PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, dear Offspring, that I'm from Serbia...

shanna_guarana
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
When I wanted to sign up for the mailing list I've found out that there is no Serbia on the countries' list....I know that my country has it's name changed many times....that it had political problems and all....but I find that really unfair....what that means?! That they don't care for the fans from Serbia? I'm sorry, dear Offspring, that I'm from Serbia...I should probably move to another country......

Komaschwarz
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Do what Americans do when they travel abroad...

Say you're from Canada ;)

shanna_guarana
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
hahaha....yes, but anyway that's not the problem...I can always choose another country....the problem is that they don't think about us....:(

Blackball_
05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
you know, nobody sit and write a big list of countries for all these lists. they just use one big list thats probably pretty old. the country thing doesnt really mean anything most of the time anyway. maybe some localied mailing list but im sure it wont matter if its a particular country, but instead what continent, etc.

i need to say im from 'united kingdom' on everything i sign up for. bleh! :(

HeadAroundU
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
First Kosovo and now this. Horrible things happen to Serbia. :( :(

shanna_guarana
05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
And there is no even Yugoslavia or sth like that...and yes, there are all the other ex-YU countries.....but no Serbia......really sick of that....

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
First Kosovo and now this. Horrible things happen to Serbia. :( :(

HAU > All.

Llamas
05-19-2008, 08:33 PM
And there is no even Yugoslavia or sth like that...and yes, there are all the other ex-YU countries.....but no Serbia......really sick of that....

Do you realize how many countries there are in the world? It's a mailing list. They probably picked countries that have the most fans and threw them on a list. They're not gonna take the time to put a comprehensive list of every country in the world, when probably a majority of countries haven't even heard of the band. It makes more sense to just put countries they know they have fans in, or countries where it's the most likely.

shanna_guarana
05-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Didn't know that Bosnia and Macedonia have more fans than Serbia....but, ok if you say so....I mean, do you really believe in that...?!

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-20-2008, 06:21 AM
What I want to know is.. why does it matter to you so much? Seriously?

Kitten
05-20-2008, 06:43 AM
When I wanted to sign up for the mailing list I've found out that there is no Serbia on the countries' list....I know that my country has it's name changed many times....that it had political problems and all....but I find that really unfair....what that means?! That they don't care for the fans from Serbia? I'm sorry, dear Offspring, that I'm from Serbia...I should probably move to another country......

I get the general impression that the band doesn't actually write those lists personally, otherwise I am sure that Serbia would have been included. This is something that is more up the webmasters alley.

Jesus
05-20-2008, 06:46 AM
I didn't know people actually bothered to scroll down for their country, I just pick what's first. The easiest and laziest solution.

shanna_guarana
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
What I want to know is.. why does it matter to you so much? Seriously?

I don't know, I think that we are all too sensitive on that topic here, in Serbia....