PDA

View Full Version : Favorite of the 4 new songs so far?

commonrider5447
05-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Im so excited for this album, I think it could be their best since Ixnay (my favorite). Honestly Splinter seemed forced, like they just did the pop songs and the punk songs like they had for the past few CDs, but this album sounds like its just 4 guys rocking out like the ole days and making whatever kind of music they want (as seen with Hammerhead being the least radio friendly single ever but still awesome).

1. Half-Truism
2. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
3. Hammerhead
4. Trust in you

But all are totally 9/10 songs... SO good. This album is gonna be GREAT. It sounds like old school + some new creativity.

offspringing
05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
i love your going far kid

how did you hear trust in you??

Enix Belmont
05-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Same order as you.

Half truism is just awesome. Love the opening, love everything about it.

You're gonna go far kid....Its actually really growing on me, i might actually put this above half truism. I really like a lot of the lyrics.

Hammerhead i love but after hearing the other two i really think they picked the wrong first single.

Trust in you was cool, but didn't really stand out. I havent heard good quality or the whole song though so who knows.

commonrider5447
05-20-2008, 10:52 PM
i love your going far kid

how did you hear trust in you??

there is a live version of half-truism on you-tube where u can hear maybe the first half of Trust in You, just search for "offspring trust in you"

Cejus
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
You should have added a poll or something =P

1. You're gonna go far, kid
2. Hammerhead
3. Half-truism

I love YGGFK; it sounds like my favourite kind of Offspring song, much in the line of TKAA. I cannot imagine how great it will sound in its album version. I cannot judge "Trust in you", however. We've just listened to a single minute of it, and the quality of the recording wasn't that good, either.

T_immortal
05-20-2008, 11:48 PM
there is a live version of half-truism on you-tube where u can hear maybe the first half of Trust in You, just search for "offspring trust in you"

actually thats the studio version of half truism :D i almost died when i heard it, and it sounds freaking awesome tuned up! I did that to the live version i had and it sounded awesome, im glad they did it to the final version :)

Mucho Macho
05-21-2008, 01:33 AM
After hearing some (crappy) studio versions of those 4 songs, I'd go for...
1: Trust In You (definately!!!, this is how an Offspring-song should be like; fast punk sounding song with awesome guitars and very fast drums; the new All I Want has arrived people!)
2: Half-Truism: the studio version is a bit slower than they played it live in Australia (and I like that more), some cool effects are added too on the studio version.
3: Hammerhead: that's a good song, good bass.
4: YGGFK: sorry guys, I don't like this one; it's neither a catchy song like Pretty Fly nor it's a rock song like Head Around You. Plus, the slower part, I find that annoying to be honest, listened to it twice and that was already enough for me... Nope, I don't dig this one, but maybe the studio version will be better...

Jesus
05-21-2008, 02:03 AM
1. YGGFK live: Awesome catchy slower dance beat-ish parts, without being annoying. No dumb lyrics. Great faster parts. A crossover song which is always more interesting. Awesome Awesome
2. Hammerhead: Bass, drums, great lyrics although dexter's voice sounds kinda weird in parts.
3. Half Truism live and bad mp3 player album rip: Starts really great brilliant vocals, but I'm not to keen on the middle of the song. Still an awesome song.
4. Trust in you, crappy one minute mp3 player album rip : Not to keen on that yet, sounds like your generic fast Offspring song which we all know they can do (and every album has some). Which makes it the least exciting yet and a bit boring.

I'm completely stoked for the album!

dexter@the.us
05-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Trust in you
Беспезды :)

rlplaymaker
05-21-2008, 02:10 AM
as soon as i heard that clip of "Trust in You" a few weeks ago, i was pretty stoked. I think its hard to tell with the crappy quality of that clip...however ,it has the potential to be the best, i think. if that makes any sense.

keonii7
05-21-2008, 02:35 AM
1. Hammerhead
2. You're Gonna Go Far Kid
3. Trust In You
4. Half-Truism

Hammerhead is a rocking song. YGGFK makes my day because of the lyrics and the melody. At first I was skeptical of it, but then it grew on me so fast.

Trust in You is cool, but I think I need to hear the real version because the bootleg one's quality might not do it justice.

I don't dislike Half-Truism, but I wish the chorus went faster or had swear words or something to make it more exciting. All four songs are great.

holland25
05-21-2008, 02:42 AM
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust in You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead

ppronni
05-21-2008, 03:16 AM
1. Half-Truism: I've got the feeling that it will be my favorite song from the band. The live version's awesome.
2. Trust in You: Fast, melodic, powerful and agressive punk rock. Love it, that's how they should always sound.
3. Hammerhead: Very good song.
4. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid: Good catchy song, don't like the style but I admit it rocks.

BuckyO'Hare
05-21-2008, 03:30 AM
1. Trust In You. It's got everything I love about offspring. Fast, powerful, but still melodic.
2. Hammerhead. Same reason as above, but the guitar riff in Trust In You is much better.
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. New and fresh. I really like Dexter's vocals. Kinda self-esteem-ish sound in the chorus...:rolleyes:
4. Half-Truism. I don't like the chorus. Nor the weird "vocal effect" (I don't know what it is called).

gijserman
05-21-2008, 04:15 AM
1. Trust in You
2. Hammerhead
3. Half-Truism
4. YGGFK

Camilamazed
05-21-2008, 04:16 AM
If another song leaks, are we going to have another thread like this one?

Come on, guy. Let's wait for the whole thing =P

randman21
05-21-2008, 04:23 AM
In order, from most to least favorite.

1. Trust in You
2. Hammerhead
4. Half-Truism

Bacterium
05-21-2008, 04:29 AM

1. Trust in You
2. Hammerhead
4. Half-Truism

^^Same for me

Jack-UK
05-21-2008, 04:45 AM

1. Trust in You
2. Hammerhead
4. Half-Truism
My favs also!

ChickenChaser
05-21-2008, 04:46 AM
in order

Half-Truism - amazing song will probably be a hit single
Trust In You - I can't really remember this song but I do remember it was very striking
Hammerhead - powerful song, just very good all round
YGGFK - this is also a good song very catchy but the slow part before the chorus i am not a fan of

Sincerly-Sixx 13
05-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Yeah I like hammerhead haha "BANG BANG hamers in my head yeah !!! "

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
05-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Trust in you is fuckin' awesome, best one

dff_punk
05-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Right now, it is:

1. Youre Gonna Go Far, Kid(the chorus beats the crap out of me! also the "dance fucker dance!" part)
2. Hammerhead(the best first single since All I Want)
3. Half-Truism(even though number 3, still a wonderful song)
4. Trust In You(but really cannot judge based on one minute of the song)

Anyway all will change for all of you when ya hear the whole album :p

Count Orlok
05-21-2008, 06:32 AM
1.Hammerhead (combines good old offspring punk music with new impulses)10
2.Trust In You (fast,good punk song,sounds like the smash-era)9,5
3.You Gonna Go Far Kid (catchy,but great and rel.hard,good lyrics)9,5
4.Half-Truism (imo the weakest of the 4 but still a good song)9

The_Bass
05-21-2008, 08:02 AM
You're gonna go far, kid is the top I think.

I think they've picked the wrong first single this time.

gabrielpatriarca
05-21-2008, 08:03 AM
1.Hammerhead (Very Offspring style and has got a lot of energy!)
2.Trust In You (Awesome, very similar to smash and All I want somehow)
4.Half-Truism (It's their bet for massive success... it's actually fun)
3.You Gonna Go Far Kid (That slow part before the chorus is boring, at least live)

Marco
05-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Hammerhead
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Half-Truism

Grabbal
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM

Zee
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Shouldn't do this because of a) they're all different sound quality now b) not even heard the full songs of most. But what the heck...

1) Hammerhead
2) Half-Truism
3) Trust In You
4) You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

holland25
05-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Where can I hear the one minute of "Trust in you"?

Nowhere, it's deleted everywhere.

StefanDBH
05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
For me on new album "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is the best...:p

pieniol(PL)
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
1.Half - truism (studio version, besides of bad quality really kicked my ass)
2.You gonna go far kid
3.Trust in You & Hammerhead

jacknife737
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm going to hold off judging these songs as we've only heard the proper studio version of one of them. I will say, that i'm kind of particular towards You're Gonna Go Far, Kid; since i'm always a sucker for "Dance Punk".

Steph
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I've just heard those studio versions on youtube and now I love Half-Truism even more!! My favourite song so far...
But when I heard that one minute:rolleyes: of "Trust in You" the first thing that came to my mind was "Smash". Fuck it, though. Still love them:D

Hey, I've just realised that I had already heard it like one year ago...
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ygPrxHbmM "The Offspring - In the studio #1"
Holy crap:D

NotTheOne_NL
05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Where can I hear the one minute of "Trust in you"?

take a look at the forum of www.offspringbootlegs.info

Ill.be.waiting.
05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
I love all of them

but i gotta say...

Half-truism
Trust in you
Hammerhead
YGGFK

I can't wait for the album...
27 days!

mrXniick
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Hammerhead
You're gonna go far kid
trust in you
half truism

Flash12354
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I wish I could remember what Half-Truism studio sounded like... I didn't think to download it the first day it was out...didn't think columbia would go crazy.

From What i remember I really liked Half Truism...sooo...

You're Gonna Go Far Kid- Im more into bands progressing, than returning to former sounds... Since Half Truism and Trust in You sounded vaguely like the Smash-Era, I'm all for a progression... I always love bands new albums... idk... I feel like people just stick to what they're comfortable with, so they like the old stuff... but with RHCP, I think their music keeps getting better...

sorry for the rant...

You're gonna go far kid
Hammerhead
Half-Truism
Trust in YOu (dont remember it)

Cock Joke
05-21-2008, 04:58 PM
YGGFK is the best outta all of them!

iPunk247
05-21-2008, 05:18 PM
YGGFK is the best outta all of them!

100% agreed indeed.

IamSam
05-21-2008, 05:26 PM
1. Half-Truism-Dexter's vocals are amazing.
2. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid-Great lyrics, addictive beat, and great guitar work.
3. Hammerhead-Hard, fast paced, and wonderful bass.
4. Trust in You-Great background vocals, classic Offspring, heavy guitar.

Pranksta
05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
1. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
2. Hammerhead
3. Half-Truism

Too early to judge Trust in you, but I love the guitar riff. The song itself sounds like a mix between Smash and All I Want, which is definitely a good thing.

MATKO5000
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Well it could change when the album comes out, but for now:

1. Hammerhead
2. Trust In You
3. Half-Truism
4. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

..probably is coincidental that the first four tracks on the album..
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust In You
4. Hammerhead
..are the ones that we know.. xD

chriiis
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Trust In You
Hammerhead
YGGFK
Half-Truism

To my 'trust in you' is the best of the four songs, for his rhythmic aggressive in the music and voices. But the 4 songs are great!!! :D

wrc307
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
you're gonna go far kid (i heard this song a lot of time and each time its better)
hammerhead (very power song)
trust in you (i need to hear all the song...)
half truism (its a good song but... its not offspring's classic style)

brothadave79
05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
1. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid: Amazing song. A very catchy, head-bobbing track. Dance, fucker, dance!
2. Half-Truism: Great song construction. Actually a big fan of the back-up vocals.
3. Trust In You: Smash + All I Want = Win.
4. Hammerhead: At number 4, Hammerhead is still a great song. The first half is phenomenal, but the second half kinda leaves me wanting.This track at the bottom shows just how good the other three really are.

RobinoZombie
05-22-2008, 02:27 AM
YGGFK is def the song that i find myself singing the most of the four

samara
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM
1. Trust In You
2. You're Gonna Go Far Kid
3. Half-Truism
4. Hammerhead

great songs, amazing vocals and guitar.

Diego06
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
1.You gonna go far kid:even if it's the more "commercial" off all, it's a catchy song, will make dance everybody, it will be a hit i m sure, specially if they do a funny video with this one.
2. Half-truism: iwas so surprised when i heard the studio version: it's absolutely awesome,like a melancolic song, so original.
3. Hammerhead: I love the energy, and the lyrics cause i believe there are many things to understand. I really can't wait for the video. I love specially the end of the song "YOU CAN HIDE....." so energic. It's like an Offspring's "old school" song and they choose this one for single for the fans, so cool!
4. Trust in you: The song is so energic i love it. Like many others it reminds me the sONG "Smash" but it reminds me so the song "Never gonna find me" too

jim109109
05-22-2008, 02:31 PM
You're gonna go far kid would be a perfect song if it had better guitar, everything about it is great but it lacks a good riff and better guitar, just my opinion and the reason I don't like it as much as the other three.

Johnny Birdbrook
05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
From what i heard so far, i think trust in you is gonna be pretty cool.
And if it does it maybe could be like this:

1.half-truism
2.trust in you
3.hammerhead
4.yggfk

but it's all so close that it could be totally different after hereing them all in studio quality.

I think it's much more importent that they're all 4 totally great!
I believe the album is going to be the best since ixnay... at least maybe^^

brian.offspring
05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
i think trust in you is gonna be awesome. . .
but . . i want to hear the hole song first . .

so . . until now . . you are gonna go far, kid

danitanev
05-23-2008, 12:03 AM
But if I have to choose:
1.Trust In You
2.You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
3.Half-Truism
4.Hammerhead
I think each song sounds awesome and no matter that we have just Hammerhead in good quality studio version I think the other three songs would sound even better than Hammerhead, like every new song sounds better!

Peedr
05-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Mine would be probably following:

1.) Trust In You & You're Gonna Go Far Kid
2.) Hammerhead
3.) Half-Truism

Half-Truism is the one I like the least from the songs we've heard so far. Anyway, it's still a great song. All that have to mean that RFRG is going to kick ass!