makes comments like 'lets here it for rock bottom is american idoit' it kinda wrecks it, like im expecting so much from this album, and i wish id never read sonixs review, he ruined it, and now im not sure wat this album will be like, im glad they axed that guy,

gemalto
05-16-2008, 08:32 AM
think of it like this, if u made something, u were super proud off, and wanted it to be a presintation for the world to see, a big suprise, and someone gives away all the details and makes comments like 'lets here it for rock bottom is american idoit' it kinda wrecks it, like im expecting so much from this album, and i wish id never read sonixs review, he ruined it, and now im not sure wat this album will be like, im glad they axed that guy,

That's so much bullshit and you know it. First of all, why did you even read the thing? And have you never read a review of an album before it was released? Are you kidding me? What era do you live in? It's 2008, ever heard of the internet and information age. There are no surprises anymore. There might have been back in the early 90's but not today. If you want total secrecy you have to get out of this business. It's not even the end of may and I have already heard all the songs recorded at that listening party or whatever it was, and there were at least one review before that.

You're not sure what the album will be like now? You sound like a total lamer. Like it's content is gonna change. Did you even see the reactions on this board? People were fucking extatic and happy and now all of the sudden it sucks? Go preach at the Britney Spears forum or whatever. I'm sick of morale preachings on punk forums.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM

I hinted because I had the silly idea that if people understood that the band does know what happens on their own website, people might be more inclined to support them. I guess I was wrong.

I have no idea if Columbia & the band and their management get along. I have zero clue as to what the tenor of their relationship is. But whether it's good or bad, for this album they are all a team and they have to work together. How the band feels about downloading or leaks, etc. is totally besides the point in any of this, but people are trying to make it some kind of punk rock 'issue.'

The first part I'm also unsure of, but I know there were hints made toward it being the band's decision. The second part I find odd, and can't explain. I just know that after soxic's review went away, I got so annoyed that I didn't care about the album anymore.

Soxic asked for his review to be taken down because he did end up getting his friend in trouble. It's a pretty major breach on his friend's part to start handing around promos of a high-profile release to his friends, especially if that friend is being very open about where they came from and what's on it. I told him as much when he started in with it, and everyone said I was being a nazi bitch.

I haven't the slightest idea what's going to happen in that situation, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I care. He said from the start that he knew he was risking a lot on the part of his friend, and now people are upset that there were consequences? What kind of sense does that make?

Llamas, I don't understand how you expect people to make you feel better about the album release when you are missing so much. Why is it so much to ask for people to just support the band through whatever needs to be done until this album comes out, instead of jumping to conclusions?

There WAS more concern over the French leak, and the trouble that Soxic and his friend got in was, to the best of my understanding, more about what went in to getting him that information and less about what he posted up. So please, relax, and stop jumping to these conclusions that are not only untrue but totally unfair to the band. There is no fucking "headhunt."

The reviews are one thing, I agree, but we have no idea what's really going on, so why don't we hold off the jumping down of throats until we do.

^ What he said!

There are no leaks as far as I can tell. No torrent or nothing so what else do I possibly need to know other than that their management are acting like spoiled brats. Why did they even go after this guy when there was a french audio leak even before he said anything. All that he told you, I could have said too based on the facts that are out there on the internet. We live in 2008 what do they think, that information won't spread like the lightning? Come on. Stupid shit. Offspring should fire their management for being such assholes.

Of course the album will eventually leak, no one is pretending that this can be stopped. I feel like it's futile of me to try and explain the difference between what happened with Soxic and his friend and the album just plain leaking, because I really don't think anyone is reading a word of what I say, but it makes me feel better to know that I tried. But seriously, the only ones acting like spoiled brats are members who are posting messages like the one I just quoted of yours.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I dont care.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM
If you are a kid that loves the offspring, has bought all their stuff and would do anything for them, and because of all this love you share a song or two and they are ready to eat you alive and anyone else involved...then it's all a stupid facade. A fake.

No one is eating anyone alive. I don't even know why I try to explain the situation sometimes. I've already said that how the band feels about filesharing is besides the point because they need to work together with a major label for this album. If you can't or won't understand that, not my problem.

Try to think a bit further. Him being open about could it have anything to do with the fact that it was all in pretty innocent and no harm meant? I mean, do you think you are better than them? You are acting exactly like the management, just out there trying to find someone to blame, no matter how great the fan. It's totaly lame and sad actually. What breach are you even talking about? There wasn't any tracks leaked. What is the big deal. I'm so sick of bands like this acting like they do. I take it personal because it is a slap in the face to all the fans. The whole piracy issue is!

The breach I am talking about is in label policy and that trust. And yes, I do think I'm better than they are because I know better. If I'm going to accept the job that I've been asked to do here I should think I'm better, because otherwise how am I going to try and keep order here? Yes, I do think Soxic being open about it meant that it was totally innocent, and I know for a fact that he did it because he loves the band, and I know that management, the label, everyone, they all know that. No one is pissed at fans for being excited. But there are situations that just shouldn't happen, and the ends do not justify the means.

Lucky you for being so smart. I still think there is way too much fascism in here. This is not how I know Offspring from back in 94-95. Is say what the offspring said "what in the world happened to you".

Oh noez, internet fascism! Poor you for being so oppressed. And if you're old enough to remember the band in 1994, then you should be old enough to understand common sense and that sometimes you have to go along with business whether or not it coincides with someone's punk rock ethos.

And why did he do it? I am greatful there are people like that, willing to take chances for the rest of us. Tell me what harm was ever done? Didn't almost everyone write stuff like "oh now I am even more excited" and "that review was the best ever"? What is the big deal? Annoying as hell to see all this preaching here.

Again, the ends don't justify the means, and for fuck's sake HE ASKED FOR THE POSTS TO BE DELETED. MANAGEMENT DID NOT ASK US TO DELETE THEM, NOR DID THE BAND, NOR DID THE LABEL.

You should try and remember that the spoiled members are more powerfull than you might imagine. They decide if Offspring is meant to be anything or not. Do not underestimate that.

Fucking hell. If you're going to boycott the band, do it because of something that you know for sure they actually did or said, not because of third and fourthhand hearsay of what maybe they could have felt in a certain situation maybe.

Vera
05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
llamas - I totally get that sometimes the oddest things can kill your buzz. I have a movie which I love but one of my good friends saw it, hated it, posted a bashing review of it on her blog, and I haven't watched the movie since because thinking about her hating it just kills my happy vibes about the movie. I get that. And I get that there's not much you can do about it, but I'm sure you're trying. I hope this thread makes you look at things from another perspective and eventually rediscover your enthusiasm.

My own enthusiasm is sort of at a stand-still. My head is too full of stress, study worries, summerjob worries etc to really get into that fan happy vibe at all. :/

I especially want to back 1565 on this point: it was sonix's own decision to delete the threads. I know this because he contacted me about getting the threads deleted and I told him my hands were tied; once Tijs/1565 could get rid of them. I asked him for details, assuming he'd gotten note from the band/management/record label, and it seemed like he had not been contacted, it was his own consideration that made him decide to get that stuff deleted.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Still dont care.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Gemalto, I can't take a word of what you're saying seriously because I know you're Soxicmusic.com and it's silly of you to try and come back and turn the tide against the band because you got your friend in trouble.

Also, no one's forcing them to be on a major right now? How about their contract ?

Seriously, take your sour grapes somewhere else.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Ok, seriously. This needs to stop. Everyone read this, especially the ones who are bitching:

-This situation has nothing to do with how "punk" the band is. Shut the fuck up.

-How can you whine and cry and bitch and moan and complain about something when you don't even know half the fucking story? Or even a fucking quarter of it? Again, shut the fuck up.

-The band is on a major label, and this is their career. Even if they agree with filesharing and free downloading, they have to listen to the label or they'll have their asses a lawsuit. Remember what happened during CO1? And need I remind anyone THEY JUST FUCKING GAVE US A FREE DOWNLOAD!!!??? They're stance means jackshit when it comes to what the label wants. The Offspring don't run Columbia, they work for them. Go try telling your boss what to do and let me know how that works out for you.

-The Offspring had nothing to do with Soxic's posts being deleted. How many times must that be said? HE ASKED FOR THEM TO BE DELETED! No one in the band or at the label had them removed. Stop trying to use the fact his posts were deleted to try to show that the band doesn't care about its fans, because they had absolutely nothing to do with the posts being deleted. He took a chance of getting himself and his friend in trouble by talking about something that wasn't supposed to get out of the company. That has nothing to with the band, that's business. Shut the fuck up. Again, THEY JUST GAVE US A FREE DOWNLOAD! And, THEY'RE HAVING A CONTEST IN WHICH THEY'RE GIVING THEIR OWN MONEY TO THE FANS AS A PRIZE! So shut the fuck up with all the "they don't care about their fans bullshit". It's just that, bullshit.

It's fucking impossible to please you people. First you bitch about not having any news, then you bitch about what news you get, then you bitch about leaks, then you bitch about the band not caring about their fans. What the fuck do you want them to do? Look at all the shit they've done for the fans over the years: Contests in which fans win some of the band's money. Free concerts in the middle of the street. Free downloads. Need I go on? Shut the fuck up already. This is absolutely rediculous.

gemalto
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
If I were, it would only prove that I would know more than you do, so who are you to speak. And yes I will leave because I couldn't care less about you or the offspring anymore. Plastic fantastic.

Bacterium
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
EMehl6, well said!!

I totally agree with you!

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 12:25 PM
If I were, it would only prove that I would know more than you do, so who are you to speak. And yes I will leave because I couldn't care less about you or the offspring anymore. Plastic fantastic.

You couldn't care less about the band because you fucked up? You took a chance at getting yourself and your friend in trouble when you announced to the world that you had heard the album and all kinds of other shit before anyone outside of the company was supposed to see it or hear it. You even said yourself that you weren't supposed to have it. That has abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with the band. You took a risk, you got caught. Shit happens. That's pretty much like saying I'll never buy another car from 'manufacturer A' because I test drove a prototype that hasn't come out yet and it broke down on me. It makes no sense. Grow up.

EMehl6, well said!!

I totally agree with you!

Thank you:)

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
*standing ovation*

jacknife737
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Anyways, we just need to move on and keep looking forward to the new album. Stuff like this is unfortunate, but whatever. And yeah, I couldn't agree with EMehl6 any more.

Gemalto, I can't take a word of what you're saying seriously because I know you're Soxicmusic.com and it's silly of you to try and come back and turn the tide against the band

I was laughing at this for about 5 minutes; what an asshole.

shanna_guarana
05-16-2008, 12:32 PM
...we all have ruined the excitement of the surprise by trying to find out about it as much as possible....the pleasure has to be gone in all of us....more or less....sooner or later....it's just natural....

gemalto
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I was laughing at this for about 5 minutes; what an asshole.

I was laughing at you when begging for leaks 10 times. I wonder who is the asshole. Yesterday everyone is enjoying the news flow, begging for music, and today everyone is a smartass preaching morality. Funny thing.

JohnnyNemesis
05-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Now that the heat of the argument is over for the most part, can we all admit that gemalto's posts were downright HILARIOUS in their ridiculousness? I'm not even trying to be an asshole, though maybe I am being one, but come on, the way he was twisting facts around into total bullshit while crying about it was tragicomically awesome. Just awesome.

I also like how he's claiming EVERYONE was begging for leaks, when there's a good portion of the board that AVOIDED ALL OF THOSE THREADS because they didn't agree with what was going on; and that includes me. Of course it looks like everyone was begging for leaks if you cherry-pick and only look at the small group of members who were, ya fuckin' genius.

Anyways, I think one thing we should keep in mind is that the reviews and other posts almost got a friend of soxicmuziks-whateverthefuckhisnameis in huge trouble and maybe even fired or whatever. Whether the band is "omg punx" about this or not, that was a real dick move and I really don't think someone who does that to a "friend" deserves too much sympathy anyway, especially if the price of that sympathy is flinging a bunch of nonsensical bullshit against the members of The Offspring themselves.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: I give EMehl a standing ovation for that post too.

The Search Button
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I think this thread should be sent to Hollywood.

We've got some prime material in here.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Now that the heat of the argument is over for the most part, can we all admit that gemalto's posts were downright HILARIOUS in their ridiculousness? I'm not even trying to be an asshole, though maybe I am being one, but come on, the way he was twisting facts around into total bullshit while crying about it was tragicomically awesome. Just awesome.

I also like how he's claiming EVERYONE was begging for leaks, when there's a good portion of the board that AVOIDED ALL OF THOSE THREADS because they didn't agree with what was going on; and that includes me. Of course it looks like everyone was begging for leaks if you cherry-pick and only look at the small group of members who were, ya fuckin' genius.

Anyways, I think one thing we should keep in mind is that the reviews and other posts almost got a friend of soxicmuziks-whateverthefuckhisnameis in huge trouble and maybe even fired or whatever. Whether the band is "omg punx" about this or not, that was a real dick move and I really don't think someone who does that to a "friend" deserves too much sympathy anyway, especially if the price of that sympathy is flinging a bunch of nonsensical bullshit against the members of The Offspring themselves.

Just my opinion.

Agreed agreed agreed. You pretty much said what I did, only in a calm way. As opposed to my enraged rant lol. W00t!

gemalto
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
If I am not mistaken, the threads were approved by your favorite little moderator here. Who's jugdement should you trust if not theirs. First she runs the forum and call the shots, and now all of the sudden she doesnt? How does that work. The posts were not posted on an inofficial offspring forum, but right here on the official forum. You are forgetting that permission was even asked! Moderators could have erased the post whenever they wished. And seeing here how she is preaching about how bad and wrong it is, and how much better she is than the rest of us, it makes me wonder how smart she really is. She SHOULD know better than the so called leak, she didnt obviously.

If you believe that this was all done to ruin the album you are too stupid to even comment. otherwise it could all have been done smarter, more disguised. There was no agenda to anything. Only real love for the band. And most people here seemed to enjoy it (even those who claim they didnt read it, but still seem to know a lot about it).

It did not harm, and everyone knows this. What is going on right now you dont know anything about and it's propbably better that way because otherwise only the most blind and stupid fans would defend these actions.

But what is going on in this thread right now is an interesting observation which is a frequent thing on forums such as these where a lot of immature kids hang around. One try to put down the other just for the fun of it and another one jumps on the wagon. One leads, the others follow. Silly, but amusing.

I hope that you'll never see a leak again, that piracy is forever stopped and that you'll have to pay 20 bucks for an album again. That is what you seem to want and maybe that is what we need. Why not stop the internet too, because it is not healty at all to discuss your favorite bands into too much detail. You might say something that might cost you your future.

This is a waste of time.

jacknife737
05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
I was laughing at you when begging for leaks 10 times. I wonder who is the asshole.

I've never asked anyone for a leak, in fact i've openly stated that i will not even download one should it become available.

Edit: btw, how many times are you going to keep posting after claiming that you're leaving?

JohnnyNemesis
05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm sick of morale preachings on punk forums.

And yes I will leave because I couldn't care less about you or the offspring anymore.

Fake forum, fake members, fake band. I'm out of here.

This is a waste of time.

I'm noticing a trend here.

randman21
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Holy shit...it really is him. lolololololol

...whine...babble...cry...

Seriously, dude. lolz@U. Just...wow.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
If I am not mistaken, the threads were approved by your favorite little moderator here. Who's jugdement should you trust if not theirs. First she runs the forum and call the shots, and now all of the sudden she doesnt? How does that work. The posts were not posted on an inofficial offspring forum, but right here on the official forum. You are forgetting that permission was even asked! Moderators could have erased the post whenever they wished. And seeing here how she is preaching about how bad and wrong it is, and how much better she is than the rest of us, it makes me wonder how smart she really is. She SHOULD know better than the so called leak, she didnt obviously.

If you believe that this was all done to ruin the album you are too stupid to even comment. otherwise it could all have been done smarter, more disguised. There was no agenda to anything. Only real love for the band. And most people here seemed to enjoy it (even those who claim they didnt read it, but still seem to know a lot about it).

It did not harm, and everyone knows this. What is going on right now you dont know anything about and it's propbably better that way because otherwise only the most blind and stupid fans would defend these actions.

But what is going on in this thread right now is an interesting observation which is a frequent thing on forums such as these where a lot of immature kids hang around. One try to put down the other just for the fun of it and another one jumps on the wagon. One leads, the others follow. Silly, but amusing.

I hope that you'll never see a leak again, that piracy is forever stopped and that you'll have to pay 20 bucks for an album again. That is what you seem to want and maybe that is what we need. Why not stop the internet too, because it is not healty at all to discuss your favorite bands into too much detail. You might say something that might cost you your future.

This is a waste of time.

You've said the same damn thing about 5 different ways, and you've done is prove to us all that YOU'RE the immature idiot. You took a chance, you got caught. "Oh that's just the way it goes!"

You also end all of your posts with "this is a waste of time". If it's such a waste of time, why are you wasting so much time posting the same thing over and over again? No one will care if you stop posting and leave. In fact, we encourage it :)

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM

First of all, LOL.

I was keeping an eye on the threads, and no one ever contacted me about them. So I said what I had to say about them, which is the same thing I'm saying now, coincidentally. Tijs and I have been fans for many years and that's why we do this, not because we were hired and put in place by the management.

And funnily enough, it sounds like you forgot that YOU PMed the moderators, including at least one who does not moderate this forum, asking for the threads to be taken down, because you got your friend in trouble. Geez, I wonder who saw that one coming! Guess I really am stupid after all, for telling you that way before it happened.

Stop saying you're leaving and just GO already!

gemalto
05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
So now all of the sudden you as a moderator of this forum have no responsibility at all? How convenient. If you know it was so horrible, you should have stopped it. You are the moderator, not me. If I post something that is not okay on the official offspring forum I trust the moderator (you) will do the right thing.

the_GoDdEsS
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm noticing a trend here.

Oh shit, could it be...EROS?

"when im gone, i'll say "I LEFT""

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
So now all of the sudden you as a moderator of this forum have no responsibility at all? How convenient. If you know it was so horrible, you should have stopped it. You are the moderator, not me. If I post something that is not okay on the official offspring forum I trust the moderator (you) will do the right thing.

You will stop at nothing to avoid taking responsibility, won't you? So LOL.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM

You're denial of responsibility and flip-flopping was kind of amusing at first, but now it's just annoying. You fucked up, and you have no one to blame but yourself. Grow up and learn to be responsible for your actions. More importantly, please leave and never come back.

Superdope
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I wanted to say something, but then I realized that Emehl6 already said it, and in a much better way than I ever could.

Well done.

Ryder1234
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
You're denial of responsibility and flip-flopping was kind of amusing at first, but now it's just annoying. You fucked up, and you have no one to blame but yourself. Grow up and learn to be responsible for your actions. More importantly, please leave and never come back.

mad applause.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I wanted to say something, but then I realized that Emehl6 already said it, and in a much better way than I ever could.

Well done.

mad applause.

Thank you very much :) But, if you want to say something, say it, 'cause this douchebag needs to hear it, in every way possible.

Superdope
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Thank you very much :) But, if you want to say something, say it, 'cause this douchebag needs to hear it, in every way possible.

Well, my initial thought was to tell him to "go eat a bag of dicks", but like I said, you already said it better.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, my initial thought was to tell him to "go eat a bag of dicks", but like I said, you already said it better.

Haha thanks. I do some of my best writing in enraged rant form lol. Hopefully the guy is somewhere eating that bag of dicks because he realized no one wants him or his bitching here.

HeadAroundU
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Lololol, so he really is soxic. HAHA.

We need to sumarize it. I'm kinda confused. Why would he create a new account? Was he banned or he just a pussy? What is he doing? Releasing his anger onto The Offspring because he got his friend into trouble and because he wants his threads to be alive even though he asked mods to delete them???

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Lololol, so he really is sonix. HAHA.

We need to sumarize it. I'm kinda confused. Why would he create a new account? Was he banned or he just a pussy? What is he doing? Releasing his anger onto The Offspring because he got his friend into trouble and because he wants his threads to be alive even though he asked mods to delete them???

I don't think he was banned with his last account, but either way, he's a pussy. And yeah, he's decided to hate on the Offspring because he fucked up and got his friend in trouble. That about sums it up. Pretty fucking sad, eh?

IamSam
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok, seriously. This needs to stop. Everyone read this, especially the ones who are bitching:

-This situation has nothing to do with how "punk" the band is. Shut the fuck up.

-How can you whine and cry and bitch and moan and complain about something when you don't even know half the fucking story? Or even a fucking quarter of it? Again, shut the fuck up.

-The band is on a major label, and this is their career. Even if they agree with filesharing and free downloading, they have to listen to the label or they'll have their asses a lawsuit. Remember what happened during CO1? And need I remind anyone THEY JUST FUCKING GAVE US A FREE DOWNLOAD!!!??? They're stance means jackshit when it comes to what the label wants. The Offspring don't run Columbia, they work for them. Go try telling your boss what to do and let me know how that works out for you.

-The Offspring had nothing to do with Soxic's posts being deleted. How many times must that be said? HE ASKED FOR THEM TO BE DELETED! No one in the band or at the label had them removed. Stop trying to use the fact his posts were deleted to try to show that the band doesn't care about its fans, because they had absolutely nothing to do with the posts being deleted. He took a chance of getting himself and his friend in trouble by talking about something that wasn't supposed to get out of the company. That has nothing to with the band, that's business. Shut the fuck up. Again, THEY JUST GAVE US A FREE DOWNLOAD! And, THEY'RE HAVING A CONTEST IN WHICH THEY'RE GIVING THEIR OWN MONEY TO THE FANS AS A PRIZE! So shut the fuck up with all the "they don't care about their fans bullshit". It's just that, bullshit.

It's fucking impossible to please you people. First you bitch about not having any news, then you bitch about what news you get, then you bitch about leaks, then you bitch about the band not caring about their fans. What the fuck do you want them to do? Look at all the shit they've done for the fans over the years: Contests in which fans win some of the band's money. Free concerts in the middle of the street. Free downloads. Need I go on? Shut the fuck up already. This is absolutely rediculous.

Give me your address so I can mail you a beer. Or have one with you, either or.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Give me your address so I can mail you a beer. Or have one with you, either or.

Hahaha. You don't need to send me anything for that, it needed to be said, and everyone was thinking it. I was just the first one to say it lol. But, if you must, I'm a Bud man :)

Superdope
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Some of the tags are solid gold

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Some of the tags are solid gold

My personal favorite is "don't call me Shirley". Winwinwin.

IamSam
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
My personal favorite is "don't call me Shirley". Winwinwin.

I did the beginning two from Airplane so whomever finished it for me freaking rocks my socks.

Zee
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Being that angry must mean that his friend at the label got fired... jeez what a drama, hah.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I did the beginning two from Airplane so whomever finished it for me freaking rocks my socks.

Hell yes. Airplane is such a hilarious movie. I like the mailorder beer tag too lol. Awesome. Adding tags to the board was a fantastical idea. Props to whoever came up with that.

Superdope
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Hell yes. Airplane is such a hilarious movie. I like the mailorder beer tag too lol. Awesome. Adding tags to the board was a fantastical idea. Props to whoever came up with that.

Oh stewardess, I speak jive

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Can you fly this plane and land it?
Surely you can't be serious.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 02:34 PM
The plane is veering off topic. ;)

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
The plane is veering off topic. ;)

Roger, Roger. We have clearance, Clarence. What's your vector, Victor? Haha.

Alright, I'm done. Can we close this thread yet? I'm scared to say it, but I think the bitching has ceased. For a little while, at least. Let the positivity radiate! Haha.

Edit: Notice that as I quote "Airplane!", but post count goes to 747. Irony? I think not.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Let's just let sleeping arguments lie.