PDA

View Full Version : KROQ Weenie Roast Setlist

Alex101
05-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Interested in the setlist? Well, here's all the songs they played at the KROQ Weenie Roast tonight (also in-case anyone missed it):

1. Come Out and Play
2. The Kids Aren't Alright
3. Hammerhead
4. All I Want
5. Gone Away
6. Staring at the Sun
7. Gotta Get Away
8. Want You Bad
9. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
10. Bad Habit
11. Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
12. Can't Get My Head Around You
13. Self-Esteem

It was fun watching this concert on the internet. Did you guys think it was fun too?

Nemesis881
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
it was quite awesome. Dexter's voice could have been a little better IMO but it was still acceptable for a live show.
I'm still watching metallica :p
the offspring and metallica are 2 of my favorite bands..i almost crapped myself when they said that this was being webcasted!

Alex101
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
it was quite awesome. Dexter's voice could have been a little better IMO but it was still acceptable for a live show.
I'm still watching metallica :p
the offspring and metallica are 2 of my favorite bands..i almost crapped myself when they said that this was being webcasted!

Well, since you're watching Metallica, could you please send in the setlist? I'm interested their own setlist too. If you can't, then that's OK, but thanks a bazillion, Nemesis881.

hshduppsnt
05-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Dude so I just got back from the show and I'm too tired to do much else but I will say this to the guy who said Dexter's voice could have sounded better...

it sounded pretty freakin awesome there...

(and on a side note... I was not impressed by Metallica fans... at least in my section people were much more into the Offspring... but that may also have been because I was going nuts singing at the top of my lungs the whole time... which is something the Metallica fans didn't do much of until the end of their set)

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, I think Dexter is too tired to sing All I want. I missed some enthusiasm in this show. I mean, they got pretty excited with the two new tracks.

Maybe that's what they need. Work on a new setlist.

sneedo
05-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I watched that shit on my LCD HD TV, it looked as good as a 700kbps video would look on a HDtv :(

sneedo
05-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Well, I think Dexter is too tired to sing All I want. I missed some enthusiasm in this show. I mean, they got pretty excited with the two new tracks.

Maybe that's what they need. Work on a new setlist.

Agreed, I seriously named off all of the songs they'd play right before they'd start them, it was crazy.

I don't think my girlfriend thought it was that impressive though, but I was like holy shit I'm guessing everything they'll play right before they play it.

I was praying for no pretty fly, and no one seems to have mentioned the Absence of Higgins.

Dexter_italy
05-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Agreed, I seriously named off all of the songs they'd play right before they'd start them, it was crazy.

I don't think my girlfriend thought it was that impressive though, but I was like holy shit I'm guessing everything they'll play right before they play it.

I was praying for no pretty fly, and no one seems to have mentioned the Absence of Higgins.

I noticed as soon as they started....and I prefer them without him. I don't hate Higgins, he's a cool guy, I just don't see him as a band member, they can do cool shows even without him. This set sounded really good!!
________
WWW.FUCK (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Jesus
05-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Dude so I just got back from the show and I'm too tired to do much else but I will say this to the guy who said Dexter's voice could have sounded better...

it sounded pretty freakin awesome there...

That's how they have always sounded, awesome live when you are actually there and not that awesome on direct live recordings ;). I still think they were really good on the recording though, better at the end than the beginning.

The new songs sounded awesome live though, even on the recording!

And about the lack of enthusiasm, they've been playing like this for most of the last 10-13 years or so. I don't really mind it though. Although the crappy camera work of last night probably didn't help much either, mostly focused on Pete. It's better on Noodles cause he jumps and moves around ;). Dexter needs his spiked hair back though.

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 11:35 AM

It's sad to say that we go to their shows nowadays, kid of, knowing what we're going to hear. Of course we would sing along with all those songs if we were at the show, but hey we know they have great songs and we dream that they would do them live. People keep saying they might change the setlist when they start their own tour. Do you believe those songs of yesterday will be out of the setlist?

I don't want to hear All I want anymore. The song is pure energy and we need that live.

=|

I do miss Higgins. But he's not part of the shows anymore since soundwave right?

RobinoZombie
05-18-2008, 11:46 AM
he wasnt on summersonic either, even with sampled choir parts on the choruses of the new songs, they fucking need it on alot of songs aswell. bring higgins back...please

Jesus
05-18-2008, 11:46 AM
People keep saying they might change the setlist when they start their own tour. Do you believe those songs of yesterday will be out of the setlist?

No, because those are the hits. They'll always play'm and it's pretty cool too when you're there because everyone sings along + I'd be pretty pissed if they didn't play TKAA or Self Esteem.
But what most people, or I at least, mean is that on their own tour they play longer. So they usually have around 22 songs instead of 13. So on their own tour we probably get: standard hits + 5-6 songs from the new record + known none hit songs such as bad habit, have you ever + 1 or 2 songs that they change between concerts. Like how it's always been since Smash ;).

Higgins wasn't on the European greatest hits tour either IIRC. His last tour was warped 05.

RobinoZombie
05-18-2008, 11:49 AM
oh yeah thats true, wonder what happend to him

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 11:53 AM
No, because those are the hits. They'll always play'm and it's pretty cool too when you're there because everyone sings along + I'd be pretty pissed if they didn't play TKAA or Self Esteem.
But what most people, or I at least, mean is that on their own tour they play longer. So they usually have around 22 songs instead of 13. So on their own tour we probably get: standard hits + 5-6 songs from the new record + known none hit songs such as bad habit, have you ever + 1 or 2 songs that they change between concerts. Like how it's always been since Smash ;).

Higgins wasn't on the European greatest hits tour either IIRC. His last tour was warped 05.

I know they're the hits. PJ has a lot of hist too but their fans never know what the set list will be. TKAA, SE, COAP and Gotta get away are the songs that can't be out. But WDYGJ, Want you bad (is this the inly song in CO1?), All I want, Pretty fly.. we would not miss those if they played other stuff.. I wouldn't miss All I want like yesterday. I prefer not to listen to it.

Would you?

Jesus
05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
oh yeah thats true, wonder what happend to him

Don't know, cause he recorded back up vocals for RAFRAG, cause he was on the studio webcam doing vocals at one time. Maybe he got another fulltime job or so.

dff_punk
05-18-2008, 11:57 AM
All I Want is one of their trademark songs, like TKAA or Self Esteem. They definitely cannot leave that one out.

RobinoZombie
05-18-2008, 11:59 AM
ok, didnt notice that, yeah maybe he "matured" haha
I really hope they'll mix up the setlist on the World Tour, and is there only one song of splinter aswell?:o

And did you notice the pre recorded chorus parts on Kroq? i wonder why they dont use them on TKAA and some other songs that sounds weak as shit in the choruses without higgins. another "evidence" that they use Sample choruses is that 1: Pete counts many songs in(that never has been done before, atleast not many of the songs that their counting in now) 2: There are 2 vocal tracks while dexter sung the part after the bridge of hammerhad while Greg&Noodles was away from the mic.

Nothing wrong with it, but im just wondering why they dont use it on all songs that need it.

Jesus
05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I know they're the hits. PJ has a lot of hist too but their fans never know what the set list will be. TKAA, SE, COAP and Gotta get away are the songs that can't be out. But WDYGJ, Want you bad (is this the inly song in CO1?), All I want, Pretty fly.. we would not miss those if they played other stuff.. I wouldn't miss All I want like yesterday. I prefer not to listen to it.

Would you?

All I Want (definitely don't drop it if they play it at the beginning of the set 2nd or 3rd song. It's one of their trademark songs. I don't want to hear it in the middle of a set though)
Pretty Fly (I wouldn't mind, but I can't really seem them dropping that one, I checked the metallica board and they were happy when that came on, finally a good song they said...)
Why don't you get a job/Want you bad (I wouldn't mind if those were dropped, WDYGJ was dropped at kroq btw., it's a nice song to sing a long too and want you bad is pretty good live, but I wouldn't mind if they were dropped).

Gone Away does need to be dropped though.

As long as they don't put hit that or OP back on the setlist ;). They just have such a huge back catalogue compared to the time they play. But yeah keeping stuff like TKAA SE etc. while rotating some of the other hits would be better.

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
All I Want (definitely don't drop it if they play it at the beginning of the set 2nd or 3rd song. It's one of their trademark songs. I don't want to hear it in the middle of a set though)

I know it is. But I still think we need to see some energy, otherwise leave it alone. All I want is the song that drives the audience wild. So it demands a lot of stage energy. Either you keep it and make the most of it, or drop it. But please, don't sing it as if you were singing she's got issues...

Pretty Fly (I wouldn't mind, but I can't really seem them dropping that one, I checked the metallica board and they were happy when that came on, finally a good song they said...)

That's interesting haha. But either way I wouldn't miss it.

Gone Away does need to be dropped though.

If I had to choose All I want and Gone away, I would prefer GA because Dexter sang the song beautifully and way better than AIW.

As long as they don't put hit that or OP back on the setlist ;). They just have such a huge back catalogue compared to the time they play. But yeah keeping stuff like TKAA SE etc. while rotating some of the other hits would be better.

*two thumbs up*

Jesus
05-18-2008, 12:29 PM
If I had to choose All I want and Gone away, I would prefer GA because Dexter sang the song beautifully and way better than AIW.

Yeah but gone away takes up 4 whole precious minutes of the setlist ;). Don't know if you have seen'm live. But when you are actually at the concert he sings'm all pretty much spot on, in a voice that could come from 15 year old, you don't really hear the imperfections that you hear on tape. It's pretty much amazing actually.

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah but gone away takes up 4 whole precious minutes of the setlist ;). Don't know if you have seen'm live. But when you are actually at the concert he sings'm all pretty much spot on, in a voice that could come from 15 year old, you don't really hear the imperfections that you hear on tape. It's pretty much amazing actually.

Haha right. I've seem them live 4 times. August 97, November 99 and twice October 2004.

=)

The thing is, I keep complaining but I know I will pay 100 bucks to listen to the same old set list in Baltimore .:rolleyes:

I can't help it.

Jesus
05-18-2008, 12:54 PM
But you can't tell he sings bad live, right? I've never been able too. They all sound so good.

Baltimore is the V Fest thing right? Yeah then you probably get a standard festival setlist (which is acceptable, cause I wouldn't want any other band that I only vaguely know to play obscure songs after i spend so much on a ticket). But RAFRAG is out for a while then, so probably more songs from that though. :)

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
But you can't tell he sings bad live, right? I've never been able too. They all sound so good.

Baltimore is the V Fest thing right? Yeah then you probably get a standard festival setlist (which is acceptable, cause I wouldn't want any other band that I only vaguely know to play obscure songs after i spend so much on a ticket). But RAFRAG is out for a while then, so probably more songs from that though. :)

Of course not. He doesn't sing bad live. I just think something is still missing, you know. Pete looked very excited yesterday and I couldn't see Dexter like that. I guess I just want this year to be the Band Year you know. I want everybody to be talking about how awesome they are. They deserve it.

It was beautiful to see their enthusiasm while playing the new tracks. That's what I'm talking about.

I was kind of pissed yesterday, specially after watching Metallica. That was a perfect show. I want to feel the same about my favorite band. I want websites saying they were the best from these festivals.

I want people who are not fan, at last admit they rock live.

Is that too much? am I being a bitch or something?

=|

jacknife737
05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Dexter and company sounded pretty solid during the setlist, and it seemed like a great show. Although i did notice a lot more "energy" during and after they started playing the newer stuff. Looks like Higgins is gone for good now, which is too bad since i really liked him. Lets hope when they get around to doing their own tour they break out some older material like they did during the 05 Warped Tour.

Unnatural Disaster
05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
This would be awesome for the RAFRAG Tour:

1. Hammerhead
2. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
3. Come Out and Play
4. TKAA
5. Half-Truism
6. Session - (just for fun)
7. Trust In You
8. All I Want
9. Pretty Fly
10. [Another New Song]
11. Have You Ever
12. Bad Habit
13. [Another New Song]
14. I Choose - they NEED to play this live!!
15. Self Esteem
16. Lightning Rod - ENCORE song

jopez
05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
It was great to see them after waiting 3 years since warped tour...

I've got to admit, it seemed like the show didn't start until The Offspring went on. There were 4 different fires burning up on the lawn and the crowd was going insane. I've seen em four times and this was one of the best they've sounded.

Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far Kid were also badass to see live... and so was Pete Prada...

Can't wait for a tour!

Leandro
05-18-2008, 01:16 PM
They need to play the songs with more enthusiasm, play more old songs and vary the setlist too...
I'd love to hear Dirty Magic, Session, L.A.P.D., Get It right, Kick Him When He's Down, Genocide, What Happened To You?, Nitro, Smash, The Meaning Of Life, Mota, Cool To Hate...

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't want much I think. I just want them to be the best band live.

S2

RobinoZombie
05-18-2008, 01:30 PM
IF they play i choose they'll have to lower it like one octave, dex didnt hitthe notes it in 97 or 99

ThunderPX
05-18-2008, 01:40 PM
They might bust out Dirty Magic again since they did a new version.

Or you could just hope their gear shuts off so they have to do an acoustic set :P

Cock Joke
05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I thought it started off kinda so-so, but then it immediately got real awesome! I think it was right around when they started doing Want you Bad or Gonna go Far.

Alex101
05-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Dexter and company sounded pretty solid during the setlist, and it seemed like a great show. Although i did notice a lot more "energy" during and after they started playing the newer stuff. Looks like Higgins is gone for good now, which is too bad since i really liked him. Lets hope when they get around to doing their own tour they break out some older material like they did during the 05 Warped Tour.

Yeah, it most definitely was a great show.

RageAndLov
05-18-2008, 05:22 PM
is there any way to see the peformance on the internet or download it somewhere?

EDIT: found it... youtube of course :P