PDA

View Full Version : Eagerly awaiting... (Nice to meet all of you, by the way)

Angelo
05-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone,

First time poster here, but a long time reader of the forums. For those who are interested in doing a little bit of reading I thought I'd share some of my views and opinions (as well as feelings) regarding this amazing band.

It's an extremely exciting time for all of us fans, isn't it? What with the new album on its way, talks of the album leaking, different forum members having heard the new material and sharing their views of it. It seems as though each day my patience gets more and more thin in regards to hearing Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace as a whole. Needless to say, I am extremely excited to hear the new album - and that is based both on the clips I have already heard (Hammerhead studio version as well as the low quality Half-Truism and Trust In You) and the fact that it has been so long since we last heard Dexter and co. do what they do best: Deliver simple, to-the-point, melodic rock songs like no other band is able to do.

I know that I'm not alone in this, but I am hoping for the album to leak VERY soon! I will buy the album, period. If any of you knew me it would be foolish to assume otherwise. However, I am truly tired of waiting. The excitement and anticipation has become too much to bare, especially after hearing the few clips I've heard. :)

I'd like to make it clear that I have been an Offspring fan since '94 - Come Out & Play (and eventually the album Smash) won me over and turned this band into my favourite, and that has not wavered once since then. I point this out so people don't think of me as some whiney "noob", as people seem to love to throw at new forum members. I have waited with the rest of you. I have listened with joy along with all of you as new material has come out over the years. Petty squabbles over whether or not the band is "punk" seem completely irrelevant to me. The music matters. Dexter's voice matters. Noodles' amazing rhythmic playing matters. Greg's simple and steady bass lines matter. As I said, the music matters.

I've shed tears as a result of being moved by Dexter's voice. I've laughed out loud due to the joy I get from hearing the power that can be realesed by their songs. Everybody who would lend an ear since '94 knows that this band is extremely important to me. And this is why I cannot wait for the new album. I can't wait to laugh with glee. I cant wait to hear Dexter sing to me alone (and yet not alone) like no other person can. I love this band and am extremely grateful that they create the music they do.

Perhaps I seem over dramatic to some of you. I'm sure there are others who can relate to what I am saying. I do not have the biggest collection of CD's (though I own ALL of their albums). I do not know more about each member than your average hardcore fan. I do not know a lot of Offspring trivia that some of you will know. The one thing I do know is that what I get from The Offspring cannot be bought, collected, obtained, or taken away from me. It's special. It's a once in a life time occurance. This band is special - to me, if to no one else.

Once again, I say that I cannot wait to hear this album as soon as possible (from the first track to the last, as they had intended for me to hear it).

It's a great time to be a fan of this amazing band!!!

Thanks for your time everyone. ;)

P.S. I am well aware that there are similar threads that are active at this time. I simply figured this would allow me to introduce myself a bit (as well as express my love for the band). I hope nobody minds.

Dragnet
05-17-2008, 01:35 AM
my diagnosis: hardcore offspring fan

there's no cure

Camilamazed
05-17-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm sure there are others who can relate to what I am saying. I do not have the biggest collection of CD's (though I own ALL of their albums). I do not know more about each member than your average hardcore fan. I do not know a lot of Offspring trivia that some of you will know. The one thing I do know is that what I get from The Offspring cannot be bought, collected, obtained, or taken away from me. It's special. It's a once in a life time occurance. This band is special - to me, if to no one else.

(Exact the) Same here.

jacknife737
05-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Wellcome to the bbs!

the hitcher
05-17-2008, 04:07 PM
hey angelo wellcome to the offspring forum

Biggest offspring fan
05-17-2008, 04:10 PM
couldn't have said it better...

Conspiracyof1000
05-17-2008, 04:33 PM
hey angelo wellcome to the offspring forum

What he said except without the extra "l." :p

Angelo
05-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the welcoming replies, guys. I look forward to becoming a part of this community and making some "friends" (so to speak) here. :)

Conspiracyof1000
05-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Don't feel bad, I feel noobish sometimes too. Since I only really started listening to them in '05, I feel so bad that I couldn't experience them since the beginning.
Dammit, I hate being born in '92...

Self3steem
05-17-2008, 06:41 PM
i was born in 92 to edmonton alberta yeah!!!!
i got into them with americana

Conspiracyof1000
05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Haha, all of a sudden I don't feel so young. :rolleyes:

brothadave79
05-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Ugh, I feel old when I hear anyone say they were born in the 90's.

Angelo
05-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it can be a little surprising to hear people say they were born a couple of years before I started listening to the band. It's cool though. :)

I remember wearing my flaming skull hoodie one day and having a kid who couldn't have been older than 10 say "Cool sweater. The Offspring rocks!" Mind blowing, yet very cool at the same time. (FYI, I was born in '79 - probably one of the older guys around here... But I'm happy to say I don't act it most of the time ;))

Short_Attention_Span
05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
lol wow
I feel like such a noob with all these old fans...
I learned about offspring only a year ago
and it actually isn't my favorite band, I don't have a favorite one
DON'T SHOOT ME

Oh, don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm the same way, and still kind of new--I got into them only a couple of years ago. But, the Offspring were the one of the first bands that really got me deeply into music, so I think I'll always be some sort of a fan.

And, welcome to the BBS, Angelo!
________
Vodun (Voodoo) Dicussion (http://www.religionboard.org/vodun-voodoo/)