PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Fall Rage and Grace

Emil
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
HI Guys! Now I want each and every one of you to give your vote about if the new album really is the best they've done? :D I think it kicks Ass and is just as punked as the other albums. I have one more question. Is there any one here exept me there doesn't think that Conspiracy of one songs isn't very The offspring. I mean does it look like The Offspring to make such in punk or alternative music?

RODNEYMULLEN
05-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Ummm... yeah, Where did you here the album?

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
has been leaked for like 2 weeks ago..

RODNEYMULLEN
05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
$5 e-dollars says he is talking about Hammerhead or the shitty Half Truism/Trust in You.

I hope not, but he probly is. But then what was that 2 weeks shit?

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
i'm talking about the whole album fucker

check in torrents or ares

Emil
05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Uhhh?

1. Where did you hear the new album?
2. It isn't very The Offspring?
3. What the hell did you just say?

Sorry guys sorry haven't heard the album yet. I just wanted to compare Hammerhead and the other albums. Sorry my Bad:D

ThunderPX
05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, this is the same guy who made that epic thread about the band being racist.

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, this is the same guy who made that epic thread about the band being racist.

so?? that turns me into a liar?

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
so?? that turns me into a liar?

Not necessarily a liar, just not a very credible source.

Emil
05-16-2008, 01:28 PM

that's not true I haven't a made a thread where I said that the band were racists. You got the wrong guy. Trust me. I have never post that kind of crap before. maby annother guy who has the same username but it's not me :-|

Self3steem
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
hes not talking bout you emil
anyways

and wheres the proof of the leak then?

RODNEYMULLEN
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
anyways

Yeah, where's the proof?

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
i'm the one saying offspring where rracists

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok here's the deal, from what I've been told...

There are some songs on Ares in WMA, like Kristy Are You Doing OK, Takes Me Nowhere, A Lot Like Me, and of course Hammerhead and Half Truism. But when they have been downloaded and people have tried to play them it says you need to acquire a license for it and it advertises some site with The Offspring on it.

fucking exactly!!!!!!!!!!

RODNEYMULLEN
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Ok here's the deal, from what I've been told...

There are some songs on Ares in WMA, like Kristy Are You Doing OK, Takes Me Nowhere, A Lot Like Me, and of course Hammerhead and Half Truism. But when they have been downloaded and people have tried to play them it says you need to acquire a license for it and it advertises some site with The Offspring on it.

Been there, done that. From what i can see they are fake.

Self3steem
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
well thats a bummer
im looking forward to the studio version of half-truism
a lot like me and takes me nowhere

YODAvid
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
well thats a bummer
im looking forward to the studio version of half-truism
a lot like me and takes me nowhere

i am looking forward to the studio version of songs 1 through 12.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Well, they might not be fake. Is there a computer nerd in here that can break the license thing? If you don't have ares i can send them to you.

Emil
05-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Well, they might not be fake. Is there a computer nerd in here that can break the license thing? If you don't have ares i can send them to you.

Me? If it is me you are asking I can tell you that I'm not very a nerd to computer.

YODAvid
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM

those license things are all bullshit. TOTAL bullshit. and if ... IF IF IF.. in words IF ... there was a license and you BOUGHT it or whatever, it would give you something like *insert any old offspring song*

Emil
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
anyways

If you want to see all my threads you can just klick search and then Emil

Self3steem
05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self3steem
anyways

If you want to see all my threads you can just klick search and then Emil

im not saying you said it im saying you didnt dude lol

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't mean to crash the party or be a dick or anything, but maybe you guys should take this discussion of leaks somewhere else. I mean, it is the band's forum, and I don't think I need to remind anyone of the shitfest that's going on because of the album leak right now.

I mean, I'd like to hear a leak just as much as anyone else, I won't deny that, but this is the band's site, and we've got to respect them.

YODAvid
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't think I need to remind anyone of the shitfest that's going on because of the album leak right now.

well there aint a leak yet so no shitfest (nice choice of words btw :D ) .... we are just talking about it. when its actually out... thats something different

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
well there aint a leak yet so no shitfest (nice choice of words btw :D ) .... we are just talking about it. when its actually out... thats something different

Well someone got a promo copy of the album that wasn't supposed to and they announced that to the world, and the end result was they got their friend that works at Columbia in trouble. And, a shitfest ensued. Check out the "I Can't Help But Feel Dissappointed" thread lol. I just don't want something like that to happen again. And I don't want you guys to get bitched out for talking about the leak lol. Glad you liked my word lol.

Emil
05-16-2008, 02:04 PM
im not saying you said it im saying you didnt dude lol

Sorry anyway I made this crappy thread because I want some friends but that was a very bad methode to do it in.:(

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Sorry anyway I made this crappy thread because I want some friends but that was a very bad methode to do it in.:(

No one is mad or dislikes you for this thread dude. It's all good :)

Self3steem
05-16-2008, 02:07 PM
yeah im happy this thread came up
i liek talking bout the new songs

05-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I just discovered something... well... groundbreaking. I'm about to have somethinnnng. ;)

Self3steem
05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
what!!!??! what is it boy??!?!?

Emil
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah im happy this thread came up
i liek talking bout the new songs

Thanks guys. That takes me back. I was afraid of if you were pissed on me. lets discuss Conspiracy of one. one of numbers witch is called Denial, Revisited I think it's a cool song but little poped to my tased. Don't you agree that it's a little too poped?

Cock Joke
05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Can't you all wait? The band's gonna distribute all the songs for free on this site in less than a month! June 11th.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Can't you all wait? The band's gonna distribute all the songs for free on this site in less than a month! June 11th.

What? How do you know that?

Cock Joke
05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
"A special gatefold vinyl edition of the album with access to a free download of the album will be released alongside the traditional CD and download in the United States."

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2008&newsID=436347

I forget where I heard June 11, though. It might have just been someone on the board saying that. I'm not 100% sure it'll be on the site but chances are it will.

EMehl6
05-16-2008, 02:58 PM
"A special gatefold vinyl edition of the album with access to a free download of the album will be released alongside the traditional CD and download in the United States."

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2008&newsID=436347

I forget where I heard June 11, though. It might have just been someone on the board saying that. I'm not 100% sure it'll be on the site but chances are it will.

Oh ok. I knew about that already. But that means you have to buy the vinyl version first, then you can download the album to put on your iPod or whatever.

bouncingcoles
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
i'm the one saying offspring where rracists

AFI sucks....

Emil
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh ok. I knew about that already. But that means you have to buy the vinyl version first, then you can download the album to put on your iPod or whatever.

what is you are talking about guys. I'm just qurious:D

ThunderPX
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
AFI sucks....

Fuck you. Also, if you hate AFI, how come you figured out his username was an AFI song?

Marc_Nitschke
05-16-2008, 05:39 PM
yeah thats right...a lot of band have this kind of "deal"..you buy the vinyl and THEN you can download the song----a nice idea cause you cant put the vinyl in your PC to make it to MP3s...

brothadave79
05-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Can you legally download it more than once or are you screwed if you lose the files? I'm not familiar with this.

Marc_Nitschke
05-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Can you legally download it more than once or are you screwed if you lose the files? I'm not familiar with this.

actually i don't know...you get a code with the vinyl...but i don't know if it is goo donly once...i will try tomorrow if i can use the code i got with my P.O.D. record a second time,...just to find out, cause it's an interesting question, i havn't thought of that one, cause it didn't really matter to me cause i also got the record on CD:D

Fall-children
05-16-2008, 06:13 PM
AFI sucks....

you suck really....really..

IamSam
05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Stop the AFI argument. This is not the place.

On another note, I wonder what the second single of the album is going to be. Half-Truism?

hshduppsnt
05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Stop the AFI argument. This is not the place.

On another note, I wonder what the second single of the album is going to be. Half-Truism?

That would be my guess

Marc_Nitschke
05-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, from the songs i heard that would be my guess, but from the review i read, could be also the song with the piano? - forgot the name...

but we can tell the day we hold the CD in our hands cause it probably will say wich song it is (indirecty of cause...)

RobinoZombie
05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
found the HH single, it has the original album version and a radio edit, apperantly:( atleast on the promo cd

ThunderPX
05-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, from the songs i heard that would be my guess, but from the review i read, could be also the song with the piano? - forgot the name...

but we can tell the day we hold the CD in our hands cause it probably will say wich song it is (indirecty of cause...)

Like one of those stickers going "THE LONG-AWAITED NEW OFFSPRING ALBUM FEATURING THE HIT SINGLES HAMMERHEAD AND ...", ignoring the fact that the second song hasn't even been released as a single yet? :P

dff_punk
05-17-2008, 06:35 AM
The next single will prolly be some of those "more different" songs, that are going to be on the album. U know, Hammerhead was released to get people familiar with the Offspring again, and the next one will be introducing their kinda new style perhaps.

Indii
05-17-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't know if that has been posted yet: In the the new issue of the German Visions magazine there is no review of "Rise and Fall", but they seem to have a promo. One of the writers has the album in his playlist, which presents his favourite records for this month. And "Rise and Fall" is number one!

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9839/p1000649qy1.th.jpg (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1000649qy1.jpg)

dff_punk
05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Damn you, JÍRG STAUDE!

ThunderPX
05-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah, it says "Adv.", probably meaning "advance."

Indii
05-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah, it says "Adv.", probably meaning "advance."

Right. But they could review an advanced copy, couldn't they?

YODAvid
05-17-2008, 09:02 AM
aaah does anybody else experience this? i keep checking for the leak like every 30 minuntes, at least when i am home :D so cant wait for it to come out.

Aion
05-17-2008, 09:17 AM
1 month left to the release!!! >.<
i want it now!!!