PDA

View Full Version : Madeleine lost the war

NIDOKING
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't know if it's OK to post this there. It's my first time here even though I'm a long Offspring fan.

I just registered to offer slight modifications and ask to recommendations to this lyrics, from the first song of the first album, rename Madeleine Lost the War to refer that little girl, supossedly lost at Portugal.

Madeleine lost the war today
you'll find her burnt and raped
Through it all she must have wondered
what have I done
But nobody really cares today
the world's a busy place
Guess she must've really sinned now
(Really sinned now)

I guess we're all just soldiers
She was only four years old
Left to die by strangers
Her family waits
And if we're all just soldiers
is it so wrong to be afraid?

Madeleine lost the war

Maddy lost the war today
there must be some mistake
Say it happens all the time
and it's said and done
Little Miss McCann Your soul remains unclaimed
Guess you must've really sinned now
(Really sinned now)

Morality won't help her
When she lies silent in a morgue
And all our sorrows just don't count at all
But will the morning headlines
Even say that it's a shame
What are we headin' for

Madeleine lost the war

Seen it all before
Silent on the ground
as he's walking away
And I wonder how many more
everybody take it
like it's nothin' at all
Madeleine lost (,lost ,lost ,lost) the war

I guess we're all just soldiers
She was only six years old
Left to die by strangers
Her family waits
But will the morning headlines
Even say that it's a shame
What are we headin' for?

As you see, only little modifications, but as Teheran was a coin flip between that city or Baghdad, and later Baghdad was kinda an update, this should also be a good update, or not.

Please comments.

Andy
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I can't help but think that the whole "oh LOL I'm making a satire on a much-publicised horrific event" is getting a little tiresome lately.

F@ BANKZ
05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I can't help but agree with Andy.

NIDOKING
05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
When The Offspring made songs like Beheaded, Demons, Come out and Play, Kill the President, Bad Habit, etc., it didn't meant they enjoyed that directly... I guess you guys are just sissies, go listen Fuckstreets Boys and they crying songs! ;)

The song should be interpreted the other way around btw, and I will just remember this is an Offspring song with the word Madeleine replacing Jennifer, and McCann replacing 1565. Oh, and the age of the childs were different. If I remember correctly, Dexter wrote "Jennifer lost the war" after reading a newspaper article about a dead child on Route 1565, or something like that.

What I mean, please, think before crying for nothing! o.o

Blackball_
05-16-2008, 04:49 PM
aye very good son.

ThunderPX
05-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Little Miss 1565 refers to an unidentified victim of a fire in the 1930s or something, I believe.

brothadave79
05-16-2008, 05:22 PM
I thought it was because her body was found by mile marker 1565 on a highway. Does anyone know the actual reason?

Blackball_
05-16-2008, 05:39 PM
circus tent fire or something?

Jojan
05-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Or the Swedish slut Engla. 10 year old girl got raped and murderd, and the media acts like this is the most important thing in the world.

IamSam
05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought it was because her body was found by mile marker 1565 on a highway. Does anyone know the actual reason?

I think it had to do with an old old wooden ship built in 1565 named The Little Miss.

brothadave79
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
circus tent fire or something?

He's actually right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Circus_Fire#Little_Miss_1565

randman21
05-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Hmmm, I thought I knew this story, but I'm way off. I thought it happened in 1565. Anyway, I really didn't see this topic as being a joke. *shrug*