PDA

View Full Version : effect pedals used in their cds

come out swinging
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
for the last few days ive been listening to the song you're gonna far kid and it sounds like in the prechorus an effect pedal is used. and in half-truism their is an effect.

the effect pedals i know they used in recent albums are leslie, chorus, delay,wah wah, some kind of effect that makes an engine sound, besides that its strictly distortion and clean sound.

spidey255
05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
looks like you've answered your own question.

come out swinging
05-21-2008, 05:31 AM
im just saying, that RFRG will have effects in it.

Hypodermic_89
05-21-2008, 06:05 AM
That's useful to know.

malibu43
05-21-2008, 11:21 AM

I would think it would be difficult to find a CD made in the last few years (if not more) that didn't have any effects in it.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-21-2008, 05:13 PM

Well it's better than putting out another splinter, with fake drums and synthesizers like in hit that. It was a great album but in the tour of the studio video on splinter extras, higgans points out a drum machine and said they use that instead of a real set. That pissed me off, it takes life out of the songs, makes it sound like a robot playing or something, i like a real set in songs.

Blastero
05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Well it's better than putting out another splinter, with fake drums and synthesizers like in hit that. It was a great album but in the tour of the studio video on splinter extras, higgans points out a drum machine and said they use that instead of a real set. That pissed me off, it takes life out of the songs, makes it sound like a robot playing or something, i like a real set in songs.
Splinter has real drums. Josh Freese did them. The extra on the Splinter CD was a tour of their demo studio. Note the drastically different sounding instrument tracks on the Da Hui recording he plays.

Footman
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
In Splinter too.

Cant get my head around you.. also Cant Repeat

RobinoZombie
05-22-2008, 02:26 AM
yes, josh plays ze drumz

ygokazuki
05-22-2008, 02:45 AM
for the last few days ive been listening to the song you're gonna far kid and it sounds like in the prechorus an effect pedal is used. and in half-truism their is an effect. sounds like chorus to me, same with the descending thing in the half-truism chorus

crrrN
05-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Sounds like a tremolo over the voice as well. (Half Truism)