PDA

View Full Version : New Band Advertising!!!

chester666
05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
hi, my name's Chester (artistic name, nickname, name everyone in the whole world knows me as...), an i am the guitar player for a brand new band that was started in Quito, Ecuador early in May 2008. Our band is really different to many things you may have heard about, we're not following regular band rules, everyone of us have different musical tastes, styles, and looks. We are composed by our lead singer Juan Carlos (aka PIG, not kidding, he's fat, he likes metal music, mainly Ecuadorian bands...), our drum player is called Raphael (he's an emo and likes hardcore, scremo, ya know), our bassist is called Jose (aka Grim Ripper..., he likes metal too, like megadeth, death, etc... i don't know why i always have considered him as the best choice for a bass player, i mean, he's tall and once he was wearing a cap, and... i just felt like "he has to be the bass"), and of course ME (aka CHESTER, i've been told i look just a little bit like NOODLES, cause i use simmilar glasses and hair style, like he was in 2000, i like many bands from different genres but i'm more of a punk, first of all... and of course... my favorite band THE OFFSPRING, i also like SEX PISTOLS, RAMONES, BUZZCOCKS, THE CLASH, oldies... in metal i like SYSTEM OF A DOWN most of all, RAMMSTEIN, EMIGRATE, METALLICA)...well, this is all i've got to say about this blooming project, we have some songs already recorded, demos, and our genre is more like an alternative rock feeling, i'm looking forward to upload the tracks on the internet...and i hope that many of you TO fans would do us a favor and listen to them...thank you a lot.

IF YOU WANNA CONTACT ME, I CAN SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH A, PLEASE WRITE TO: chester666_1992@hotmail.com

AGAIN, THANK YOU A LOT FOR READING THIS, I MEAN IT:)

randman21
05-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Ummm, I was all ready to listen until I realized that you didn't give us a link...or a name:confused:

More information, please?

chester666
05-17-2008, 01:14 PM
hi, it's me again...chester...you're so right randman21, i didn't gave you a link where you can hear us, or a band name...so sorry, i had quite a little time on the internet that i didn't realized i forgot to put that here, and i remembered it later...such an idiot. well our band name it's MANICAL SUBSIDAL, like THE OFFSPRING in they're previous years, i didn't thought the name as you may think i did, it was my sister, she read the band's page at wikipedia and thought the name would be cool...besides, if you read system of a down's page on wikipedia, you will know that in they're previous years they called SOIL, and now there's another band with that name, so i thought "why can't we call our band like that?", right?...and well i didn't gave you a link to hear us because i don't have a myspace account, or even a hi5, i don't like that stuff...it just doesn't fit my personality, but i promise you i will give you a link or anything as soon as i can, so you'll be able to listen to us...just be patient...

PD: i would like you to help a little bit...does any band you know or you're in has already that name, so that i can change it if so?:confused: please, give an answer...THNX YOU:)

Vera
05-18-2008, 12:42 PM
chester, if you want to reply to somebody's post, you do not need to start a new thread, you can simply hit "Post Reply" and then post your response. I have merged the posts from the new thread you made with the old one and deleted one duplicate post.

As to your question, I don't if having that name as yours is the wisest move, since a lot of Offspring fans associate it with Offspring ... "Soil" on the other hand is an existing word that somebody might've come up with without it having anything to do with System of a Down. But then again, it's entirely your call.

chester666
05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
thanks vera, really you helped me a lot, i'm kinda new in this "forum/chat" thing, my social life is not as good as i would like it to be...i noticed you didn't payed attention to something, or if you did sorry, maybe i misunderstood you...TO name was MANIC SUBSIDAL, without the (AL) at the end of manic...so...maybe i'm an ass at pointing this out but...i guess you didn't read it entirely well

randman21
05-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Haha, I hadn't noticed the "al" at the end either.

The good news: I'm certain no one on earth has this name.

The bad news: Neither of these is a real word, so your band would have the same problem Manic Subsidal had (no one could remember the name correctly). Still, it's your call.:cool:

chester666
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah man, i thought the same thing, neither of the words has a real meaning, but it sounds cool, i mean, everytime my bandmates say it, it sounds so cool, almost professional, it's my personal view about it. We're going to be playing at my school's annual party, however no one around the school thinks we're good enough to play, but i think we're very good because we tried to start the band in february, but we could because it sounded so awful i said to myself "there's no future in this", so me and my friend started writing music and lyrics, and then when we played some covers and song, we were all conected and it sounded as if we've been playing for years and that was a normal professional rehearsal, i know it means nothing, but it's really exciting being involved in something like these

chester666
05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
It finally happened, our band, Manical Subsidal, played for an audience this morning...it was kinda cool yet kinda lame....we had so much troubles finding a drumkit...our drummer's one was broken and we called so many people, but no one could lend us one, it seemed like a joke 'cause all the people we called had an accident or something just yesterday and couldn't do us the favor, at last i contacted some old friend who had a drumkit, gave him a twenty and we had the drum 30 minutes before the gig...

we did the soundcheck right there in front of almost 150 people (we played in our school "kermesse", there was parents and all-ages people), for this we played Richie Valens' "La Bamba", then we started with Soda Stereo's "Música Ligera" and, of course, i could convince my bandmates to play The Offspring "Self Esteem", in which i singed 'cause our singer refuses to sing in english...so that was our first gig, it was cool but and a lot of people said we were really good, so we'll see what future bring us...

Conspiracyof1000
06-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Wishing your band the best of luck. :)

randman21
06-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey, good job. I'm still waiting for some vids or mp3s or something.:D

And, by the way, it's generally good practice to keep all your posts about the same band in one thread. Just bump the old one.

Vera
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Merged threads. chester, in the future, just post to this thread about whatever is happening with your band - congrats on the gig. :)