PDA

View Full Version : pete parada: well done!

brian.offspring
05-18-2008, 08:05 PM
i don't know, what do you think?
for what i have seen and heard, he is doing a great job,
he puts a lot of energy at shows!

i think he is the right one
so . . greg dexter and noodles, good election!

Camilamazed
05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Agreed. He's a great drummer and I'm really looking forward to seeing him playing.

=D

LowEndLem
05-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Saw him in You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

Fantastic.

spidey255
05-18-2008, 09:23 PM

is this some kind of poem?

btw i agree he's doing very well.

slade
05-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I really wanted Atom to stay. I liked him.

But Pete looks badass enough to take his place. :)

dff_punk
05-19-2008, 02:18 AM
He is awesome, watch him at the part "through this doorway..." of Hammerhead, that is some killer drumming! :cool:

Count Orlok
05-19-2008, 03:20 AM
I like his drumming very much.HeŽs the right guy for the job.I hope heŽll stay longer than Atom...

ThunderPX
05-19-2008, 03:38 AM
Yeah, he's pretty awesome from what I saw at the Weenie Roast. Just the intro of Hammerhead is a little iffy, but I can imagine it would be a bit hard to get just right since it starts really, um, "gentle" in a way.

Joe Ging
05-19-2008, 03:59 AM
I really like his job too, but he's not ok on all the songs. He just fucked the Pretty fly intro :D

Ansem
05-19-2008, 04:33 AM
I really wanted Atom to stay. I liked him.

But Pete looks badass enough to take his place. :)
Agree.
But Atom does a great job at Angels & Airwaves now. :) Hope they will tour together someday. :p
Ron was awesome too.
They're all great drummers. :) Pete makes the songs a bit more heavier, so I guess that'll fit better with the new album.

The Search Button
05-19-2008, 05:10 AM
He is awesome, watch him at the part "through this doorway..." of Hammerhead, that is some killer drumming! :cool:

Yes. Thats right!

What about during the mellower part of "You Gonna Go Far, Kid"?

Great drumming.

pieniol(PL)
05-19-2008, 05:44 AM
taht's right. Pete is killer drummer, he really suits to The Offspring. Well done Pete! I wish You to stay with Offspring forever.

Zee
05-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeah, he was good and brings some new elements which is only refreshing. Seemed to be energetic and stuff... only thing that he should play Gone Away as it's on the album. The part after "world is so cold, now thay you've gone away" with instruments only... it should be with hi-hat and snare, not with other cymbal and can's.

Let's see if this is fixed on their next shows and he actually reads the forum. It was funny when in those Australian bootlegs he came late to the Bad Habit starting twice, but now he nailed it.

Notice also how it's on every song Pete with hi-hat who starts the songs. Even All I Want. And he also uses it when it necessary shouldn't be, like The Kids Aren't Alright intro. But it's a whatever-case, just a notable thing. I guess they've decided him to always give the sign when everything's ready.

I'd sum this so that Ron had fucking great timing and he was way too underrated, he played with the accuracy of a Swiss clock, just a little soft. Atom was very hard hitting and energetic and Pete is a little Atom style too.

Way to go Pete.

HeadAroundU
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd simply say that Pete is something between Ron and Atom.

I love Pete on "kid".

Angelo
05-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I caught the kroq webcast from the first chorus of Hammerhead and wasn't entirely feeling his drumming at first. However, after a couple of songs I started to get a better feeling about what he was doing. Perhaps I got a sense of him settling in (or perhaps I'm way off...). One thing I wasn't a fan of was how he introduced most of the songs with the "1, 2, 3, 4" hitting of the hi-hats. I understand that it's commonly done, but it seems a little cheap to me. Kind of ruins the spontaneity in some way (for me, at least). Please keep in mind that I'm well aware there are various reasons drummers do this, so I'm not bashing him (or the band) for it. It's just something I'm not a fan of, for whatever reason. :)

Anyways, he seemed very adequate and into most of the performance, though he didn't connect with Noodles the way Atom used to. I suppose that will happen in due time. :)

pieniol(PL)
05-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd simply say that Pete is something between Ron and Atom.

I love Pete on "kid".

Couldn't say it better:)

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
He's alot better than ron, but to me the offspring will always be Dexter, Noodles, Greg and Ron.

Cock Joke
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Pete's awesome! I hope he stays.

Jack-UK
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Pete is immense.

Never liked Atom's hair. lawlz.

nameless
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
apart from a few dodgy clips on you tube, i havent seen much of pete with the offspring. a lot of these comments remind me of when atom first joined, people going on about how great he is. while they both bought their own style to to the set (like anyone would) ultimately, things are gonna be pretty much the same!

IamSam
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Pete brings something to them that I think they have lacked: Power in a drummer.

No offense, but Ron was somewhat zombieish with a tad of boredom. Atom was fun to watch, but really wasn't for me. Can't explain it.

Pete. I love him. I can't explain why, but he's great.

On another note: Does anyone else think Dexter (or Bob) told Josh Freese to 'have fun' with the drums on this album, or is that just me? It seems that on Hammerhead there are a lot of little things added that aren't normally on an Offspring drum track, same with 'Kid.'

jacknife737
05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Atom was my man, i've liked his stuff since his RFTC days, and i really wished he stayed with the band. Ron was their original, but Atom always seemed a lot more energetic, at least to me. When i first heard Pete joined the band, i checked out his "resume", his Face to Face tenure seemed to suggest he'd be a good fit, and after seeing his Kroq performance, he is. He's not Atom, but he seems a really good fit for the band, and i hope he stays on.

On another note: Does anyone else think Dexter (or Bob) told Josh Freese to 'have fun' with the drums on this album, or is that just me? It seems that on Hammerhead there are a lot of little things added that aren't normally on an Offspring drum track, same with 'Kid.'

No, i've been thinking the same way. I'm certainly no "drum expert" but what i've heard does sound very interesting.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah i definetly like pete more than atom, he just has more of an offspring feeling than atom did. Like it just feels like he fits in more with offspring than atom did. It sucks that i didn't get to see them live before ron quite, i saw had to see them with atom.:mad:

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 05:09 PM
i have liked what ive seen so far from Pete. Ron was boring on drums, and Atom seemed so out of place, but Pete fits right in. I hope he stays on and records. So if anyone in the band reads this, I've heard the reason Atom and Pete didnt get to record on the records they joined around was because of something to do with contract restrictions or something, please sort it out by the next Album so Pete can record! :D

Camilamazed
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, thing is if Ron or Atom had never left the band, everybody would be happy and nobody would say anything about'em.

=)

Kickdrum
05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Ron was kind of underrated. Sure, he was never a spectacular drummer, but he never tried overselling the song. It's kind of annoying when you hear a song live, and the drums are overpowering the rest of the song. Ron fit in perfectly, and it was a shame when he departed. To this day, I would've loved to hear them do MAMOL live, just to see and hear him do the awesome syncopated fill during the chorus.

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Ron was kind of underrated. Sure, he was never a spectacular drummer, but he never tried overselling the song. It's kind of annoying when you hear a song live, and the drums are overpowering the rest of the song. Ron fit in perfectly, and it was a shame when he departed. To this day, I would've loved to hear them do MAMOL live, just to see and hear him do the awesome syncopated fill during the chorus.

forgot... which song is MAMOL?

Kickdrum
05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
forgot... which song is MAMOL?

Me And My Old Lady - Never really cared for the song for the longest time, but now it's one of my faves.

adRi
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
he's making a great job. At the Electric Festival (Madrid-Spain) his solo was fucking awesome!!!

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, he has REAL power, he puts more energy in the drums than Ron, so he's the perfect election, but Atom is better he was the perfect drummer for the band :rolleyes:

Ill.be.waiting.
06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I totally agree...
he puts so much energy
I love the drums on hammerhead
it kills me
great great job
couldn't be better

SaiKYoU
06-02-2008, 06:24 AM
me loves pete!

Jojan
06-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I WANT RON!

Pete sucks. Don't know if it's his or the rest of the band idea to count in every song. It sucks in most songs! The Kids Aren't Alright, Self Esteem and All I Want is just a few of the awesome songs that sucks with Pete doing that. (I base this fact mostley on the KROQ show)

ThunderPX
06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I WANT RON!

Pete sucks. Don't know if it's his or the rest of the band idea to count in every song. It sucks in most songs! The Kids Aren't Alright, Self Esteem and All I Want is just a few of the awesome songs that sucks with Pete doing that. (I base this fact mostley on the KROQ show)

Cry me a fucking river. Nobody gives a shit about four hi-hat hits before a song. Crop them out of the recordings if you care so much.

Free?
06-07-2008, 06:27 AM
I just understood why Pete looks pretty unusual on the live shows. It's because his drumset looks lower than Ron's or Atom's were. So it looks like Big Pete is smashing crap out of small drums. Haha :D

Rutegard
06-07-2008, 06:54 AM

same here

nameless
06-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, thing is if Ron or Atom had never left the band, everybody would be happy and nobody would say anything about'em.

=)

exactly! everyone couldnt praise atom enough when he joined and now pete is getting the same treatment. so if he were to leave there would no doubt be posts about how he never fitted in!

ernesto88
06-07-2008, 06:21 PM
i miss Ron Welty, but i'm not displeasure with Pete Parada. he play very well. I like how play in live shows, he leaves all his energy in concert.

He's a killer of drums

haha