PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that RFRG will reborn the them

come out swinging
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
i like the sound of the new album. I heard 3 1/4 songs and like how it sounds. Dexter said that the album has lot of energy to it and it sure does feel like it. I think that the offspring will become big again, like when smash came out. Do you agree?

Alex101
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
i like the sound of the new album. I heard 3 1/4 songs and like how it sounds. Dexter said that the album has lot of energy to it and it sure does feel like it. I think that the offspring will become big again, like when smash came out. Do you agree?

Yeah, I think it would be great if The Offspring could become big again.

jacknife737
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I doubt its going to sell 10 million, but i'm confident that it will surpass Splinter in sales.

The Search Button
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't care how big they were/are or will be.

I don't care how many people in my street know of their existance.

As long as they continue to produce some cool tunes I'm a happy guy.

dff_punk
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't agree that it will make them as big as when Smash came out, but hopefully as big as Americana.

It will need a poppier single than Hammerhead to do that. But the question is, do we want them to be big for us, the hardcore fans, or the trendy 14y.os which will switch to some random pop group anyway after a few months.

dff_punk
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Yep, on the other hand, they could listen to some good music at least for a while. :p

Angelo
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I, personally, want them to become huge! I want to see them everywhere and hear them all of the time. The more exposure the better. I want more white 14 year olds to appreciate them. I want more black 19 year olds to learn about them. I want more Greek people to hear their music and I want more soccer moms to become fans.

Either way, it doesn't change how I feel about them, but the more love the better! :)

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
smash wasn't that popie, and that was big.

HeadAroundU
05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
It looks like a platinum album. How many times platinum, nobody knows. :)

jacknife737
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
It will need a poppier single than Hammerhead to do that. But the question is, do we want them to be big for us, the hardcore fans, or the trendy 14y.os which will switch to some random pop group anyway after a few months.

I used to be a trendy 10 year'old kid who picked up Americana, and it changed my life forever. I wish the band as much success as they want to get.

dff_punk
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I used to be a trendy 10 year'old kid who picked up Americana, and it changed my life forever. I wish the band as much success as they want to get.

That is actually quite my story also. But u know, you hate the young for doing the same things what you did when you were young:rolleyes:

Scythe Death
05-19-2008, 04:57 PM
"I'm not a trendy asshole. I do what I want. I do what I feel like."

I always thought it was ironic how it became trendy to like The Offspring. I don't want it to be trendy again. I want to feel comfortable listening to their music.

I also doubt they'll be as popular again. I believe their time has passed along with their youth.

Cock Joke
05-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I honestly, truly believe that it will be the "American Idiot" of The Offspring's career. No lie!

Jack-UK
05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Agreed Cock Joke.

I dont get all this anti-'sell out' crap.. I think it will be cool if the Offspring get big again from this album... After the buzz around Greatest Hits fizzled out ive heard nothing but 'offspring sucks' etc from maaaanyyy people.. i hope its big so i can shove it in their face ;)

But nah, i dont care, so long as its GOOD MUSIC i dont care whether its big or not.. but i love the band, and they want their music to be big, so lets hope it is.

The fact is, if i'd never heard pretty fly when i was 7/8 years old.. i'd have never got into rock music i don't think. The good news is, every single person i've sent Hammerhead too so far has loved it... i've got people hooked already on the first single, which is hardly mainstream at all.

CANT.FUCKING.WAIT!

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I actualy was never trendie, infact i'm more trendie now than i used to be. But before offspring i listened to like oasis and stuff. Offspring changed my life and they will always be my favorite band, not even bad religion could replace them. Offspring helped make me who i am today. I live in detroit so trust me, if it wasn't for offspring i'd be a little wigger kid walking around with my pants falling down and shit. So yeah i guess if this album is more succsesful then more kids can get into offspring, so i hope this album is very succesful.

Conspiracyof1000
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I actually won't mind if Offspring get big again. Like Cock Joke, I believe this will be their American Idiot.

And if it weren't for the Offspring I'd be a poor, rejected girl crying on the bed right now. Well, I'm still poor and rejected, but at least I'm not crying! :D

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't agree that it will make them as big as when Smash came out, but hopefully as big as Americana.

they were more popular around Americana though.

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 06:13 PM

im 14 tomorrow, and i fucking hate pop.

Camilamazed
05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
I've been saying that for a long time. I said that this CD would be the turning point. I want to see them big. I want everybody to know that my favorite band is back again, better than ever. I have faith on the guys.

They deserve to be huge.

Conspiracyof1000
05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
This adds nothing to the conversation, but happy early birthday Ryder1234!:D

This adds to the conversation: I know plenty of 14-year-olds, and they're all wiggers. Show them a good punk song and they go, "that's not music." I think the only one close to 14 that I know that hates rap I "accidentally" hooked onto The Offspring.

Camilamazed
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Just for the record: I don't mind about the 14-year-old kids listening to the band because that's the exact age most of the people here and I started listening to the band.

People should stop worrying about it. Let the kiddos be happy and enjoy the offspring as much as we do.

TeddyBear_Army
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM

This adds to the conversation: I know plenty of 14-year-olds, and they're all wiggers. Show them a good punk song and they go, "that's not music." I think the only one close to 14 that I know that hates rap I "accidentally" hooked onto The Offspring.

hey, just joined your forum! Together we shall rule the world!

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Just for the record: I don't mind about the 14-year-old kids listening to the band because that's the exact age most of the people here and I started listening to the band.

People should stop worrying about it. Let the kiddos be happy and enjoy the offspring as much as we do.

Dude, i live in detroit and i havn't been a wigger sense i was like 10, also i have some buddys that are 14 and thier not wiggers.

Kickdrum
05-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I've been saying that for a long time. I said that this CD would be the turning point. I want to see them big. I want everybody to know that my favorite band is back again, better than ever. I have faith on the guys.

They deserve to be huge.

It seems that the Guys took a lot of extra effort and pride in making this album as good as possible. From what we've heard so far, the songs have energy, are smart, and are extremely addictive. Also notice that we have not heard any "novelty" tracks that have been customary first singles with new albums. Finally, they have decided to not try too hard to make that pop song that will sell records. "Hammerhead" makes the previous three efforts look silly.

I find it quite ironic that everyone is talking about being huge again, when it seems like the band is finally comfortable making music that pleases themselves and the true fans. Don't get me wrong, exposure, critical acclaim, and commercial success would be great and well-deserved - but I'd like to think that all that will be added gravy to what we all already know.

Camilamazed
05-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I find it quite ironic that everyone is talking about being huge again, when it seems like the band is finally comfortable making music that pleases themselves and the true fans.

Well, that doesn't mean they cannot be huge for the true fans. Maybe that's the time they will let's say, get the true fans back. People that for some reason stopped listening to them. When I mean huge, I mean huge for them to feel respected again and huge for us, true fans.

wrc307
05-19-2008, 06:44 PM
is very good material. i like the sound of the new album. in fact when i heard hammerhead the first time (the soundwave rip) i didnt like, but when i heard the studio version i get very impressed and now is one of my favourites songs... with half truism and yggf,k when i heard live the first time i love both songs... specieally the last one

slade
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM

I started listening to them when i was younger. I don't have a problem as long as they don't change their music to suit them.

And Dexter says some mof the songs sound like a "frigging freight train".

Bring on th Offspring revolution!! :cool:

clocks_R_slow
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
If this album becomes huge, it becomes huge! Either way, it's gonna knock us out with it's greatness! LOL, but yeah, to see another generation of Offspringer's would be pretty rad to see.

But, in the words of my good friend Mark Montes, (aka NEVO on the boards)
"If i ever see an emo kid wearing any offspring accessories, i'm gonna punch him in the nose, and when he asks why i did it... I'm gonna punch him again!" :cool:

Kickdrum
05-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, that doesn't mean they cannot be huge for the true fans. Maybe that's the time they will let's say, get the true fans back. People that for some reason stopped listening to them. When I mean huge, I mean huge for them to feel respected again and huge for us, true fans.

I guess I oversimplified the fact that they will always be huge to the diehard fans. I've been an avid fan for 14 years, and my musical tastes have changed sooo much to the point of where I listen to very little "punk" anymore...However, when it comes to The Offspring, I will never lose interest.

2L8IW1N
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Both Rock stations here (89x and 101WRIF) have been playing hammerhead and saying how it sounds like their Smash days material. today WRIF (more of a rock station than an alternative station) said that Offspring seem to be back with VENGEANCE! I liked that. Everything I've heard off the CD so far has been great. I think this CD will do real well, the problem is most people nowadays brush off the Offspring because they are 'past their prime'. Hopefully there are some renewed believers :)

RODNEYMULLEN
05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Where do you live, cause those are my local radio stations. I actualy live like in south warren but it's like 4 blocks from detroit and also nobody outside of michigan knows where warren is so i just say i'm from detroit. I didn't know 89x has been playing offspring, they usualy only play self esteem.

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 07:18 PM

YAY! thanks :D

what shows im not a wigger, is that, yeah i was accidentally hooked on Offspring, but i got hooked through QUOTSA. i went to buy the DVD version of "Lullabies to Paralize" and my mom was buying me whatever CD i wanted, but she said she didnt want to buy me it cause i already had the normal version, and she was like "why dont you get that Offspring Cd (turned out to be greatest hits), you like them right?" so i looked at the songs on it and said "OK it has Original Prankster on it and Hit That" (LOL). then i heard Smash and stuff.

IamSam
05-19-2008, 07:20 PM
I have friends who aren't big fans and they really like Hammerhead, which is a good sign. My girlfriend hardly listens to the same music I do but loves 'Kid' which is good for me.;)

Lithuanian Offspring
05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
RFRG could REBORN the OFPNG.

Ryder1234
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
are extremely addictive.
i cant stop saying "Dance Fucker Dance, You never had a chance" now :D

come out swinging
05-19-2008, 08:33 PM

This album will draw attention to the rock scene and themselves. Fans will listen to them more. Look how long it took to get this album together. You know its gonna sound good. I agree with Camilamazed.

Llamas
05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm appalled by the abundant use of the word "wigger" in this thread. Do you people not realize how offensive that is?

I think this album will be extremely good, way better than the last two albums... but I do not think they will explode. Unless they release one of the ballady songs on the album as the next single.

Enix Belmont
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I think this might end up my favorite album by them, but as for this album being their american idiot, no fucking way. Not with a song like hammerhead as their first single.

0r4ng3
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sure it's been said before, but I really don't care if they become popular again. Just as long as the album sounds good, which I'm sure it will.

IamSam
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I have better grammar than that, plus it would say under my post that I edited it if I had. Sooooooo llamas 1 jim 0.

I agree with you on the use of the word 'wigger' and its original word.

2L8IW1N
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Where do you live, cause those are my local radio stations. I actualy live like in south warren but it's like 4 blocks from detroit and also nobody outside of michigan knows where warren is so i just say i'm from detroit. I didn't know 89x has been playing offspring, they usualy only play self esteem.

Im from Livonia, currently living in Howell though during school.

I know exactly where Warren is at. I was at 10 mile and Hoover delivering stuff for my job today.

GunForHire
05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't really care if they get a bunch of mainstream attention again, as long as the album is good. That said, it'd be nice if they got some appreciation from the wider public for being capable of more than just the songs they hear on the radio, which are usually Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ.

jacknife737
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Stop trolling Jim.

RazielSR
05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Rafrag Will Kick Ur Ass, Man!

RageAndLov
05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
About the mainstream attention: It's ok, to a certain degree. If a single from RAFRAG is gonna be as huge as Apologize by One Republic, I'm gonna kill myself!
I am a MCR fan, and one of my fav songs from The Black Parade was Welcome To The Black Parade, and when it was on radio and mtv ALL THE TIME, i got SICK of it! I can't stand to listen to it today, two years after it being a single!
So if offspring is gonna be THAT huge, i wouldn't appreciate it very much...

Where do you live, cause those are my local radio stations. I actualy live like in south warren but it's like 4 blocks from detroit and also nobody outside of michigan knows where warren is so i just say i'm from detroit.

Most people knows where Warren is, right? At least people in the US

I from NORWAY knows where Warren is :P

RageAndLov
05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
smash wasn't that popie, and that was big.

yes, but the kids nad MTV were accpeting music like that more than now, especially after Nirvana's Nevermind

NotTheOne_NL
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM

what is the quarter song?

1. Hammerhead
2. Half Truism
3. You're gonna go far, kid
3 1/4 ........

F@ BANKZ
05-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd be hugely surprised if R&F equaled Smash or Americana in sales; those were two massive, massive albums. I don't think they'll be able to recover in the public's eye from their last two albums with this album alone. However, I also fermly believe this album has the potential to make the band "reborn" in other ways/

IamSam
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd be hugely surprised if R&F equaled Smash or Americana in sales; those were two massive, massive albums. I don't think they'll be able to recover in the public's eye from their last two albums with this album alone. However, I also fermly believe this album has the potential to make the band "reborn" in other ways/

I tend to agree. I think it will easily outsell Splinter and Co1, but I think with the advent of fast internet and loads of file sharing many will opt out of buying the album.

Llamas
05-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, they did release "original prankster", which featured redman, right? ;)

But seriously, I just pictured Dexter wearing bling and a bandana... bouncing on stage, waving his arm up and down while he raps about how he don't give a fack.

Conspiracyof1000
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
If that happened, I would lose some of my brain by it falling out my ears.

I feel really bad for saying the word, I'm sorry for being racist. :( I'm really not racist, I'm just used to hearing that word when white people rap at school. I'm really sorry. I hate making people feel bad. I know that was over about three pages ago, but I really wanted to apologize. Sorry for the rant. :o

Smash punker
05-21-2008, 02:33 AM
I think that Offspring will surprise a lot of people. Ive only heard Hammerhead yet, but if the rest of the album gonna be that fucking good. I wont complain. Its got so much of the roots. Im so glad and relieved :D It sounds so clean and reminds me some older songs also. I mean the rhytm. And Hammerhead its quite long and speedy song, so great. Im dying to hear the whole thing! Punx! :D

Camilamazed
05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
I think that Offspring will surprise a lot of people.

Those are my words. MY words.

=P

shanna_guarana
05-21-2008, 05:29 AM
After these four songs Ive heard I'm pretty sure that I'm going to like the whole album...but I'm not sure about the reborn....it's coming out like an excuse for all the bad albums they've made after Americana....this album had to come right after Americana....that would be the strong chain...

i_am_the_bishop
05-21-2008, 06:55 AM
But before offspring i listened to like oasis and stuff. Offspring changed my life and they will always be my favorite band

that's exactly me! oasis were my favourite band but i always thought that type of music wasn't quite exciting enough. then i heard the offspring and it was amazing. reading intervievs with them helped me discover stuff like the dickies and tsol and i never looked back.

i enjoyed them being really popular and seeing stuff about them everywhere but i'm more interested in having a good pogo at gigs which is much easier when they're less popular. so i hope they're reborn into a fantastic punk band that all the kids hate ha ha ha! but judging by hammerhead that's not gonna happen although i do think it's a great song

dff_punk
05-21-2008, 06:58 AM
I think that Offspring will surprise a lot of people. Ive only heard Hammerhead yet, but if the rest of the album gonna be that fucking good. I wont complain. Its got so much of the roots. Im so glad and relieved :D It sounds so clean and reminds me some older songs also. I mean the rhytm. And Hammerhead its quite long and speedy song, so great. Im dying to hear the whole thing! Punx! :D

Of course Hammerhead is speedy, but keep in mind there is an information from various sources that on the new album will also be some slow songs, some like they had not done before. But let us not judge untill we hear it.

Anyway, I still think that RFRG will reborn the them.

Smash punker
05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Those are my words. MY words.

=P

Im sorry girl, but just a coincidence. Swear it. I didnt read the previous posts! :D

RobinoZombie
05-22-2008, 03:10 AM
i think so, perhaps, maybe, aslong as they come to sweden once more they can do what they want:P

IamSam
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Bumping this thread for two reasons:

1. Hammerhead is now the most popular Offspring song on iTunes.
2. Many of the reviews say that the band isn't their favorite but that they (the reviewers) love the song and want to hear the rest of the album.

I have a feeling this will be a rebirth in a way.

Chrome
05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
i agree because 1 everyone in my school knows Offspring for Hammerhead instead of Pretty Fly now (those that do know them), And 2 because even Abadon11, the guy who spammed here just to get banned after he told me he didnt like the Offspring anymore admits that Hammerhead and Your gonna go far, kid are amazing songs. thats saying alot coming from him

Hypodermic_89
05-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Why does it matter to us fans whether The Offspring become big again? It doesn't affect us in anyway, although I guess it would be cool to know that you're fav. band is one of the most popular bands out there. But that's not my point. My point is that The Offspring are extremely popular, but not that popular in mainstream media, and I want to keep it that way.

If they become big again, we're gonna have a bunch of lost kids not knowing what stereotype to belong to, so they go with the "lol I heard Pretty Fly and now I'm tru punx" and they will be invading these forums like cockroaches on christmas. I don't want that.

Budzy
05-30-2008, 01:18 AM
ive probably been listening to them since americana, so i was like 8 or 9. pretty fly made me buy the album. those pop songs got me into the offspring. so did my next door neighbour. i still have his co1 booklet that i never gave back. haha. its like soft as tissue paper now from reciting the lyrics all the time.
personally i want it to be their same style. but i also want it to be HUGE! so the world always rmb them. im sick of ppl saying foo fighters is better. i want offspring become the big thing EVERYONE knows. to go to a concert and have
out rageous amounts of people.
but if it doesnt happen.
im still happy.
i still get 12 new offspring tracks to add to my collection.

and offspring will always be gods.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
05-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Reborn them? They never died :cool:

IamSam
05-30-2008, 02:07 AM
If they become big again, we're gonna have a bunch of lost kids not knowing what stereotype to belong to, so they go with the "lol I heard Pretty Fly and now I'm tru punx" and they will be invading these forums like cockroaches on christmas. I don't want that.

http://thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

Jesus
05-30-2008, 02:13 AM
<3

one hundred punks
05-30-2008, 05:58 AM
I don't care how big they were/are or will be.

I don't care how many people in my street know of their existance.

As long as they continue to produce some cool tunes I'm a happy guy.

QFT! This man speaks the truth.
________
Suzuki GS500F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GS500F)

ernesto88
05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
I liked the songs, these are the best I've heard so far. (best that splinter and conspiracy of one of course! )